Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
What is the best cure if a dog have a cold?

cdman
Novice

Oct 18, 2001, 11:00 PM

Post #1 of 7 (3208 views)
Shortcut
What is the best cure if a dog have a cold? Can't Post

I heard that human antibiotic pill can help if a dog got a cold., is that true? Or are they any other method?

Derrickok
Novice

Nov 9, 2001, 9:54 PM

Post #2 of 7 (3194 views)
Shortcut
Re: What is the best cure if a dog have a cold? [In reply to] Can't Post

U posted this question on the 18th last month. By now if your dog had a cold, mother nature would have cured him.
In the first place, what makes U think or suspect that your dog had a cold? Or are trying to find out what U should do in future if your dog had caught a cold?
A dog seldom catches a cold. Never use antibiotic unless it is endorsed by a Vet. I can name you a handful type of antibiotic that are very potent but do you really need it. Antibiotic is the last resort to any ailment. Once administered, you have used up your last trump card. Surely a common cold do not require nuke weapons. Perhaps Panadol one tablet twice a day for three days should do the job.

laysiew
Novice

Nov 9, 2001, 11:50 PM

Post #3 of 7 (3191 views)
Shortcut

You should never ever treat your dog with Panadol.
The dosage might be too strong and not suitable to be taken by a dog. Anyway, Panadol is only prescribe to human.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Nov 10, 2001, 2:08 PM

Post #4 of 7 (3180 views)
Shortcut

I thought it is okay for dogs to take panadol?? Don't dogs use the same medicine for some ailments as humans only in smaller dosages...?? That's what I thought anyways...Cause I remember I took my doggie to the vet once and he gave me a cream I could have bought from any pharmacy ...

Derrickok
Novice

Nov 10, 2001, 5:12 PM

Post #5 of 7 (3177 views)
Shortcut

The BEST medicine I think at this moment of time is subject closed, because (a) Whose dog has a cold? (b) We are all speaking as a layman (c) There are qualified Vets in town to attend to this ailment (d) the use of drugs and medicine on dogs is very subjective.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Nov 10, 2001, 11:28 PM

Post #6 of 7 (3171 views)
Shortcut

Well, mind you...this is a forum. Users are allowed to share their opinions. Besides that, dun try to act smart. If you are smart please try to be humble.

Derrickok
Novice

Nov 11, 2001, 6:58 AM

Post #7 of 7 (3170 views)
Shortcut

Point taken Anonymous. I don't know who the hell you are. What I was trying to hightlight is that the use of medication for dog with a cold is getting controversial and before any smart Alex like you trying to turn this forum into a quarrelling session,it is hardly considered being helpful and constructive!!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my