Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
Enter shop premise to take dog

deborah
Novice

Sep 29, 2004, 8:37 PM

Post #1 of 14 (2277 views)
Shortcut
Enter shop premise to take dog Can't Post

At around 8 am on Tuesday, 28 September, 2 MPPJ dog catchers entered a shop premise to loop a spitz belonging to the owner of the shop. This dog was inside the shop. She had her licence on. The owner who is the proprietor of the shop told the 2 guys that they cannot enter her premise to catch her dog. To cut a long story short, the dog was not taken in the end but not after much shouting at the owner from these 2 municipality persons who were simply arrogant which is a TYPICAL behaviourial pattern of dog catchers.

I know that these people cannot enter residential premises to catch dogs and I am sure this will also apply to shops. At all times, MPPJ dog catchers are so enthusiastic about "collecting" as many dogs as possible to send to PAWS that they have lost all sense of decency. I can understand if they take in strays running in the streets, homeless etc. BUT all in all in doing they job, they have to give consideration to owners who show up when they are napping the dogs. Some times it is not that the owners what to let their pets run around. Like human beings, dogs are known to run loose.

I may be ignorant or what say you, but can someone share some thoughts with me.

Mad

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Sep 29, 2004, 10:42 PM

Post #2 of 14 (2266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [deborah] Enter shop premise to take dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Good for the owner for taking a stand. The shop is private property and even if the dog was NOT wearing it's collar and licence, the dogcatcher's cannot legally seize the dog. In fact, the shop owner should report the dogcatcher's to the police for attempted theft and trespassing. And make a huge fuss in the papers. 8pm - huh, most of them knock off work at 4pm. Guess this "overtime" is what they're saving their energy for.

Many people don't think that making a police report will make any difference because the police are generally anti-dog. In fact, the police may try to dissuade you from making a police report on such a "trivial" matter. Attempted theft is a crime. If the police refuse to take your report, take the police officers' names down and demand to see the CPO. Remember, the PM is trying to stamp out police corruption, indiscipline and apathy and this is just the sort of indifference that he wants to tackle and be seen to be tackling. Making a police report (and getting a copy of the report and report no) adds to the statistics and gives solid evidence of your complaint about the crime. It's easy to pretend that a problem does not exist if there is no paperwork to back up the complaints and make it OFFICIAL that a report has been made.

Please note that is not mandatory for your dog to wear a collar and it's licence when it is on private property. However, should you have concerns that your dog may run out, then you should get a collar for your dog and attach the licence as a precaution.

Deborah, just a small point - the word is "premises". A "premise" is a supposition.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

deborah
Novice

Sep 29, 2004, 11:46 PM

Post #3 of 14 (2255 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] Enter shop premise to take dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Gus Gus, Thank you for your input. The incident happened at 8 am not 8 pm. There was actually a policeman at the shop at the time of the incident. This policeman was very good. In fact he told the guys not to take the dog as she belonged to the shop person.

With this input, I will feedback to my MP whom I called this morning. I will try from here and see where it ends. I will also tell my friend so she knows how to handle these guys because I am sure they are targetting the dogs!

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Sep 30, 2004, 12:00 AM

Post #4 of 14 (2254 views)
Shortcut

There should be more people like you and your friend and that policeman in this world. Yes, take it up with your MP. This type of theft goes on because inaction on the part of the authorities is tantamount to collusion. All the councils are well aware that the dognapping goes on but they don't care. A dog seized is one dog less on the street and if the dogcatchers can make a few bucks out of it, all the better. Most of them view the dogcatchers' "enterprise" as an incentive for them to get out on the streets.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

deborah
Novice

Sep 30, 2004, 2:01 AM

Post #5 of 14 (2247 views)
Shortcut

Further to my note posted earlier today, on dogcatchers entering premises to catch dog. The dogcatchers told the owner that he will return the next day and kill the dogs if he sees them outside. This is too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Sep 30, 2004, 6:03 AM

Post #6 of 14 (2240 views)
Shortcut

Tell your friend to make a police report and paste a COPY of the police report on her shop window, send a copy to the local council and also to the press. Who the hell does the dogcatcher think he is to tell people where their dogs can and cannot go?

deborah
Novice

Sep 30, 2004, 6:39 PM

Post #7 of 14 (2225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] Enter shop premise to take dog [In reply to] Can't Post

I called and spoke directly to the secretary of the MPPJ President this morning. Will see what they tell me.

terryf

Oct 4, 2004, 5:07 PM

Post #8 of 14 (2212 views)
Shortcut

Dear Deborah,

By all means, any authorities even police is not suppose to enter any private premises without a proper court order document, else as a minor citizen like us will have no pravicy and protected by this government.

I'm strongly agreed with Gus-gus, you should make an official report at Police department, and if they refused to take it then you could go up to higher
authorities, (they have got their pay increased, they have to works more efficiently).

TF

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Oct 22, 2004, 4:40 AM

Post #9 of 14 (2184 views)
Shortcut

this statement is just related in some minor ways.

i wonder why MPPJ are the ones that i heard of catching dogs? i wonder why others are not doing the same? i live in KL and there must be about 8 stray dogs in packs about 200 meters away from where i normally walk my dog. i think it's 3 female and 5 male as u can always see who is humping who!:)

also there are 5 extra super strong stray dogs at our friend's place in rawang. the dogs wander around next to a public clinic and trash the dump all the time, and the nurse actually throw away HIV test results, use syringes, medication and such. these dogs actually eat those..so they must be full of steroids already. ironically my friend has been calling the council to catch the dogs for 10 times, cause they are terrorizing his cats but they never came. "quote"anjing kat situ sangat garang, banyak pulak tu. lontar batu je kat dia org" can ahh like that!Smile

i think if MPPJ can venture out of PJ, they can easily catch 10 dogs a day for 3 days straight!

thomstan
Canine Addict

Nov 4, 2004, 11:53 PM

Post #10 of 14 (2073 views)
Shortcut

any updates on this issue deborah?
would like to know what will the authorities do about all this cases...

The one you love is the one that should take you higher

deborah
Novice

Nov 8, 2004, 6:48 PM

Post #11 of 14 (2054 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thomstan] Enter shop premise to take dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Thomas

My complaint letter was to MP Chew May Fun. Apparently her office has forwarded my letter to MPPJ. Not a sound from MPPJ todate. Typical or what?

Deborah

thomstan
Canine Addict

Nov 8, 2004, 8:11 PM

Post #12 of 14 (2048 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Thomas

My complaint letter was to MP Chew May Fun. Apparently her office has forwarded my letter to MPPJ. Not a sound from MPPJ todate. Typical or what?

Deborah

well... you can't expect much from those people that works in those kinda places... very typical... that is why the standard of malaysia is still where it is since 20 odd years ago... vision 2020 it seems... *sigh*

The one you love is the one that should take you higher

ROSANNAMCCALL
Novice

Dec 19, 2004, 9:14 AM

Post #13 of 14 (1822 views)
Shortcut

Hi Deborah,

Am following your case closely... any updates?
Rosann

deborah
Novice

Dec 20, 2004, 6:08 PM

Post #14 of 14 (1802 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ROSANNAMCCALL] Enter shop premise to take dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Rosann

May I know what is your interest in this case?

Deborah

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my