Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
mange on ear tips

spotty
New User

Jan 25, 2003, 7:41 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2317 views)
Shortcut
mange on ear tips Can't Post

Unsure There are these crusty thingy around my poor spotty's ear tip. Last week, it was just a small spot but the thing has already spread wider with thicker crusty thingy. I got the info from Net that it's called 'MANGE'. I noticed that my spotty always scratch all over his body... even after I've sprayed Frontline spray. Most probably the mange are over his body 'cuz I also noticed he got a few bald spots on his body.

I also noticed his scrotum is quite pinkish. I'm not sure if it's normal. He is already 2 years old and I don't think that the scrotum is still pinkish.

As visiting vet will be very expensive and difficult for me to bring my spotty to the vet (as I don't have a car), pls give me some of your advice on how to get rid of the mange. I truly appreciate it if anyone could reply asap. Thanks so much!!

ginl
ALPHA

Jan 25, 2003, 8:35 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2310 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spotty] mange on ear tips [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Spotty,

I think it's best if u take him to the vet for a diagnosis....scratching may also be due to a lot of other reasons eg. fungal infection or allergies....for mange u need the vet to do a skin scraping and look under the microscope to determine whether there are indeed any mites....my dog had demodex too last time....and if it is indeed mange then u need to get treatment frm the vet, there are a few options for treating mange...either weekly mange bath or periodic injections.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my