Pet Expo Show in March

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Riccaval
ALPHA

Feb 27, 2003, 12:58 AM

Post #51 of 62 (1804 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Pet Expo Show in March [In reply to] Can't Post

Haha...you like to volunteerLaugh, anyway my boys will be there too. As for pre-novice trial, not this time maybe the next show and depends on Jo.
No Bostons this time as my show bitch decides to play momCrazy

As for agility, so far I cant recall seeing any agility demonstration by MKA in our shows before but I have seen the Police K9 demo before in one of the AKU shows.
Unlike overseas u can get flyball contest, frisbee demo. No way in M'sia not in the near future anywayUnsure

luckey
ALPHA

Feb 27, 2003, 5:51 AM

Post #52 of 62 (1797 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Pet Expo Show in March [In reply to] Can't Post

hehehe... would love to volunteer, but don't think luckey would like me to get near other doggies though! she's bad enough when brinkley tries to come give me a hug LaughWink

ooh flyball would be fun! maybe we should organize a flyball party!! like the agility one we had, but this time flyball. we can get everyone to teach their dogs to FETCH and JUMP before coming to the party so they are a bit used to the idea.., what you think?

cdmoo
ALPHA

Feb 27, 2003, 6:00 AM

Post #53 of 62 (1795 views)
Shortcut

hi Luckey,

I'm all in! Though Rex is a bit heavy, he does jump & fetch too..

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

luckey
ALPHA

Feb 27, 2003, 6:10 AM

Post #54 of 62 (1794 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Pet Expo Show in March [In reply to] Can't Post

oh cool! maybe we can do it after the MIPE - what do you think? Could we have it in your territory again?

Each person can bring a jump and we can set up two lines and have two teams... everyone should have a jump set, since they will be using it to get their doggie used to the idea at home.

ginl
ALPHA

Feb 27, 2003, 6:18 AM

Post #55 of 62 (1793 views)
Shortcut

Actually last couple of days i set up 2 jumps at home for Biscuit and threw a toy over them, he jumped and fetched but that is at home, outside it'll be a different story lol....but it's a great idea and it has been awhile since the dogs take a dip inside the lake....hhmm flyball...they hv a lot of consecutive jumps....mine can do 2 jumps in a row...more than that i doubt it but it'll be interesting to see! Cool

luckey
ALPHA

Feb 27, 2003, 6:29 AM

Post #56 of 62 (1790 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Pet Expo Show in March [In reply to] Can't Post

We could have different classes... we could start off with an easy class, with 2 jumps, then have novice, intermediate and advanced classes, where the advanced class has 5 jumps. The dogs can all start off in the easy class, then those who want to attempt the more difficult ones coz their dog is good can do so...

The humans can form a barricade line on either side of the chute of jumps so the dogs dont try to dish out of the chute...

cdmoo
ALPHA

Feb 27, 2003, 6:35 AM

Post #57 of 62 (1788 views)
Shortcut

hi Luckey,

Sure. My territory ..Smile .. ? No problem. What u mean by 'jump set' ? Aren't we on the subject of flying frisbee? Crazy

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

luckey
ALPHA

Feb 27, 2003, 6:48 AM

Post #58 of 62 (1786 views)
Shortcut

on the subject of flyball... its a relay race ... i think the way they usually run it is with 4 dogs on a team, there is a line of jumps in a row, and the dog has to jump the line, trigger a box to let go of a ball, then jump back down the line with the ball in his mouth... thent he next dog starts.

Check out this website for details:

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/...net/news/flyball.htm

or

http://www.flyball.org.uk

We can do a variation of this sport, by having less jumps in a row, and instead of the dog jumping down the line himself, triggering off the ball releaser and then jumping back up the line, we could do it simpler:

Either: dog has to run down the line without anything in mouth and when touch finish line, next dog in team starts

Or: can chase a frisbee down the line, but to catch the frisbee gotta first jump down the line...

Or: if our dogs are seriously not trained enough for an offlead flyball, owners can run along side the jumps or even jump the jumps with their dogs.

wkser
ALPHA

Feb 27, 2003, 7:05 PM

Post #59 of 62 (1779 views)
Shortcut

hi jenn,

count nous in he can really jump...he enjoy catch and fetch very much........Wink...usually in US flyball contest..... most of the dog taking part are border collie......

regards
kangser and nous

(This post was edited by wkser on Feb 27, 2003, 7:08 PM)

ginl
ALPHA

Feb 27, 2003, 8:18 PM

Post #60 of 62 (1775 views)
Shortcut

Or we can throw a tennis ball over the jumps to motivate the dog to fetch the ball....throwing frisbee may be a bit hard coz the frisbee might fly off sideways and the dogs will run out of position.....i saw the flyball contests on tv before and the dogs just cudnt wait to start running over the jumps, all barking and pulling ahead to be released!

cdmoo
ALPHA

Feb 27, 2003, 8:50 PM

Post #61 of 62 (1772 views)
Shortcut

hi Luckey,

Thks, for the info. ..Checked the URL.. did not know this is called 'FlyBall'. Blush I've seen it a few times on TV though ..

Anyway... I'm doubtful our dogs would know what to do Crazy.. ..I think it will turn out to be a hilarious day. Sly

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

luckey
ALPHA

Feb 28, 2003, 7:22 AM

Post #62 of 62 (1758 views)
Shortcut

hehehe better bring loads of cameras that day Laugh

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my