Mastiff's skin problem

libelly
Dog Kichi

Oct 21, 2004, 6:10 AM

Post #1 of 12 (1710 views)
Shortcut
Mastiff's skin problem Can't Post

Hi,

My brother bought a mastiff - blacky last few months ago. and he is having some sort like skin problem. the vet said that is fungus. so he give some medicine(liquid) to us and ask us to apply on blacky's skin. but the medicine seems like doesn't help. i m not sure whether the food which is given to blacky is okie or not, my dad feed him with rice mix with chicken head and sometimes meat and bone. will this cause the skin problem? i m kinda headache with this problem.
libelly

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 21, 2004, 6:15 AM

Post #2 of 12 (1707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [libelly] Mastiff's skin problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmm...... why don't you buy a fungus shampoo for dogs and cats? My cat had fungus(ringworm) and after taking some tablets and bathing in the shampoo, everything was normal, the vet I go to is good co before that, I brought my cat to another vet which made a mistake in medication and told me it wasn't fanugus.....

When a dog is having skin problems, it's best to feed the dog with wholesome chicken breast, rice and a little vege, no beef or bones!!!!! Beef makes the skin worst!!!! Best meat for skin problems is lamb... But dogfood like lamb and rice or holistik food is good!!!!

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

libelly
Dog Kichi

Oct 21, 2004, 6:34 AM

Post #3 of 12 (1705 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Mastiff's skin problem [In reply to] Can't Post

do u have any recommendation on the brand of the fungus shampoo? and where can i get it?
libelly

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 22, 2004, 11:52 PM

Post #4 of 12 (1690 views)
Shortcut

There is a vet at genting kelang.... if you are not satying far, you can go there, the only vet there so easy to find..... he is also cheap and will sell you the shampoo and pills. If you need more info, email me..... username @expressfind.com

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 23, 2004, 1:50 AM

Post #5 of 12 (1687 views)
Shortcut

put your dogie a jab is more helpfull. Then just control with right shampoo.

where you keep your dogie? indoor or outdoor?? If outdoor, then don't put it at high temp place, it will easy to get skin problem.

My Boxers ALBUM (Updated : 22/Mar/2005)

http://photos.yahoo.com/glng675

libelly
Dog Kichi

Oct 23, 2004, 8:20 AM

Post #6 of 12 (1681 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glng675] Mastiff's skin problem [In reply to] Can't Post

i put my doggie outside the house. but we have a big garage there. so should be okie for him. but i know that he hate hot weather and likes to play with water
libelly

libelly
Dog Kichi

Oct 23, 2004, 8:21 AM

Post #7 of 12 (1680 views)
Shortcut

my doggie is in ipoh. so i think impossible to bring him to kl lo....very far
libelly

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 23, 2004, 6:10 PM

Post #8 of 12 (1677 views)
Shortcut

Oh... you're in ipoh.... sorry, didn't know...... but I think you can get the shampoo anywhere that sells pet products.... I only can remember that there is the word Derm at the end and there is a picture of a gr and a kitten on the bottle....

libelly
Dog Kichi

Oct 24, 2004, 2:53 PM

Post #9 of 12 (1669 views)
Shortcut

okie...i will try to look for it.
libelly

dogslover
Canine Addict

Nov 1, 2004, 5:35 PM

Post #10 of 12 (1629 views)
Shortcut

To libelly

Bout ur Mastiff skin problem its normal cz many Mastiff owner thy hav the same case wth u ....jx bring it 2 vet and check its ok lar...

Jx like S.Husky a lot of ppl thy bought it seem ok but after a few months thy will hav one smell its very smelly,it mean tht thy goin 2 get skin problem...but any ppl thy ought S.husky many of thm ws so lucky cz thy bought frm the breeder...its establish breeder...i 4got his name he sell his S.Husky 4 RM4plus plus.....

Anyway dt worry too much

libelly
Dog Kichi

Nov 2, 2004, 6:00 AM

Post #11 of 12 (1621 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dogslover] Mastiff's skin problem [In reply to] Can't Post

i went back to hometown last week and found that my mastiff skin is better and not smelly anymore. my dad change the blacky medical shampoo to something which remove flea and ticks one. cheaper and better than the one before...thanks god!~

wow very expensive oh..the husky
libelly

dogslover
Canine Addict

Nov 2, 2004, 7:02 AM

Post #12 of 12 (1614 views)
Shortcut

good 2 hear tht ur masstif getting better huh....

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my