Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
intro

mikemcyap
Novice

Feb 25, 2002, 12:04 AM

Post #1 of 7 (2862 views)
Shortcut
intro Can't Post

I am a student who is interested in dogs, especially Boxers and Belgian Malinois. Pointers are also nice but they are better off in a country environment rather than a city. My family has a Spitz which is quite old -- over 10 years -- but still fit. I noticed that there does not seem to exist a comprehensive directory of dog breeders in Malaysia that one can refer to. The Malaysian Kennel Association website does not have such information. Rather disappointing, as one can easily find such information in the US and UK.

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 25, 2002, 1:35 AM

Post #2 of 7 (2858 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemcyap] intro [In reply to] Can't Post

ThankQ Mr.Yap. Welcome to the puppycom forum.
Please do not have the impression that we are snobs or stuck-up members. In fact we are far from being such.
However, I am one of the grass-root members and it has become a policy of mine that before I exchange ideas,views and information to new members, I always wanted to make sure I am not talking to an imaginary person or shadow.
Perhaps you could please tell us more about yourself such as which state are you from;e.g. Selangor,P.J. Subang Jaya, or Ipoh? I also noticed that you write and speak good English, which could only mean that you are a student attending Colleges. If you don't mind, share some of your bio-data with us.
I think what you are looking for is in the attchments. I will come back to you later.
Regards.
Attachments: pointer.jpg (44.6 KB)
  untitled.jpg (50.3 KB)
  Malinois.jpg (46.9 KB)

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Feb 25, 2002, 3:43 AM

Post #3 of 7 (2846 views)
Shortcut

Hi and welcome to puppy.com! I agree, Pointers are nice and very elegant-looking dogs. the website does not have much information about breeders etc and breed standards. Compared to the AKC website, it is seriously lacking in content. You're a student too? Great! College or still in sec.school?

mikemcyap
Novice

Feb 25, 2002, 3:53 AM

Post #4 of 7 (2845 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] intro [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello, Pyro.. yes, the website is lacking on info. There is a Breeders' page under construction and I've been checking every now and then. But it seems to be perpetually under construction :(

BTW, I'm doing post-grad studies presently.

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Feb 25, 2002, 6:59 AM

Post #5 of 7 (2831 views)
Shortcut

It's been under contruction for more than a year! Crazy Fortunately we have Puppy.Com for more updated info and interaction!

-= Tisha =-

jason
Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2002, 7:06 PM

Post #6 of 7 (2817 views)
Shortcut

Hello Mike, nice to meet you here and welcome to the forum!

I am a post-grad too and would like to know more about you Tongue! May be you could add your info in your profile or tell us here in the forum?

Anyway, please feel free to join any discussion here and good luck!

Regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

mikemcyap
Novice

Feb 25, 2002, 8:54 PM

Post #7 of 7 (2810 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason] intro [In reply to] Can't Post

Jason, go to the section "Dog and Puppies Talk / General / Boxers" -- I have some Qs on Boxers for you.

(This post was edited by mikemcyap on Feb 25, 2002, 9:41 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my