First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

msdhillon
Novice

Sep 27, 2004, 1:49 AM

Post #1 of 58 (5656 views)
Shortcut
A gallimaufry of facts Can't Post

Dear all

I have been reflecting on all that has been said, done or commented upon in so far as Paws is concerned – both in this forum and elsewhere on the net where some private email is being publicly posted. It would help if those indulging in such postings would first ask the authors whether it would be ok to do so but then that would be asking for too much. Wouldn’t it? And perhaps that would not meet with avowed motives, apparent and otherwise!

Something bothers me. Where were some of those now raising cudgels earlier? And why now? Paws has been at the same site for years. It has quietly got on with the work of caring for abandoned animals and without any fanfare. No accolades have been given or asked for. The entire committee consists of volunteers. We take in anywhere in the region of 200 to 400 animals [dogs, puppies, cats & kittens] in a month. We have a very low adoption rate and that is typical of animal shelters where everyone who comes in looking for a pet to adopt wants a perfect animal. Animals from the shelter make excellent pets [all 5 of mine were abandoned animals – one aging matriarch, one blind dog plus one dumped cat and two discarded kittens] but animals from shelters are seldom perfect.

Paws could be better. But name me one shelter which could not do with improvements. Money is always a concern. Paws gets no government funds and survives entirely on donations, in one form or another. We have made ends meet and have managed to save a decent amount for the building of a new shelter when we get that appropriate piece of land. I am confident that not one cent of the donations coming in has been frittered away needlessly by ANY member of the Paws Committee.

Granted Paws has not filed returns for several years but this is not through lack of effort. The Committee will accept responsibility for this or any other delay but as I have explained previously we have called for AGMs where a mere handful turn up and nobody comes forward to serve on the committee. That, I grant, is no excuse for any shortcomings but is a factor that I ask you to bear in mind when you stand up to criticise. We will shortly hold an AGM and explain all things. And then stand down if that is what the members want. There is, I assure you all, no mileage gained in staying on in the Paws Committee and certainly no great benefit. Our motives have been nothing but altruistic. We have been moved to stay on and continue for the sake of the animals. However, as this forum has shown, no two persons care for animals in the same manner or style even where it comes down to how many animals must be put down and who decides and even how are the animals put down are dealt with. Believe you me it is difficult to put down even one animal, leave alone hundreds. The very act of doing so leaves you denuded – if you understand what I mean.

But there is in all this cyber debate a bigger question that you all must ask. There are presently, to my knowledge, two registered animal shelters in the Klang Valley – SPCA & Paws. But there is no statutory bar or limitation on the number of such shelters or societies that can be set up. All you need is a group of people to get together, form a pro-tem committee, do a constitution and apply for registration. It costs very little and requires minimal effort. Do that if your heart is set on running a shelter – build a new one, make it after your heart’s desire, make it perfect and show the rest of the world what you can do. Why if some of you think that Paws is so really run down are you so obsessed with ‘shadow cabinets’ and web campaigns to ‘take over’ Paws when it is so easy to set up a brand new shelter. Can someone out there really tell me what mileage there is in taking over an allegedly ‘rundown’ shelter which all your soothsayers are saying is in a perilous situation?

Or am I missing something in this takeover attempt?

Manjeet

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 27, 2004, 7:51 AM

Post #2 of 58 (5604 views)
Shortcut
A collectanea of thoughts [In reply to] Can't Post

"... Or am I missing something in this takeover attempt? ..."

Perhaps you are ... Smile

Really ... the issue here is PAWS, and not whether another shelter should or should not be constituted ... That really is another issue, and ought not to detract from PAWS ... or what PAWS represents ...

" ... Something bothers me. Where were some of those now raising cudgels earlier? And why now? Paws has been at the same site for years ..."

People grow ... people & generations come of age ...

So what if issues which should have been raised before are only taken up now? ... Surely, the question is whether the same circumstances & situation continue to exists ... and if so, the "cudgels" remain no less relevant today as they would have then. If the same circumstances continue to exist, contemporaneity remains.

Also there is always that possibility that these issues have been raised before ... but were perhaps not heard ... maybe the voices weren't loud enough before ...

Instead of asking "Why now?" ... perhaps the question is "Why not now?" ... This is as good a time as any.

" ... However, as this forum has shown, no two persons care for animals in the same manner or style even where it comes down to how many animals must be put down and who decides and even how are the animals put down are dealt with. Believe you me it is difficult to put down even one animal, leave alone hundreds. The very act of doing so leaves you denuded – if you understand what I mean ..."

On the issue of euthanasia ... indeed I do understand what you mean. There is no easy or convenient answer to that question.

But there is nothing worrisome about the different views being offered in forum. Certainly it is neither amiss nor strange for members of this forum to see things from different perspectives ... That we are all not of one mind, could very well be our strength ... For it is through this exchange ... we present, we argue, we debate ... and ultimately, hopefully, we all learn ...

" ... Granted Paws has not filed returns for several years but this is not through lack of effort. The Committee will accept responsibility for this or any other delay but as I have explained previously we have called for AGMs where a mere handful turn up and nobody comes forward to serve on the committee. That, I grant, is no excuse for any shortcomings but is a factor that I ask you to bear in mind when you stand up to criticise.

That we have "shortcomings" is a disposition of human existence, from which none of us are excused ... The pertinent question for PAWS is ... will PAWS rise from its shortcomings and seek remedy?

That we take your side into consideration before we criticise? ... Certainly we must, but let us examine what has been posted so far:

"... There has been delay in submitting the society’s accounts to the RoS but occasioned by various factors none of which caused any financial loss to the society ..."

"... has not filed returns for several years but not through lack of effort" ...

"... The Committee will accept responsibility" ...

Sorry ... but there isn't much to go on.

Well, maybe as an officer of a society there are constraints as to how much information can be made known in an open forum.

But do consider this ... if all is as you say ... that PAWS is in reasonable financial health ... that all money is properly accounted for ... that the "factor" why AGMs have not been called was for lack of interest ...

There is interest now ...

With the following earnest sentiments:

" ... And then stand down if that is what the members want. There is, I assure you all, no mileage gained in staying on in the Paws Committee and certainly no great benefit. Our motives have been nothing but altruistic. We have been moved to stay on and continue for the sake of the animals ..."

Then all that the Committee has to do is ...

(a) Update PAWS's membership roll ... (i) Rectify all previous errors (if any) with regard to membership and membership applications. (ii) Then expeditiously, properly & judiciously consider all outstanding membership applications, and approve, register and inform all new members of PAWS. (iii) Effectively receive new membership applications and deal with them as in (ii).

For good faith ... post a deadline on this forum ... so that all interested can apply for PAWS membership well in time for the forthcoming AGM or EGM.

(b) Finalise PAWS's accounts ... If all money issues are in order, this ought not to pose any serious problem.

Again for good faith ... post the deadline on this forum as to when accounts will be ready for submission and inspection by members of PAWS.

(c) Fix a date for PAWS's AGM or call an EGM.

Post the date for the AGM or EGM (if possible, with agenda), on this forum.

If PAWS requires any assistance with any of the above, post here - am sure there are many who will assist without charge.

As for the question: " ... Can someone out there really tell me what mileage there is in taking over an allegedly ‘rundown’ shelter which all your soothsayers are saying is in a perilous situation? ..."

... To make it better ... would be a good answer and reason.

Cheers

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Sep 27, 2004, 8:35 AM)

msdhillon
Novice

Sep 27, 2004, 7:50 PM

Post #3 of 58 (5535 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] A collectanea of thoughts [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for your views. Perhaps you would now care to append a name to your views.

Manjeet

Liz Tay
Dog Kichi

Sep 27, 2004, 9:29 PM

Post #4 of 58 (5514 views)
Shortcut
Re: [msdhillon] A gallimaufry of facts [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks to surchinmy for addressing the issues so eloquently and so reasonably. He/she really says it all but I just felt that shouldn't be a reason for us all to sit back and remain quiet or it may appear that few others support those views.

AGM

In reality an AGM really is the only way to put PAWS back on track. As for calls for action, they are not new by any means. Many different people have had and voiced similar concerns many times over the years but not always in writing or so publicly. In that respect this forum has probably achieved a new level in PAWS awareness for a broader, although still limited, audience. And presumably if AGMs had been held regularly, all this would have been aired and dealt with at those instead.

New and old Societies

As for Mr Manjeet suggesting that people could set up new animal shelters/societies rather than bothering with PAWS – of course they may, but that really isn’t the answer and is certainly defeatist. So many dreams, so much effort and sweat have been put into PAWS over the years by so many people, right back to 1986. Just talk to some of the original members who actually planned and set up the place and then see if you dare say that PAWS should be closed down or left muddling along as it is. The shelter is truly a sorry shadow of its’ former self. The spirit, energy and vision of the founding members comes alive when you talk to them, making it doubly difficult to reconcile their experiences of running the shelter with the reality of standards and attitudes at PAWS now, and certainly making it more difficult to turn your back on the animals’ plight.

It seems to be hard for the committee to believe that there are not ulterior or sinister motives behind those urging change. It is a sad fact that all too often committee positions (in many societies) ARE sought and used to climb a social ladder or for other selfish reasons. But, for PAWS, I personally believe there are many more people who simply want the animals to be cared for as well and humanely as possible. And each of us has varied skills and ways of contributing towards that, each being necessary and valid. By no means does everyone want to be on the committee itself (indeed most do not) but surely no amount of energetic and well-meaning souls can achieve much if the leadership is not strong, active and positive. The present committee has been in charge for a long time. They have surely had sufficient chance to utilize their energy, skills and connections to put their own dreams for PAWS into action. At the AGM the members can decide if it is time for a new team to take on the mantle and hopefully throw their fresh energy into it.

For me, I would be so happy to see PAWS begin to return to its’ former (believe it or not, Malay Mail award winning) glory, whoever the leadership. The challenge is the same, no matter who is in charge.

Nothing is guaranteed by holding an AGM but it would be the correct and democratic way of calling the committee to account (as all societies must do) and giving members the chance to influence PAWS future course - hopefully before the bulldozers do.

Liz

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 28, 2004, 10:24 PM

Post #5 of 58 (5384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Liz Tay] A gallimaufry of facts [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Thank you for responding ... Smile

You are correct, in that we ought not to sit back and remain quiet ... not if we wish PAWS to be a place of shelter for the abandoned and lost ...

Cheers

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 28, 2004, 11:06 PM

Post #6 of 58 (5377 views)
Shortcut
[ALL] A POLL & PLEDGE [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello all ...

You have read the posts ... many of you have been to PAWS ... some of you already volunteer at PAWS ... and we all love our dogs and cats ... or we wouldn't be in this Forum.

At one time or another, in one way or another, we (or most of us) have also had our gripes about how animal shelters are run.

Maybe it's time we stop being the silent majority and stand with our furry friends ... With thoughts, minds & hearts as one, let's see what can do ... together!

I would like to suggest a POLL & PLEDGE ...

If PAWS agrees to update its membership roll and then call for an AGM or EGM ... how many people out there are prepared to pledge their support of PAWS?

POLL & PLEDGE

FORUM NICK OR NAME: ... (In keeping with the nature of this Forum, forum-nicks will suffice, but the choice is yours).

INTEREST: (a) Am not interested ... (b) Am interested.

If interested, please continue ...

POSITION:

(a) PAWS Membership: (i) Am existing member of PAWS, (ii) am prepared to apply for membership in PAWS and/or (iii) am prepared to offer services (if elected) as Committee Member.

(b) Others: ... please state.

PLEDGE:

(a) Am prepared to donate to PAWS:
  • (i) In cash, (ii) in kind, or (iii) according to PAWS's wish-list.
  • (i) As needs arise, or (ii) regularly.
(b) Am prepared to volunteer time at PAWS: ... (i) As needs arise, or (ii) regularly.

(c) Others: ... Please state.

This is very much an honour pledge. There is obviously no way to force people to keep or maintain their pledges. But if PAWS plays its part by accepting new members & updating its membership roll, and calling for an AGM or EGM, it is hoped that those who participate will honour their pledges. If sufficient members participate, we can organise a way to collect the pledges.

*** Just copy, paste & post ...

Hope to hear from all of you ...

Cheers

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Sep 28, 2004, 11:32 PM)

ant
Novice

Sep 29, 2004, 10:17 AM

Post #7 of 58 (5191 views)
Shortcut

Dear all,

I think Mr Manjeet has responded well. We have been bugging PAWS to have an AGM which they have promised now to have which is a good thing.

But it appears that some people out there want more and have initiated a so-called "poll."

This really sounds like a joke to me because a "poll" like this is very manipulative.

Why are we trying to antagonise the PAWS committee? How is this going to help the animals? Shouldn't we be trying to win thier hearts instead of making hate us?

It's very clear to me that there are OTHER MOTIVES and AGENDAS at work here - not just the purported one to save the animals.

Yes, Mr Manjeet, I agree with you fully. If those of us who aren't happy with the way PAWS has been run so far - and I am clearly one of them - we should start thinking about starting another animal shelter.

Heaven knows that Malaysia needs as many as we can get!

Let me also say that I think as non members of PAWS, some of the things that some people are trying to do is really unfair to the society, especially if we are non members.

Whether we like it or not, we have no business poking into thiers! At best, we can only write letters of concern to the President.

I think it is only right for present members of PAWS to pursue such matters with the committee - not outsiders.

Quite frankly, some of us appear to be not really interested in PAWS but rather to get at certain individuals at PAWS - the President being the main target.

I will have nothing to do with a cause that is trying to do this.

ant

dodo888
Dog Kichi

Sep 29, 2004, 12:11 PM

Post #8 of 58 (5188 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ant] A gallimaufry of facts [In reply to] Can't Post

ant Title: New User Status: Registered User Registered: Sep 17, 2004, 11:59 PM Posts: 3 (0.3 per day) Real Name: No name entered. Location: No location entered. Breed Of Dogs Own: Rottweiler, Alsatian and Golden Retriever Number Of Dogs Own: Three

Hi everyone.

the above info is self explainatory. Mr/Mrs Ant, is a friendly party of Mr Manjit.

msdhillon Title: Novice Status: Registered User Registered: Sep 17, 2004, 1:53 PM Last Logon: Sep 28, 2004, 8:47 PM Posts: 14 (1.2 per day) Real Name: No name entered. Location: No location entered. Local Time: Sep 29, 2004, 3:33 AM

its amazing such a cheap trick can be expected to fool everybody. mr ant aka mr m. speak with both mouths. one from the top. another from the bottom. but nevertheless, they all speak the same voice albeit mr m speak abit of french or latin.

if mr ant is not mr m. then...for no reason mr ant popped up and registered the same day? and suddenly mr ant managed to read all the posting with regards to paws and within a few hour have a hang about it and decided to take side for mr m despite all the posting by various past, present or future volunteers for animals shelter at paws?

some example....

I think Mr Manjeet has responded well

-pls hi light what u think mr m had responded well? which posting? and what makes u think ur opinion carry weight in light of so many opposing voice?

But it appears that some people out there want more and have initiated a so-called "poll."

-want more? what is more? asking for an AGM and audited accts which had not been done for the last 7 years is more?

This really sounds like a joke to me because a "poll" like this is very manipulative.

-joke? mr ant aka mr m is a joke to me... a poll like this is very manipulative? pls design one which is not manipulative for surchimy and all of us. a poll is to gather opinion and seek improvement. what motive do u have for trying to stop ppls fr taking this initiative? what have u done to help in this particular case beside leaking s?

Why are we trying to antagonise the PAWS committee? How is this going to help the animals? Shouldn't we be trying to win thier hearts instead of making hate us?

- antagonise the paws committee? do u know any of them? how many of them? how many of them show up at the shelther to help? none! none show up to help. according to the workers there, none of the committe turned up at paws as far as they can remember.

is this going to help the animals? is keeping silent going to help them? have u visited paws? in ur opinion how is paws being run? shouldnt we try to win thier hearts instead of making (them) hate us? sounds like we live in a communist country...pls tell all of us here how to win their heart. btw have u read all the posting by the volunteers and see what they had done? part of it in getting their cooperation which didnt happened. shall we buy hampers, chocolate, aiscream, or maybe KFC to win thier heart? or something even more exotic like a holiday to mauritius or hawaii..... or maybe introduce galfriend or boyfriend to them i donno. maybe u have a better idea.

It's very clear to me that there are OTHER MOTIVES and AGENDAS at work here

-yes its very clear mr ant posting here have other motives and agendas...to be the opposition. maybe u should learn fr mr LKS or his son mr LKY in a more democratic manner. namely to talk abt facts and gather opinions one of which way is to have a stupid poll like u commented.

Yes, Mr Manjeet, I agree with you fully. If those of us who aren't happy with the way PAWS has been run so far - and I am clearly one of them - we should start thinking about starting another animal shelter.

-oh yes, mr m let me kis ur s......

-so why did we have a govt election this year? bcos we want to choice the govt we r happy with. according to ur logic, if we r not happy with the country we live, we should start thinking about starting another country??? do u like what u look? or do u like what u have? have u ever thought of throwing your head aways and start growing another one? just becos u dont like how ur look. infact, u will buy make-up, or go for face changing plastic surgery. but ur head is in general, still intact. becos no matter how shallow u r, u wouldnt want to throw it away. just like those who volunteer at paws, some for years. putting blood and sweats and time in an unpaid, dirty, dangerous job, why? let me tell u, they love the animals there. they go there despite all the unwelcome remarks. but for ur case, u can continue to start thinking abt another animal shelter.

Let me also say that I think as non members of PAWS, some of the things that some people are trying to do is really unfair to the society, especially if we are non members

Whether we like it or not, we have no business poking into thiers! At best, we can only write letters of concern to the President.

-oh....we have no business? most of us are not only volunteers, we are DONORS!!! without us, where is paws? we can only write letter to president? if we have no business, why should we write letters of concern to the president? pls be logical. btw, in your opinion, does a donor has the right to know abt where the donations had gone? write to president? p.o.box? they had closed it silently years ago. so no letter can reach them.....

I think it is only right for present members of PAWS to pursue such matters with the committee - not outsiders.

-in the many years operation of paws. and countless ppls had apply and paid for membership. only abt 8 is legalised member, the rest, they are not members SIMPLY bcos members need to be approved by agm, which had not been ONE in the last 7 years......good try mr ant.

coconutasia
New User

Sep 29, 2004, 9:37 PM

Post #9 of 58 (5072 views)
Shortcut

NAME: Naomi
INTEREST: (b) Am interested.
POSITION: Paid for membership and awaiting acceptance
PLEDGE: cash through the running of the PAWS website plus any writing or brainstorming

NOTE TO MANJEET AND THE VOLUNTEERS

There is so much debate on the future of the PAWS charity and whether this Ant member (or any other person who disagrees with what some of the volunteers are pushing for) is in fact a real person, pseudonym or not, ALL opinions are allowed to be expressed on a forum like this as it is called having a debate. But all this arguing to and fro means very little when what still hasn't changed is the situation at PAWS centre itself. I have personally written to Mr Manjeet asking about when an AGM can be set and it seems to me that the sooner he gets on the phone to the other members of the committee and arranges one, so the better. They are obviously all talking on the phone together about the issue of the "renegade" volunteers so why can't they also talk about an AGM date when all of this can be settled once and for all? Nobody likes this ugly fight between people who really do all want the same thing, that is, the continued restoration of PAWS to its former glory and the establishment of a new site along with better equipped kennels and facilities etc. Surely it can't be too difficult to gather everyone together under one roof (or meet in a restaurant etc) for a few hours one evening or weekend?

I think it would be far better to clear the air as it were and allow this meeting to happen sooner rather than later before the situation escalates and more disgruntled members of the public/press etc come on board. And it CAN be a positive AGM meeting if there is a strict agenda of what needs to be talked about and adequate time for new members to air their views, voting of committee members worked out etc. So let's all not get so childish and waste too much more time blowing hot air and accusing each other of underhand things, let's just MEET and start working together for the good of the charity. I think it unlikely that PAWS has ever had so much support from so many varied members of the public before, all that people-power and brain-power put together ought to be able to achieve something really great for the animals.

So Mr Majeet I do hope you have read this and can phone your friends on the committee once more to arrange a date and a place to visit, then post it on this site for all to see and join in. If this doesn't happen soon there is nothing stopping the volunteers from organising their own alternative PAWS EGM "rally" to discuss in person what can be done to help the charity. Of course the committee members should be invited to attend so they can see how many people really care and what good work is being done on behalf of the centre.

People need to be assigned tasks like trying to secure funding or land from big companies, datuks, royalty etc (surely there is some VIP with a couple of acres of land to spare for the sake of a good cause?? It is only a matter of ASKING). Get the press involved to help publicise the cause and to help legitimise it - you never know who will be reading who can help out, maybe some rich Saudi prince on holiday in KL will want to donate? What about Petronas? There are many potential fund raising sources if only we all put our heads together to think and then get on with contacting them. I don't think the press should really be drawn into a fight scenario between committee and volunteers as this will only breed more contempt on either side and detract from the urgent issues.

If anybody wants me to write, send faxes, emails etc or help draft official begging letters etc I am available . . .

lotus2801
New User

Sep 29, 2004, 10:50 PM

Post #10 of 58 (5052 views)
Shortcut
Polling on ... [In reply to] Can't Post

1. FORUM NICK OR NAME: surchinmy
INTEREST: Am interested.
POSITION: Am prepared to apply for membership in PAWS.
PLEDGE: Am prepared to donate to PAWS: (i) In cash, (ii) in kind, or (iii) according to PAWS's wish-list. Occasionally, as needs arise.

2. FORUM NICK OR NAME: boon
PLEDGE: Am prepared to donate to PAWS: (i) In cash, (ii) in kind, or (iii) according to PAWS's wish-list. Occasionally, as needs arise.

3. FORUM NICK OR NAME: minglmy

4. FORUM NICK OR NAME: yuanyuan

5. FORUM NICK OR NAME: Liz Tay
POSITION: Am a member of PAWS
PLEDGE: Am a volunteer and also organise small sponsorship projects by schools/individuals.

6. FORUM NICK OR NAME: phoenix

7. FORUM NICK OR NAME: cynhor
INTEREST: Am interested
POSITION: Applied for life membership in PAWS.
PLEDGE: Volunteer at PAWS. Have donated in kind, and am prepared to give more time to improve operations. Run projects.

8. FORUM NICK OR NAME: a_evie

9. FORUM NICK OR NAME: pei02

10. FORUM NICK OR NAME: kathleen.tay
POSITION: Am prepared to apply for membership in PAWS(provided things are more transparent ie. membership application and financial situation)
PLEDGE:Have donated in kind ,spent time with the animals, bathe them and create awareness by occasionally telling ppl to adopt from PAWS and to volunteer there too.
A Dog Never Lies About Love

11. FORUM NICK OR NAME: Bom Bom

12. FORUM NICK OR NAME: ainey

11. FORUM NICK OR NAME: lotus2801
PLEDGE: Am prepared to donate to PAWS: (i) In cash, (ii) in kind, or (iii) according to PAWS's wish-list. Occasionally, regularly. Will volunteer on special projects from time to time.

LS
Novice

Sep 29, 2004, 11:39 PM

Post #11 of 58 (5032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dodo888] A gallimaufry of facts [In reply to] Can't Post

Dodo dodo dodo ,

It is also self explain that you are a supported of Cynhor...

I agree with Ant ....

'It's very clear to me that there are OTHER MOTIVES and AGENDAS at work here - not just the purported one to save the animals.'

Dodo dodo ... one of the OTHER MOTIVES is to promote this website lah.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 29, 2004, 11:51 PM

Post #12 of 58 (5020 views)
Shortcut

POLLING ON ...

PLEDGE: Am a volunteer and also organise small sponsorship projects by schools/individuals.

PLEDGE: Volunteer at PAWS. Have donated in kind, and am prepared to give more time to improve operations. Run projects.

POSITION: Am prepared to apply for membership in PAWS(provided things are more transparent ie. membership application and financial situation)
PLEDGE:Have donated in kind ,spent time with the animals, bathe them and create awareness by occasionally telling ppl to adopt from PAWS and to volunteer there too.

13. FORUM NICK OR NAME: lotus2801
PLEDGE: Am prepared to donate to PAWS: (i) In cash, (ii) in kind, or (iii) according to PAWS's wish-list. Occasionally, regularly. Will volunteer on special projects from time to time.

14. NAME: Naomi
PLEDGE: cash through the running of the PAWS website plus any writing or brainstorming.

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Sep 29, 2004, 11:51 PM)

anna_kys

Sep 30, 2004, 12:34 AM

Post #13 of 58 (4877 views)
Shortcut

PLEDGE: cash through the running of the PAWS website plus any writing or brainstorming.

15. FORUM NICK OR NAME: Anna_KYS
POSITION: Am prepared to apply for membership in PAWS only if PAWS can confirm on the membership turnaround time for approval/rejection. I have no itention to wait forever not knowing the status of my application.
PLEDGE: Am prepared to donate to PAWS: (iii) according to PAWS's wish-list. Regularly.

makkok
Novice

Sep 30, 2004, 2:30 AM

Post #14 of 58 (4848 views)
Shortcut
Re: [anna_kys] Polling on ... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

POSITION: Am prepared to apply for membership in PAWS only if PAWS can confirm on the membership turnaround time for approval/rejection. I have no itention to wait forever not knowing the status of my application.
PLEDGE: Am prepared to donate to PAWS: (iii) according to PAWS's wish-list. Regularly. 16. FORUM NICK OR NAME: makkok or YTChong

(This post was edited by makkok on Sep 30, 2004, 2:35 AM)

ant
Novice

Sep 30, 2004, 3:15 AM

Post #15 of 58 (4819 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LS] A gallimaufry of facts [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear LS,

I don't know who you are but I just wanted to thank you for your support. I very much appreciate the fact of your neutrality over the issue.

I am also happy to note that you appreciate my neutrality over the issue too.

Not many people, I'm afraid, can see this. Just because I support PAWS on some things, they think I am firmly behind them all the way.

ant

Zazi
Novice

Sep 30, 2004, 4:49 AM

Post #16 of 58 (4797 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makkok] Polling on ... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

PLEDGE: Am prepared to donate to PAWS: (iii) according to PAWS's wish-list. Regularly. 16. FORUM NICK OR NAME: makkok or YTChong
PLEDGE: Am prepared to donate to PAWS: (i) In cash, (ii) in kind, or (iii) according to PAWS's wish-list. Occasionally, as needs arise. 17: FORUM NICK OR NAME: ZaZi
POSITION: Have applied for membership in PAWS pending approval.
PLEDGE: Am prepared to donate to PAWS: (i) In cash, (ii) in kind, or (iii) according to PAWS's wish-list. Occasionally, as needs arise. 18: FORUM NICK OR NAME: Phillipa Yoong
POSITION: Have applied for membership in PAWS pending approval. PLEDGE: Am prepared to donate to PAWS: (i) In cash, (ii) in kind, or (iii) according to PAWS's wish-list. Occasionally, as needs arise. 19: FORUM NICK OR NAME: Rajesh Gill

sasa
Enthusiast

Sep 30, 2004, 5:37 AM

Post #17 of 58 (4793 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Zazi] Polling on ... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

PLEDGE: Am prepared to donate to PAWS: (iii) according to PAWS's wish-list. Regularly.

16. FORUM NICK OR NAME: makkok or YTChong

17: FORUM NICK OR NAME: ZaZi

18: FORUM NICK OR NAME: Phillipa Yoong
POSITION: Have applied for membership in PAWS pending approval. PLEDGE: Am prepared to donate to PAWS: (i) In cash, (ii) in kind, or (iii) according to PAWS's wish-list. Occasionally, as needs arise.

19: FORUM NICK OR NAME: Rajesh Gill

20: FORUM NICK OR NAME: sasa

BOWIE I MISS YOU!!!

LS
Novice

Sep 30, 2004, 5:54 AM

Post #18 of 58 (4785 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sasa] Polling on ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey this is good. 20 have pledge. Ok don't just cakap only. It is easy to just post a pledge.

Lets see action man.

All that has pledge be at PAWs this Sunday at 9:30am sharp. Come and volunteer, come to donate. You have set a pledge, proof that you can leave up to what you have pledge. Cancel all other meetings and appointments. Be at PAWs. I don't mean go there and bang tables, or go there and talk about PAWs. Go there and volunteer. Use your hands to bath the dogs, clean the poops, walk the dogs, play with the dogs, take care of the cats . Do not use your hands to bang tables, gesture displeasure etc... Use your mouth not to talk about the AGMs but use your mouth, words to talk to the dogs and cats. No they can't understand you but the tone of your voice (kind tones please) talking to them will make a world of difference. I dare all that has pledge (Yes all 20 of you) to be there this Sunday and do what you have set your pledge to do. I can bet not even 1/3 of you will be there. I can bet even the 1/3 that will be there will talk about the committee of PAWs. Dare yourself to walk in there, volunteer and not utter a word of complain but just say nice things to the dogs and cats. See if you can do it. Even if you are outstation drive all the way here to do what you have pledge.

LS
Novice

Sep 30, 2004, 6:07 AM

Post #19 of 58 (4778 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LS] Polling on ... [In reply to] Can't Post

And don't use the excuse that there is no AGM so you won't be there. Remember we are doing this for the dogs and cats. Just be there to proof how sincere you are. Maybe when the new committee takes over you will need to find a new excuse for not being there.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2004, 8:17 AM

Post #20 of 58 (4752 views)
Shortcut

POLL ON ...

POSITION: Am prepared to apply for membership in PAWS (provided things are more transparent ie. membership application and financial situation)

16. FORUM NICK OR NAME: makkok or YTChong

17: FORUM NICK OR NAME: ZaZi

18: FORUM NICK OR NAME: Phillipa Yoong
POSITION: Have applied for membership in PAWS pending approval.PLEDGE: Am prepared to donate to PAWS: (i) In cash, (ii) in kind, or (iii) according to PAWS's wish-list. Occasionally, as needs arise.

19: FORUM NICK OR NAME: Rajesh Gill

20: FORUM NICK OR NAME: sasa

21. FORUM NICK OR NAME: doginkl
Position: Am prepared to apply for membership in PAWS
PLEDGE: In cash, in kind, or according to PAWS's wish-lists as needs arise, volunteer, can help in orgainising events to raise funds for PAWS.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2004, 8:21 AM

Post #21 of 58 (4747 views)
Shortcut

You are such a funny person ... TongueCoolSmile ... remember to use an umbrella when it rains ... and don't let your feet get wet.

Cheers

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Sep 30, 2004, 8:21 AM)

LS
Novice

Sep 30, 2004, 4:44 PM

Post #22 of 58 (4724 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Polling on ... [In reply to] Can't Post

By the way, those that can't bring themselves to PAWs for ego's sake, then there is another shelter that you can go to. SPCA. So meet there this Sunday and do all you have pledged.

propadollah
New User

Sep 30, 2004, 5:10 PM

Post #23 of 58 (4710 views)
Shortcut

Your crystal ball says it all. Perhaps you have missed this thread: www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=158434;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=2944350

LS
Novice

Sep 30, 2004, 5:10 PM

Post #24 of 58 (4710 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Polling on ... [In reply to] Can't Post

By the way again, I am not saying all this to be funny! I am serious. The idea is that we have to leave up to what we have said and be honest with ourselves. To proof not to anyone else but yourself that you can do what you have pledge. So do it this Sunday (if will do good to the dogs and cats at PAWs or SPCA if you prefer). If you can I salute you if you can't then it is time to take the mirror out and look at yourself again before you pledge. (don't worry I have done that myself).

Liz Tay
Dog Kichi

Sep 30, 2004, 6:27 PM

Post #25 of 58 (4673 views)
Shortcut

Dear LS and all would-be volunteers for PAWS,

personally I think pledges are good, positive energy so don't mock it. And volunteers shouldn't be either put off or motivated only by challenges. Come because you want to. Once or regularly, all are welcome.

Just a reminder - volunteers are welcome any day at PAWS (8.30 to 4pm including public holidays) No need to come altogether unless to take on a major cleaning or other project which needs it. In some ways it is good to come at different times so the animals get a spread of attention, not just a blitz on a certain day and then nothing.

There is a rather tatty but still readable notice on the wall of the office which gives ideas for tasks for volunteers who are not sure what to do -so everyone's talents and interests can be used. All is equally valuable whether it be cleaning enclosures, bathing, walking or cuddling and playing with the animals. (I remember reading on one of Cynhor's old posts about all this and but can't remember where I saw it)

Oh, and about Sunday - isn't that anyway the puppy.com day at Bandar Utama Park?

Liz

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my