Pet Expo Show in March

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

luckey
ALPHA

Jan 26, 2003, 9:17 AM

Post #1 of 62 (4939 views)
Shortcut
Pet Expo Show in March Can't Post

Hi Arthur, Khoo, Riccaval (and others)...

Really want to take part in the March shows... but the thing is Luckey wouldnt like the judge feeling her up and looking at her teeth... so conformation show probably out of the question for her.

But there are obedience trials too, but lowest class is pre-novice and Luckey will onyl start her prenovice course in mid Feb ... show in March... you think that would be too soon for her to enter?

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 26, 2003, 10:42 AM

Post #2 of 62 (4935 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Pet Expo Show in March [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there! i've just received the entre form for the coming competition and now, i am not sure if i want to let jaz to compete.. she was shedding for a period and only now, her new coats are slowly showing... so she might look abit 'botak' there...Crazy. I know how it is like fearing that your dog might snap at the judges.. that's why every now and then, i'll try opeining up her mouth to show her teeth.. just let her get use to it.. incase she enters the competition.. perhaps you can try to let your dog get use to ppl looking at her teeth and feeling her bones.

arthur
ALPHA

Jan 26, 2003, 8:48 PM

Post #3 of 62 (4930 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jennifer,

Most of what you have learnt in CGC will be repeated in the pre-novice trails. Of course the requirements will be stricter. Take a look at what will be tested in the list below and spot what would be the challenging for Luckey. Concentrate on that and with your confidence, I don't see why you and Luckey should not qualify.

For Pre-Novice, the following will be tested: (This is summary form, I have the full detailed version if required)

Heelwork (40pts) - Walking on leash with handler,normal pace. The team (ie. you and the doggie) will be judged on your responses to these commands: Forward,Halt, Right turn, Left turn,Stand & About turn. Next would be the figure of 8 heelwork.

Stand stay (on leash) (10pts)- The dog is to stand steadily beside the handler on a loose leash and not show undue resentment or shyness. Move forward and stand your dog on order from judge. Both of you stand in this position while the judge circle no less than 1 meter around.

Recall (on leash) (20pts) - Sit the dog, walk about 6 ft in front, call the dog. Dog comes and sits in front of the handler, handler issues the finish command, dog moves behind the handler to resume the heel position on the left side.

Sit stay (off leash) (15pts)- Sit the dog, remove the leash, issue the stay command, leave the dog, walk about 20ft away, about turn & face the dog. Wait 30sec. Return to the dog and resume the heel position. The dog's front paws should NOT leave contact with the ground. (otherwise the dog would automatically be disqualified!)

Down stay (off leash) (15pts) - Same as sit stay above except you down the dog before moving away. Wait 1 minute. Dog should NOT stand up otherwise it'll be auto disqualified. Dog can shift about but the body must NOT leave contact with the ground.

Passing mark is 70 for pre-novice.

Hope this helps. Rdgs Arthur

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 26, 2003, 11:44 PM

Post #4 of 62 (4928 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Pet Expo Show in March [In reply to] Can't Post

hi arthur,

are u gonna compete in intermediate trials?

arthur
ALPHA

Jan 27, 2003, 1:11 AM

Post #5 of 62 (4924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Pet Expo Show in March [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Hunter,

Nah..Pepper will not be going for the intermediate trails. Still not even 50% thru yet for the intermediate level training. Maybe next year. Smile

Rdgs Arthur

luckey
ALPHA

Jan 27, 2003, 2:01 AM

Post #6 of 62 (4921 views)
Shortcut

Hey thanks for that! Maybe I'll enter and then see how it goes with the training. Cool What does your full-detailed version consist of? Would be helpful if you don't mind - thanks so much!

So if say you get over 70 marks, but you don't come in the top placings and don't get a prize, do you get cert to say your dog has passed that level? How does this work?

And there is no official title for your dog unless he/she reaches Intermediate level? (CD)?

What classes are you entering and with which dogs?

arthur
ALPHA

Jan 27, 2003, 2:39 AM

Post #7 of 62 (4920 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jennifer,

The full detailed version are taken from the handbook. Will post it up later.

The first 4 teams with the highest points for that level will get 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th prize respectively. All who score above 70 will qualify and will be awarded a certificate stating so.

And yes, there will be no official title for your dog until it qualifies the intermediate level and above..

Have not decide which doggie to enter yet. Maybe all 3!Smile

luckey
ALPHA

Jan 27, 2003, 6:57 AM

Post #8 of 62 (4913 views)
Shortcut

all three? how cool! will they all be handled by you, or by sharon as well?

Riccaval
ALPHA

Jan 27, 2003, 8:08 PM

Post #9 of 62 (4902 views)
Shortcut

Jenn, dont give up so fast on the conformation show part for Luckey......stding on the table and be fondledTongue by the judge is only a part of it. If she is well structured and moves like a dream give her a chance........probably what she need is more training on the table and getting her use to being touched more often. Still not late for the March show..start training her like NOW everyday, morning and evening. If she doesnt do well in March it'll still be good experience for you and Luckey. You have to start somewhere.Cool

luckey
ALPHA

Jan 28, 2003, 4:07 AM

Post #10 of 62 (4887 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Pet Expo Show in March [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for all the encouragement... maybe you're right... i guess we've come some way - she can at least stack now... but now got to get her used to being fondled and stuff!! Will start practising...

But hey, if she bites the judge, and gets disqualified, that doesnt ban her from obedience trials does it?

ricky
Enthusiast

Jan 28, 2003, 11:08 PM

Post #11 of 62 (4871 views)
Shortcut

Hi Luckey,

your dog so stunning, hope to see you in March show.
friendly,
RicKY

luckey
ALPHA

Jan 29, 2003, 4:07 AM

Post #12 of 62 (4859 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ricky] Pet Expo Show in March [In reply to] Can't Post

awww... you so sweet. Well I agree, but then again that's me talking Tongue hehe

Your dog even more stunning - really looks like a show dog! What classes are you putting him in next show?

ricky
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2003, 11:10 AM

Post #13 of 62 (4849 views)
Shortcut

I will entry him to puppy class.and i think you dog also in same class, issin it?

maybe we will fight in puppy group if we are lucky win 1st in each of our breed class.

see you there
friendly,
RicKY

serene_kwlim
K9 Maniac

Feb 7, 2003, 1:14 AM

Post #14 of 62 (4827 views)
Shortcut

Dear luckey,

I was wondering can we take our furkid to the pet expo if we didn't enter any dog show there?

regards,Blush
Serene Lim
My furkids: Jamie & Max.

Jamie's WebSite
GSD Owner? Pls add in!

Jamie's Dogster
Max's Dogster

luckey
ALPHA

Feb 7, 2003, 8:25 AM

Post #15 of 62 (4819 views)
Shortcut
Re: [serene_kwlim] Pet Expo Show in March [In reply to] Can't Post

yes i think that is fine, as long as you dont take your dog too near the ring if your dog barks or distracts the other dogs... but i know gina nad biscuit are leading a team of furry cheerleaders. Wink

luckey
ALPHA

Feb 7, 2003, 8:39 AM

Post #16 of 62 (4818 views)
Shortcut

hehe... yeah i think luckey would be puppy class (she'll be about 8 months then).

Yeah would be nice for her to get something, but hard to fight with your dog lah... your dog so beautiful Wink !!

Still trying to get her comfy with other people opening her mouth to look at her teeth though. Do they look at teeth much in puppy class?

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 7, 2003, 9:03 AM

Post #17 of 62 (4816 views)
Shortcut

hi luckey,

have u participated in dog shows b4?

so what do u actually do when you're there..? stack (is that similar with "stand" in obedience), show teeth, run around the ring?

sorry. no knowledge about dog shows. please help :D

ricky
Enthusiast

Feb 7, 2003, 10:30 AM

Post #18 of 62 (4814 views)
Shortcut

Hi luckey,

We will meet up in MINE lah.hahaha
Anyway, how was the gathering of cocker spaniel??
friendly,
RicKY

Riccaval
ALPHA

Feb 7, 2003, 7:37 PM

Post #19 of 62 (4810 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Pet Expo Show in March [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Hunter,
I see u r getting interested in dog shows. The best way to get started is to go to a few shows first as observer and to get a feel of the atmosphere.
A good idea to get a catalogue as important informations are available. After that if u feel thats something u want to do contact some show ppl who are puppy.com members and you'll be on your way. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to guide u.
Good luckLaugh......make sure u attend the MIPE shows next month.

(This post was edited by Riccaval on Feb 7, 2003, 7:46 PM)

luckey
ALPHA

Feb 8, 2003, 12:52 AM

Post #20 of 62 (4801 views)
Shortcut

Havent hd the cocker gathering yet... waiting for you!

ricky
Enthusiast

Feb 8, 2003, 3:20 AM

Post #21 of 62 (4798 views)
Shortcut

hi Luckey.
I tot the gathering will be organize by you?
friendly,
RicKY

Remy

Feb 9, 2003, 12:01 AM

Post #22 of 62 (4789 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Pet Expo Show in March [In reply to] Can't Post

I am very new in Malaysia. I showed for over 20 years and also judged in the USA. I also taught conformation handling classes for owners for many years. I showed Boxers and French Bulldogs and was lucky enough to have several homebred champions.

However, I would very much like to get some information on the upcoming dog show at the Mines. I live quite close to the venue. I also have one very nice Frenchie bitch - my last show dog. Can anyone give me some information. I have emailed the several times but have received no response. I would like to know the schedule and who is judging. Whatever info anyone out there would be willing to impart. Does the have a general membership? If so, how does one join? ETC. Is it too late to enter for the March show?Thanks in advance.

Also one more question - does anyone know of a GOOD boarding kennel in the area. My email address is joolzep@hotmail.com THANKS, THANKS, THANKSLaugh

When I go to Heaven, if there are no dogs and horses there, then I want to go where they go!

arthur
ALPHA

Feb 9, 2003, 7:38 AM

Post #23 of 62 (4786 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Remy] Pet Expo Show in March [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Remy,

Welcome to the forum and thks for putting up the short, informative intro about yourself.

There will be 2 shows in total spread over 2 days at the same venue beginning at 9am.

Mar15, Saturday - 3rd MIPE ABC Show. Utility group judge:Dr.Passiri Nisalak (Thailand)

Mar16, Sunday - 4th MIPE ABC Show. Utility group judge: Mr.P.S.Chatterjee (India)

First closing date: 15Feb03 at normal fees of RM30 for 1st dog, 1st class entered. Each subsequent class RM10.

Final closing date: 01Mar03 at Late Entry fees of Rm50 per dog in addition to the normal fees.

No entries will be accepted at the show days.

To show your dog, you must be a MKA member and your dog must be registered with the. For imports, the registration usually takes a while for all the paperwork to come thru. But a praf.import registration is also acceptable. Please contact MKA at 03-7729 2027 or 7729 7822 for further details. If you hurry, you might still be able to meet the dateline.Smile

Rdgs Arthur

Remy

Feb 10, 2003, 3:16 AM

Post #24 of 62 (4774 views)
Shortcut

Thank you for the info. I think I will probably just attend the shows in March in order to familiarize myself with the Malaysian shows. I do want to see the Boxers and Frenchies though and will call MKA to see if they have a schedule yet. I doubt it if the entries have not yet closed, but I can check closer to the time of the shows. I am looking forwart to the events. I have judged in the USA, UK and BVI and Malaysian shows will be a new experience for me. It will be nice to see some nice dogs again. Thanks once again.

When I go to Heaven, if there are no dogs and horses there, then I want to go where they go!

luckey
ALPHA

Feb 10, 2003, 5:39 AM

Post #25 of 62 (4771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Remy] Pet Expo Show in March [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Remy, welcome to the forum !

I see form your profile you are also into horses... wonder if we've met? The riding community in Malaysia quite small. When did you come to Msia?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my