Terry Fox Run 26 September 2004

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Bailey

Sep 22, 2004, 9:57 PM

Post #26 of 32 (1747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bailey] Terry Fox Run 26 September 2004 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi guys,

I called the Terry Fox organisers to clarify their position and they are not sure themselves as to whether can bring dogs for the run or not. I pointed out to this girl who is in charge by the name of Izam about the statements made over Light and Easy said they will have to check with their general manager (who was interviewed over Light and Easy) to clarify this. She will let me know later. Will keep all of you updated. Sorry for the suspense!! What drama just over our furkids!

Christine

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 22, 2004, 10:02 PM

Post #27 of 32 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Christine,

Don't have to be sorry. We know of course you must be sure know about this from sources somewhere but we don't. So we couldn't argue with them. When they ask us. 'Who say wan?'
We also don know what to say. Wink
So thanks again for checking on this matter.

Will be waiting for the result... hehe
Cheers,
Wern Nee, Piggy Puggy and Spooky Spiky

Bailey

Sep 23, 2004, 7:32 PM

Post #28 of 32 (1714 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wernnee] Terry Fox Run 26 September 2004 [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok folks. I managed to contact the Communications Manager (Jenny Chew) for the organisers of the Terry Fox run. All they have to say is that what they said over Light and Easy that we can all bring pets for the run was a JOKE!!! They justified it by saying that since there was some laughter after that statement, it is meant to be joke. But I personally find this joke to be in really bad taste. I would like to point out that if you listen to the entire sentence in totality (including the words prior to that which are as follows, I quote "We would like to encourage everyone to attend this run. You can walk, run, jog, rollerblade and you can bring your pets along for the run as well... ha ha ha" . So strictly speaking the entire sentence and the entire run is a joke!! Can you believe the audacity of this people?? I also told her that yes we know that dogs are not allowed on public parks but what I really thought was that there may be a possibility that they have obtained special permission from the authority to allow dog owners to join in. I also told her that I was really disappointed in the stunt because they not only have raised the hopes of dog owners in the first place but they just showed how insensitive they were towards dog owners' feeling by quashing their hopes of interacting with their dogs and to add on to the insult justified it by saying it was all a BIG JOKE in the first place!.Do any of you find their stunt funny?

I also spoke to the manager that there was a girl Amelie I spoke to who confirmed that I could bring my dog along. According to the manager that girl Amelie may not have understood my question about whether I can bring a dog along because she is a new trainee from France and may not have understood my accent. So I told the manager that I specifically explained to Amelie my question about bringing dogs along as I do not want to offend any Muslim runner. I also told the manager that it is just bad management on her part to allow a young foreign trainee who does not understand our Malaysian English to handle public phone calls as she is just giving out wrong information to everyone . And that was precisely how I obtained my wrong information!

Anyway, the manager said that she apologised to dog owners in general for giving us the wrong information and will do a public announcement over the radio as well as post it on Light and Easy website to clarify this issue.

And she has the cheek to ask me whether I am coming for the run(actually I am not going for the run for a different reason altogether I just had to give it to her) . I initially wanted to just buy the t-shirt and donate RM30 and not attend the run. Now I will not even give a single cent to them. I told her that I much rather spend my money on a more serious organisation who does not see fit to treat us dog owners and our furkids as a joke in the first place. Afterall, if they (the organisers) found this entire matter funny, then they should just carry on laughing when they do not get any support from dog owners!

Now, in view of the above I would like to sincerely apologise to each and everyone of you and your fur kids for raising your hopes and quashing them and broadcasting about the Terry Fox run in the first place. I feel really bad as I seem to be disemminating wrong information all the time!!SIgh.. I will just keep quiet from now onwards. Life is really unfair for us dog owners . People think we and our dogs are a big joke in the first place, we are barred from taking our dogs for exercises on public parks and Muslims treat our fur kids worst than lepers.

Christine

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 23, 2004, 7:48 PM

Post #29 of 32 (1710 views)
Shortcut

Christine,

Cool down. I understand how foolish this is.
Aih... this people are nuisance.
OF course it's not funny at all.

And it's really a long post. Don't get yourself too upset about such idiots.

Cheers
Cheers,
Wern Nee, Piggy Puggy and Spooky Spiky

yogurt
Novice

Sep 23, 2004, 9:07 PM

Post #30 of 32 (1702 views)
Shortcut

hi christine,

v all been thru all these restrictions in life, i can feel yr frustration, but i hate to say this is the "tidak apa" society we are living in. Be cool!
i hv join that run before, i personally feel that its a "rich" charity organisation. Maybe we shd gather our "Puppy Power" and do some meaningful charity at HOME!

cheers!
mc + yogurt + momo (our new white MS)

pinky55poo
ALPHA

Sep 23, 2004, 9:34 PM

Post #31 of 32 (1699 views)
Shortcut

Dear Christine

I read with interest what you have (very well) written on this issue. Don't fret too much about mis-disemmination of information to us as most can see that it was not your fault & that you have made good efforts to clarify the situation.

You have my full support when you say you find the 'joke' in bad taste. And like you I certainly do not find the stunt at all funny, ha ha, too. After reading how they have responded to your queries, I am indeed disgusted with their attitude, whatever interest I had in supporting the charity, is gone.

On the other hand though, I cannot help but think that perhaps they have reverted to calling the airing over Light & Easy about being able to bring pets for the run, a 'joke' after pressure from somewhere that they had better remedy the 'liberty' they took in passing this statement. No doubt they could have handled it with better taste & just perhaps, admit that they have made a mistake in saying that pets were allowed.

Nevertheless, that's that & we are now all clear where we stand but ultimately it's up to each individual's choice whether to support or continue to support this charity. I know where I stand.

Once again, thank you Christine for caring enough and taking the time to clarify the situation. Much appreciated.

Sally
pug rules!

Bailey

Sep 23, 2004, 10:22 PM

Post #32 of 32 (1693 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pinky55poo] Terry Fox Run 26 September 2004 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Sally,

I did consider whether the organisers initially intended to allow dog owners in the run and subsequently cave in to pressure from certain authorities. But then, the more I think about it, it is just sheer recklessness to broadcast such statements without getting a concrete/written approval from the authorities when they know for a fact what our government policies are like. Anyway, the PR of the event is very badly managed. Enough said about this topic. I have better things to concentrate on. I feel so responsible about the whole fiasco that I had to clarify the issue quickly for everyone's sake.

Hey your pugs are really so cute..

Christine

Puppy Power

Bailey

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my