Home: Breed Specific: Toy Group:
Some doubt on Shih Tzu

libelly
Dog Kichi

Oct 18, 2004, 4:53 AM

Post #1 of 18 (2666 views)
Shortcut
Some doubt on Shih Tzu Can't Post

Hi. I visit a pet shop today and i have some doubt here.

1. The owner of the pet shop told me that there a smaller size shih tzu and bigger size shih tzu. Is that true? the price of the smaller size shih tzu is higher than the bigger one. and they dun wan to reduce the prize because they said smaller size shih tzu is hard to breed and find in the market.

2. Besides, I hav some doubt on the hair color of shih tzu. The pet shop owner told me that the darker the brown color on the shih tsu's hair the better they looks when they grow up, coz when the shih tsu grow up, the color on their hair will fade away so is better to have a darker color. is that true?

I am searching for a shih tzu now but I don't have much knowledge on shih tzu, I need some advice from here coz I don't know how true is the words from the pet owner.
libelly

Sydney
Doggyman

Oct 18, 2004, 5:08 AM

Post #2 of 18 (2664 views)
Shortcut
Re: [libelly] Some doubt on Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

U should put this post on the utility group. The shit tzu must b healthy looking, smart n out-going oh n shiny coat. U better choose the smaller 1 cs small can b trained.

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

libelly
Dog Kichi

Oct 18, 2004, 5:22 AM

Post #3 of 18 (2661 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] Some doubt on Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

oh...thanks sydney! i tot shih tzu is under toy group. what kind of doggie will group as utility group?
libelly

Sydney
Doggyman

Oct 18, 2004, 5:38 AM

Post #4 of 18 (2658 views)
Shortcut

dalmation, chow-chow, shnauzhers,shit tzu, standard poodle, keeshondbritish bulldog,lhasa Apso, shar pei n great dane. I think that is probaly half of them. Maggie is fully train rite? She is taught by whom?

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Oct 18, 2004, 7:38 AM

Post #5 of 18 (2652 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi. I visit a pet shop today and i have some doubt here.

1. The owner of the pet shop told me that there a smaller size shih tzu and bigger size shih tzu. Is that true? the price of the smaller size shih tzu is higher than the bigger one. and they dun wan to reduce the prize because they said smaller size shih tzu is hard to breed and find in the market.

2. Besides, I hav some doubt on the hair color of shih tzu. The pet shop owner told me that the darker the brown color on the shih tsu's hair the better they looks when they grow up, coz when the shih tsu grow up, the color on their hair will fade away so is better to have a darker color. is that true?

I am searching for a shih tzu now but I don't have much knowledge on shih tzu, I need some advice from here coz I don't know how true is the words from the pet owner.

I think the pet owner think u r a 'LULU' la Laugh
---------------------------------
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

tgs006
Novice

Oct 18, 2004, 7:53 AM

Post #6 of 18 (2649 views)
Shortcut

The Shih Tzu from Taiwan origin tend to be smaller. As for the price, it is depending on quality and compliance to breed standard.

Colour of Shih Tzu will likely fade as they grow.

stevenzhong
Novice

Mar 5, 2005, 11:07 AM

Post #7 of 18 (2478 views)
Shortcut

hi libelly,

i,m from ipoh!!nice too meet u here and i,m new in this forum and its my 1st time giveing opinion to ppl hope u don mindBlush!!i think the pet shop owner ar right cause i also just bought 2 shih tzu too 1 is male but the size is bigger then the female one.And when i bought the female(in others pet shop) the pets owner say this is the nice breed and is hard to find the small size and when i buy this female the price is more then expensive.(about RM 3-400) i,m 1st time having a paid of shih tzu in same time !!

now my male shih tzu size is double the female one!!Tongue

Then when i bring them to see doctor the doctor say is a nice breed and good dint have any problems!but i worry when there is adult i scared them cant be mating(i tell the doctor), but the doctor say is ok don worry is no problem but its have some hard for the male only, and if the female is small size when her got baby its not many only!but don worry anyway now she is very hyper active n good !!!

hope that all i giving u the info can help u !!!

libelly
Dog Kichi

Mar 8, 2005, 6:09 AM

Post #8 of 18 (2459 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevenzhong] Some doubt on Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

hi steven, glad to see ur message.
i m from ipoh too but currently working in kl. which part of ipoh are u in? u own a pair of shih tsu? so nice...i want to get a female shih tsu but i dont think that is the right time for me...may be few years later 1st...how old is ur pair of shih tsu? i m sure they are very cute and happy.
libelly

king
Novice

Mar 9, 2005, 1:54 AM

Post #9 of 18 (2442 views)
Shortcut

hi there im king, i think the pet shop is right also, cos i breed shih tzu and the color tend to fade when older say about 1 year old, by the way do you want to buy another shih tzu, i have 7 valentine pupps

ijnek
Novice

Mar 10, 2005, 10:59 PM

Post #10 of 18 (2424 views)
Shortcut
Re: [king] Some doubt on Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

shih tzu has 2 sizes because of the different breed sizes from UK and USA. the USA size shih tzus r bigger than the UK 1s. but the size can also b affected by how the pup is breed since young by controlling it's food,confining it in a small space etc.
yes,the colour of shih tzu will fade when the puppy coat changes to adult coat...
my dog's life
www.dogster.com/?103466

libelly
Dog Kichi

Mar 11, 2005, 7:52 AM

Post #11 of 18 (2406 views)
Shortcut

hi king,

i m interested in ur valentine shih tsu...are they borned on 14/2? how many female puppies are with u?

where are u from? may be can go over to ur place to have a look.
libelly

stevenzhong
Novice

Mar 11, 2005, 4:21 PM

Post #12 of 18 (2402 views)
Shortcut

hi, libelly

nice to meet u too i,m from bercham, which part are u from ipoh ??ya i have a paid of shih tzu 1 is my n 1 is my gf 1 but 2 also is take care by me the male 1 is about 5 months , female is about 3 months like that!!

ya there ar very cute n happy!!!ShockedWinkCool

king
Novice

Mar 12, 2005, 8:45 PM

Post #13 of 18 (2377 views)
Shortcut

Advertising contents deleted

(This post was edited by Moderator on Mar 13, 2005, 3:45 AM)

libelly
Dog Kichi

Mar 13, 2005, 7:41 AM

Post #14 of 18 (2366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevenzhong] Some doubt on Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

hi steven,

i m staying in pasir puteh. but i seldom go back one. how nice that u have two cute shih tsus...do u have their pics?
libelly

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 13, 2005, 7:35 PM

Post #15 of 18 (2356 views)
Shortcut

erm... is it the 1st dog u 1 2 buy? y not start by raising a local breeds which are easier to handle & wont cost high vet bills? we also have a spitz here anyway if u dont mind 1 of her paw's fingers were cut off due to accident but already fully recovered. when u 1 2 choose a dog, y not choose a less fortunate one?

Regards,

Yang

stevenzhong
Novice

Mar 14, 2005, 9:23 AM

Post #16 of 18 (2344 views)
Shortcut

hi libelly,

oic u ar from pasir puteh,n u ar seldom come back y ?ya i have their pics?

y ?

u wan ?

i have a new dog agains its silky terrier!!!eheheheh

king
Novice

Mar 14, 2005, 5:56 PM

Post #17 of 18 (2323 views)
Shortcut

got 3 gals and 4 guys,

PUGY
Novice

Mar 15, 2005, 9:23 PM

Post #18 of 18 (2301 views)
Shortcut

Hi...do you mind to give me your email address so that i can contact you?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my