bite bite bite !

drew
ALPHA

Feb 4, 2003, 8:17 AM

Post #1 of 18 (1954 views)
Shortcut
bite bite bite ! Can't Post

Hello,

my silky's getting very very naughty now!! Don't know why but she always attack the other dogs for no reason at all ... for instance, i throw the ball out and all of them go after and as soon as any of them got it first, she'll bite them and the fights begin! another example would be if we lock her in the cage with another dog, and we open the back door(trying to prevent them for going to the back) she'll start barking and attack the dog inside the cage !! Tried muzzled (<--however u spell it) her, tried scolding her, tried spanking her all also don't work !! anyone can help me with this isuue toards my naughty silky?? please???????

please and thanks !

makrawl
Canine Addict

Feb 6, 2003, 10:09 PM

Post #2 of 18 (1929 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drew] bite bite bite ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smilewell, my cousin's MS also having the same problem. he'll "kacau" the younger MS and tries to beating her down. whenever there is a chance. for only 4 months, he even attack my 2 yo ECS. scared my ECS to death till jumped up to my chest to save himself. very very rough. i think we should trained them. like my ECS, for those bad behaviour eg. nipping fingers, i'll slap his mouth (not very hard, just enough to make him shock and stop) and say "NO" (not shouting). repeat and repeat untill one day when he was trying to do that again, i just told him (gently) "No". amazingly, he stops! yeah! i was so happy. since then, i always use this method to stop his others bad habit.

try it, it might work for your dog/s

Mak

drew
ALPHA

Feb 12, 2003, 3:33 AM

Post #3 of 18 (1907 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] bite bite bite ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there makrawl,

thanks for the tips but ... i actually tried that again few days ago and it DIDN'T WORK !! like yesterday, i was carrying my peke and i carried my silky as well.. .and as soon as my peke's on my hand she bite her and swing her head left and right and my peke was screaming her head off and it scared the hell out of me !!! what the hell ... i can't even put my peke down right away to stop it as she was biting her and i was saying NO no no no no no no and she did nto bother about what i said and i end up shouting NO SUKI !! and she stopped then as soon as she's on the floor she run adn hide under the chair as she knows i'm gonna punish her ... i pulled her out right away and used the muzzle on her and told her no again ... then today she end up biting others again ... gosh... i really do not know what to do to her !!

anymore tips that can help out ??

thanks

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Feb 12, 2003, 9:05 AM

Post #4 of 18 (1901 views)
Shortcut

hahahaha... she must be a very cute dog uh? i guess she is jeolous lah.. some more both of your dogs same sex : female right?

may be u try water gun, whenever she try to bite or fight with others.. squirting her til she stop the bad habit..don't punish her la or muzzle or whatever.. i think it doesnt help much one.. only temporary..

i think i read somewhere female hormones can boost maternal aggression, when times hormonal increase, your dog will be more aggressive or irritable than before.. neutering can reduce the prob. but i dont think u willing to let your dog suffer..

may be i just suggest in this times, u should spent more time with her or feed her first to reduce her 'stress' or jeolousy or whatever..
Frown Frown Visit My Blogs!! http://peonythestormrider.blogspot.com/
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.comFrownFrown

drew
ALPHA

Feb 13, 2003, 12:45 AM

Post #5 of 18 (1892 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shyeow2] bite bite bite ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey there shirley,

thanks for the tips but i erally do not think it's about the hormonal increase that make her so aggressive now ... she ahd been like that for almost everyday ... and her heat is over already ... and yes, of course i don't wanna see her suffer by neutering her ... Frown

i also do not think it might be jealousy ... cause she always gets the most petting from me and my mum as she's jsut so manja that she follow us anywhere and as soon as we sit down she'll roll over and ask us to belly rub her ...

but i think i should try your tips that i should feed her first and so on ... but not water gun ... she loves water like my peke ... :p she'll en dup playing with it rather than afraid !!!

thanks

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Feb 13, 2003, 7:10 AM

Post #6 of 18 (1887 views)
Shortcut

wow..she don't scare water kerr?? then i think bath her is only easy job for u uh??Wink jojo very scare of water.. everytimes after rain the grass wet then she dont want to poo poo..Pirate

anyway.. wish someone more experiences provide more tips..hope your prob. sooner will solve.Smile

drew
ALPHA

Feb 13, 2003, 7:22 AM

Post #7 of 18 (1884 views)
Shortcut

hello shirley,

haiyo ... you should see my peke .. even worse ... ask her go for shower .. she run into the toilet and stand there waiting for you to shower her ... raining even worse, once we forgot to close the glass door properly and it was raining, and she actually ran out and play with the rain running around and jumping and whatever and end up totally wet and i got to blow dry her !!! my silky actually scared a bit only ... she even went for swim before in Port Dickson that is why she doesn't afraid of water much at all ... where as my femal MS afraid of water ... but she swim too ... jsut doesn't like to have her shower !!!!!!!!

well, i actually do hope some experts out there would help me out !!!!!!!!!! pleaseeeeeeeee
actually you're an expert as well .. we actually should meet one day shirley ... wanna see JoJo ... i live in sunway also ... so very eay to meet only !! =)

please some 1 help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
thanks

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Feb 13, 2003, 8:14 PM

Post #8 of 18 (1877 views)
Shortcut

aiyo-yooo.. how i wish jojo can luv water.. because my very best hobby is swimming u know..? hehehehe... got any tips train dog luv water?Tongue

hey drew, i just shift to putra height la.. but still wish one day can see some of your cute doggie.. lolCool

drew
ALPHA

Feb 14, 2003, 4:18 AM

Post #9 of 18 (1863 views)
Shortcut

hi shirley,

hrmmmmm ... i also don't know why on earth they love water so much !!! i think it must be the owner bath them regularly when they're young and they're used to it and enjoy it ??? well, i really do not know how to make them love water !!??! hehee

wah ... you moved to putra heights ar??? woooo... when you come to sunway bring your jojo o.k. ... then we meet at the park and you can see my doggies lor and i also can see your jojo ... =)

AjaSage
Novice

Feb 20, 2003, 12:54 PM

Post #10 of 18 (1845 views)
Shortcut

She’s a TERRIER! It’s in her nature. . . it sounds to me like she’s territorial and dog aggressive. (guarding toys, not wanting the other dogs too close to her, etc.) This may not be something that can be corrected unless you intend on keeping her on a leash while in the home and closely supervising. You have to remember what terriers were bred for. . .she’s just being a dog. You’ve got yourself a healthy, spirited dog. She wouldn’t be much of a terrier if she wasn’t the way she is!

Now, I do train dogs, so I know that you can have control over her. The question is- to what extent are you willing to take it? Are you willing to keep your eye on her 24/7 when she’s around other dogs and crate her when you can’t watch her? Are you willing to keep a leash on her while you’re watching her and give a correction as soon as a fight begins? Because that’s what it will take in the home. Honestly, I would suggest that you train her so that you have the control needed for her to act like a “lady” in public, and simply keep her separated from the other dogs at home. It sounds to me like she would like to have the run of the house by herself, anyway- she, and the other dog(s) would be much happier.

I own two APBTs who got along alright for the first six months they were together. Now, APBTs are not only Terriers, but were bred for dog fighting for so many years that even though my dogs have never been fought, it is still in their nature. They actually like it. . . and when one would break out between my dogs, it would take two people and the force of GOD to get them apart. Now, this is obviously more extreme than what you’re going through. . .but, needless to say, my dogs remain permanently separated from each other to this day. They don’t have contact with each other or any other dogs.

Honestly, they LOVE being apart. They get individual time with “mommy,” they get to play with whatever toys they want, and they get complete run of the house. If this is not something that you’re willing or able to do, here are a few things I would do to prevent fights before they were separated:
  1. Put all play toys and treats away. Let them play with toys only when one dog is out, or only when dogs are out that will not fight with each other over the toys.
  2. KEEP your eyes on them. Do not walk out of the room to even go to the bathroom without having the aggressive dog with you so you can be sure nothing will happen.
  3. No running, barking, or yelling in the house. . .these are all easy fight starters
  4. Crate them when you’re not home or when you can’t watch their every little move ;)
  5. Watch for signs of what starts the fights. Once you learn what starts them, do your best to keep THOSE things from happening. Once you do this, you’ll have MUCH less fights. . .guaranteed.
Hope this helps. I know it can be horrible going through stuff like this.

-AjaSage

Good Sites:
www.americanstaffordshireterrier2002.org
www.wpbtca.com
www.workbulldog.com

drew
ALPHA

Feb 21, 2003, 5:02 AM

Post #11 of 18 (1836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AjaSage] bite bite bite ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there ajasage,

first of all, thanks for the tips ...

my silky isn't that aggressive yet i suppose ... she doesn't guard her toys and let other dogs go near her ... where as my peke does that though .. when she's playing with it and either of the dogs or me go near her trying to get it away from her, first she growls then she'll start trying to bite you if your hand goes nearer to the toy... same thing goes to her toys ... but she palys peacfully with other dogs as well...

my silky only tends to bite when:-
1. you put her in the cage first then put the other one in next ..
2. carrying her and another dog at the same time(happened once) she was swinging her head when biting my peke and my peke was screaming her head off and it scared the hell out of me !!
3. someone else runs out of the house faster than her.
4. in the cage with other dogs, and when someone comes, she gets tooo excited and she'll bite.

normally, when we see them going to run out at the same time we will call her right away and say no to her and she won't bite them ... but the cage one ... it's hard so we put a muzzle on her when we locked all the dogs in the cage ...

she doesn't tend to fight like who other dogs that i've seen fighting that they actually bleed or something like that ... my silky just tend to bite them and that's it ... she paly with them normally ... there's all these toys on the floor an all 4 of them will choose the same toy and paly with it together ... or trying to snatch it over at one time ... sometimes, she's just so nice to the others and plays with them and enjoys going out for walk with them ...

all 4 of my dogs get LOVE from me and my mom everyday ... we spend out time playing with them, taking them out for walk... and now since my air cond broke down, i sleep with them downstairs and they actually jumped up on the sofa and sleep with me ...

anyways, thanks for the help and hope to hear more from you about my silky !!! thank you sooo much ! =)

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 21, 2003, 6:17 AM

Post #12 of 18 (1834 views)
Shortcut

hi there! after reading your post up... i guess we can conclude that Silky is like that! guess what, my Jaz (Aust Silky Terrier) acts that way too... you can ask anyone who attended the Penang MKA class on every Sunday, she's just so unfriendly... we had a hard time trying to get her to mix around.. even till now,having pass her CGC test, she still barks at other dogs.. she just cannot blend in and play around..

When we take her out on beach outing, even off leash, she will never run about like other dogs... she will just stay right besides me and will NEVER allow me to touch or play around with other dogs. Either she will snap at the other dog or snap at me! she will not allow other dogs to play with her toys as well or eat her food! However, when i took jaz home, the breeder did told me that terrier are very very loyal... they would stay besides thier master all the time.. and she would really follow me around at home... i guess that's just being a Silky Terrier :)

drew
ALPHA

Feb 21, 2003, 6:50 AM

Post #13 of 18 (1833 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] bite bite bite ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there jaz,

yes.. silky terriers are loyal .. she follows me everywhere i go ... and when i sit on the sofa or soemthing she'll eaither sit under the sofa or jump up and sit beside me and expect me to belly rub her !! since now i'm sleeping downstairs with them, she often jumps up and sleep with me eventhough there isn't any space for her at all and also i don't think she's comfortable sleeping there at all cause not enough space but still she sleeps there ...

she loves mixing around with other dogs but ... took her to gathering and she run around and paly with other dogs and not even reacting to our calling at all !!! naughty silky !

took my silky to PD once and she run in the and swim like my other 3 though ... go check the pics out in the photo gallery !! i post up some pics of them in the bveach ...

anyways, gotta run now to do my homework ... take cares and hope to hear from ya soon

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 21, 2003, 4:17 PM

Post #14 of 18 (1822 views)
Shortcut

Hi there! Also to add, every morning once the alarm clock rings, she'll rush into my room like mad and start jumping and even *kiss* me and my sister and lick all around our face to wake us up!!! we then have to do our routine job which is to scrub her belly before she would resume normal again! ha! ha!

drew
ALPHA

Feb 22, 2003, 4:37 AM

Post #15 of 18 (1807 views)
Shortcut

hi jaz,

well, my dogs are nto allow to go upstairs as they actually created havoc to us ocne ... now we blocked the stair case so they can't come up ... but what they normally do is, when they hear someone open the door or coming down .. they'll get so excited ... and you should see my silky... before you even reach down, she already turned herself over to ask u belly rub her !! can u believe it ??! ahahaaa

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 23, 2003, 11:32 PM

Post #16 of 18 (1791 views)
Shortcut

Yeah! i can imagine! just like my Jaz, once i open up my bedroom, she'll skip over and straight away lie down on the floor with her for paws up on the sky waiting for me to rub her belly so that her hind legs can go shaking! ha! ha! i've never seen any dogs as loyal and faithful as silky!

drew
ALPHA

Feb 24, 2003, 3:04 AM

Post #17 of 18 (1789 views)
Shortcut

hahahhaaa, one thing that i think we can conclude about silky terriers are ---> they love belly rub !!! but one thing about my silky is she's tooooo friendly !!! wagging her tail whenever she sees anyone ...

and you should see what happened today ... she was standing one the left and my MS was standing on the right and all of a sudden she jsut run towards to my MS and started to attack him and my MS end up running away from her and i got to stop her from going after him ... hrmmm ....

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Mar 27, 2003, 12:07 AM

Post #18 of 18 (1738 views)
Shortcut

hey drew, after I know that your pup luv water, i try to train jojo not so scare of water too..because she always scream until whole kampong know she needs to take shower everytimes..Crazy

u know what i do? i so bad, the other 2 days heavy rain i play fetch with her, i throw the toy into the place that flooded. once she go out under the rain to fetch, she run back to me before reaching the toy, and i shout FETCH JOJO again! then she try to go out again..before reaching the toy, she run back again~Unsure

she came back to me few times before she manage to get the toy in the beginning but slowly i guess she enjoy it too.. very fun uh!?

Your prob. solve yet??

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my