Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Breed Specific: Gundog Group:
"Champion & champion may or may not procudes champions, non champion & non champions never produces champion!"

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 30, 2004, 12:22 AM

Post #151 of 161 (3103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LCK] ... MKA & breeding ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Agree with LCK ...

In so far as pups & breeding are concerned ... MKA is ONLY a registration authority ... and nothing more than that. So, a breeder with with qualified pedigree pups, can register (together with relevant information) the pups with MKA and receive a certificate with parentage particulars.

MKA is NOT an enforcement authority ...

Some points for consideration:

How trustworthy is the Certificate? ... Well, the Certificate is as trustworthy as the person registering the pups.

The registration process works on an "honour" system. And it is the same around the world. If I am not mistaken, in England and Australia all you need to do is just send in particulars of a litter, and the pups will receive certificates. In India, a person can even register a previously unregistered dog without proof of parentage ...

Just like the RIMV Card for your vehicle ... While we can usually assume that the person named on a RMIV Card is the owner of the vehicle - there is no 100% guarantee that the vehicle is not stolen ... or the RIMV Card is not forged ... etc ...

Should the Certificate promise more? ... From a pragmatic & practical point of view, it is hard to see how MKA can guarantee more accuracy or truthfulness in a MKA Certificate ... especially as more and more people breed, producing more pups for registeration each year. The issue of manpower is already a problem. Are purchasers of pups or the breeders prepared to bear higher cost?

Personally, I believe that precautions are reasonably easy to take ...

Maybe the first thing we have to do is adjust our own mind-set ... to appreciate the correct reasons for acquiring a pup ... And fully appreciate that getting a dog is not the same as buying a "thing" ... a dog is not an inanimate object, it lives ... it breathes ... it thinks ... it loves ... it hurts and suffers ... just like we do ...

And the moment we realise and accept the seriousness of acquiring a dog ... everything else kinda falls into place ...

Once we accept that acquiring a pup is acquiring another "living being" ... we will naturally take the basic precaution of getting to know the breeder from whom we buy the pup, and we will not simply buy from any one or from any pet shop.

*** Check out the thread on what to do when wishing to buy a pedigree pup. Follow the advice and you should not have issue with "false" or "forged" certificate

But as LCK says - the Certificate is also no guarantee of quality of the pup. The quality of a pup lies in the quality of it's bloodlines and not on the mere existence of a certificate.

To establish quality - once again we need to get to know the breeder, the dam & sire ... the bloodlines ... ask for advice and make inquiries.

We would not consider buying a car without a test drive, checking the specifications etc ... or buying a house without checking the title, viewing the house, checking under the toilet seat ... etc ...

Why should we be more careful with a car or a house - than with a pup ... because when we acquire a pup ... we are actually committing ourselves into 10 or more years of a relationship with another "living being", whose welfare we are completely responsible for.

So ... (just my own thought) ... maybe the main problem is not so much with the Certificate or any other certificate - but with our own attitude.

Cheers

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Oct 30, 2004, 12:34 AM)

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Nov 2, 2004, 4:24 AM

Post #152 of 161 (3030 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LCK] [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello! Mr LCK! I refer to the ealier locked thread where I posted about me visiting SC plaza and saw two young looking guys with suite with two hounds and u replied that this is not a personal ad forum and u hope i am a char boh. Remember????

Ok better clarify! I am NOT a CHAR BOH and neither am I gay ler. Just that one of forumner's AVATAR in the thread got wear a suit posing with his dog so I wonder if the two fellows I saw was one of them or not la! Cos I'm just curious 'who is who' in this section only ler. Unsure
---------------------------------
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 4, 2004, 8:35 PM

Post #153 of 161 (2987 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LCK,surchinmy,skipper,Boon] "Champion & champion may or may not procudes champions, non champion & non champions never produces champion!" [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late reply..but I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to answer my question. I really appreciate that..so...THANK YOUSmile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 8, 2004, 8:28 AM

Post #154 of 161 (2935 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer, Boon] "Champion & champion may or may not procudes champions, non champion & non champions never produces champion!" [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

RealityDreamer ... Welcome for sure ... Smile

Boon ... Got replies from our breeder friends in Aust & elsewhere ... and it appears that I am mistaken ...

Our friends tell me that breeding a dog with desired temperament with another dog with desired temperament will increase probability of getting progeny with similar desired temperament ... So, indeed you can seek to double up on temperament as you would with physical/conformation type elements ... Hope this helps.

Cheers

boon
Doggyman

Nov 8, 2004, 5:53 PM

Post #155 of 161 (2920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] "Champion & champion may or may not procudes champions, non champion & non champions never produces champion!" [In reply to] Can't Post

You are my .....

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

colinchin
Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2004, 7:21 PM

Post #156 of 161 (2908 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] "Champion & champion may or may not procudes champions, non champion & non champions never produces champion!" [In reply to] Can't Post

Morning Boon.

boon
Doggyman

Nov 8, 2004, 9:04 PM

Post #157 of 161 (2883 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colinchin] "Champion & champion may or may not procudes champions, non champion & non champions never produces champion!" [In reply to] Can't Post

Afternoon Colin

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

colinchin
Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2004, 10:03 PM

Post #158 of 161 (2872 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] "Champion & champion may or may not procudes champions, non champion & non champions never produces champion!" [In reply to] Can't Post

How's the dogs doing over there ?

boon
Doggyman

Nov 8, 2004, 11:19 PM

Post #159 of 161 (2859 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colinchin] "Champion & champion may or may not procudes champions, non champion & non champions never produces champion!" [In reply to] Can't Post

doing fine....guess being notti is the only goal they have now....Pirate

colinchin
Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2004, 12:59 AM

Post #160 of 161 (2848 views)
Shortcut

What do you intend your dogs to be ?

boon
Doggyman

Nov 9, 2004, 2:53 AM

Post #161 of 161 (2839 views)
Shortcut

They are who they are.....guessed being notti is their trueself.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my