First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dogslover
Canine Addict

Sep 30, 2004, 11:44 PM

Post #1 of 44 (3192 views)
Shortcut
     lconfuse G.R....or S.Husky  

Hi To all.....

i was frm Penang and now i was so confused of wht i'm trying to looking 4???Was Husky better or G.R better??Any suggest...and after i buy it i will take it to the show...so i really really hope that u all can show me which one should i choose.....and dt 4get to shw me the price thx ya

Mey Lim SM

Oct 1, 2004, 9:24 AM

Post #2 of 44 (3177 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [dogslover] lconfuse G.R....or S.Husky [In reply to]  

For Penang dog show, both type of dogs are O.K.
In the last year Penang dog show,( by MKA one ) There were only two Husky and two GR competing for their groups. The Husky winner was a local, from Tanjong Bunga and the GR winner was taken by a K.L guy.
Husky will cost about RM2*** while a show quality GR will be RM1*** . The *** may range from 1 to 9 depends on different place selling different price.
If you are interested in going to show, both also O.K as the competition is really not so tough...... It depends a lot on choosing a pup and the way to bring them up. Even if you were to get a nice pup but don't know how to take care of it also no point.
For maintenance , GR is much, much easier than a husky......... Common problem for husky.... skin problem as their lower layer coat is too thick. If you were to beth them, even with a hair dryer you may not reach the end... After seeing a few pups grown up, I really don't agree with people breeding husky here. 1 out of 4 got problem......
Penang got a husky group, some faced problem, some don't. The guy in Tg Bunga who won last year is one of them in the group. He, however, has no problem with his husky.
As for GR, no group that I've known at this moment. For advice, get a GR, because you may not know whether the Husky you bought will get skin problem in the future or not. And though the amount of GR in the market is much much more that husky, only less than a handfull will go for show.

dogslover
Canine Addict

Oct 1, 2004, 11:47 PM

Post #3 of 44 (3156 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Mey Lim SM] lconfuse G.R....or S.Husky [In reply to]  

i agree bt now i prefer G.R lar...cz if i get a Husky...it will need more time to take thm to run in the garden i'm so lazy hehehehe...yesterdy i saw a G.R in Kelawai Road...it costs RM13++...i waqs so confuse is tht i 1 2 but or not???i really realy like its face it was so cue bt i afraid tht if i get a ig dog will become more smelly in my hs....will G.R smelly??

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 4, 2004, 10:20 PM

Post #4 of 44 (3137 views)
Shortcut

THis is a good issue, to show a dog! Well, your advice depends on who give that piece to you!! A show pup wil not be obtain by the price you mentioned, and GR entries surpasses 10, not like what the otehr post mentioned! To win in GR ring, you have to understand the breed cause you are competing with the best in the world!!! For Husky, I wil reserve my comments!!! The blind leading the blind will be my theme today!!

clangan

sbt
Enthusiast

Oct 5, 2004, 6:36 AM

Post #5 of 44 (3115 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I am a GR lover, and I am glad you have decided for GR. S husky, not for me unless, I have a way for them to pull me around on a roller sledge.Laugh

Since you are looking for a show quality dog, you can get some good advised from clangan. His dogs are champion. I think he has some liters now. You can find him at the Breeder directory of puppy.com. www.puppy.com.my/breederdirectory/grbreeder.html
A Dog is for Life, Not just for Christmas

dogslover
Canine Addict

Oct 5, 2004, 11:05 PM

Post #6 of 44 (3098 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [sbt] lconfuse G.R....or S.Husky [In reply to]  

hy th\x a lot i had bought it .... for 3 days ago....she really really cute leh...ar forgot 1 thing ..nice to meet u ... hy hw cme i post my dogs pic up thr??

dogslover
Canine Addict

Oct 5, 2004, 11:08 PM

Post #7 of 44 (3094 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [clangan] lconfuse G.R....or S.Husky [In reply to]  

hy thx a lot i had bought it for 3 days ago..i really like her she ws so cute...i dt noe hw to mention it...but i dt noe tht hw to train it to becme a show dog....can u guide me??

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 6, 2004, 12:25 AM

Post #8 of 44 (3084 views)
Shortcut

You can start off by attending dog shows by seeing how the pro does it and imitate them. You have to know how to stack your dog and moves her to the best you can. But to begin with, show dogs have to have good conformation standards and blood line, do yours have that???

clangan

Khoobg
Webmaster

Oct 6, 2004, 12:27 AM

Post #9 of 44 (3081 views)
Shortcut

Prepare an image file of size 80 x 80 in jpeg format. The select Edit Profile to browse for your pic and upload accordingly.

More information at

http://www.puppy.com.my/...orum.cgi?do=user_faq;

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

dogslover
Canine Addict

Oct 6, 2004, 4:32 AM

Post #10 of 44 (3057 views)
Shortcut

hw bout if i sy i dt hav???ar..i think i bought wrong dog....any idea wth me now???

dogslover
Canine Addict

Oct 6, 2004, 4:33 AM

Post #11 of 44 (3057 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Khoobg] lconfuse G.R....or S.Husky [In reply to]  

hiuh???wht u mean i think i ct get ur meaning...

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 7, 2004, 9:10 PM

Post #12 of 44 (3036 views)
Shortcut

Then just keep them as pet. Just remember, there are only 2 person in Malaysia who are able to produce champions, you are talking to one now and don't expect to get a show dog puppy at your average cheap price! Just like you can't be getting a BMW at a Kancil price, get what I mean? There is no bargain on good stuff in life!

clangan

dogslover
Canine Addict

Oct 7, 2004, 10:07 PM

Post #13 of 44 (3028 views)
Shortcut

oic thx a lot

Mey Lim SM

Oct 9, 2004, 12:45 AM

Post #14 of 44 (3011 views)
Shortcut

Sorry for being rude...... but I really don't agree on the saying that a show quality dog have to be expensive. I know some winners in Penang and they really pay much less than the market price for their winning pet.

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 9, 2004, 2:22 AM

Post #15 of 44 (3005 views)
Shortcut

hI MEY LIM,

CAN YOU BE KIND ENOUGH TO SHARE WITH ME THE WINNER IN PENANG AND THE NAMES OF THEIR GOLDEN RETIREVERS? I AM GLAD TO KNOW IF THEY ARE FINISH CHAMPIONS. CAUSE THROUGH MY RESEARCH WITH MKA, NONE OF PENANG GOLDEN RETRIEVERS FINISH THEIR CHAMPIONSHIP AFTER 2000!

CLANGAN

ohmybeagle
Dog Kichi

Oct 9, 2004, 12:17 PM

Post #16 of 44 (2993 views)
Shortcut

Hi Mr Gan,

I am not quite sure if i want to show a GR in the future or not.....i might or i might not.....but i am certainly interested to get a show quality GR as a pet.......i have two beagles and one terrier at home and i plan to add a GR into my collection, simply as a GR lover. I have done some research on local GR breeders and i know u are one of the best. So i might really want to get a nice GR dog from u when it's time.....But i am not too sure i can afford ur price......i heard it's around RM5000 for a direct champion pup.......that's about 3 times more expensive than a normal pup b4 i can even get him to win any titles for me......So......would there be a difference in the price u are charging base on whether or not the owner will or will not show the pup in the future ?? and could u pls tell me a fair and honest price if i want to get a champ pup from u......i have seen some of the progenies from shadow and eva and they are excellent.......So pls......do consider my budget.....any better price at all??

Regards,

Terry

ohmybeagle1
New User

Oct 9, 2004, 1:12 PM

Post #17 of 44 (2992 views)
Shortcut

Hello there.....

I totally agree with u about the price is charging.....dont even bother....go get ur GR from someone else.....or i might even come up with a new kennel to fight down.....I am planning to invest RM35,000 to setup a new kennel in Puchong.....the reason why i have this idea is....i want to prove to everyone out there a champion GR wont cost anything more than RM2200.......for that Mr Gan....the kind soul here throwing his subsidised GR issue of to everyone trying to cheekily establish connection for future businesses.....tell u guys what.......watch out or u will get burned......just like my aunty.......she was naive back then......she bought a GR....progeny of Shadow and Eva.....Mr gan's most proud of GRs.......for freaking RM 5000.......Mr Gan......i am sure ur memory is still good enuff to remember her......for freaking RM5000 guys.......u can simply get 3 nice GRs out there with that cost. She wasnt into any dogs b4 this......how could u Gan ......con a naive lady for such absurd price....and she wasnt planning to show that dog.....what u gotta lose? if u are scared of competition then that's good news for me.....as i will be getting some best GRs from US and UK to fight u down......i wont let a conman like u dominate the GR sector......we shall see whose GRs are the best and Who is going to win the heart of buyers genuinely.....my kennel will be up in a few month's time....See u in the ring Gan....my buddy!! and for all of u out there who owns a GR.....dont think that GAN is great and experienced.....You can be like him too.....what he did was just to read and read and research alot about this breed.....i would suggest u to dig into books rather than relying on him.......unless u dont mind talking to a big conman here.....

Boldly,

Simon Yip

sbt
Enthusiast

Oct 9, 2004, 3:04 PM

Post #18 of 44 (2988 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Sorry for being rude...... but I really don't agree on the saying that a show quality dog have to be expensive. I know some winners in Penang and they really pay much less than the market price for their winning pet.

I do agree that buying the most expensive puppy does not guarantee a champion.

Yes, I bought mine for Thunder RM1,700 and Storm for RM1,500.00. only.

And they are just absolutely adorable.

Cheers.
A Dog is for Life, Not just for Christmas

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Oct 9, 2004, 5:50 PM

Post #19 of 44 (2984 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [anticlangan] lconfuse G.R....or S.Husky [In reply to]  

wow.. some rift. anyways my 2 cents of thought. i am not against or for just my point.

since is probably the only reputable GR champion breeder you can find in WP area. then you have no other choice. he probably has mentioned earlier that you buy dogs from him only when you want to enter dog show. if u want for a pet, buy from someone else lor.

before i bought my GR, i did consider but seeing the price tag, i decide to look somewhere else. but i was also thinking do i want my GR to be a show dog or just a pet? and i thought i want her to just be a pet for me and my family.

if you buy dogs from clangan, you sure would have expectation that the dog will bring in returns for what you pay. and bringing up champion dogs are not easy either. 10-20% is genes but the remaining comes from time, effort and energy. Yes i am sure Gan have read about the breed, something probably lots of us are not doing as we are too busy reading about GR by making them our favourite pet instead of putting them in dog shows.

i have inquired about champion dogs (GR mostly) in Canada and they dont' come cheap either. expect to pay CAN$1500 - CAN$2000 for a GR champion line puppy. bottom line too i think even if you get a champion line puppy, without proper training and time invested in the puppy, it's not going to be a champion.

i'd say, GR are bred to be a) a field dog, b)a house pet c) a show dog. pick that you want to do with the dog, that should give you an idea from where you want to get your GR. plus a GR who has cleared necesasry health screening or is genetically proven not having diseases will DEFINITELY save your vet bills.

it's your call, i would however love to check simon yip's puppies and see how much he sells them. i am thinking of a male GR as companion for my female GR.

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 9, 2004, 9:11 PM

Post #20 of 44 (2970 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [anticlangan] lconfuse G.R....or S.Husky [In reply to]  

Hi Boldly Simon Yip,

I will be more than glad you come into the show ring with me, or for that matter, any ring! As usual, I welcome you and hope to see you in any ring you are fond of. I would love to clarify to you that the breeding of Shadow and Eva has produced champions, i.e. Malaysian champion Action Driven Maximus (2nd Runner up for Malaysian Bred of the year 2002-placing after two Best In Show dogs), Malaysian Champion American Flyer Aruba (Top female 2002) and soon to be Malaysian Grand Champion Absolute Trotter (who is presently the top Gundog 2004 and definitely number 1 Golden Retriever in Malaysia 2004). Shadow to Peach, has produced a group winner, which is Malaysian Champion Best Of The Best (Top female Golden 2003). For your info also, top Golden Retriever since 2000 resides with clangan! All the best of breed or reserve best of breed in 2004 are all related to Clangan! Blush I think you are blur as hell in this breed and your info is similar to your vision. If I do not understand Golden Retrievers, well, I am sorry to say in Malaysia no one else does especially you!!!

Like I said, I have met many like you sour grapes, put the money at your mouth and lets see what you can do in the ring. My track records speaks for itself and I am not like you, a GR person wanna be!!! Anyway, if you are Mr. Bold Simon Yip, come and see me, you know where I am and can you be bold enough to shed some lights on your auntie's name. For your info too, to read what you had written, you sounded very childish, very blur, very angry but you are not bold, you are coward and give the definition a whole true meaning, and I like people like you, I can make you a sandwich out of yourself. Come and see me if you are unhappy, no need to talk like a loose canon with no facts in a forum who only will run you down like a frog on a highway!!!Wink If you could improve on your mannerism, I may even teach you a trick or two on how to win and produce champions!!!Sly And I hope you do not have nightmares everytime you think of me, you just need to perservere a little harder!!!

Proudly The best Golden Retriever breeder and show person,

theme of the day "Empty barrel makes the loudest noice" Wink

(This post was edited by clangan on Oct 9, 2004, 9:52 PM)

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 9, 2004, 9:21 PM

Post #21 of 44 (2967 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [sbt] lconfuse G.R....or S.Husky [In reply to]  

Hi SBT,

You are in a way right, not all champion produces champions but the blood lines are the most important. Good conformation bloodline will have higher chances of producing show dogs. It all depends on the co-efficient of in breeding in each and every dogs. I have seen guys bringing in GR from America, UK and Australia, eventually they will bow down after a couple of shows because of lack of knowledge in the breed which is so sad! Maybe some newcomer can make a change! I hope so !!

Now, many forum members and golden kaki have talk to me about bloodlines and many Golden enthusiates ask me about golden retrievers, as usual, I am a friendly person who likes to help and most of the Gr kakis some how or rather has been mentored by me about bloodlines and ways of bringing them out to become a champion, well, I will not say more unless some are keen to learn, I will let records speak for itself!!!Smile

Theme of today "champion and champion may or may not procudes champions, non champion and non champions never produces champion!"

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 9, 2004, 9:58 PM

Post #22 of 44 (2951 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [ohmybeagle] lconfuse G.R....or S.Husky [In reply to]  

Hi there,

I am glad you like what my dogs could produced, anyway, I do not charge prices that high if I do not think highly of that dog! I have sent my dogs to Thailand, Philippines and inquiries from Bahrain, Pakistan, India, Indonesia and Australia (on hold because the pup did not turm out and this is to a breeder who won Best Of breed in one of the biggest show in Australia, the Royal Brisbane show). I hope the people there could carry my legacy to a higher level, I do not envy those that could buy champions, I like those that could produce champions. You can send me e-mail at if you are interested to know more about Gr pups!

clangan

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 9, 2004, 10:13 PM

Post #23 of 44 (2944 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [kelsey] lconfuse G.R....or S.Husky [In reply to]  

Hi Kelsey,

I may like to add a little to your info since my name has been mentioned. All show conformation dogs must come from show family. Genetics is not 10% in fact it is 100%, it is then start with how well you take cares of them and whether the pups turn out to be or not will depend on your luck. Of course experience counts in selection of pups. I know some guys in that are opening a kennel running a big farm in a ware house in Puchong. they have enquired about buying bitches from me and to their dismay, I rejected some of their offers, I hope this is not the result of sabotage after that!!! Hmmm, sad! I come across people from all walks of life, many wants to have a beautiful, big bone, nice head pup but only willing to fork out a dime, well, if I could buy a BMW at a Kancil price, something must be damn wrong with the car!

I do not breed the whole year round and I cannot fulfill some prospective buyers needs and sometimes, you wanna get the best, you just have to pay more, this is an equation that cannot be overlook! I have emphasize close to a million times, there are indeed many con-man out there selling puppies, no one dares to publicly say that they give guarantees to their show propect pups, I do, I declare that in the Pet-world magazine and here I am, declaring it again. my doors are open, so talk to me! But word of caution, I only entertain the learners and not loose canons, the loose cannons, I deal with them differently, I have a beautiful reputation for that!!

clangan

ohmybeagle
Dog Kichi

Oct 9, 2004, 11:01 PM

Post #24 of 44 (2925 views)
Shortcut

Well well.....Mr Gan the Mightiest......

To tell u honestly........i was very fond of ur GRs some time back until this incident......well....having read ur article on and the article from ur good friends in UK.....i dont think i know so little about you.....perhaps u overestimated urself in terms of importance. Well well......might be true that ur gundogs are the top notch ones in the country......let me do the calculation for u......one GR...RM5000.....6 GRs RM30,000.....wow.....if u breed ur GRs more than u should then you are probably a millionaire by now......for the fact that ur GRs are all champions and they worth RM5000 each for their excellent bloodlines even u are selling to a woman that will not use that excellence to any extent......perhaps u should really consider who u are selling to......keep ur best GRs there to urself i would suggest so u can have whole bunch of champions and laugh aloud at their winning photos.....

U are not being sensible here Gan.....u sold ur champion progeny to my Aunt knowing that she will nv enter the show ring in her life(cant u tell that from her face) ??? If u have been sensible u should have told her the fact that she needed to find someone else that produces non-champion GRs as u refer for her GR........did u try to know her background at all???.....she works long hours outside and have no time to take care of the GR at all......So now the GR ended up as a spoilt brad and quite dominant at times. If it's not for that easy and huge amount of money u earn....i really cant convince myself that u werent up to that.....

yah call me childish or whatsoever......yeah i am angry but i am not blur....i am only 24 this year......so dont treat me like any uncles out there.....and u know what....for ur info....with the information resources easily available today....it's not as difficult as u think to know more about ur magnificent GR breed.....No doubt u are the boss here in Malaysia now.....but it wont be for long.......so cherish it to the last drop......u know what Gan.....i simply think that u are overwhelmed by the performance of ur GRs and u really enjoy to be the top gun here and u wont like to see others coming up to u......that's why u are selling ur pups at a high price to deter newcomers to get a pup from u and start a conquest from there......come on Gan....seriously.......what do u think that u have and what others cant achieve?? good breeder friends in UK?? around the world? ample knowledge of the breed?? Come on....if someone has the money......u might as well be his consultant and let him take over ur kennel......wouldnt you?? i guess u wouldnt....cos u are rich !!! richer than u should be....Frankly.....if i really want to fight u down.....it's at the snap of my fingers dude......no matter how.....there is a way with money and u cant deny that.....legally i mean....I still dont understand what brings u to ur conceit there.....i know many have come to u for knowledge and guidance on GRs.....but certainly not me.....cos i have the brain to work it out myself......those are just ignorant ppl out there u should know.....u are talking to a future big gun here......call me empty barrel as u wish......u will know u r wrong when the time comes......Come on Gan......give a chance to the young and green generation ok b4 u are called uncle one day......someone is going to take over from u sooner or later......it's called "feng shui takes its turn around" ...... The information age today is beyond ur imagination if u keep your feet grounded in ur superior kennel all day long.....buckle up young man......

Guess what u are going to say about me...rude...rude and just rude?? or perhaps disrespectful?? right?? check it man.....no vulgarities but true voices to you dude...yah perhaps u are right.....i dont respect u just becos u are older and most ultimately becos u dont deserve that......i am sure a conman doesnt deserve that.......Cheers

Regards,

Simon

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 10, 2004, 12:13 AM

Post #25 of 44 (2905 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [ohmybeagle] lconfuse G.R....or S.Husky [In reply to]  

Hi Simon,

I have already extend my invitation to you. Ok, I am a young man at 33, thank you for the compliment! You just mentioned you are 24, if I am young, does that make you an infant? Like I said, I have to know who your auntie is before I can clarify your curiosity? I am sure I have told your aunt about show prospects and everything. Anyway, I like you determination and I like to meet up with you. Now, why are you calling me a conman? I thought I have posted earlier about my track records and I even give guarantees to my show pups?

Yes, I agreed, I breed my dogs for myself and not because I want to make a profit out of it! This is not my intention, my dogs comes in at big huge prices and people that have intention to make money will only use mediocre dogs. I breed to choose the best for myself or my close friends that are able to show them to the fullest potential. Btw, I sell my pet qualities at RM1,800! To satisfy your curiosity. If you want to show and live up to the expectation, I may even agree to let you have one of my show pup?

I am glad you know my friends in the UK! Yes, I have quite a reputation here and there! Maybe you also know what I do for my pass time!?!Wink

Ok, lastly, I do not keep all good dogs within myself, many of my show dogs are with good people, some are not interested to show their dogs but they want to own a beautiful show dog, not all racers that owns a sport car go racing in the track! Get it? You are mis-informed! Anyway, hope to see you and your dogs in the show ring and may you win BIG-BIG!!Smile

clangan--- hi'ya, I am no Top Gun, it belong s to my good friend KKM! He is the one!!! You can call him Simon if you like!!!! I am very dissapointed with my closest allies!!!

Theme of the day, "roll with the punches, clap your hand tomorrow is another great day!"

(This post was edited by clangan on Oct 10, 2004, 1:04 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my