Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Pedigree.........

prettycuter
Novice

Feb 24, 2002, 9:16 AM

Post #1 of 14 (15265 views)
Shortcut
Pedigree......... Can't Post

Anyone got any comment on Pedigree?I heard that it's not so recommended for our dogs,is it true?

Khoobg
Webmaster

Feb 24, 2002, 4:33 PM

Post #2 of 14 (15261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prettycuter] Pedigree......... [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you mean "Predigree Dog Food" or just Predigree ?

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Feb 25, 2002, 3:59 AM

Post #3 of 14 (15255 views)
Shortcut

I assume you mean Pedigree Dog Food.. As far as I know, it's OK for dogs. There have been rumours though. Personally, I find that it's better to feed my dog food from overseas brand (Forgot wat it's called!). Alpo and Pedigree are cheaper, but my dog's overall appearance (such as coat and eyes) seem very dull and coarse if I feed her that brand.

-= Tisha =-

jason
Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2002, 7:23 PM

Post #4 of 14 (15247 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] Pedigree......... [In reply to] Can't Post

From my experience, my puppy has some hair lost due to the feeding of Pedigree dog food. I am quite certain it is the cause since when I changed to another better quality kibble, the hair developed.

Regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

May
Old Hand

Feb 25, 2002, 7:30 PM

Post #5 of 14 (15246 views)
Shortcut

It is far better to pay a little more for a good dog food than it is to buy cheap stuff. They will eat more of the junk dog food because they are not getting what they need. It passes right through them. On the other hand, if you feed your dog a good dog food, they are going to eat less because they are satisfied. They are utilizing more. That means less poop and fewer health problems down the road.

Try buying good quality dog food such as Eukanuba, Science Diet, Proplan etc which are available at most petshop. I'm feeding my dog with Science Diet kibble and I noticed that her coat are shinier and softer.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Feb 26, 2002, 1:38 AM

Post #6 of 14 (15241 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Pedigree......... [In reply to] Can't Post

Pedigree has two brands of kibble..one is the usual pedigree pal...packaging is yellow in color and can be bought at the supermarket cheep cheep..

There is another one..If i remember correctly is called Pedigree advantage..I personally have no experince with it but it's price is the same as those expensive brands like science diet, royal canine etcc...and it looks more promising than the supermarket one..so this is just an assumption but if it's more expensive, should be comparable to the other expensive brands..

.. )) -::-
. ))
((. .. -::- Rainbow -::-
-::- ((.*

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Feb 26, 2002, 2:10 AM

Post #7 of 14 (15239 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rainbow] Pedigree......... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's possible.. but price isn't always a good indication of the product's quality... Anyone have any experience with Pedigree Advantage?

-= Tisha =-

prettycuter
Novice

Feb 26, 2002, 9:36 PM

Post #8 of 14 (15230 views)
Shortcut

well,now i am thinking of trying a brand name "purina"if i'm correct.....any comments of this brand???

Khoobg
Webmaster

Feb 26, 2002, 9:48 PM

Post #9 of 14 (15229 views)
Shortcut

Purina and ProPlan are from the same company in USA. Price they are selling in Malaysia is almost identical but not sure whether the two dog food are of the same quality.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Feb 26, 2002, 11:55 PM)

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 26, 2002, 10:41 PM

Post #10 of 14 (15225 views)
Shortcut

Being ethical and I do not wish to be drawn into any controversies, lets say the supermarket packing in yellow cover are manufactured in Thailand. Quality wise it is inferior compared to those products imported from Australia,UK & USA. The other you are referring is in dark green packing and this is imported direct from Australia. It is a replacement of one brand previously known as "Pedi..... Professional". Price wise? Cann't afford to pay for sharks fin WHEN IT IS NOT. I suppose this sums up the whole issue. or I suppose the other way is to say THAT IS THE ADVANTAGE FOR NOT BEING A SUCKER?

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Feb 27, 2002, 6:35 AM

Post #11 of 14 (15217 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Pedigree......... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm currently feeding my dog Purina, and I find it very good. Personally, I've only used a few dog food brands over the years, but Purina is amongst the best. My Dobbie is 8years old, but a lot of people mistake her for a 2year old! Maybe the food has something to do with it? hmm.. I wonder...

-= Tisha =-

jason
Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2002, 8:25 AM

Post #12 of 14 (15212 views)
Shortcut

Hi pretty ... Tongue

Personally, I think the 'branded' dog foods have their own composition percentage of nutritions, like protein, carbohydrate, mineral, etc.. You should check which one is the best to suit your dog condition, a part from being divided into puppy or adult stage. Another thing is that you have to make sure there are no or less chemicals, such as colouring, preservatives, additives, etc. It is always be good to get a 'more natural' kibble in the making. But, who knows the truth behind???Crazy

Anyway, try a few brands and make your own decision. Good luck!!!

Regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

prettycuter
Novice

Mar 3, 2002, 6:24 AM

Post #13 of 14 (15196 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason] Pedigree......... [In reply to] Can't Post

Well,i'm buying Purina for Billy is because i found the brand quite cheap.....so i'm just sort of like trying it first and see how thing goes.I know Pedigree is not so good...as most of the petshop won't carry this brand of kibbles.Anyway,i still hope to hear more about recommendations.....thank you...

leopui
K9 Maniac

Mar 3, 2002, 7:19 AM

Post #14 of 14 (15193 views)
Shortcut

To Prettycuter and anyone who may interested ...

Below is the link page to the other Dog's forum I am with, they have narrow down the search ... just click and hopefully it help!!!

forum.dog-tracker.com/YaBB.pl?board=nutrition&action=display&num=1005336307

Happy Surfing!!!
LEO PUI
Get REAL, Train REAL & Be REAL! Do RIGHT and FEAR No One!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my