Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
grooming technique

fido
Novice

Jan 23, 2003, 2:42 PM

Post #1 of 18 (3555 views)
Shortcut
grooming technique Can't Post

everytime i groom my dog, he gets over excited and pisses all over the floor, any suggestions, apart from killing it? Shocked

also does your dog get 'excited' when you groom it, do you know the secret technique?

ckbeep

Jan 23, 2003, 4:52 PM

Post #2 of 18 (3552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fido] grooming technique [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

My dog too get very excited when i try to groom him, he tend to bite the brush and moves around. My trick is to place him on the swing or my shoe rack (above floor level) Winkand groom him. He will sit there not moving, (ok.. after a while he tends to get excited as well)... so i moved him to another placeWink. Another trick of my is feed him with his favourite vitamin and he will stay there, or groom him during his meal..... hope that will help Sly

CkBeep

ashley
ALPHA

Jan 23, 2003, 6:34 PM

Post #3 of 18 (3547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ckbeep] grooming technique [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Ckbeep
My shitzu also like this when she finish bath she will like "sia poh" run around and use her body to "Mop" the floor. She really don't like people comb hair for her. I found that she will bite me CrazyMad.
What should i do if i wan to do trimming for her?Unimpressed
TQ!!
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

ckbeep

Jan 23, 2003, 7:08 PM

Post #4 of 18 (3543 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] grooming technique [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ashley,

Mine also the same.. haven't tried trimming him yet... cause his fur is still very short, and i'm planning to leave it long.... Cool

CkBeep

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 24, 2003, 5:34 AM

Post #5 of 18 (3533 views)
Shortcut

most dogs are afraid of heights. like jaz, after bathing, once out from shower, will wrap in a big towel and carry her to a table outside the house and straight away, place her there dry her up, comb her, clean her ears, groom abit before letting her step down to the ground.. or perhaps get her fav toy on the table with her, so she will spend time chewing her toy while i comb and cut freely! Laugh

ckbeep

Jan 24, 2003, 4:20 PM

Post #6 of 18 (3527 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] grooming technique [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jaz,

You area absolutely correct, give yur furkid some thing to chew....Wink

CkBeep

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jan 24, 2003, 6:30 PM

Post #7 of 18 (3523 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] grooming technique [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Lisa, What I done exactly same with you, after bathing yippi, I will place him on a small table, then I will dry him, comb him and clean his ear. I never let him down to the floor before I complete all these task. For daily combing, at first I will wait under he feel sleepy, then I will put him on a big pillow then comb him slowly. Else he will very excited and jumping around. Now he already understand that when I place a big pillow on the floor and have the comb with me, I am ready to comb him. Then he will come to me and sometimes he will lying on the pillow himself Cool. But he dislike bathing, when I ready the bathing tools, table and dryer, he knew that I am going to bath him, he will hide at the back of the chair or sofa Crazy.

Smile Eliza

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 24, 2003, 7:13 PM

Post #8 of 18 (3519 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] grooming technique [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Eliza,

Yeah! the same thing happens to Jaz as well Tongue when she sees me taking out her bathing pail and her big green towel, she will hide underneath the sofa and won't come out!!!! I never let her down unless she's dry. she has such long coats.. if i let her down.. she will rub herself on the floor lar, carpet lar.. anywhere and everywhere!! like going mad!!! so better just throw her her fav chewy bones and i'll clean her ears and comb her...Smile

blue-eden
Novice

Jan 25, 2003, 7:49 PM

Post #9 of 18 (3505 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I read a tip in a book some time ago on house breaking. The rule was simple - plan the water breaks. Water that goes in will need to come out. So he suggested that no water be given to the dog after 8pm at night so that there would be less chance of an accident after the last pee-break at 11pm. I tried it and it works. Maybe you'd like to plan you doggie baths and limit his water before a bath. My kids get excited too and run like crazy after a bath. I don't have a table so I put them on my washing machine with a towel to line the slippery top Sly Hope that helps. Let me know if you experiment with it.

wuf

blue eden

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 26, 2003, 11:18 AM

Post #10 of 18 (3502 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blue-eden] grooming technique [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps placing your dog on the table would do the trick. As most dogs are afraid of heights.. then they will get less hyper active and wee wee all over the place!! ha! ha!

wcsb73
Novice

Mar 31, 2003, 9:09 PM

Post #11 of 18 (3452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ckbeep] grooming technique [In reply to] Can't Post

Sending to Grooming Is so expensive. WHY?
and if were try to groom ourself we don have good reference or learn how.
Anyone would help us?

i have a silky terrier..so active, even he try to lick the sissor and comb is so dangerous...i've tried everything but Failed..and finish grooming he'll look funny Tongue

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Apr 7, 2003, 8:07 AM

Post #12 of 18 (3411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wcsb73] grooming technique [In reply to] Can't Post

I send my shih tzu for grooming every month.It only cost me Rm 30 per session.Grooming includes cutting nails,trimming hair and plug hair on ears and whatever u ask for.But there r no bathing involve since i only pay Rm 30(u might not get that price).

My shih tzu loves to bathe! When he see my mum taking his shampoo,he'll jump around and can't wait to get into the bathroom.I bought those rubber mat to placed it on top of his crate and put another towel on top of it.That is the place i use to groom cookie most of the time.He will not run anywhere since there's only little space for him.But now it's also ok for me to groom him on the floor.

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

May
Old Hand

Apr 7, 2003, 6:42 PM

Post #13 of 18 (3408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamchooi] grooming technique [In reply to] Can't Post

Where did u send cookie for grooming?

The shop that I send my dog to won't trim her coat unless I let them bath her. Their reason is to detangle the matt, if any and make trimming easier. Actually they charge extra for dematting maybe that's the reason why they insisted on the shampooing part eventhough my dog hardly have matt.

wcsb73
Novice

Apr 7, 2003, 7:59 PM

Post #14 of 18 (3401 views)
Shortcut

WoW ! only RM30 tat is Very good prize...then i do hope they can do a good business and hope they success....let us recommend more people there.....
Adam Chooi can you tell us Where ? and can i have your contact Number..or ...you can call me 0122888438

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Apr 8, 2003, 2:30 AM

Post #15 of 18 (3391 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wcsb73] grooming technique [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear all,

The groomer is at imbi,there's only one grooming shop there so it's quite easy to locate.I'm not sure if i'm allow to post the name of the shop(ad)but it's opposite the famous chicken rice and pork mee shop.It's near the Honda showroom.Laugh

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

May
Old Hand

Apr 8, 2003, 7:58 PM

Post #16 of 18 (3384 views)
Shortcut

Is it the newly opened petshop? I think I know which one u r talking about.

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Apr 9, 2003, 12:53 AM

Post #17 of 18 (3377 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] grooming technique [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah it's new! Have u been there before?

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

May
Old Hand

Apr 9, 2003, 1:16 AM

Post #18 of 18 (3376 views)
Shortcut

No. But I saw the advertisement in the newspaper.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my