Home: Poll: Suggestion for POLL Topics:
Dog Park

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 16, 2004, 10:49 PM

Post #1 of 22 (3433 views)
Shortcut
Dog Park Can't Post

Due to so many place which has restricted dogs, what about a dog park of our own?

How many of you would agree on developing a fenced up dog park where our babies could walk off leash around the 10000 -20000 sq.ft area with other activites for them?
Cheers,
Wern Nee, Piggy Puggy and Spooky Spiky

jerome
Enthusiast

Sep 18, 2004, 11:36 PM

Post #2 of 22 (3327 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wernnee] Dog Park [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree! I agree! Aku sokong!!! Hehehe, would love to see leeloo bonsai run around off leash!!

musashi
ALPHA

Sep 25, 2004, 8:08 PM

Post #3 of 22 (3129 views)
Shortcut

I agreed and will suppot this suggestion ? But where have such empty land in KL/PJ ?

Blush I am the man with dog's name

MisterStan
Doggyman

Sep 26, 2004, 12:18 AM

Post #4 of 22 (3124 views)
Shortcut

i 100% agree.maybe puppy.com can apply for a empty land to be doggy park since there are no doggy park ekekeke. Smile but hope not costly ekekeke. Tongue

Sydney
Doggyman

Sep 26, 2004, 12:20 AM

Post #5 of 22 (3120 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Dog Park [In reply to] Can't Post

they sure can use a play ground but must cut of the grass first. Instead of buying an area, why cant we use an area?

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

MisterStan
Doggyman

Sep 26, 2004, 12:24 AM

Post #6 of 22 (3119 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] Dog Park [In reply to] Can't Post

that is because a playground is meant for children to play. and 'some' people might complain about bringing dogs in to the park/playground.

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 27, 2004, 6:48 PM

Post #7 of 22 (3099 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Dog Park [In reply to] Can't Post

Musashi : I actually noticed a lot of empty land at OUG and maybe Bukit OUG.

Stan and Sidney : The govt. has got so many playground. Stan, I was thinking of just getting one of their so many playground strictly just for dogs. Not too sure how can this work tho.

and of course we need a lot of support from dog lovers to make this work!
If respond are good then will consider about proposing something.
Cheers,

MisterStan
Doggyman

Sep 27, 2004, 11:42 PM

Post #8 of 22 (3086 views)
Shortcut

hi wernnee

yeah there are lot of playground. but not sure if can make these playgrounds for dogs only. you know lar, m**aysia.......

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 27, 2004, 11:50 PM

Post #9 of 22 (3085 views)
Shortcut

Stan,

Thats why have to propose for one. If cannot then have to buy our own land. But how many actually support on this? And how many willing to pay for maintenance if needed?
Cheers,

MisterStan
Doggyman

Sep 27, 2004, 11:56 PM

Post #10 of 22 (3080 views)
Shortcut

getting an empty land to be a doggy land might be a bit difficult. the land can be fenced up so that dogs cannot run out and play in compound (for safety). maintenance can be quite high, and not many people would be support and willing to pay. Frown

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 28, 2004, 12:06 AM

Post #11 of 22 (3079 views)
Shortcut

Hence this thread!

At least I would like to know how many people willing to pay for the dog park every month.
Maybe 50 bucks a month?
I am sure everybody can afford 50 bucks a month for their dog to have a park where they can off leash em' and use all the agility stuff. Even have all the doggie things in our dog park. You can host any gathering you like... your own kinda breed gathering or birthday party for your dog, training program at that our very own park. And anything that has to do with dog at that park. It would be so convenient and hassle free for all us.

BUT issue is how many willing to pay?

Now... not much respond to this though so far. Hmmm....... Looking bad
Cheers,

liswarhol
ALPHA

Sep 28, 2004, 4:37 AM

Post #12 of 22 (3070 views)
Shortcut

hi,

contribution time......hahaha.

ok, seriously i think that there's a need have a dog park of our own...dont think govt will spend $$$ on this issue lor.

am sure when it comes to paying, many dont mind paying lor but we're also looking at how much to pay. if it's just for like entrance fee, think it's ok. have to educate the dog owners about this $$$ thingy is to support the place n overhead cost. this place cannot be a charity venue as no one's funding on it!

cheersWink
cheers : lisa,hiley & jadite

Bailey

Sep 29, 2004, 5:33 PM

Post #13 of 22 (3036 views)
Shortcut

This is just my 5 cents worth on this issue. Maybe we can appeal to any of the puppy.com members out there who has a piece of empty land to lease that piece of land to a group of members (we can maybe form a subcommittee on this)/or to puppy.com (who can oversee this). If I understand it correctly there should be around 6000 members of puppy.com and if each one can contibute RM10.00 on a monthly basis... imagine what we can do with that amount - pay for the rental of the land, buy equipments etc. But then maybe those members staying outside the Klang Valley may not be so keen to do contribute as they will not get the opportunity to use the park on a regular basis. But I would think there should be sufficient members in the Klang Valley to get this going.

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 29, 2004, 7:43 PM

Post #14 of 22 (3030 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bailey] Dog Park [In reply to] Can't Post

Chris,

Yeah... If it's RM10 a month is poissible but again depends on how many members are willing to pay. If we have at least 1000 members for this, it will sure work. Less than that would be a hassle.

There's a lot thing need to be mantain at the park each month for instant a cleaner. And of course if there were extra money, we will move on to the 2nd, 3rd and how ever many dog park we can have around klang valley.

BUT IS ANYBODY WILLING TO PAY for the sake our best friend?!?!?!?!
Cheers,

musashi
ALPHA

Sep 29, 2004, 10:04 PM

Post #15 of 22 (3022 views)
Shortcut

Hi Wernee,

I don't mind to pay RM50 or RM10 a month as long as there is a piece of land can let our dogs run free and play & can go as often as we like...Sly

Blush I am the man with dog's name

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Sep 29, 2004, 10:15 PM

Post #16 of 22 (3018 views)
Shortcut

HALO taro is here!! taro is a playful pig.. how can he left out???? 4 legs up!!! hehehe....

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!
THE BULLDOG STATION **drop us a visit **
PHOTO ALBUM : PUPPY.COM & OTHERS
Ref: Pg 18; 19

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

yuanyuan
ALPHA

Sep 29, 2004, 11:23 PM

Post #17 of 22 (3015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bull Lover] Dog Park [In reply to] Can't Post

vv follow taro... 4 legs up toooo

**YY(Yuanyuan aka Erica), VV (Eevee Daphne) & DD (Edy Skippy) with loves**

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Sep 29, 2004, 11:33 PM

Post #18 of 22 (3010 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yuanyuan] Dog Park [In reply to] Can't Post

so we will have 8 more legs lu.. hehehhe hope can work out lah..

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!
THE BULLDOG STATION **drop us a visit **
PHOTO ALBUM : PUPPY.COM & OTHERS
Ref: Pg 18; 19

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

Bailey

Sep 30, 2004, 1:50 AM

Post #19 of 22 (3006 views)
Shortcut

Honestly, RM10.00 or even RM50.00 a month is spare change to most people.. The biggest problem we will face is looking for that piece of land to lease!

I am just thinking out loud, do you think associations like PAWS and RSPCA will have such a piece of land available and maybe we can come to an arrangement with them like paying a certain amount for usage by us for certain periods?

Anyone who is a true blue dog lover will definitely face our problem i.e. we have no where to go to bring our furkids for a walk/run in the park. We are left to walking in our taman and being chased by annoyed residents and dangerous strays. The government is against us in all aspects. So, I personally will support anyone who is able to provide me with such a facility.

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 30, 2004, 3:08 AM

Post #20 of 22 (2998 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bailey] Dog Park [In reply to] Can't Post

Chris,

SPCA don think got land. If they do, they would have simpan more dogs and built more cages for them and such.

To rent a 30k sq ft. land it would be 8k a month in Damansara Jaya. Saw it in the papers today. Do we have any real estate people or people who are familiar with land in puppy.com.my? Need to learn more about leasing these land.

If members pull off not paying we will die for not paying rent. Renting in the end of the day we don't own it and whatever we built there has to be torn off.

What about buying the land. Make it as a share to all people who chipped in. Then at least it would be a kind of investment. And less risks of losing the land. As to monthly we still need income to run the park.
Unless some source would sponsor a land to us.
Cheers,

Bailey

Sep 30, 2004, 6:25 PM

Post #21 of 22 (2951 views)
Shortcut

Buying a land with so many individual people involved will have a lot of potential problems unless all of us incorporate a company . The amount involved is too high and not many people can commit to such an obligation. How much are you willing to come up with for an investment - Say RM100,000? I think the land price depending on location will be at least RM60 per sq ft. So for RM100,000 - it will only buy you 1666 sq ft. If you are looking at 30K sq ft, you will need at least RM1.8 million. And I think I am really underestimating the value here.

I am being hopeful and cheeky here - Would Hileytech Sdn Bhd be willing to invest in a dog park as part of its long term plans? Wink

Puppy Power

Bailey

Concorn
ALPHA

Nov 4, 2004, 6:28 PM

Post #22 of 22 (2726 views)
Shortcut

Ya Ya!! hands and feet highly agreed!!!

Where is it planned to be?? How's the arrangement gonna be like??

*Coco & Concorn*

** If It's Yours it happen to be Mine, But What Is Mine Is always Be Mine - Coco's Motto**

Coco Leng Lui Album
~ latest update Oct 02

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my