confuse of S.Husky......or G.R???

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

dogslover
Canine Addict

Sep 30, 2004, 11:49 PM

Post #1 of 53 (3208 views)
Shortcut
confuse of S.Husky......or G.R??? Can't Post

Hi i was from Penang and now i dt know wht dog i'm looking 4???My frd thy told me tht husky is beeter thn G.R but husky so hard to take care of it.Bout G.R....it ws a nice dog 4 me too but it imposible 2 sy tht i can get two of it...no place for thm lar...so now i was so confused which one should i choose.But in my mind Husky is the best dog 4 me....cz its was many ppl "dream dog"....so i hope that u all can show me the idea and also the advantage and disanvantage of the dogs and also the price....thx

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 1, 2004, 5:17 AM

Post #2 of 53 (3197 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dogslover] confuse of S.Husky......or G.R??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Smile

Ask your friend why she thinks a husky is a "better" dog. Then think abt it.Make sure what she says is true and see how the dog matches you and your lifestyle.

Another thing is.." But in my mind Husky is the best dog 4 me....cz its was many ppl "dream dog"" Don't choose a pup based on someone else's idea. It has to be yours and the pup will be your responsibility,not others.

Do a search on the net for "siberian husky" and "golden retriever". Study their temperament and see if they match your lifestyle and which one you would prefer.Take into account the advantages and disadvantages of the 2 breeds. Compare every aspect. Make an educated decision.

The price of GR can range from RM 800 (frm puppy millers) to abt RM3.5 k for one which has some champion lineage and of course it can higher than that. Huskies cost a lil more. So far the minimum I've seen is RM 1.3k..i'm not sure abt the quality. Most of the time the breeders quoted abt RM 2.3-2.5k.

Here's to get you started on your reserach:

http://www.google.com.my/...an+husky%22&meta=

http://www.google.com.my/...ogle+Search&meta=

Remember,the journey is just as fun as the reaching the destination. EnjoyCool
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

dogslover
Canine Addict

Oct 1, 2004, 11:24 PM

Post #3 of 53 (3186 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] confuse of S.Husky......or G.R??? [In reply to] Can't Post

anyway thx a lot....now i prefer to get a G.R cz my lifestlye cn match wth Husky....and it need lot of ex...so i think i'll get a G.R...how bout i 1 2 take it to show???any guide???

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 6, 2004, 9:29 AM

Post #4 of 53 (3174 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure (i''m not into dog showing) but i think u have to become an MKA member. Once you're a member,they will send u the entry forms. Fill them up,send them in n i think that's it. Go to the venue n show ur dog.

I'm not too sure abt this...best to ask in the dog show and championship section.

Sorry i couldnt help u much Unsure
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

dogslover
Canine Addict

Oct 6, 2004, 10:52 PM

Post #5 of 53 (3169 views)
Shortcut

hey thx a lot....wht dogs do u hav now??

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 7, 2004, 2:04 AM

Post #6 of 53 (3165 views)
Shortcut

Nice to talking with you in the phone.

You can search from the net for MKA, then download the membership application form. If no mistaken, entrance fee is RM100 & annual fee is RM55.

My Boxers ALBUM (Updated : 22/Mar/2005)

http://photos.yahoo.com/glng675

dogslover
Canine Addict

Oct 7, 2004, 7:37 AM

Post #7 of 53 (3157 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glng675] confuse of S.Husky......or G.R??? [In reply to] Can't Post

hy u know i was so surprise tht u call me lar...anyway nice to meet u...find out dy we both hang out wth our dogs lar??ok??

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 7, 2004, 8:15 AM

Post #8 of 53 (3151 views)
Shortcut

it wasnt much...

i hv a dobermann,bullmastiff and a cocker spaniel mixed terrier Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

dogslover
Canine Addict

Oct 7, 2004, 7:13 PM

Post #9 of 53 (3142 views)
Shortcut

oh no Doberman?its a nice dog i like tht bt 1 thing tht i dt like the dog is thy like to bite smething lar...so demanding...

Bullmastiff?How much had u bought it?does it expensive?i noe tht the price ws so high is it?and the size is so bog

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 9, 2004, 6:49 AM

Post #10 of 53 (3136 views)
Shortcut

huh...? bite something...?

um...all dogs like to bite. It's not breed specific. It's just that some dogs have a higher prey drive (the will to hunt and bring down their prey),that's why the bite more. Or simply because they are bored and like to gnaw,chiew/bite on something. Often times we say that the dogs like to bite/chew but it is really that they are bored so they try something new..like a hobby. Some dogs dig when their bored,some dogs bite...it really depends on the individual. Maybe u think(Crazy) that because dobermanns are known for their energy level and therefore need more things to keep them busy and most of the time,we can't keep up. When we can't keep up and are unentertained,they will entertain themselves with their chosen hobby.

I got my bullmastiff pretty cheap because he's the runt of the litter. I bought him for under 1k.Hmm...my BM is pretty small..only abt 24" and he weighs abt 45 kgs..he's abt the size of a female BM(23-25",40-50kgs) and the standard for males is 25-27" (i think..i cant recall exactly) and weigh abt 50-60 kgs.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

dogslover
Canine Addict

Oct 11, 2004, 4:14 AM

Post #11 of 53 (3128 views)
Shortcut

hey sorry for late reply hah....

u r rite...bt y my cocker she jst like a mad dogs whn it cme out frm cage,like to kacau my othr dogs leh....i had no idea wth it..she ws so craZ and smetime she will fight wth my G.Retriever....omgness

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 20, 2004, 1:06 AM

Post #12 of 53 (3104 views)
Shortcut

lol Laugh

she's so hyper...just wanna have some fun Cool
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

dogslover
Canine Addict

Oct 20, 2004, 7:07 PM

Post #13 of 53 (3096 views)
Shortcut

iys good it mean tht ur dog so active .......

AndrewWong
Novice

Oct 20, 2004, 8:08 PM

Post #14 of 53 (3094 views)
Shortcut

Have you bought ur GR? If you are thinking of showing G.R, First of all as rules of thumbs, study the breed standard. Then find a reputable G.R breeder and look for a show quality G.R. And definately it won't cost you cheap but it is worth it. And for your info, there are strong competition in showing G.R in the ring. They have really good lineage and i can say really beautiful Golden. Actually it is advisable for you to go to dog show more often to find out more on the breed itself. Then you will know what is a good quality Golden and not....

Another thing is that you also must learn how to groom G.R therefor they can have a nice show coat.Smile

Andrew

dogslover
Canine Addict

Oct 25, 2004, 6:56 AM

Post #15 of 53 (3081 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndrewWong] confuse of S.Husky......or G.R??? [In reply to] Can't Post

yup....i had saw it ..it costs RM2400 each puppy....and their parents thy bought it RM17000...

kesuke
Doggyman

Dec 2, 2004, 2:33 PM

Post #16 of 53 (2984 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndrewWong] confuse of S.Husky......or G.R??? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi!
just curious..are you into showing GRs?

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

sean

Dec 23, 2004, 1:59 AM

Post #17 of 53 (2934 views)
Shortcut

I will recommend u get GR coz it is more close to human and easier to train.

Doesn't mean husky not good, just u will need more patient to train it as it is more closely to wolf character which is very cool.....

If you want to good companion, GR will be the best. If want to have a cool dog then u can choose husky.

Both need to give them ur time and a good shelter as it's our duty for keeping them.

Cheers....

Cheers,
Sean

My furkids....
Jojo-GR[m], Bobby-BOXER[m], Gigi-ACS[f], Jewie-GR[f]

Please sign in SPCA petition for enhanced protection against animals in Malaysia.
www.catzmedia.com/spca/petitions/index.asp

kelwts
Dog Kichi

Dec 23, 2004, 8:19 PM

Post #18 of 53 (2924 views)
Shortcut

Hi ! Was just going through and noticed yr thread. Firstly , if you decide to get a husky ,you must be ready with quite a few things _

1) Do you have exercise space for huskies ? Huskies need lots of exercise and space . If you are staying in a aprtment or condo...then the husky is definetely not your dog.

2) Huskies shed a lot ... Be ready to have a vacumm cleaner ready because they tend to shed a lot ( every 2-3 months)

3) Huskies rarely bark . So if you one want for a guard dog... then forget it.. Huskies will greet nearly everyone she/he meets.

If you still intend to get a husky , give me a call, maybe I can give you some tips.

Regards
Kelvin

In Reply To

dogslover
Canine Addict

Jan 8, 2005, 8:06 PM

Post #19 of 53 (2898 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelwts] confuse of S.Husky......or G.R??? [In reply to] Can't Post

thx 4 ur reply.....now i own a G.R already.....thy sy tht my dog get skin problm....so any suggest 2 treat my dogs?

kelwts
Dog Kichi

Jan 10, 2005, 6:25 PM

Post #20 of 53 (2880 views)
Shortcut

Tongue Try visiting a vet ASAP . There are lots of different skin problems that dogs tend to get. From hot spots to mange. I'm not sure what skin problems yr dog has. If its mange - they tend to spread very quickly if not treated. Hope its NOT mange.

Goodluck

Regards

Kelvin

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 9, 2005, 8:24 PM

Post #21 of 53 (2821 views)
Shortcut

hey..where are u??

Long time no see....when planning to my house??

carienna
Canine Addict

Mar 15, 2005, 6:28 AM

Post #22 of 53 (2797 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glng675] confuse of S.Husky......or G.R??? [In reply to] Can't Post

hey hey... mind telling me where are you from?

Frown

Golden Retrievers & Miniature Schnauzer are SIMPLY the BEST!!!!!!!

MisterStan
Doggyman

Mar 15, 2005, 7:55 AM

Post #23 of 53 (2796 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carienna & glng675] confuse of S.Husky......or G.R??? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi carienna

sorry to interrupt...

glng is from boxer land, have several boxer slaves that produce boxer pants for sale..

carienna
Canine Addict

Mar 15, 2005, 4:45 PM

Post #24 of 53 (2788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] confuse of S.Husky......or G.R??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello!

Hahahaha!!! Interesting one!

Frown

Golden Retrievers & Miniature Schnauzer are SIMPLY the BEST!!!!!!!

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 15, 2005, 5:29 PM

Post #25 of 53 (2781 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carienna] confuse of S.Husky......or G.R??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wowwwwww!!!!! U have so many dogs!!!!!!!!! Are u a breeder??

I'm working in Seberang Perai; close to you..hehehe.....mind to visit your farm of dogs???? Currently I have 5 boxers.

This Misterstan always think about Boxer pants, dun know what pant he is wearing nowCrazyCrazy..hehehe..If I have boxer pant sure I will wear it out & to show him lar..hahaha....

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my