Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
Never surrender your dog!!

goldilock
Enthusiast

Oct 5, 2004, 11:17 AM

Post #1 of 21 (6343 views)
Shortcut
Never surrender your dog!! Can't Post

Let Me tell u my true story...Recently...just a month ago,i had surrender my dog to Ipoh Garden Vet Clinic coz my house had 5 dogs and i receive warning from MBI to reduce num of my dog,....so i got no where and no choice to put my dog so i decided to surrender my dog to Ipoh Garden Vet Clinic hope that one day got people will adopt him. He just a puppy (5 -6 months) . Before that i heard rumours that the Ipoh Garden Vet Clinic will put your dog into sleep if no one adopt him for 2-3 weeks. Somemore my mother's friend also had this experience,she surrender her dog for 4-5 days to that Ipoh Garden Vet Clinic and she took her dog back becos she cant let it go ....when she brought her dog to home she felt something wrong ...she saw that her dog always sleepy...after 2-3 days later her dog died.Then she return to that clinic ask the doctor ,he said her dog got healthy problem and he give her dog injection to die becos he said if wanna to cure the dog it's use money.That is the reason he gave my mother's friend . I dont believe that coz that clinic is quite famous in Ipoh. I thought that it wont be so cruel cos they're veterinary.They are human being.But as precautions after i surrender my dog and paid for RM100 for surrender fees, i got remind the the doctor and the workers there to call me as soon as possible if my dog got any problem whether he is sick or got people adopt him and i've told him not to kill my dog whatever happens must call me first ...i purposely leave 2 hp nums in case he cant call me.Before i surrender, the doctor have check my dog condition and he said my dog was healthy and no problem . After a week i visited my dog,he still there and he looks healthy.And again,i remind the The Doctor to call me if anything happen to my dog.He said ok!!! But after 3 weeks,i go and visit,to check out how is my dog...but the in The Vetsaid my dog has died becos of sickness.When i heard it i really cant hold my tears i cried so sadly...i've ask him y dun call me ?!! He seems to give me stupid reason and said that i cant blame him.....oh my godness!!! He decided to KILL my little puppy becos he think he dont want my dog to waste money and place!! He said my dog died becos he was sick....how can i believe that?!! my puppies at home who same birth with him ..all are so healthy. And i only surrender him for 3 week then he died becoz of sickness?!!!! what a joke!!! i cried for few days becos i really cant forgive myself why i didnt believe that rumours and it's me to cause my dog died so badly.It's seems like me who give RM100 to The Vetto kill my dog!! Here i really would like to let people know that if u love your dogs ,plz dont ever surrender them to any pets center especially the Ipoh Garden Vet Clinic .I'm sure all of these center will only know how to collect money and they will only keep your dogs alive not more than a month if no one adopt. Please Never give up your dogs.Dogs are indeed man's best friend.

`*:·.Gö|d!lôck§.·:*´

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Oct 5, 2004, 12:03 PM

Post #2 of 21 (6336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goldilock] Never surrender your dog!! [In reply to] Can't Post

No one asked you to send your dog to the vet so please stop blaming the vet. Please note that "surrender" means "give up" which means that you had given up your rights to the dog - that means that you are in no position to complain about what happened to the dog subsequently. You said that you'd heard rumours about the vet yet you still sent your dog to the vet rather than to the SPCA or made other arrangements.

Did you check the Ipoh Council's rules about the number of dogs you can keep or did you just take the word of the enforcement officers and get rid of your dog? If you don't check the law properly and act in haste, you cannot blame others like the vet for the results of YOUR actions. Most councils will tell people that they can only have a certain number of dogs and they rely on the stupidity of people not to check the council statutes properly. You only have to ask the enforcement officers where in the council statute it specifies the number of dogs you are allowed to keep and ask them to show it to you. Is that so hard?

Lastly, if you had neutered your dogs, you would not have ended up with so many dogs in the first place. The death of the dog is entirely as a result of your irresponsibilty as a dog owner. I feel sorry for your dogs but I have no sympathy for you.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

goldilock
Enthusiast

Oct 5, 2004, 12:48 PM

Post #3 of 21 (6328 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] Never surrender your dog!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Gus-Gus...i know what surrender mean la....i'm very regret to surrender my dog to that Ipoh Garden Vet Clinic that's why i posted my story here to tell other people NEVER SURRENDER OR GIVE UP YOUR DOG!! didnt u see what i've wrote? u think i post my story just to blame the vet?

i know the death of my dog is my responsibility....so that' why i cried every time i think of him..i feel so guilty u know my feeling? but didnt the vet (The Vet Jit Aik) also have to be blame too? he is a vet... u know what is a vet should do? receive money from people and kill people dog? is this his job?

i tell u i trusted this clinic becos it's famous in ipoh...i'm sure all pet lovers in ipoh know this clinic ...and that time i really got no choice...u know the my neighbour is stupid damn muslim...he hates my dogs so much that he throw stones and splash water to my dogs every day!!! and he went to MBI and complaint about my dogs every day...the officer went to my house and told us that he doesnt want to come but no choice cos my damn neighbour had complaint it to his senior officer so he had to take action...the officer was at my side..he had scold my neighbour for coming every day to complaint...but the officer cant do anything becos of the law...one home only can keep 2 dogs. U think i didnt make my effort to go to MBI and discuss about it? here is malaysia..it's malay people place...i'm chinese and not rich...that's nothing i can do.... U know how much i love my dog?

i surrender my dog and paid the vet RM100 for what? i hope someone will adopt my dog....not paid for the vet to kill him in just 2-3 weeks!!

now i own 4 dogs...u know what is my solution to keep the dogs? i had to rent a house just to keep my dogs.what else can i do? i'm just 20 years old..still a student..i had to give my pocket money to rent a house for my dogs.

if u were me GUS-Gus...will u do that?

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Oct 5, 2004, 11:49 PM

Post #4 of 21 (6314 views)
Shortcut

I HAVE been in your situation - I had 4 dogs, challenged the council who tried to get rid of my dogs and they backed down. Perhaps you should read my post on in this section of the forum of Dogs' Rights & Protection.

I have no sympathy for you at all - you never actually asked the council to show you the council by-law that gives them the right to limit the number of dogs you are allowed to keep. It would certainly be cheaper to get a copy of the council by-laws and reading through it than renting a house to keep your dogs.

As to your comment about hating your muslim neighbours, I wonder if they can't help but sense your animosity towards them and they are manipulating your stupidity in their favour.

You have, on more than one occasion made anti- Muslim remarks on this forum which I find offensive. I am not Muslim. I know several Muslims who keep dogs and are constantly actively working to improve the conditions of ALL animals. For your information, the Patron of the SPCA Selangor is a Muslim lady who keeps 2 dogs whom she personally looks after - feeding as well as bathing them and taking them to the vet when required. This lady is the sister of Tun Siti Hasmah.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Oct 6, 2004, 1:06 AM

Post #5 of 21 (6308 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I HAVE been in your situation - I had 4 dogs, challenged the council who tried to get rid of my dogs and they backed down. Perhaps you should read my post on in this section of the forum of Dogs' Rights & Protection. I have faced a dogcatcher with a shot gun

I have no sympathy for you at all - you never actually asked the council to show you the council by-law that gives them the right to limit the number of dogs you are allowed to keep. It would certainly be cheaper to get a copy of the council by-laws and reading through it carefully than renting a house to keep your dogs. And get your dogs spayed/ neutered before you have to rent more houses.

As to your comment about hating your muslim neighbours, I wonder if they can't help but sense your animosity towards them and they are manipulating your attitude in their favour. Calling them "stupid damn Muslims" can hardly help your cause when undoubtedly your remarks being repeated to the senior officer at MBI on a daily basis.

You have, on more than one occasion made anti- Muslim remarks on this forum which I find offensive. I am not Muslim. I know several Muslims who keep dogs and are constantly actively working to improve the conditions of ALL animals. For your information, the Patron of the SPCA Selangor is a Muslim lady who keeps 2 dogs. This lady is Datuk Paduka Saleha Mohd Ali and is the sister of Tun Siti Hasmah. Perhaps you should bear this in mind before you go spouting off on your anti-Muslim sentiments.

I edited my earlier post.

goldilock
Enthusiast

Oct 6, 2004, 11:40 AM

Post #6 of 21 (6299 views)
Shortcut

what u mean by the coucil by law?what is that?

i've been to the city council office but the officers there seems very straight they never give me chance to say anything they just said 'tak boleh tak boleh satu rumah hanya dua anjing' what else that i can say........?

can u tell me how u ovecome your situation?how to get the council law?the law there didnt written that one home can keep 2 dogs?

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Oct 6, 2004, 12:08 PM

Post #7 of 21 (6298 views)
Shortcut

Have you bothered to search for my post under "Dogs' Rights & Protection"? My course of action is clearly stated there. Rather than sitting there and expecting to be spoon fed - perhaps you should stop complaining and help yourself.

goldilock
Enthusiast

Oct 7, 2004, 10:29 AM

Post #8 of 21 (6281 views)
Shortcut

MR/MS GUS_GUS.... does it bothered u so much to tell me what is that law that u meant ? does it take u so much time? or u just being arrogant.

i dun think your step can work cos if like that everyone in malaysia also can keep more than 2 dogs at home if only just go to the city council and ask for that so called 'law' that u mentioned...........if like that then the officer has no authority to summon people who keep more than 2 dogs at home la!!! if everyone go to the city council like U ask for tht stuff then the officer will be very BUSY!!

i'm sure every city council in malaysia has the law that restricted max 2 dogs per home. plz open your eyes too see at this website http://www.mbsa.gov.my/eps/lesen/gp_anjing.htm carefully here it stated that every premise limited to keep MAX TWO DOGS ONLY!!!

i dunno how u can keep your 4 dogs legally....maybe you're livin in bungalow ...maybe u corrupt the officer who knows!!!

i tell u...even the SPCA tell me that i got no choice and the only choice is to rent a house if i wan to keep my dogs!!! u said i'm expecting spoon feed ?? what a joke...Sly

Come on,ask the people out there how many of them can keep more than 2 dogs at home legally......i think JUST U GUS_GUS has this 'special' privillage.

Thus...I'm really interested to know why u got this 'special' privillage.

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Oct 8, 2004, 12:19 AM

Post #9 of 21 (6263 views)
Shortcut

You obviously have not bothered to read my post properly. Instead you make accusations of corruption against me. You are very good at making sweeping statements and being rude rather than to take steps to help yourself. And, you accuse me of being arrogant.

Local council by-laws are a set of rules and regulations for residents of a local municipality. Just like a set of rules and regulations of club membership. All because the local council says you cannot do something, it does not mean it is the law if it hasn't be gazetted - MADE the law. So, you need to get hold of a copy of your local council by-laws and read to through to make sure that it is legally stated that the council can limit the number of dogs a household can keep AND that they have specified the number of dogs. If a law has not been gazetted, it cannot appear in the council by-laws. The by-laws will refer to the the provision in the local council act and will have subsections. Make sure you get a real copy of the council by-laws and not some piece of paper with council information on it that a council officer will show you as "the law". You are a tax-payer and are entitled to a copy of the council by-laws.

As I mentioned in my post, the council relies on the stupidity of people to force them to give up their dogs - the law limiting the number of dogs in a household and specifying the number of dogs MAY NOT exist in your local council - all you have to do is check the local council by-laws. If you are wondering where to get it, go to your local council and ask for a copy of it.

The website of each local council can say whatever the council wants - they don't have to tell you the law - just what they want you to think is the law.

Goldilocks - you have, in the course of this forum been racist and made a slew of offensive comments. If you think that is smart, you are a sad misuse of intelligence. You seem to believe that if you make accusations and foul comments the world will bend back to help you. Let me assure you that it will not. Your arrogance has already cost you the life of a dog - WHICH DID NOT HAPPEN WITH IT'S DEATH AT THE VET'S - but when you failed to spay/ neuter the parents in the first place. You have been posed the question of spaying/ neutering by several forum members but you have ducked the issue. Also, by your attitude to your neighbours and your local council. You call your neighbours "stupid damn Muslims" and say your neighbours are "dog-hating Muslims" - with that in your mind, you must surely have realised that they would all be waiting for you to "slip up" with your dogs and you did - by letting your dogs breed indiscriminately. No wonder they seized the opportunity to "teach you a lesson".

Goldilocks - such an appropriate nick, the main character in a fairy tale about an arrogant little girl who forces a household of bears to conform to her insular version of comfort, spoiling their home in the process only to walk away in the aftermath of her destruction.

You have chosen to attack anyone who does not fall in line with your thinking - not just on this post but in the other posts you have participated in. I offered you some advice as to how to overcome your difficulties with your other dogs but rather than acting on my information to help yourself, you choose to accuse me of criminal acts and of being a liar.

Perhaps it has escaped your notice but no one else has offered you any help - not even to adopt your dogs despite your post in the "Adoption" section.

You are obviously beyond help and advice, to quote you from the Park Sign post "don't know and don't want to know". You have already seen the results of your arrogance but the pity is that your dogs suffer for it.

terryf

Oct 8, 2004, 12:46 AM

Post #10 of 21 (6257 views)
Shortcut

Gus,

Do you know is the dog allowed at Town House ?
MKA ask me go to local authories to get a copy of kennel law, yet have time to do it.

TF

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Oct 8, 2004, 3:01 AM

Post #11 of 21 (6254 views)
Shortcut
Re: [terryf] Never surrender your dog!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Terryf, sorry, no idea - you have to find out from your local council.

giisaac
New User

Oct 8, 2004, 7:31 AM

Post #12 of 21 (6230 views)
Shortcut

HUh, what a big accusation u had made! I am really angry, nevertheless, sympathy to u and your dog, u would be forgave! This is not the first time I been accussed!

Really thanks to Lisa that phone told me about this matter.

I am not here to argue with you (goldilock) but just to tell you, you are still lucky to make this accusation toward me. Think of what u have told me and said to me while you with your boyfriend in the clinic. There were many other clients with us that day too. Are you able to face your god without regret and can stand firmly without fear?

Points I want to make out are:

1)You said your-mum-friend dog died by itself; then u said I put down the dog. What U want to say?

2) If I would like to put your dog down, I would done it early and would tell you more fancy lie! Why I would like all these troubles?

3) If you do not like to surrender your dog, I think you should ask for boarding till adoption! Even then there is no 100% guaranty no sickness for biological animals!

4) Do you know what is Distemper? and I did not talk or get info from you in person or to let u know your dog is sick. In my knowledge, I did know I would to give u info for the adoption owner contact number if any.

I hope you think through the whole matter. God bless you.

(This post was edited by giisaac on Oct 8, 2004, 7:35 AM)

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Oct 8, 2004, 12:15 PM

Post #13 of 21 (6222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [giisaac] Never surrender your dog!! [In reply to] Can't Post

giisaac, who are you?

Are you the vet Goldilocks has accused of killing her dog?

Are you saying that there is more to the story than Goldilocks has told the forum? It would be interesting to know the full story she is not telling as we only have her version of events. Questions from forum members that do not suit Goldilocks to answer have been ignored.

Goldilocks claims to understand the meaning of "surrendering" her dog but fails to realise that if she surrendered her dog, she has given up all her rights to her dog - that it no longer belongs to her. She doesn't seem to know the difference between "surrendering" her dog and "boarding" her dog - as you have pointed out.

goldilock
Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2004, 5:58 PM

Post #14 of 21 (6201 views)
Shortcut

I dont understand what u mean about what had my bf n me said to u while in the clinic!! I SWEAR TO GOD i didnt said anything in the clinic...u said many clients were there? hahaa...is it u'd misunderstood me of other people? At that time I couldnt said anything ..when u told me my dog died..it really shocked me..i cried in front of u ...then i left...without said anything....summore at that time I'm sure your clinic is left only ONE INDIAN CLIENT with his dog.THAT CLIENT IS MY BF'S FRIEND. HOW CAN BE MANY CLIENTs?

YOU"RE the ONE WHO accuse me right now!! U WANT TO PROTECT YOURSELF AS A VET.....AS A DR!!!

u said that u r not been accussed for the 1st time...which mean that I'm NOT the ONE & ONLY person to accuse u that u killed dogs!!!

Y do the other people think that? Y they'll accuse u? SHOULDNT BE IT"S YOUR FAULT? U wan me to believe u that r innocent? that all other people accuse u are wrong?

i think your word "Are you able to face your god without regret and can stand firmly without fear? " should be pointing to u.

I dun understand why my little dog will get that disease and DIED so fast ? 5 of his siblings are still living in the good health.

I've visited your clinic twice since i surrender my dog...and i've been told u twice to CONTACT me whatever happen to my dog..I said I'll save him.I told u NOT to put him down .U said OK!!! U said that my dog was healthy at that time!! BUT U DID SAID THAT IF U DISCOVERED MY DOG HAD ANY DISEASE U'LL NOT SAVE HIM..U SAID THAT THE COST IS QUITE HIGH...becos of u said this...i know that u'll give this reason for me when my dog died.But I'd trusted u that u'll contact me but u didnt.I purposely left 2 hp nums to u....I swear I told u to contact me if sumthing happen to my dog...not just only for the adoption owner info..I swear that u said OK!!

I know u wont admit it...

goldilock
Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2004, 6:38 PM

Post #15 of 21 (6196 views)
Shortcut

Gus-Gus....i surrender my dog to that clinic for adoption. Not surrender him to death.I know u got your point of view of the 'SURRENDER' word.

But is that mean that surrender my dog for adoption ...i cant care of him? cant know his condition? Some how i got paid for the surrender fees....and some more I didnt sign any contract that i cant take care of my dog anymore.

All I wanted the The Vet to do is to contact me if something happen to my dog...is that wrong?At that time i really shouldnt surrender my dog....i know i'd done wrong.SO WRONG!!

And Gus-Gus.....u said i didnt neuter my dog...cos at that time i own only ONE dog...she got pregnant just becos of an accident.....u think neuter your dog good? if you really dog lover...i mean really dog lover...u wont do the decision to neuter your dog....have u think of yourself being neuter too? what will u feel?

I dont wan my dog to suffer.....somemore if one house keep only one dog why need to neuter? the dog got her period only twice a year....u can wear her hot pant or spray her with anti mating spray to prevent.....why must neuter?

I know get your pet neuter has many advantages...i understand that...but i just dont wan my dog to suffer . Hope u can understand me Gus-Gus.Just think of yourself get neuter......

goldilock
Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2004, 6:56 PM

Post #16 of 21 (6193 views)
Shortcut

about i'm calling my neighbour stupid damn muslim....do u know that my whole neighbourhood support and help me to againts him? u didnt know my situation gus_gus...u didnt get to live next to the CRAZY MEN my other neighbours called them CRAZY Men too...u really dont know how they did to my dog!! they are brothers who never get to mix with other neighbour ...many neighbours complain about them and what they did to my dog .....my other neighbours wont help me if i'm wrong....the whole road in my residense area ...he's the only one who hate my dogs!!! He's the one who give me so much trouble....

NEVER MIND I DONT THINK I SHOULD EXPLAIN IT TO U....U NEVER UNDERSTAND THAT.

BUT THANKS TO YOU FOR TELLING ME THE LAW...I'LL GET IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. CAN U TELL ME THE 'THING' IN MALAY....IT'S MORE CONVIENIENCE FOR ME TO ASK FOR IT FROM THE OFFICER.

goldilock
Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2004, 7:05 PM

Post #17 of 21 (6189 views)
Shortcut

gUS-gUS CAN I KNOW DID U GET SUMMON FROM THE CITY COUNCIL BECOS OF EXCEEDING NUM OF DOGS?

IF YES,HOW U OVERCOME IT?

I'M WORRY VERY SOON I'LL GET SUMMON FROM THEM...VERY SOON....

giisaac
New User

Oct 11, 2004, 9:01 AM

Post #18 of 21 (6179 views)
Shortcut

Miss this is the last time, I will clarify the thing with u. I am not playing your game and think this is the good way to discuss. If you want, we can go on proper channel like legal action.

You are a very emotional young people. U accuse me of many things but I did not want to embarrass in front of public, thus I did not said out a lot of things at first.

This is the last time I clarify and still I spare on you:

1) I did not put your dog down just like what you think. It must be very ill then only I will put down or I suspect they have very contagious diseases like distemper, parvo, etc. All your dog in home very healthy did not mean one at here will healthy. Do you know what is nosocomial infections?

2) I never check a surrender dog. U made up another story! I will check a surrender dog, when they wanted by somebody!

3) U admitted u said to the boy and not me that day. And I remembered I would contact you when the dog was adopted! I jotted down in the calender book. U put me into many things i did not said. If you think I will put down of your dog from the start, why not you take it home that time and give to other friend or the best call your boyfriend to adopt it? R u purposely to find trouble with me or you want fame?

4) I think you forgot the person still standing at your back near the displacing medicine place, waiting for me; and the couple just waiting for me in the next room. My boy was just at your back near the door and another indo maid was near my desk at the left hand side. While you came in, there were many people inside. I was discharging a dog. I still remembered I told you to wait for me. I also remembered you crying after I told you. I also remembered your boyfriend was at your left hand side very close to you. Then one more client was waiting for me outside. Want to clarify anythings else?

(This post was edited by giisaac on Oct 11, 2004, 9:05 AM)

goldilock
Enthusiast

Oct 12, 2004, 1:16 AM

Post #19 of 21 (6146 views)
Shortcut

u can say anything u want..anything u wanna clarify....whatever...

u r lucky that i got no evidence to proof that u killed my dog..if not u think u can still be a vet ar....i'll sure take legal action!!

u said that u r NOT been accused for the FIRST time ma...then sure this time wont be the LAST time for u too

eevon881001
Novice

Oct 14, 2004, 2:21 AM

Post #20 of 21 (6103 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
?Hey guys! What's up? Looks like the argument is getting heated.... Tell me the details.. I would like to share my opinion about it too... Smile

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Oct 22, 2004, 4:30 AM

Post #21 of 21 (6038 views)
Shortcut

i'll just comment on a few things. getting ur dog neutered or it was a bitch right? should she should be spayed?

anyways, spaying/neutering ur dog has more advantages than disadvantages. and it will also control the population of dogs, we already have many in PAWS & SPCA, we don't need more puppies (except from reputable breeder).

i am a dog lover, but i am going to have my GR bitch spayed. u cannot compare human with dogs. dogs just have the need to breed and breed. human breed for different reason that is why we have brain than can think. our dogs are our responsibility, not the other way around.

yes i agree that u should opt for boarding instead of putting ur dog at a vet clinic. did u know ur dog can contract disease from the clinic? there maybe other dogs there and they maybe infected and ur dog may got infected that is probably one of the reason ur dog is put to sleep? distemper is a very serious illness and it's airborne. it is possible all ur 5 dogs (incl. the one which died ) at home are healthy, but if ur dog is mixed with infected dog, he can get infected. u mention ur dog is 5 - 6 months..has he got her last 6+ 1 shot?

u r young and a student, and u r the master of your dogs. before u got urself in this predicament, u would have indeed avoid it if u r more cautious right?

lastly, who is holding the leash here..u or your dog??

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my