Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
Islam owner-injury on pup's hip-action by SPCA?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

sportyfuan
Dog Kichi

Sep 30, 2004, 8:41 AM

Post #1 of 26 (3392 views)
Shortcut
Islam owner-injury on pup's hip-action by SPCA? Can't Post

Hi,

I would like to know if my neighbour puppy is confined in the backyard all the time,including heavy shower days, with little food since the day she was adopted and her hip is injured as she tries to squeeze into the grill gate to get in the house during rainy days, can SPCA take any action against the owner even if the owner doesn't chain the puppy up? Furthermore, the owner is an Islam.Unimpressed

Thank you!

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Sep 30, 2004, 8:53 AM

Post #2 of 26 (3387 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sportyfuan] Islam owner-injury on pup's hip-action by SPCA? [In reply to] Can't Post

The owner being Muslim is immaterial.

If you have any concerns about the puppy's welfare, please call the SPCA at 03 4256 5312 and let them know so that they can look into the puppy's situation and decide if it is a cruelty/ neglect matter or just plain owner stupidity.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2004, 9:26 PM

Post #3 of 26 (3364 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sportyfuan] Islam owner-injury on pup's hip-action by SPCA? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,

to add to Gus-Gus' post, pls do have the exact address of your neighbour's house when u r calling spca, as this will save the officer some time when looking for the house...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

goldilock
Enthusiast

Oct 5, 2004, 11:06 AM

Post #4 of 26 (3327 views)
Shortcut

hah? can islam keep a dog? i tot muslim hate dogs.....

`*:·.Gö|d!lôck§.·:*´

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Oct 5, 2004, 12:10 PM

Post #5 of 26 (3326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goldilock] Islam owner-injury on pup's hip-action by SPCA? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
hah? can islam keep a dog? i tot muslim hate dogs.....

Pls read the article on the Home page about Dogs & Islam.

Not all Muslims dislike dogs and there is nothing that says a Muslim cannot keep dogs - only ignorance.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

goldilock
Enthusiast

Oct 5, 2004, 12:58 PM

Post #6 of 26 (3320 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] Islam owner-injury on pup's hip-action by SPCA? [In reply to] Can't Post

sorry i dont know about islam and i dont want to know too....

i live in malay residence for almost 20 years...and my neighbourhood is almost 80% are muslims...as i know they dont like dogs...what they love is CATS. although i know not all muslim hates dogs but i'm sure ALMOST of them hates dogs

`*:·.Gö|d!lôck§.·:*´

Khoobg
Webmaster

Oct 5, 2004, 3:45 PM

Post #7 of 26 (3316 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goldilock] Islam owner-injury on pup's hip-action by SPCA? [In reply to] Can't Post

You may want to read this article.

http://www.puppy.com.my/dogsinislam.html

We do have several members of this forum who are muslim and keep several dogs.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

sportyfuan
Dog Kichi

Oct 5, 2004, 6:21 PM

Post #8 of 26 (3301 views)
Shortcut

First of all, thank you guys for giving me your opinions. I have already emailed to SPCA and they've called me too finally. They will send their people too for further investigations. Furthermore, I have also taken down some photographs and video of the poor puppy being locked outside shedless during rainy days.

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Oct 5, 2004, 11:36 PM

Post #9 of 26 (3284 views)
Shortcut

On behalf of all dog lovers, thank you sportyfuan for taking steps to help the puppy.

thomstan
Canine Addict

Oct 13, 2004, 8:00 PM

Post #10 of 26 (3252 views)
Shortcut

bravo!!! BRAVOOO!!!!!

The one you love is the one that should take you higher

thomstan
Canine Addict

Nov 4, 2004, 11:31 PM

Post #11 of 26 (3196 views)
Shortcut

any new updates on the poor lil helpless pup?

sportyfuan
Dog Kichi

Nov 5, 2004, 5:09 AM

Post #12 of 26 (3187 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thomstan] Islam owner-injury on pup's hip-action by SPCA? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi. thanks for ur concern.

if m not mistaken, the investigator had been sent as i see some changes as well as i overheard the owner and another neighbour's conversation regarding to this. eventhough the pup is not treated like a princess, but food and water are definitely provided , morning and night. during rainy days, the pup will hide behind a big piece of plank which leans straight against the wall in the backyard. or else, the pup will go inside the house via one secret tunnel which is 'longkang' at nite then come out during daytime.Laugh not stupid, huh?

at least something was done...maybe ppl can't afford to build a kennel? who knows?

thomstan
Canine Addict

Nov 5, 2004, 7:47 PM

Post #13 of 26 (3177 views)
Shortcut

kudos! job well done! and dogs are never stupid... they have reason behind everything they do.. just that we don't understand it at times...

sportyfuan
Dog Kichi

Nov 10, 2004, 12:38 AM

Post #14 of 26 (3133 views)
Shortcut

WinkI have a new update today. or maybe i should say it's the best and luckiest day of the doggie behind my house.

Yesterday the doggie ran out from the house via the drain. As she was squeezing out, she shouted very loud until the whole neighbourhood dogs were barking as well. So I went and took a look, the owner was there but she didn't seem to care much. In fact, she did come out the small lane there to get the doggie but failed. I assumed that the doggie was way too dirty that is why the lady owner did not want to take her back. I just can't imagine how hopeless this owner is. I've been so angry since last time.

So today, I discovered that the doggie had been stuck in the drain since yesterday night. Immediately I called up spca. They came in the afternoon and finally with 2 workers' help, we managed to rescue the poor doggie.

After 48 hours,following the procedures of unclaimed dogs, I am going to adopt this poor doggie. Hopefully she can get along with my current 2 'babies' . Wish me luck!

tracky
Enthusiast

Nov 23, 2004, 5:27 PM

Post #15 of 26 (3082 views)
Shortcut

sportyfuan,

so u adopted the dog?wat dog is it?ur hrs already got 2 dog?

so totally will become 3 dog at ur house rite?pls update her status here..

ya my muslim friends said NOT cannot rear a dog...but some of unresponsible ppl trying to giv excuse... dog so sad...we can c those iraq/iran/turkey ppl r rearing dog at their home...n they love their dog oso...

i really disagree the unfriendly dog rules of the new DBKL mayor..!it is unfair to dog!!

sportyfuan
Dog Kichi

Nov 23, 2004, 11:08 PM

Post #16 of 26 (3072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tracky] Islam owner-injury on pup's hip-action by SPCA? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,

yes. i've adopted her since 1 week plus ago. she's a mixed breed. i named her Bentley. as i can see, Bentley has a really nice brown colour which is quite unique, guess she must have some good blood. getting along with my existing puppies very well. but one thing she's quite dominant and protective. probably being kept too long alone at the backyard of my neighbour. immediately i got it back from SPCA, i went straight to the vet and he said that Bentley used to be a fat dog and she actually hurt her legs (2 big patches at the side of her thighs) when she tried to climb out from the drain other day. thank God the wound is healing now.

i agree that the rules in M'sia are too rigid sometimes. but what to do? m not the legislator, nobody here is. not that muslim can't rear a dog. i have chinese muslim fren who has a nice toydog. there are muslims around who actually don give a damn nowadays. they are touching, carressing the dog, to them it's no big deal one as long as you are good hearted inside. funny thing told by them that "why wanna wash with tanah liat? wash with air sabun is cleaner! nonsense!"Laugh

May
Old Hand

Nov 23, 2004, 11:49 PM

Post #17 of 26 (3070 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Sorry for interupting but can't help when I saw your posting on Muslim dog lovers. My neighbourhood used to have a stray dog that always wait infront of a Muslim house. Apparently this Malay family (pure Malay, not a convert) has been feeding him and provide shelter for him when it rains. Last week when I walked my dog I was so surprise to see the dog on leash at the car porch. They have decided to adopt the dog .

This family has change my thinking on Muslim......at least I know not all Muslim hate dogs .

Cheers .

(This post was edited by May on Nov 23, 2004, 11:53 PM)

sportyfuan
Dog Kichi

Nov 23, 2004, 11:59 PM

Post #18 of 26 (3066 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Islam owner-injury on pup's hip-action by SPCA? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi May,

it's great to hear that. the Muslim family is really kind, compared to the neighbour living behind me. i feel myself very busybody cuz i alwiz walk around my area and sort of 'spotchecking' the dogs and puppies in my neighbourhood so to make good sure that owners don't take them for granted.

May
Old Hand

Nov 24, 2004, 12:15 AM

Post #19 of 26 (3064 views)
Shortcut

Hi...

I guess I'm lucky cos most of my neighbours are dog lovers . I walked my dog 3 times a day and when they see her they'll call and pet her. The only thing is they dun pick up after their dogs and I always have to be extra careful and keep my eyes wide open to avoid stepping on the landmines Frown.

Well, can't ask for more. Better to live with it than dealing with difficult neighbours.

Cheers .

tracky
Enthusiast

Nov 24, 2004, 6:25 AM

Post #20 of 26 (3048 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Islam owner-injury on pup's hip-action by SPCA? [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile great to hear that she is ok wit u now!Congratulation!

my neighbour all rear doggie...

my left neighbour rearing 1 puppy...

mr right neighbour rearing 4-5 dog (i dono the actualy count)

luckely both of them r good dog owner...

never smiley... never hurt dog/puppy...

keep us update about her...

spotcheck ?maybe it is good news for those puppy/doggie

liz2910

Jan 4, 2005, 11:36 PM

Post #21 of 26 (2971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tracky] Islam owner-injury on pup's hip-action by SPCA? [In reply to] Can't Post

I even heard from my friends. A doggie died and they found out she ate a food with a needle inside. They said is the malays who stay there who hate the dogs feed this food+needle to this poor dog.... OH MY....................................................Frown

mutt
Dog Kichi

Jan 8, 2005, 1:30 AM

Post #22 of 26 (2953 views)
Shortcut

By any chance do youi have an image of this DOGGIE? so damn curios to see !

sportyfuan
Dog Kichi

Jan 8, 2005, 1:58 AM

Post #23 of 26 (2949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mutt] Islam owner-injury on pup's hip-action by SPCA? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi.

She's doing fine now. Vaccinations are already given ,I assumed that the previous owner might be chicken shit to bring her to the vet for vaccinations. Bentley is just too thin. Trying to feed her chicken n cheese everyday , hoping that she'll gain some weight. Looks like she's a small eater. Any suggestion to grow my Bentley til fat fat?
Attachments: 4BTD0065.jpg (184 KB)

tracky
Enthusiast

Jan 10, 2005, 6:46 PM

Post #24 of 26 (2927 views)
Shortcut

how old r ur Bentley?look so cute....

i guess he is still shy....

increase the qty of the food?

he cannot finish the food?

giv more exercise?then only feed?

sportyfuan
Dog Kichi

Jan 11, 2005, 1:43 AM

Post #25 of 26 (2917 views)
Shortcut

hehe...Bentley is a 'she', about 9 months old (about to haf period alreadyBlush) as I started to notice her with the previous owner since last April. Anyways, I think she's almost adapted to the new environment already. Plenty of exercise cuz i let my puppies roam freely inside the house and also the compound. Small eater as in she'll eat little by little but few times a day as long as she happens to see or pass by her bowl. Yet, she doesn't have any visible weight gain. I wonder why. At least we human being haf weight gain milk powder. Don't know if there is any formulated weight gaining powder for pets? Again, I attached her clearer pic. She alwiz has the same pose one no matter how many pictures I snapped, so no difference but much clearer.

By the way, is that your puppy in the displayed picture? so cute!!!!
Attachments: 50990067.jpg (77.5 KB)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my