Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Sports, Schutzhund, Protection, Tracking,.....: Schutzhund Events, Trials (Local and Wordwide):
russell say hi

russellc
Novice

Oct 3, 2004, 6:12 PM

Post #1 of 25 (25718 views)
Shortcut
russell say hi Can't Post

new same mind schH supporter

Winkname :russell

Tonguelocation: USJ subang

Coollooking: to join any schH club

CrazyBreed: gsd

Slyhp: 0123939 019

russellc
Novice

Oct 6, 2004, 8:12 AM

Post #2 of 25 (25702 views)
Shortcut
Re: [russellc] russell say hi [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

This is my self-introduction:

I only have GSDs from kids till now. I had bought my first working GSD puppy from Kirschental 8 year ago, Cerrie vom kirschental, thinking of might be able to train her for Schutzhund....well..only found out we don't have any!

So, i wait...... 8year till now...........i still can not see any light of it ( and i know clearly the reason behind it) ! My bitch is still with me, i had her trained in OB, by myself, from the resourceful net and video. Can not train protection cause can't find a helper.

I just bought another puppy from a Czech working line, his name is Fero Z Jirkova dvora CS, 4 months old, training him in tracking, still, leaning from the net and advise from the breeder. Thinking of sending him back to Germany to train for schH, very expensive, the fee and expenses is equivalent as sending my son to England for his degree! I must be mad if i decided to do it, i think.

As to Schutzhund club, i'm still very much keeping my finger cross, but will take any active position if time is right, of course, together with many of guys like u, we can realise the idea.

I still have many 8 year to live, i believe.

Benny Lai
Novice

Dec 23, 2004, 8:55 PM

Post #3 of 25 (25613 views)
Shortcut

Hi Russell, I don't think there's any Schutzhund club in Malaysia. (I may be wrong). But I do know there is a group of people who train sports dog in Kuang. Most of them they owned GSD and Malinois.
Thanks & Regards,
Benny Lai.

joshyong
Novice

Dec 28, 2004, 10:50 PM

Post #4 of 25 (25558 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Benny Lai] russell say hi [In reply to] Can't Post

HI,

just to drop in if U can tell me more on those guys in Kuang who train and breed Malinios...

TQ

Cheers

hybridtheory
Novice

Jan 4, 2005, 9:27 AM

Post #5 of 25 (25483 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joshyong] russell say hi [In reply to] Can't Post

Are there any protection training clubs in Malaysia or is this only for the police and military?

It would be great to start a Sch club out there. I had a general question to everyone in here. Say you all had

Schutzhund trained titled dogs. What would your purpose be for these dogs. Just to trial and hopes of winning

and having a good activity with your dog. ( nothing wrong with this)...or do some believe that these dogs will

protect them in real life situations.

boon
Doggyman

Jan 4, 2005, 4:37 PM

Post #6 of 25 (25473 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hybridtheory] russell say hi [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

it depend on how u look at it, schh dogs or titled schh dogs and the trained PP dogs are not the same. Don't ever expect a schh dogs (purely sport) to bite/attack/protect the family or i just wonder if they will bite without the sleeve.

Don't get me wrong and be offended, i know they're good police dogs out there that do well in schh.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

joshyong
Novice

Jan 4, 2005, 6:41 PM

Post #7 of 25 (25461 views)
Shortcut

Hi Hybrid......

Nothing wrong to have a sch dog club in m'sia....... its only how many of us can really do it????

Who will be the one to lead us ???? Sch dog and Sch training comprising of tracking / obedience and protection (3 level ).

option 1 : get more title dog aboard and we learn from them

option 2 : get trainer from aboard to train us

Note : Option 1 & 2 are very expensive .

If we can get someone local to lead and train us at least to Sch 1 and of course our local breed dogs must be able to cope up then I would say we are ready????

It is just my opinion and I would to hear out more advise pertaining Sch club from anyone

TQ and cheers

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jan 9, 2005, 5:20 AM

Post #8 of 25 (25428 views)
Shortcut

It depends..if i just want a sports dog, i'd hv him for just trials and having fun.I don't think a pure sports dogs would protect me.

If i want a pp dog, i'll get him(the SchH dog) evaluated and find out his civility level. If it's good enough for pp ,i'd work him.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Jan 11, 2005, 7:16 AM

Post #9 of 25 (25394 views)
Shortcut

HT,

I'm an ardent supporter and fan of Schutzhund. I not only "believe" but I "know" that any SchH titled dogs would protect them owners in real life situation. I mean how real can situations get anymore than having confident towering macho males(i believe they're called helpers(?)) geared to the nth with pads, sleeves, a bad ass whip and not to mention all the hollering and swinging the dogs around?? You can't deny that's cool stuff, can ya???

Btw, I know loads of people that just train and train everyday for trials and hopes to winning and having a good activity with your dog. I mean, with all this titles, stud fees and new litters are just gonna bring in the $$$ Wink u know what i mean? WinkCool

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Jan 11, 2005, 7:31 AM

Post #10 of 25 (25392 views)
Shortcut

Hi JY,

I think with the abundance of information that we can get off the net, I'm sure many will be able to have a rather 'good' grasp on SchH training methods and what not....

Regarding $$$, SchH is not cheap, the equipment alone would put the average Joe off...let's not even get started with the dogs, i mean, hey some ppl claim they're there to improve or maintain the quality of the breed but at the end of the day, they still charge you a bomb for their pups/dogs, that is not even Korung. I can never understand that concept....

I believe SchH club in malaysia will be a reality, it's a matter of time...but of course, everybody has their own goals, agendas and dreams to aspire to, let's hope that it doesn't turn into some of the showrings that I've seen, where it was no longer in the spirit of healthy competition...

FredAl
Novice

Jan 11, 2005, 5:26 PM

Post #11 of 25 (25382 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wildgunsr] russell say hi [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been in the SchH sport since 1976. Back then, I can honestly say that a SchH trained dog can be a personal protection dog. Nowadays, with the advent of modern training methods, a good trainer can train and title a gentle Golden Retriever for SchH; however, it cannot be a protection dog.

hybridtheory
Novice

Jan 11, 2005, 6:08 PM

Post #12 of 25 (25373 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FredAl] russell say hi [In reply to] Can't Post

If I cocker spaniel or golden retreiver can be trained for Schutzhund, then what makes the german shepherd dog or rotties that are titled for Schutzhund be called a protection dog. If the training is the same to obtain the title then with that said the GSDs or any dog titled for Schutzhund may not be considered a protection dog.

Same training; different breed.

FredAl
Novice

Jan 11, 2005, 8:38 PM

Post #13 of 25 (25366 views)
Shortcut

A SchH-titled dog should not be mistakenly labelled as a protection dog; it is a SchH dog. A dog that is trained as a Personal Protection Dog (PPD) IS a protection dog. There are SchH-titled dogs that have the proper working traits to be cross-trained as PPDs. There are SchH-titled dogs that won't be able to handle PP training. The difference lies in the training methods employed for the different exercises.

If training for the protection phase of SchH is based purely on prey, the dog can attain a SchH title. However, it may not be able to handle the training for PP, which requires the utilization of canine defense and fight drives.

boon
Doggyman

Jan 11, 2005, 9:08 PM

Post #14 of 25 (25356 views)
Shortcut

Hi All,

I have to agree with Al, he has put it in such a perfect way.

Jason : a lab can be trained to obtain schh title, and do u think a lab can be a PP ?

Some highly titled prey monsters will choose to flight instead of fight when push/press further....

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

hybridtheory
Novice

Jan 11, 2005, 9:30 PM

Post #15 of 25 (25352 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] russell say hi [In reply to] Can't Post

Then is it safe to say that if a person wants to train their dog for protection and the only method available is Schutzhund, and because of this open-breed club, the schutzhund group wont be in a position to train a lab, german shepherd, or golden in defense. Because if a lab can obtain a Sch title then there no fight in the sport of SCH.

I feel that all dogs have teeth and if you push them to the brink of either fight or die i think some labs would fight, of course a majority of them would run.

It's hard to say if you dog will stay in the fight if someone is breaking in your home and is about to kill everyone in the house, some house street dogs would fight to the death (untrained). The difference here is the Schutzhund is just a sport that any right dog can achieve with great success.

boon
Doggyman

Jan 11, 2005, 9:40 PM

Post #16 of 25 (25345 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Then is it safe to say that if a person wants to train their dog for protection and the only method available is Schutzhund

I think u got me wrong, i don't mean it that way. For a PPD, there is a PPD wway of training and it is not the same as the way to train a sport dog. Of course, with the right material and knowledge, u can Xtrain the dog to excel in both the field and the real life work.

FredAl
Novice

Jan 11, 2005, 9:52 PM

Post #17 of 25 (25344 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
**"Then is it safe to say that if a person wants to train their dog for protection and the only method available is Schutzhund, and because of this open-breed club, the schutzhund group wont be in a position to train a lab, german shepherd, or golden in defense. Because if a lab can obtain a Sch title then there no fight in the sport of SCH."** No, I might have been vague in explaining this. There are several ways to train for the protection phase of SchH: prey, defense, and fight (in PP terms, there's a difference between defense and fight). There are good trainers that train SchH dogs using a good balance of all three drives for the different exercises. There are also trainers who use pure prey. So it really depends on the Training Director of the SchH club and what training he uses for the dogs. I use SchH as a breed suitability test, so I make sure I train my dogs utilizing the appropriate drive for an exercise.

**"I feel that all dogs have teeth and if you push them to the brink of either fight or die i think some labs would fight, of course a majority of them would run."** But we wouldn't know if a dog would actually fight unless we test them.

**"It's hard to say if you dog will stay in the fight if someone is breaking in your home and is about to kill everyone in the house, some house street dogs would fight to the death (untrained). The difference here is the Schutzhund is just a sport that any right dog can achieve with great success."** Again, it just depends on the training method, and of course the dog -- not whether it's a SchH dog or not. SchH, like martial arts, teaches the dog how to fight the man for certain exercises. For the right dog that possesses good working traits, then SchH training makes it an awesome man-stopper.

joshyong
Novice

Jan 12, 2005, 2:03 AM

Post #18 of 25 (25313 views)
Shortcut

To all U guys out there ,

I believed everybody have their point of view.... I agreed to all.....
Protection dogs comes in genectically as they never back off when somebody intimidated them with sticks or shows angers with fist at them --- even as young as 2 months old puppies...
Schs dogs.... more alike the same except these dogs always much happier....and they know its only a sports anyway ....
Well guys....I hope that very soon there will a trail event for Sch dog and handles in Town...... by then everyone can bring their dog and met up......Sure there many things to talk about and lots of fun of bites work for everyone ............Frown

qstee
Novice

Feb 9, 2005, 4:08 PM

Post #19 of 25 (25051 views)
Shortcut

Hi everyone, Im a die hard fan for working dogs, I actually dont have a working dog yet, but will get one in the future after i do more research. I read the forum and article in leerburg and im bombarded with all this information. Do you guys recommend any training video? does any other place sell leerburg video other than US?

Is there a schutzhund club in mas? is it legal to have this club in mas? Thanks in advance

Toy
K9 Maniac

Apr 24, 2005, 1:13 AM

Post #20 of 25 (24434 views)
Shortcut

sorry to interrupt, may i know is husky fall under working group? if yes can husky be trained as well?

FredAl
Novice

Apr 24, 2005, 7:19 PM

Post #21 of 25 (24418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] russell say hi [In reply to] Can't Post

The Siberian Husky is a working dog, but its working traits are geared for pulling sleds, not for SchH or protection work. They can be trained to do some of the SchH exercises, but the drives that are triggered are not the same as for working dogs geared toward the activity.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 25, 2005, 12:40 AM

Post #22 of 25 (23474 views)
Shortcut

FredAl

wonder is it true SchH training include training a dog from eating poisoned food? well for this specific training can we teach toy breeds as well? thanks.

Regards,

Yang

FredAl
Novice

Aug 25, 2005, 5:15 PM

Post #23 of 25 (23444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] russell say hi [In reply to] Can't Post

Poison-proofing is not part of any SchH training nor is the dog evaluated for it. If you're looking to work a dog for SchH, it's best to acquire a dog from a breed that's bred to do the work.

FredAl
Novice

Aug 25, 2005, 5:35 PM

Post #24 of 25 (23439 views)
Shortcut

I'll have to address some of your statements here -- not for argument's sake but for education:

** Your statement: Protection dogs comes in genectically as they never back off when somebody intimidated them with sticks or shows angers with fist at them --- even as young as 2 months old puppies...**

2-month-old puppies do not yet possess fight drive or the right defense drives to confront a man, especially one holding a stick to intimidate them. These drives usually kick in between 12-24 months, depending on their inherent genetic make-up.

**Your statement: Schs dogs.... more alike the same except these dogs always much happier....and they know its only a sports anyway .... **

Dogs do not perceive activities as sports or real; they just do the exercises we require of them. We, humans, are the ones who classify these activities; dogs don't know and they don't care one way or the other. They just do the work we train them for.

** Your statement: Well guys....I hope that very soon there will a trail event for Sch dog and handles in Town...... by then everyone can bring their dog and met up......Sure there many things to talk about and lots of fun of bites work for everyone .......**

I agree that SchH trials are fun, but it's not just about the bite work. I have more fun working my dogs in the other phases of SchH: tracking and obedience.

joshyong
Novice

Aug 26, 2005, 1:11 AM

Post #25 of 25 (23407 views)
Shortcut

Hi Fredal,

Nice of u to drop in some comments.....yes indeed its true wat ur comments.

well, I dun want to further comment as the master had spoken....!! but I would to meet up wit u and understand more and learn more...!!!

BTW can I have ur contact num and e-mail.... i like to send some clip to u

cheers

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my