Terry Fox Run 26 September 2004

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Bailey

Sep 15, 2004, 7:52 PM

Post #1 of 32 (5838 views)
Shortcut
Terry Fox Run 26 September 2004 Can't Post

Hi all,

I am keen to join the Terry Fox Run (charitable organisation for cancer research) which will be held on Sunday, 26 Sept 2004 at 7am onwards in the Lake Gardens. This is organised by the Canadian Embassy and the Terry Fox Foundation. All you have to do to join in the run to purchase a T-Shirt at RM30.00 for adults , RM20 for students from the lobby of the Regent Hotel, KL (opposite KL Plaza) and show up at the Lake Gardens at the appointed time (take the Jalan Parliament entrance and follow the signboards). But the BEST news is that we can all BRING OUR FURKIDS FOR THE RUN!!!! (5km) around the Lake Gardens. I heard this announcement over the radio yesterday and I called up the organisers today and it is confirmed. You can either run, jog, walk, cycle, rollerblade, use a wheelchair for the run. The run is non-competitive so no prizes will be given. Event should end around 11am.

To millions around the world, Terry Fox is synonymous with courage and determination. Despite passing away 23 years ago, his legacy lives on. The world remembers the young man's attempt in running across Canada - with an artificial leg - to raise funds for cancer research. This year's run (9th year in Malaysia) hopes to raise RM100,000 for the Cancer Research Initiatives Foundation. You can read about Terry Fox at www.terryfoxrun.org

Food will also be served after the run. If you need more info, call 2149 4155 or 2718 3333 and ask for Amelie/Izam.

Anyone who is keen to attend, would be much obliged if you could put your name down here. But please go and purchase your own t-shirt ok? .. looking forward to meeting you at the run.

1).Christine (Bailey)

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 15, 2004, 9:19 PM

Post #2 of 32 (5816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bailey] Terry Fox Run 26 September 2004 [In reply to] Can't Post

where exactly is Lake Garden?

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Bailey

Sep 15, 2004, 9:37 PM

Post #3 of 32 (5812 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Terry Fox Run 26 September 2004 [In reply to] Can't Post

The Lake Gardens is located opposite the Parliament. Take Jalan Parliament and if you are coming from City Centre, you will have to exit Jalan Kinabalu on your left (am not sure the name of the road but it is the outer road beside The Royal Selangor Club main entrance which is on Dataran Merdeka). Turn into Jalan Parliament (you will see Bank Negara on your right) go another 500m and then take the first traffic lights on the left into the Lake Gardens (also known as Taman Tasik Perdana). This is the same place where the Bird Park is located. Hope this helps. If you still do not know, email me at lizorion@yahoo.com and give me your fax no. Can even fax map to you.

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

jerome
Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2004, 6:12 AM

Post #4 of 32 (5746 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi all,

I am keen to join the Terry Fox Run (charitable organisation for cancer research) which will be held on Sunday, 26 Sept 2004 at 7am onwards in the Lake Gardens. This is organised by the Canadian Embassy and the Terry Fox Foundation. All you have to do to join in the run to purchase a T-Shirt at RM30.00 for adults , RM20 for students from the lobby of the Regent Hotel, KL (opposite KL Plaza) and show up at the Lake Gardens at the appointed time (take the Jalan Parliament entrance and follow the signboards). But the BEST news is that we can all BRING OUR FURKIDS FOR THE RUN!!!! (5km) around the Lake Gardens. I heard this announcement over the radio yesterday and I called up the organisers today and it is confirmed. You can either run, jog, walk, cycle, rollerblade, use a wheelchair for the run. The run is non-competitive so no prizes will be given. Event should end around 11am.

To millions around the world, Terry Fox is synonymous with courage and determination. Despite passing away 23 years ago, his legacy lives on. The world remembers the young man's attempt in running across Canada - with an artificial leg - to raise funds for cancer research. This year's run (9th year in Malaysia) hopes to raise RM100,000 for the Cancer Research Initiatives Foundation. You can read about Terry Fox at www.terryfoxrun.org

Food will also be served after the run. If you need more info, call 2149 4155 or 2718 3333 and ask for Amelie/Izam.

Anyone who is keen to attend, would be much obliged if you could put your name down here. But please go and purchase your own t-shirt ok? .. looking forward to meeting you at the run.

1).Christine (Bailey)

2) Tina & Jerome + leeloo

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 20, 2004, 7:35 AM

Post #5 of 32 (5738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jerome] Terry Fox Run 26 September 2004 [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, you will be joining huh? I heard a lot but don't think my stamina enable me to complete... Anyway, will see..
Thanks for the treats you gave me... My dogs love them... You guys bake it yourselves? Fion

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 20, 2004, 8:30 PM

Post #6 of 32 (5716 views)
Shortcut

Ahem... in a mood of doing some charity and accompanying my fellow doggie frens here... ____________________________________________________________________________________ Hi all,

1).Christine (Bailey)

2) Tina & Jerome + leeloo
3) Wernnee + Puggy and maybe Spiky
Cheers,
Wern Nee, Piggy Puggy and Spooky Spiky

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 20, 2004, 8:45 PM

Post #7 of 32 (5712 views)
Shortcut

Tina,

Are you going to buy the t'shirt?

If not, I'll go get it some time this week for the all of us. then pass it to you during the JT this saturday.
Let me know... or anyone going to the JT and for this also... I can help to buy the t shirt and pass it you guys when we meet up for JT this saturday.. I mean if there is JT this saturday..
Cheers,

jerome
Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2004, 10:18 PM

Post #8 of 32 (5693 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wernnee] Terry Fox Run 26 September 2004 [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh that would be great wernnee, 2 t-shirts yah, 1for me and 1 for Jerome.Will pay u at the JT. Taks a zillion!!!!! abd muah muah kisses from leeloo

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 20, 2004, 10:22 PM

Post #9 of 32 (5688 views)
Shortcut

No prob,

Is anybody else going? Let me know if you need me to get the T shirt for you...
Let me know before I go get those Tshirt
Cheers,

jerome
Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2004, 10:22 PM

Post #10 of 32 (5685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vicfion] Terry Fox Run 26 September 2004 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Fiona, am glad to hear that your doggies loved the biscuits!! Will tell u where it comes from at the next JT. By the way, the ones it gave out have flea-repelling properties!!

About the run, I decided to join for charity purposes also for the opportunity to take leeloo jalan-jalan. At first when I told Jerome about the 5km stretch, he was like 'no way'. Then I told him it's not a competition lah, you can walk all the way. I hope a lot more owners and their doggies could join in as the more , the merrier and when we're busy chatting, the distance might even seem short.

And Fiona, don't worry lah you definitely have more stamina than me!!!

(This post was edited by jerome on Sep 20, 2004, 10:28 PM)

jerome
Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2004, 10:30 PM

Post #11 of 32 (5678 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Oh that would be great wernnee, 2 t-shirts yah, 1for me and 1 for Jerome.Will pay u at the JT. Thanks a zillion!!!!! and muah muah kisses from leeloo

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 20, 2004, 10:34 PM

Post #12 of 32 (5675 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Terry Fox Run 26 September 2004 [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry Tina,

the message I posted just now goes to everybody.

In case anybody else going and wants me to get the t'shirt for them.
Cheers,

Bailey

Sep 20, 2004, 11:20 PM

Post #13 of 32 (5667 views)
Shortcut

Hi folks,

I am glad to see so many charitable souls out there. I will buy a t-shirt to donate but will not go for the run after all:-( I know that I am the one who suggested this in the first place but now I dont have a dog to go with and it is too painful to see people with their beloved furkids. Hope you understand. After much persuasion by parents and BF over the weekend, I have decided to send my Bailey to my parents home temporarily until I get myself a house for her to run about. She is suffering too much in my small apartment and being left alone for 9 hours when I go to work is just not healthy for her. As my parents are retired they can be with her 24x7 so Bailey will not be short on love and affection. Plus Bailey will have tons of space to run around and can amuse herself in my mum's garden . I will drive back to see her on weekends. I am really so depressed today and am alreasy missing her so much. Cannot wait to see her on weekends.

Puppy Power

Bailey

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 21, 2004, 12:14 AM

Post #14 of 32 (5661 views)
Shortcut

Christine,

First of all, I am extremely sorry to hear about your separation with Bailey. I totally understand your feelings cause I once at your shoe. Which apartment you staying huh?

Why cannot bring Bailey along this sunday? Pick her up from your parent's home and bring her there for walk. That would be great.
Cheers,

Bailey

Sep 21, 2004, 2:19 AM

Post #15 of 32 (5648 views)
Shortcut

Hi WernNee,

My parents reside in Ipoh and it is a bit too far to just pick up Bailey for a run. I wish my parents are residing nearby within the Klang Valley or even Seremban. I am staying in Faber Heights Condo in Taman Desa and looking for a house to purchase. Am limited by budget as well as location.

Puppy Power

Bailey

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 21, 2004, 2:23 AM

Post #16 of 32 (5647 views)
Shortcut

Hi Christine,

I'll reply you in the introduction thread under the thread you created. It's out of topic here.
Cheers,

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 21, 2004, 3:33 AM

Post #17 of 32 (5639 views)
Shortcut

Yeah I hope I can go to.. Will see "lo"... I heard a lot about Terry fox so I want to help out...
Hehehe ok ok... My dogs just love your biscuit.. I guess you have bake them yourself.. My gosh.. I must learn cooking form people already.. What a bad mom I am for not able to cook... Fion

pcm
Dog Kichi

Sep 21, 2004, 4:41 AM

Post #18 of 32 (5631 views)
Shortcut

hello,

i think i could join too , what time is it ? sorry to ask

jerome
Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2004, 5:13 AM

Post #19 of 32 (5623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vicfion] Terry Fox Run 26 September 2004 [In reply to] Can't Post

You're going!!! Yay!!! I rarely do charity stuff, at the moment only donating to MAKNA only, so want to get more involved now. I understand how a lot of people cannot afford to pay for operation coz I went for an operation because of a lump in my breast 3 years ago and it's not cheap. So I know a lot of people need funding.

About your cooking, I'm sure you're being modest!!! But as I said, you're supermom!!

I got the biscuits from my bro, he gets tons of biscuits for leeloo so now can share share with JT gang!! More goodies to come!!

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 21, 2004, 9:05 PM

Post #20 of 32 (5599 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pcm] Terry Fox Run 26 September 2004 [In reply to] Can't Post

PSM,

I think Christine mention it's from 7am onwards at the Lake Garden
Cheers,

yogurt
Novice

Sep 21, 2004, 9:18 PM

Post #21 of 32 (5596 views)
Shortcut

hi christine,

i brought yogurtWink (my mini schnauzee) for the run last year not knowing that dogs are not allowed in Lake Garden! but to my surprise we are so welcome by runners (mostly foreigners). some regret leaving their fur kids at home.

are you so sure we can bring dogs? i just call up, i ve got the answer is no!Unsure

but i think i will still try to get in with yogurt.

mc + yogurtWink

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 21, 2004, 10:01 PM

Post #22 of 32 (5589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yogurt] Terry Fox Run 26 September 2004 [In reply to] Can't Post

MC,

Yes. you are right... I just called them also. They said no pets allowed.
How ar??????
Christine, how did you get the info that dogs are allowed ar?
Cheers,

jerome
Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2004, 12:05 AM

Post #23 of 32 (5573 views)
Shortcut

Hi All,

I called up the organizers today and they checked with the lake garden people. It seems that pets are not allowed because Lake Gardens do not allow pets. So sorry but me and wernnee will have to pull out of this one. Want to spend some quality time with my furkid on the weekend.

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 22, 2004, 12:37 AM

Post #24 of 32 (5563 views)
Shortcut

I really wish to go but might not able to go one.... But keep my finger cross Smile I have been doing little charity for ophanage.. Last year I gather friends to buy Christmas present for the kids at one home... During my stay in the USA, I help out in the animal shelter... Not much I did... Sob Sob Frown
Wow, wonder where your bro got them.. Nice la... I hear them eating "grop grop" make me hungry hehehehe... Fion

Bailey

Sep 22, 2004, 9:43 PM

Post #25 of 32 (5536 views)
Shortcut

Hi guys,

I am very sure that dogs are allowed. They even said this over Light and Easy and I called the number which i have posted and the person I spoke to assured me that pets are allowed. I would not have send out the posting if pets are not allowed. I specifically asked whether dogs are allowed and I specifically told the organisers that I want to be certain as I do not want to offend any Muslims out there.

Christine

Puppy Power

Bailey

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my