Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Breed Specific: Gundog Group:
Champion Champion may or may not produce champions, non champion and non will never produce champions!

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 16, 2004, 10:58 PM

Post #1 of 19 (3426 views)
Shortcut
     Champion Champion may or may not produce champions, non champion and non will never produce champions!  

This is my reply to LCK Hacienda on the other forum and for Mr. Surchinmy to ponder on the quote!

"Champion titles should carry some indication that the dog carries good conformation standard but may not be perfect. If there is only a single dog in the ring for the breed, the judge will have the right to withdraw the championship points. If a champion dog is bad in standard I cannot imagine a non-champion-pet quality dogs in that particular place would be!!

I agree that we must strive for perfection and not forget the purpose of the breed. In the effort of improving the quality, we must let judges decide whether our breeding is worthy of the crown champion or even grand champ and that is conform to its standard. How would one know he has improve in his breeding if he is not judge ? If one can have many champion dogs, that all in all prove he has succeeded to a good extent in his improvement in breeding. Wouldn't you agree?"

If you deemed me talking rubbish and it was expletive(which I need to open up my oxford for that word) and shock I am a long time dog kaki etc, maybe you should judge me by the breed I am in which is at a different level. I agreed with you about looking for a pair to compliment each other in breeding but in my breed which is the GOLDEN RETRIEVER, the show, field and obedience are way too far out in conformation and standards and if you strive for conformantion and if you could look for one pedigree without a conformation champion title(not that it is everything) in it, I can assure you they will not be able to compete in the ring today especially the Golden ring. And do not misunderstand me, when I speak of Champion breeders, it simply means that these are a bunch of breeders who are striving for conformation for the last god knows how long and are competing aggressively in the rings and therefore garnered their experiences in the art of breeding wonderful show dogs. Just like you and I. I cannot for a second think that a hobby breeder, sits at home and breed for conformation and not once in his life show his breeding specimen, what more winning, that in all just cannot make sense! If he does show, and the dog is worthy, he will be crown! That is why the caption 'Ch & Ch may or may not produce Ch but non Ch & non Ch never produces Ch" came about! That in itself means the bloodlines of the breed that is bred for conformation! And it does not mean the direct sire & dam that are required champions to be able to produce champions but the dog itself comes from many generation of show worthy, good conformation who has records of winning and produces record breakers!! I am sorry if the caption confuses many of you intellectual individuals but Mr. Gopi did said that I have been too general with the quote with the green-horns in this forum! Well, my explanation is that; quote are meant to be simple, you just need to catch the meaning! Otherwise, there will be no fun in each and every quote by the great people! Right??

clangan

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 19, 2004, 3:46 AM

Post #2 of 19 (3374 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [clangan] Champion Champion may or may not produce champions, non champion and non will never produce champions! [In reply to]  

Here goes clangan's golden retriever,

Winning in the MKA All Breed Championship Show held in Seri Kembangan 17 Oct 2004;

Best In Show (Junior), Reserve Best In Group, He-Man at 13 months.

Best Of Breed : He-Man (Sire: Runnymede The Mail Man At Clangan, Dam: Bang Away Blues)

Reserve Best Puppy In Show, Reserve Best Of Breed : Bailey's Kelly (Sire: Dashing Dan, Dam: Honor's Bailey) atr 6 months of age.

Reserve Winner Dog : Mal Champion Absolute Trotter

Reserve Winner bitch: Windy at Clangan.

ricky
Enthusiast

Oct 19, 2004, 9:30 AM

Post #3 of 19 (3359 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [clangan] Champion Champion may or may not produce champions, non champion and non will never produce champions! [In reply to]  

Woh.... 's golden retriever ........so good ah.....dominate the Golden group...Unsure

hahahahahhaha
friendly,
RicKY

chnyuppie
Dog Kichi

Oct 19, 2004, 5:40 PM

Post #4 of 19 (3346 views)
Shortcut

This time did you have to make an objection first before your dog got the title?

(hahaha!)

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Oct 19, 2004, 7:52 PM

Post #5 of 19 (3328 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [ALL] Champion Champion may or may not produce champions, non champion and non will never produce champions! [In reply to]  

I was at SC Plaza about 3 plus and saw two guy walking two hounds. They were wearing suits. Quite young looking. Who are they?
---------------------------------
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 19, 2004, 8:57 PM

Post #6 of 19 (3314 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [ricky] Champion Champion may or may not produce champions, non champion and non will never produce champions! [In reply to]  

Alamak, Ok la, THE BEST GUNDOG GROUP GOES TO A BEAUTIFUL AMERICAN COCKER SPANIEL IMPORTED FROM BRAZIL, OWNED BY HANDSOME BOY RICKY LAI!!!

I did not get your boy's registered name, sorry lor..no show programme with me ma!?!

CLANGAN

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 19, 2004, 8:59 PM

Post #7 of 19 (3312 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [chnyuppie] Champion Champion may or may not produce champions, non champion and non will never produce champions! [In reply to]  

Sorry Yuppie,

I don't get what you mean, I am blur, kena tembak-tembak by you guys too much!!!

clangan

chnyuppie
Dog Kichi

Oct 19, 2004, 9:24 PM

Post #8 of 19 (3305 views)
Shortcut

Nothing lah, I read somewhere here that you had voiced an objection at some penang dog show before yr dog was awarded the winning. So was wondering if the same thing happened last sunday.

Kena tembak-tembak also nice, wat! With pain comes pleasure!

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 19, 2004, 9:34 PM

Post #9 of 19 (3302 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [chnyuppie] Champion Champion may or may not produce champions, non champion and non will never produce champions! [In reply to]  

You are right, pain but nice, hmmm.... SM?

clangan

ricky
Enthusiast

Oct 19, 2004, 9:57 PM

Post #10 of 19 (3293 views)
Shortcut

Just have luck only....not easy to beat your dog...hahahha
friendly,
RicKY

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 20, 2004, 1:32 AM

Post #11 of 19 (3268 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [ricky] Champion Champion may or may not produce champions, non champion and non will never produce champions! [In reply to]  

No la, you have win 4 times in a row!! You have a good dog and he is a well deserving winner!

Clangan

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 20, 2004, 1:36 AM

Post #12 of 19 (3267 views)
Shortcut

Hi Yuppie,

Yes, I remember the dec show in Penang. BTW, my dog only won a reserve. Due respect to the owner of the dog but the complains was lodged towards the judge, she actually put the dog up with a severe undershot jaw, in Golden Retriever or for that matter most of the other breed, it is a disqualification, meaning, it should be excuse from the show ring and the judge put it up for reserve group. This is what a typical bad judge would do!

clangan

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 20, 2004, 2:13 AM

Post #13 of 19 (3262 views)
Shortcut

GOLDEN RETRIEVER RESULTS

221ST MKA ALL BREED CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW 17 OCTOBER 2004, SERI KEMBANGAN.

BEST OF BREED (WINNER DOG-CC) & RESERVE BEST IN GROUP & BEST JUNIOR IN GROUP & BEST IN SHOW JUNIOR

HE MAN (SIRE: RUNNYMEDE THE MAIL MAN AT DAM: BANG AWAY BLUES)

RESERVE BEST OF BREED (WINNER BITCH-CC) & BEST PUPPY IN GROUP & RESERVE BEST PUPPY IN SHOW

BAILEY'S STRAWBERRY DAQUIRI (SIRE: DASHING DAN DAM: HONOR'S ITS ON THE HOUSE)

RESERVE WINNER DOG

MAL CH ABSOLUTE TROTTER (SIRE: ASIAN MAL GRAND CH KELAKYE MEANT FOR DAM: MAL CH SHERITHANS GOLDIE)

RESERVE WINNER BITCH

WINDY AT CLANGAN (SIRE: FAERA'S WALK ON THE WATER DAM:CALUSA WHEN TEH MOOD STRIKES

chnyuppie
Dog Kichi

Oct 20, 2004, 2:37 AM

Post #14 of 19 (3256 views)
Shortcut

Yes-LAH, i read it in another thread where u have posted the same thing.

Hmmm.. so repetitve!

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 20, 2004, 5:03 AM

Post #15 of 19 (3249 views)
Shortcut

This one clearer ma...scare you confuse leh.... after tembak somemore how?

clangan

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 23, 2004, 10:51 PM

Post #16 of 19 (3212 views)
Shortcut

A repeat from the Surchinmy thread....

Ai'yo yo yo... This has brought in the best knights into the round table discussion. I am so proud to be able to put some much brain cells into this sometimes quiet urban story with my caption!

Anyway, soundness, type, temprement..etc..etc... is part and parcel of being 'champion' as I have quoted earlier.... 'Champion' in itself is not meant by the title as it is quoted as a figure of speech and understanding. This quote came from one of the GR news (GRCA-Golden Retriever Club Of America) where a very reputable lady put that quote out but of course she sum it up with whatever you guys have mentioned above and more!

As you all know, the understanding of "champion" is not in itself the title alone, it means so many things....type temprement, conformation, purpose, standards, definition, breeding, politics, negotiations....so on..... My caption was meant for simplicity and it serves a simple guideline to the green guys in this forum, their safest bet in Malaysia is still go back to "champions' breeding" should they want to get something good in conformation and health! A dog that obtain its title has to somehow conform to a certain degree of conformation and its health has to be somewhere there to win, health in this discussion simply means, its hips are good, descended testicles and most of the time scissor bite (lets not go into more complicated health issue, just basics), this is the most basic requirement in the achievement of the title "champion". In our environment here, we have breeders breeding mono dogs, hip problem dogs, undershot.. and all the crap and sells them to the clients quoting champion line, big head, big bone, big everything and by you big knights going into such deep discussions, not many of the greens could understand, they stay at home thinking and hoping that their dogs are gonna be a champion one day..! I get many private e-mails inquiring about their GR, most came with hip problems and some about dogshow and etc... So my advise to them is simple "Champion and Champion may or may not produce champions, non champion and non champion never produce champions" this quote suits that environment at that time and of course to solid breeder like yourself, this is not applicable! If I were to go down in details and discuss about breed standards, show environment, breeding requirements and etc to a new comer, I think I will better start a GR breeding consulting firm! LCK amd Skipper would best understand my quote as I am sure you come across many who ask you the questions I came across and to educate them, it takes a long time, not all are good learner as we had experienced, some after 3 days of listening becomes a self-professed Guru and start banging of them empty barrels! Anyway, enough said, I am proud to bring the gods and generals into this thread! Kudos!

(This post was edited by clangan on Oct 23, 2004, 10:52 PM)

LCK
Dog Kichi

Oct 24, 2004, 5:46 AM

Post #17 of 19 (3196 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [TOPDOG] Champion Champion may or may not produce champions, non champion and non will never produce champions! [In reply to]  

In Reply To
I was at SC Plaza about 3 plus and saw two guy walking two hounds. They were wearing suits. Quite young looking. Who are they?

Hello friend i think this time you really got the wrong forum. Tongue This is a discussion about dogs not a personals ads looking for lam pang yau/ tah poh peng yu. I sincerely hope you are a char boh!!! Unsure

LCK Crazy
Hacienda
Dachshunds of Distinction

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 24, 2004, 10:02 PM

Post #18 of 19 (3184 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [LCK] Champion Champion may or may not produce champions, non champion and non will never produce champions! [In reply to]  

This forum pratices freedom of expreesion...not all wants to go into such in depth discussion like yourself, Skipper, reality dreamer, Surchimy .... as long as no character assisination, threats and bull shit are practiced, we will accept all sorts of discussion lor!! Like how you and I chat at the mamak shop right, uncle LCK???

Clangan

Khoobg
Webmaster

Oct 24, 2004, 10:20 PM

Post #19 of 19 (3179 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [ALL] Champion Champion may or may not produce champions, non champion and non will never produce champions! [In reply to]  

duplicate thread.

Continue the discussion here

http://www.puppy.com.my/...;;page=unread#unread

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my