First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dogslover
Canine Addict

Oct 7, 2004, 7:47 PM

Post #1 of 46 (3466 views)
Shortcut
Any G.R fans thr?i own a new G.R.... Can't Post

Hi to all.....

1st i would like to tell u all tht i hav a new G.R puppy.It ws only six week..if u all hav any G.R puppy u all can jst cht in here.

Ermm any guide to train my G.R puppy?i 1 my puppy bcme mre clever so tht it wnt b so laZ like my dogs in my hs....

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Oct 12, 2004, 5:39 PM

Post #2 of 46 (3422 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dogslover] Any G.R fans thr?i own a new G.R.... [In reply to] Can't Post

six weeks ah? so young. anyway for this one go easy on him/her lah. she is probably scared now. i got my puppy when she was almost 8 weeks. first few days i let around. no training just house breaking. once she is is 7 weeks or so, start training her on who is boss (which is you). be gentle but firm ok.

get a good raising a puppy book. that would be very good to assist you. but right now, don't bring her out of the house. she should be getting her 1st jab when she is 8 weeks..then a second jab in a 3- 4 weeks from the first one...

just be gentle lah..if training is correct and things like that..u would never find another dog worth than a loyal GR:)

kathleen.tay
Canine Addict

Oct 13, 2004, 2:47 AM

Post #3 of 46 (3390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] Any G.R fans thr?i own a new G.R.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

Strongly agree with you .... my GR is turning 1 yrs old next month and her name is Angel. She is so sweet and a real Angel !

You can train them sit , hand , stay , call with no problems at all ... believe me. Thay really love to please ppl and will do anything just to get your hug and kisses ...WinkWink
A Dog Never Lies About Love

axist3
Novice

Oct 13, 2004, 11:29 PM

Post #4 of 46 (3365 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kathleen.tay] Any G.R fans thr?i own a new G.R.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

I am also a G.R fan! I think my GR pup is nearly 8 weeks now too....he's a very active pup...

Take a lot of pics of him! He'll grow up very fast...

Anyway..glad to have u in the club!

Kelvin & Toby

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Oct 14, 2004, 9:00 PM

Post #5 of 46 (3336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [axist3] Any G.R fans thr?i own a new G.R.... [In reply to] Can't Post

hey axist,

ur pup looks adorable..i am already missing the moments Roxy has this big head and tiny body..so funny and always so clumsy..she is growing fast and is more teenage looking..very active still..

she is 11 weeks and 3 days now. kathleen, yes u r right, they will do almost anything to please the owner.but sometimes i think my Roxy is testing my authority and patience. of course being consistent is the key here.

Sydney
Doggyman

Oct 17, 2004, 12:03 AM

Post #6 of 46 (3316 views)
Shortcut

SlyWell, i m ur trainning dog guide trainer. What u want 2 say 2 me about trainning? I m a master of trainning.Smile

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Oct 17, 2004, 11:53 AM

Post #7 of 46 (3312 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] Any G.R fans thr?i own a new G.R.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
SlyWell, i m ur trainning dog guide trainer. What u want 2 say 2 me about trainning? I m a master of trainning.Smile

sure or not ? CrazyCrazyCrazy

how old r u again? TongueTongueTongueTongue
---------------------------------
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

sportyfuan
Dog Kichi

Oct 18, 2004, 6:18 AM

Post #8 of 46 (3299 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kathleen.tay] Any G.R fans thr?i own a new G.R.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

my GR is already 4 months old. i never cage her but just let her run around inside and outside the house. i understand that every GR is born natural swimmer. m kinda having headache here that my GR just loves water and the only place she hangs around is the bathroomCrazy. i will have to clean n clean the floor each time she walks wif water dripping. do u have any idea how to solve this?Blush

Thanks.Sly

Ballistic

Oct 20, 2004, 1:57 AM

Post #9 of 46 (3279 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sportyfuan] Any G.R fans thr?i own a new G.R.... [In reply to] Can't Post

OH the joy of GR puppies Wink so cute lah!!!

we should have a GR get together ah... one day lah ok Sly

- A dog is for life, not just for Christmas -

dogslover
Canine Addict

Oct 20, 2004, 6:47 PM

Post #10 of 46 (3269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] Any G.R fans thr?i own a new G.R.... [In reply to] Can't Post

cool..........so hw cn i train my dogs to stop playing......like water.....

dogslover
Canine Addict

Oct 20, 2004, 6:49 PM

Post #11 of 46 (3269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] Any G.R fans thr?i own a new G.R.... [In reply to] Can't Post

oic....anyway thx a lot r....hy how many dogs do u own????

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Oct 20, 2004, 9:17 PM

Post #12 of 46 (3263 views)
Shortcut

hi,

GR are natural swimmers, so can't do much about the water part lah. my GR loves putting her paws in her drinking water bowl, so i place a mat under the water bowl, at least when she steps out of it, its not so wet on the floor.

my condo pool is divided into adult & children. they place a divider in the middle of both so my GR loves walking on this divider, the water is only about 5 cm deep on the divider lah..headache i tell u. but i let her do it when no one is around..ssssshhhhhhhh.

we own only 1 dog at the moment, that is my Roxy, golden retriever. i used live with someone with a border collie named Kelsey lah.

my hubby has lived with an american eskimo, newfie dog, beagles, a mutt sharpei he called wrinkles (so true) and a doberman..

kathleen.tay
Canine Addict

Oct 21, 2004, 3:50 AM

Post #13 of 46 (3251 views)
Shortcut

Hi !

GR especially are water freak ! Its ok for them to get wet but make sure you have to dry them up properly after that ! My GR too , will like and love to visit the bathroom WinkWink and the worst part they will walk all over the house and leave stains.... so I guesss the only way is close the Bathroom door ! hahah.... my GR worst still when I wash the floor outside she will walk in the drain and do her crawling act .... so I will let her enjoy herself once a week and straight after that give her a bath ! Imagine her face, she will give me that kind of look ... haha its like 'You ah ... why everytime must catch me to bath and blow my fur ? ' haha

Well... whatever, I still love her so much and one more thing she is very happy to see herself in the mirror and will keep wagging her tail ...Tongue
A Dog Never Lies About Love

sportyfuan
Dog Kichi

Oct 26, 2004, 7:02 AM

Post #14 of 46 (3236 views)
Shortcut

hi there!Blush

yeah... really really enjoy water even when she wants to drink water, she'll soak her whole head into the bowl n drink..geez...Crazy

same like ur case, leaving stains, walking around with water dripping. now even worse... she'll purposely go to the bathroom to steal the scoop with water, then carry it outside n pour the water all over the place, 'pappppp' ,lie down on the puddle of water like a hero or sometimes will come up to my bed to lie down causing my bed so wet!Unsure so i end up being a maid for a pup.

this is the 1st time i own a GR, learned that they are good swimmers through some books before n didn't know tat they really really do fancy water so much until this extentTongue. but one thing damn fun is we wont have the problem of catching them for a bath since they love water so much.Cool

yeah.. ther's another thing also--i consulted the vet about this crazy habit n he told me that it is a must to dry them up after they get wet like what u just advised, otherwise it'll cause them some skin problems. most important is their ears.

sweesan
Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2004, 10:44 AM

Post #15 of 46 (3217 views)
Shortcut

i got my dog when he's 5 weeks only ... SO ADORABLE..

now he's going to be 1 year old already - next nov 15...

goldens are the most adorable when puppies.. and most charming when they grow ...

be sure to take alot of pictures.. they grow very very fast...

Hugo's Collection Laugh

Hugo's Collection II
Laugh

My site

beyond

Oct 31, 2004, 5:31 PM

Post #16 of 46 (3214 views)
Shortcut

Hahahah

Mine also like to go tour the toilet wan..Kekekekek

dogslover
Canine Addict

Nov 1, 2004, 4:42 AM

Post #17 of 46 (3198 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweesan] Any G.R fans thr?i own a new G.R.... [In reply to] Can't Post

mine 1 is so cute too....bt dt knw y she like to pee and poo everywhr.....ar...everyday my job is too clean their pee n poo only....

beyond

Nov 1, 2004, 6:15 AM

Post #18 of 46 (3194 views)
Shortcut

U must make sure that she pee and poo at designated areas..Like mine..Ben will only pee and poo in the garden..But 'accidents' do occurs..Smile

dogslover
Canine Addict

Nov 1, 2004, 5:20 PM

Post #19 of 46 (3185 views)
Shortcut
Re: [beyond] Any G.R fans thr?i own a new G.R.... [In reply to] Can't Post

ya...but smetme she really like to ply water...i had no idea wth it...and it also hav the sme skin problem wth u......was it serious?

beyond

Nov 1, 2004, 7:26 PM

Post #20 of 46 (3178 views)
Shortcut

So far..Ben's skin is not red..And he doenst really scratch himself much..But I take precautions by giving him

1. selsun bath (the brand intended for dogs)

2. NutriCoat

dogslover
Canine Addict

Nov 2, 2004, 6:58 AM

Post #21 of 46 (3160 views)
Shortcut

pls stop using nutricoat.....cz breeder told me tht a pup shu not use unless it is grow till 6 month

beyond

Nov 2, 2004, 1:57 PM

Post #22 of 46 (3156 views)
Shortcut

WEll...I m using it under the vet's advice..

dogslover
Canine Addict

Nov 3, 2004, 12:58 AM

Post #23 of 46 (3133 views)
Shortcut

oic...then jx keep using lar

virtualblue
Novice

Nov 3, 2004, 10:24 PM

Post #24 of 46 (3116 views)
Shortcut

Hello there! So I guess your GR has grown quite a lot over this 1 month period? Mine is about 5 months old, the name's Riley and yes, I read someone posting and said how fast they grow. Totally agreed with him/her that you should take more pictures. Smile

beyond

Nov 4, 2004, 12:08 AM

Post #25 of 46 (3106 views)
Shortcut
Re: [virtualblue] Any G.R fans thr?i own a new G.R.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Take every week..ANd u ll notice the difference..

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my