Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
howling and peeing!!

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jan 24, 2003, 10:19 PM

Post #1 of 16 (3591 views)
Shortcut
howling and peeing!! Can't Post

my young ECS (3 months old) will pee (lai liu) whenever she sees me when i'm back from work everyday. she'll jump jump jump and splash her wee wee all around. sometimes she even jump on her Ng Ng (poo poo). what shall i do?? Unsure will she aprove later?

another 2 yo ECS will howl when the old news paper collector's van passes with the sound (bim bim bim..... sau gau pou ji!!!!) and he'll sing along "AAHH WOOOOO..................." my mom will yell at him at shout "sau seng!!" (shut up!).

any good ideas??

Mak

luckey
ALPHA

Jan 25, 2003, 7:55 AM

Post #2 of 16 (3578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] howling and peeing!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hmmm. dont know. never had these experiences b4 with our dogs... although birnkley used to like eating poopoo, but she's grown out of it... she's figured there are far tastier things to feast on. Now we have a new problem... our furkids don't want to eat theri dinner until we have had ours, coz while we eat dinner they wait by the table and only eat when they knwo there is no chance of getting human food scraps...

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 25, 2003, 10:48 AM

Post #3 of 16 (3575 views)
Shortcut

hi..

i once read from an article that van's honking sound, sirens and noises like that tend to sound like a howl to the dogs.... maybe your dog is reacting to the "howl" by howling back?

don't worry about the howling though.. last time in my neighbourhood, whenever the oldnewspaper man passes by, all the dogs at every house will howl at the same time... very eerie feeling, but i think it's an instinct in dogs or something to do so... i dunno.

as for wee weeing... perhaps your dog is excited? after all, she's still a puppy mah. i'm not sure le.. maybe someone else more experience in this forum could clear our doubts.. i'd wish to know too!

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jan 28, 2003, 10:59 PM

Post #4 of 16 (3564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] howling and peeing!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smilehi, that's the point. she's over excited everytime she sees me.

naugty
Novice

Feb 7, 2003, 9:33 PM

Post #5 of 16 (3546 views)
Shortcut

This happen to my dog too... they will howl like crazy and its damm irritate me when the paper man pass bye or those lorry man selling pillow or bed which open up their speaker loud loud which make them howl .... all my neighbour's dog also the same... really piss off with those paper man and pillow man...Mad
NauGtY

makrawl
Canine Addict

Feb 7, 2003, 10:34 PM

Post #6 of 16 (3544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [naugty] howling and peeing!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Unsurewell, don't be pissed off with the man, they r just trying to make a living.Smile actually i don't mind when they howl, just try to make it "low" and try not to irritate my mom. she's "pantang" of howling. u knowlah, base on those scary stories that those old days when a dog howls. just try to make everyone happy. by the way, what's the breed of your "wow wow"? Smile

Mak

naugty
Novice

Feb 8, 2003, 9:11 PM

Post #7 of 16 (3534 views)
Shortcut

well mine its a Rottweiler and another its a mongreal!
NauGtY

makrawl
Canine Addict

Feb 11, 2003, 12:19 AM

Post #8 of 16 (3523 views)
Shortcut

Smilei also got a mongreal last time. she was far more obedient and intelligently higher than my ECS now. so, don't look down to mongreals coz they can be very out standing too! i guess u would agree with me.Angelic

naugty
Novice

Feb 14, 2003, 10:02 AM

Post #9 of 16 (3507 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Smilei also got a mongreal last time. she was far more obedient and intelligently higher than my ECS now. so, don't look down to mongreals coz they can be very out standing too! i guess u would agree with me.Angelic
Yeah i agree with u... too bad one of my mongreal was died because he bitten by my uncle dog so call american mongreal which is a big breed like a black labrado... they is no bleeding on his neck and my dad said maybe he twisted his neck and he jz past away after that day... Frown
NauGtY

makrawl
Canine Addict

Feb 14, 2003, 5:31 PM

Post #10 of 16 (3505 views)
Shortcut

Shockedwhat? aiyo...... sounds terrible. make sure those dogs are on leash when u bring your dogs there as not all dogs are friendly to other dogs. be careful next time

Dar
Dog Kichi

Feb 16, 2003, 8:54 PM

Post #11 of 16 (3490 views)
Shortcut

Rotti howling! Mine did when he was a few months old but not know. I read somewhere (may be here too) that howling is a way of communication among dogs that are lonely but I don’t know about howling at old newspaperman.(got hantu oh what in the van)Wink My Izac (rotti) barks at people who he has marked as “terrorist” the list includes postman metereaders and children who “bark” at him when Izac is his cage. But this can be stopped, Izac stops when we give him the Q to do so. Newton our bigger dog (GSD X Akita) barks at people too (but never howling) stops barking after a Q too. I think your dog is calling out to his friends to go after the newspaperman…..now listen to this I know of a Dobe (when to rainbow bridge ) he use to howl every time the “bang” (the call for Malays to pray) sounds. He was living near a mosque.

makrawl
Canine Addict

Feb 17, 2003, 8:47 PM

Post #12 of 16 (3477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dar] howling and peeing!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Shockedwow....... my my, maybe the dog wants to be a muslim!!LaughSly (joking joking)

well, still my dog howls to the van these days. nothing much i can do but now i'm focusing on my mother to clean her mind from those cerita karut.

Mak

makrawl
Canine Addict

Apr 3, 2003, 2:22 AM

Post #13 of 16 (3430 views)
Shortcut

now my dog is 5 months old. i let her out during the day time. when she's at the cage (with an outdoor compound) she'll pee and poo at the right place. but now whenever i let her out and play in the garden, she'll pee poo everywhere. but when she is near to the cage, she'll go back there and pee on the plastic board.

maybe is the area is too big for her that she decide to pee somewhere else coz "tak sempat or what?"

any idea?

kaerb

Apr 8, 2003, 9:23 AM

Post #14 of 16 (3411 views)
Shortcut

hi...I had a similar experience with my dogs as well, the peeing part. I think its called excitment pee...the thing we did was everytime we come back (after like 8hrs out) ..we acted like we can't see the dogs...like they weren't even there kinda thing. Yeah, they did yelp and jump, but we just ignore all their nonsense and keep saying sit. Until they sit, we will keep on ignoring them. It seems to work though, I think they kinda figure out by being overly excited with the jumping and the pee , is not gonna get them anywhere. When you act excited upon seeing your little precious, like talking in a adoring way, or bending them to greet them with a hug..they tend to get carried away with it, and pee uncontrolled.
can't blame them though...they love you too much!!!

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 8, 2003, 5:24 PM

Post #15 of 16 (3409 views)
Shortcut

My older dog used to do that - but only at the vet!! He would drop a bit of poo on the floor or pee the moment he sees the vet but when we're waiting he's ok. Anyway, I think he recognises the smell of the vet cause each time we take him there he starts whining. But I"ve never heard him howl b4. And he's taken a disliking towards the newspaper man, the gas man, the post man, the electricity man, the rubbish man, the grasscutter....but only when they come in or near to our house. The moment they walk pass to our neighbour's house, he shuts up, goes back inside and continues to watch tv....like saying "OK humans, I finished my job."

makrawl
Canine Addict

Apr 22, 2003, 2:02 AM

Post #16 of 16 (3366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] howling and peeing!! [In reply to] Can't Post

yesterday i was really gone insane (vomit blood). i caught my 6 months old pup was about to poo on the wrong place and i cried out "hold!" and carry her to the plastic board that i've ready for her to do her business. guest what? she just sit there and look at me with an innocent face. then five minutes later, i thought her "desire" was gone (becouse i ka ka cau cau). then i let her go. the moment she step down from the board, she squat" again! then i quickly put her in again and watch, and same as the first time, she gave me an innocent face. at last, i let her go and immediately she poo!!! i was holding her front legs and ran back to the board but it was too late as during the running, she "leaved her tracks" all along the way! (the story of the candy house fairy tales?! yucks Pirate).

sign, there no nothing clearer that i'm really a stupid dog owner.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my