Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
About Getting A Dog.. From other states.

Selina Law

Oct 21, 2004, 2:46 AM

Post #1 of 9 (4983 views)
Shortcut
About Getting A Dog.. From other states. Can't Post

I live in Kuching, Sarawak.. But if I wanna buy a dog from one of you breeders in this forum, then, how do I get the puppy if you don't live in Kuching??

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Oct 21, 2004, 5:24 AM

Post #2 of 9 (4979 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Selina Law] About Getting A Dog.. From other states. [In reply to] Can't Post

going to be difficult. you need to quarantine the dog at KLIA for 7 days. plus they don't allow puppies less than 8 weeks old and i think can't do also if not yet has full shot. sarawak is still consider a rabies state.

plus do u want to fly over to W.Malaysia and see the dogs? u may need to schedule back to back appointment with breeders for this.

puppies are not allowed into sarawak unless they have completed 3 full shots. i asked cause i am from sarawak too and wanted to bring my puppy home for xmas, by then she has completed 3 full shots + rabies.

my advice, call MKA and ask for the breeder of your prefered dog in sarawak.

Selina Law

Oct 21, 2004, 10:56 PM

Post #3 of 9 (4971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] About Getting A Dog.. From other states. [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh... Then why don't they put where the puppies are from in the ads?? That way, it'll be easier - and more informative - for the potential buyers. I was just curious anyway.. Hehe.. But thanks for the info!

dreamer71
New User

Nov 3, 2004, 10:37 PM

Post #4 of 9 (4949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Selina Law] About Getting A Dog.. From other states. [In reply to] Can't Post

u mean u are able to bring your puppy back to sarawak? how do u do that?

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 4, 2004, 7:45 PM

Post #5 of 9 (4927 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dreamer71] About Getting A Dog.. From other states. [In reply to] Can't Post

yes u can bring dogs into sarawak so long the puppy/dog has completed 3 full shots of vaccination including rabies. there is no quarantine period but proper papers and vet's contact details is required.

dreamer71
New User

Nov 5, 2004, 5:17 PM

Post #6 of 9 (4902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] About Getting A Dog.. From other states. [In reply to] Can't Post

just called the miri vet office. they have confirmed that all pets are banned from going to miri from west malaysia. so i can only ship my 3 shih tzus to sabah. and they have to be quarantined for 1 month. *sob *sob.

and from sabah...they have to remain there for 1 year before they can be shipped back to sarawak.

anybody got any other shortcuts to do it...would really really really appreciate any help....

~daphne

yellowant
Novice

Nov 17, 2004, 10:54 AM

Post #7 of 9 (4857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dreamer71] About Getting A Dog.. From other states. [In reply to] Can't Post

wow,.. I'm glad to find this thread.
I'm currently in San Francisco and I'm moving back to Kuching soon. I want to get 2 dogs when I get back, I Didn't know S'wak have such strict rules for importing dogs. (I'm bringing my cats back from here, seem easy, I just need complete paperworks.)

Daphne, they told u to quarentine the dog in sabah for 1 year ? that's crazy....can u just smuggle them in ? try Brunei... then drive to Miri.. :D

Any of you know any breeder in S'wak ? Since the import rules are so strict... may be I should get it in S'wak.. I want a Parson Russell ( aka jack russell) ,and either one of these Toy Poodle or A Pug.

dreamer71
New User

Nov 21, 2004, 6:09 AM

Post #8 of 9 (4836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yellowant] About Getting A Dog.. From other states. [In reply to] Can't Post

*giggles* Indeed i am trying to smuggle my 3 dogs into Sarawak. I have managed to get some contacts to ship them to Sibu then by road to Miri. Sly. Anyway, it will be on the 26th Nov...few more days to get them ready for their adventurous journey back to Sarawak....Wish me luck...

BoyGeorge1
Dog Kichi

Jun 12, 2005, 8:04 PM

Post #9 of 9 (4698 views)
Shortcut

Hi

Can you help ... do u know ...

whether I can bring my toy dog (Maltese) to Kuching for a week and then come back to KL coz I hate to leave it with the vet / dog hotel?

He who cheers me up when I am down
He who comforts me when I am sad
He who brightens up my day ............

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my