First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Sep 11, 2004, 1:51 AM

Post #1 of 27 (4948 views)
Shortcut
golden retriever breeder? Can't Post

hello all,

can anyone give me any information on a good reputable breeder? how much should i pay for a puppy? is the paper essential? I plan to bring the dog to Canada in future to come. what vaccination would the puppy need?

thanks for info and sorry for the "susah susah" lah.

sbt
Enthusiast

Sep 12, 2004, 6:26 AM

Post #2 of 27 (4908 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] golden retriever breeder? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kelsey,

If you read through the forum carefully, it will become evident to you where you can find the Champion Golden Retriever Breeder. Then you can contact him directly. Sly

Warm Regards
A Dog is for Life, Not just for Christmas

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Sep 13, 2004, 5:50 PM

Post #3 of 27 (4893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sbt] golden retriever breeder? [In reply to] Can't Post

hello sbt,

i got a golden female puppy during the weekend! thanks

sbt
Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2004, 6:11 PM

Post #4 of 27 (4888 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
hello sbt,

i got a golden female puppy during the weekend! thanks

Golden Female Retriever - COOL!!

Maybe you can introduce her to Thunder. SlySly

Warm Regards

tomaz
Novice

Sep 13, 2004, 7:12 PM

Post #5 of 27 (4881 views)
Shortcut

hey there!

so where n who did u buy your GR from? how much did u pay for it?

i'm also looking for one.

sincerely

tom

WendyS
Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2004, 7:54 PM

Post #6 of 27 (4879 views)
Shortcut

Dear SBT,

I like GR alot, and I'm planning to have one too...now I'm doing some research & planning.

I've heard of the Champion GR breeder thru the previous post too, I'm sure the pups from the breeder are of good quality.....but I also read that somone mentioned the price is above RM2000, which is a little pricey for meFrown

Do you know of other reputable breeders who are selling at RM1K++ but below RM2K?

Thanks & regards.

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Sep 13, 2004, 9:01 PM

Post #7 of 27 (4869 views)
Shortcut

sbt,

ya lor why not? how old is thunder? roxy is 7 weeks. but i am living in KL. she is due for her 6 in 1 injection 2 weeks from now. we plan to go to the vet in taman segar, cheras, do u know anything about it?

the rest

well i can't believe i have a GR now. still getting over it. I LOVE GOLDIES. so the hubby gave me an early christmas gift lor. I got mine from a breeder in Penang. Yes champion bloodline are normally above RM2000. Kennels i think would be your best bet if you want to find champion bloodline. i saw many post and recommendations about him.

If price is any issue to you, try seeking outside KL. I got Roxy for about RM1000+ but below RM1500. She is dewormed, vaccinated, MKA registered and also micro-chipped. so i got quite a deal.

Roxy has been such an "energizer battery" always running, chewing on things, lucky she never chew on shoes but always nip our hands. so u have to be prepared for this. also she is going to be a 75 - 80 lbs dog! be prepared! right now we are enjoying Roxy being small and just slightly bigger than a cat, but she already spells trouble if not supervised.

good luck in ur hunting, pick a puppy that pick you!

WendyS
Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2004, 11:10 PM

Post #8 of 27 (4844 views)
Shortcut

Hi Kelsey,

Congrats to you....Looks like you have put your Roxy's photo in your avatar already, is that right? She is sure enjoying life at your home...Smile

I like GR being big, they are so charming...of course they are cute when they are small too....Are you planning to keep her outdoor when she is older?

How do you come about the breeder in Penang, is it through friend's recommendation or newspaper?

You're so lucky that your husband gives you such a precious present...I have to pursuade my husband to let me buy one...UnsureI know training puppy needs a lot of time & effort, so I've planned to get one in December whereby I can take a few days off to take care of him...I even got a name for my future puppy....Blush

Best Regards.

sbt
Enthusiast

Sep 14, 2004, 1:32 AM

Post #9 of 27 (4829 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tomaz] golden retriever breeder? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Tom and Wendys,

This is my first puppy. I bought it from a "breeder" in claasified advertisement. I paid RM1,700 for it. Being a first time buyer, I would advise you to be cautious. Don't buy from those people who advertised in the paper. Even the micro-chips and Certificate is a useless, it does not prove anything.

Turn out that my puppy is not so pure breed after all. Sudah kena CON. As the puppy grow older, than you will be able to see the difference. By then it will be too late. Malaysia do not have much law to protect consumer. (for dog nothing.Frown) Some are cross bred with Lab Retriver etc., it is difficult for an expert to distinguish it during puppyhood, let alone a novice.

Mine puppy is MKA micro chiped and registered as GR, and now it is looking more and more like a mixed Lab. The puppy has developed a great attachment to me, that I love him nontheless.

So if it is your first time, do buy from a reputable breeder or pet shop. Some of the senior forum member will have more suggestion for you.

Wish you the Best.

(This post was edited by sbt on Sep 14, 2004, 1:41 AM)

sbt
Enthusiast

Sep 14, 2004, 1:51 AM

Post #10 of 27 (4824 views)
Shortcut

Hi Kelsey,
What a lovely puppy you have? She will bring you much joy and headache.Sly

Do you go all the way to Penang to buy it or they have a dealer in KL? How did you learn about this breeder from Penang. I am looking for another puppy.

I bring my puppy to a Vet call. "PET ARK" in Taman Seri Bathera. It is opposite Taman Midah (Next to the Cheras roundabout) Real good and not so crowded. Have a try there.

Warm Regards

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Sep 14, 2004, 5:00 PM

Post #11 of 27 (4798 views)
Shortcut

sbt..

haha u r true about headache. joy yes. she is really active. i am going to get hr vaccination very soon, she needs more space to run outside. well i live in a condo, so i am teaching my GR to adapt to that. so far ok. her main priority is exercise.

i saw her in the paper and the breeder is in penang, but lucky he is coming down to KL. ya lor, your puppy look more like a lab actually. but if he loves u and vice versa that is what counts. labs are not too bad also. they are just more dominant than GR. the rest qualities all the same.

ya lor..maybe i try there.

wendy, if u bring an 8 weeks puppy, i think it will take a lot of time to train her. i am still trying to train roxy. so far she only has a B+ in the command "come" and a B- in "housebreaking". the rest like recognition of her name is still an "E" and the rest of the command too. but for running she scores an A++. if u get a female ah, she will be very attached to your husband. Roxy is very "manja" with my husband. maybe i should have gotten a male..hehe

anyways it's all good. i can't wait for her to grow actually:)

tomaz
Novice

Sep 14, 2004, 6:06 PM

Post #12 of 27 (4782 views)
Shortcut

hi all... how's everyone???

where is a good and afforable centre for puppy training especially for housebreaking?

normally how many sessions are there and what would be the expected cost to invest?

soli have to ask so much coz i'm new in this area.

tomaz
Novice

Sep 14, 2004, 6:11 PM

Post #13 of 27 (4781 views)
Shortcut

u see my wife wanted a doggie and so i have to find out as much info as i can to know what will we be getting ourselves into.i'm still considered very new in terms of raising a pup.

if you ask me abt taking care of snakes, then i'm good at it. FYI... i have 2 pet snakes at home. hehehe. ya i know u guys must be thinking that i'm weird or something. but hey... i'm an animal lover in general. i can watch animal planet on astro the whole day!

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Sep 14, 2004, 8:57 PM

Post #14 of 27 (4772 views)
Shortcut

tomaz,

this comes from the 4 months finding about if we can afford, care and accomodate a dog in our life. so bear with me:)

list down 3 choices of what u have in mind for a dog. we listed a min pin (my hubby loves it), beagles(he has experience with it) and a GR (i love them). we weigh out our living consequences and area. our main priority is the dog shouldn't bark all day. so the min pin is out of the question. beagles can be quite a barker. GR is the most laidback one and no excessive barking. the problem is only the size. but we manage to overcome that.

as for housebreaking, when u get the puppy, let her outside where u want her to do her business. then put newspaper on the pee. if it's ur garden oklah. save this paper and rub the area that she peed.then u ask her go and smell the place. she will take note lah. of course this don't happen in a day. some may take weeks. she will have accident in the house, don't like slap her face or what lah. while she is doing it, just verbal correct her, she will soon get the message. but also praise her when she does the pee at the place u want lah. she needs to know that good things-praise. bad things - no attention.

there is a puppy training class conducted for RM200 for 10 hours 10 sessions at Taman Desa. u can find more info at the front page. but if money is one thing to u, then train her urself lor.

tomaz
Novice

Sep 14, 2004, 10:06 PM

Post #15 of 27 (4766 views)
Shortcut

hi kelsey...

thanks for sharing. my experience is not far off from yours. currently i'm staying in a condo so getting a dog that doesnt bark excessively is the factor that we are considering. her first choice was a cocker spaniel. my first choice was a pug. fortunately our 2nd choice was a golden retriever. i believe cocker spaniel is generally quite a barker. so it's not a good idea for a apartment basis area.

even though we get a GR, i think it'll still bark a little especially when still a young pup. i just need some methods to calm that fella down or to train it not to simply bark for no reason. barking in the day time is still tolerable coz most residents r out for work. but barking in the middle of the night or even at dawn could spell trouble!

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Sep 15, 2004, 1:17 AM

Post #16 of 27 (4756 views)
Shortcut

hey tomaz,

most terriers and toy dog will bark excessively. pug can be a biter. so beware if u have young children. spaniels i am not sure if it's a barker. yes my Roxy does bark every now and then but she barks only like early morning when ppl wake up to to work but she don't bark non stop lah. just like 2 - 3 barks, then she is ok. the only problem with GR is, you have to give it a lot and i mean ALOT OF exercise. Roxy was throwing tantrums yesterday as she was bored i guess in her crate, so i bought a cube that can put treats lah. also she was running around the condo and i was running sort of playing a game with her. so if her energy is all out already. no problem.

when she gets bigger, make sure u are able to walk her like 5km i think!:) it's good for you also. and GR tend to chew on everything! so train her. GR & Labrador has an attention span of like 5 seconds..haha, so just be patience when u r training her. 5 minutes with 20 minutes break to catch her attention lah. but i suggest if u want to get a GR puppy, get it at 8 or 9 weeks. as she only really learn to her command at 12 weeks. she will still hear u lah but can't get her attention when she is below 12 weeks. but its good bonding time.

sbt
Enthusiast

Sep 15, 2004, 8:21 AM

Post #17 of 27 (4745 views)
Shortcut

Kelsey,
You are fortunate to get a lovely puppy all the way from Penang. I called the breeder I bought mine from, he swears that mine is indeed a pure GR and the certificate has arrived from MKA. I will have to wait a few months more for some GR is slower to grows more curly hair. What is there to argue, just having to take his word and keep my finger cross.
8 weeks old is a little difficult to train, as she is still an infant. You may star by simple sit and stay command. I think on the 3 months onward the puppy will understand more commands. At this age she will not be able to control her bowel movement for long. (pee & poo) It will get better2 as the weeks goes by. So good luck ans be patience.

By the way, the Klinik Haiwan Pets’ Ark is at 153, Jalan Lanchang, Taman Sri Bahtera, 56100 Cheras. (opposite Taman Midah) Tel: 91303435, 012-2315414. Dr. Khaw.

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Sep 15, 2004, 4:57 PM

Post #18 of 27 (4737 views)
Shortcut

sbt, yeah have to wait for a while and see if she will grow some more fur. yes i find training her now difficult. she however can suprisingly hold her pee and poo until i get home. so she is properly housetrained. just have to be patient waiting for her at the balcony lah.

thanks for the vet recommendation.

sbt
Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2004, 2:47 AM

Post #19 of 27 (4679 views)
Shortcut

Hi Kelsey,
Hope that everythinds is fine with your beloved puppy.
I have just visited the breeder and collected MKA Certificate. I also met thunder 'sister' there.
It seems to me that this few days his curly hairs seems to comes plentiful. Yeah, it is a GR alright. But a slow bloomer!Sly

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Sep 20, 2004, 4:30 PM

Post #20 of 27 (4659 views)
Shortcut

hey sbt,

good on you re thunder. you should load a pic of curly thunder in your avatar:)

as for me, roxy has been more well behaved. she was so aggressive when we first got her, but i am seeing improvement. she is a happy little bugger. she can now comprehend her name, understand simple - sit, come and stay command. and she is totally addicted to canidae can food:) but don't want her to be too pampered. so i just coat her dry kibble with 1 teaspoon of canidae..wow she eat like there is no tomorrow.

how old is thunder now? in 2 weeks, roxy is going to her her 2nd vaccination in cheras. i still need to train her on the leash, she keeps biting them.

ohmybeagle1
New User

Oct 9, 2004, 1:25 PM

Post #21 of 27 (4577 views)
Shortcut

Hello there.....

well well i hope u didnt mean this particular reputable(not) GR breeder that i know of......i am sorry for u if u did......cos i am going to bring in what i call justice now to some victim buyers. Listen up guys.....

I am coming up with a new kennel to fight GR down.....I am planning to invest RM35,000 to setup a new kennel in Puchong.....the reason why i have this idea is....i want to prove to everyone out there a champion GR wont cost anything more than RM2200.......for that Mr Gan....the kind soul here throwing his subsidised GR issue of to everyone trying to cheekily establish connection for future businesses.....tell u guys what.......watch out or u will get burned......just like my aunty.......she was naive back then......she bought a GR....progeny of Shadow and Eva.....Mr gan's most proud of GRs.......for freaking RM 5000.......Mr Gan......i am sure ur memory is still good enuff to remember her......for freaking RM5000 guys.......u can simply get 3 nice GRs out there with that cost. She wasnt into any dogs b4 this......how could u Gan ......con a naive lady for such an absurd price....and she wasnt even planning to show that dog.....what u gotta lose man? A nice dog that might challenge the titles ur GRs are so keen on?? that's why u gotta charge that heavenly price to cover ur possible losses?? if u are scared of competition then that's good news for me.....as i will be getting some best GRs from US and UK to fight u down......i wont let a conman like u dominate the GR sector......we shall see whose GRs are the best and Who is going to win the heart of buyers genuinely.....my kennel will be up in a few month's time....See u in the ring Gan....my buddy!! and for all of u out there who owns a GR.....dont think that GAN is great and experienced.....You can be like him too.....what he did was just to read and read and research alot about this breed.....i would suggest u to dig into books rather than relying on him.......unless u dont mind talking to a big conman here.....

Boldly,

Simon Yip

sbt
Enthusiast

Oct 9, 2004, 2:59 PM

Post #22 of 27 (4572 views)
Shortcut
Re: [anticlangan] golden retriever breeder? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hello there.....

well well i hope u didnt mean this particular reputable(not) GR breeder that i know of......i am sorry for u if u did......cos i am going to bring in what i call justice now to some victim buyers. Listen up guys.....

I am coming up with a new kennel to fight GR down.....I am planning to invest RM35,000 to setup a new kennel in Puchong.....the reason why i have this idea is....i want to prove to everyone out there a champion GR wont cost anything more than RM2200.......for that Mr Gan....the kind soul here throwing his subsidised GR issue of to everyone trying to cheekily establish connection for future businesses.....tell u guys what.......watch out or u will get burned......just like my aunty.......she was naive back then......she bought a GR....progeny of Shadow and Eva.....Mr gan's most proud of GRs.......for freaking RM 5000.......Mr Gan......i am sure ur memory is still good enuff to remember her......for freaking RM5000 guys.......u can simply get 3 nice GRs out there with that cost. She wasnt into any dogs b4 this......how could u Gan ......con a naive lady for such an absurd price....and she wasnt even planning to show that dog.....what u gotta lose man? A nice dog that might challenge the titles ur GRs are so keen on?? that's why u gotta charge that heavenly price to cover ur possible losses?? if u are scared of competition then that's good news for me.....as i will be getting some best GRs from US and UK to fight u down......i wont let a conman like u dominate the GR sector......we shall see whose GRs are the best and Who is going to win the heart of buyers genuinely.....my kennel will be up in a few month's time....See u in the ring Gan....my buddy!! and for all of u out there who owns a GR.....dont think that GAN is great and experienced.....You can be like him too.....what he did was just to read and read and research alot about this breed.....i would suggest u to dig into books rather than relying on him.......unless u dont mind talking to a big conman here.....

Boldly,

Simon Yip

Hi Simon,

Since this reply was address to me. I must say that I am no fan of Clangan, as I am new I do rely on people who are experiences in this forum. The person that has helped me most and I learned most from (unknown to them) is PSD and Surchinmy. Their views are generally neutral and objective. I do not detect that they have an agenda to sell product.

I was trying to be helpful to others GR newbie’s like myself by suggesting that s/he can learn much from the champion GR breeder. It may seem that I am trying to promote him, I am not. Honestly I do think that he has used this forum to his advantage to promote his product. So I weight very carefully on his comments on Candidae and so on. I do refer to his view when it comes to GR thought, after all his are champions.Laugh

I am sorry for your aunt bad experiences. You seem to have a bone to pick. BUT for the good of the industries I look forward to a strong challenge, for too long the GR and GSD has been dominated by two people, I was told. Some one even tell what is the point of entering I cannot win one lah. S/he will surely win one lah.

And a good challenge is what we need to bring some life to the championship.

You have throw down the gauntlet, I am sure Mr Gan will not back out of a challenge.

May the better man/dog win. Over to you Gan…..

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 9, 2004, 11:07 PM

Post #23 of 27 (4554 views)
Shortcut

Hi SBT,

This was my reply (below) in the previous thread to Mr. Bold Simon himself... And I like you to know that I am not actually using this forum to promote or am I taking advantage of it, in fact, I agree with you that PSD and Surchimy are fantastic in their ideas and facts. I have to expalin and clarify to people in this forum when they discuss products that concerns me! Most of the thread in discussions are posted by other forum members and it is my duty to explain and clarify issues. I am sure PSD will agree with me on that. Anyway, I am sad you are no fan of mine but I need no fan, I am not a celebrity and I am just a person who are dedicated to the breed, The Golden Retrievers and I have pay the price of years of research and lots of money spent to promote the breed I hold dear! I have proven that I am a champions producer and I show dogs to the best I can and WIN!!! I have many who admires my dedication but then again there will always be a small group of people that could not do much in life but being jealous and vindictive, I have to take some good with a tinge of bad! Anyway, I try my very best to help and promote the breed if you still have not notice it! BTW, I hope to see more Golden Enthusiast showing their dogs and eventually win, I am in support of that. Many people in this forum and other knows that I am in the midst of setting up a Golden Retriever Chapter with MKA and I need lots of support from Golden members. I don't just talk, I produce results! Lastly, I hope you show your dogs and win.

clangan

This is my post to Simon; His name is similar to the American Idol judge, only he is less refine and less polish!

To Simon; "I will be more than glad you come into the show ring with me, or for that matter, any ring! As usual, I welcome you and hope to see you in any ring you are fond of. I would love to clarify to you that the breeding of Shadow and Eva has produced champions, i.e. Malaysian champion Action Driven Maximus (2nd Runner up for Malaysian Bred of the year 2002-placing after two Best In Show dogs), Malaysian Champion American Flyer Aruba (Top female 2002) and soon to be Malaysian Grand Champion Absolute Trotter (who is presently the top Gundog 2004 and definitely number 1 Golden Retriever in Malaysia 2004). Shadow bred to Peach, has produced a group winner, which is Malaysian Champion Best Of The Best (Top female Golden 2003). For your info also, top Golden Retriever since 2000 resides with or are of my breeding! All the best of breed or reserve best of breed in 2004 are all related to Clangan! Blush I think you Mr. Simon are blur as hell in this breed and your info is similar to your vision. If I do not understand Golden Retrievers, well, I am sorry to say in Malaysia no one else does especially you!!!

Like I said, I have met many like you sour grapes, put the money at your mouth and lets see what you can do in the ring. My track records speaks for itself and I am not like you, a GR person wanna be!!! Anyway, if you are Mr. Bold Simon Yip, come and see me, you know where I am and can you be bold enough to shed some lights on your auntie's name. For your info too, to read what you had written, you sounded very childish, very blur, very angry but you are not bold, you are coward and give the definition a whole true meaning, and I like people like you, I can make you a sandwich out of yourself. Come and see me if you are unhappy, no need to talk like a loose canon with no facts in a forum who only will run you down like a frog on a highway!!!Wink If you could improve on your mannerism, I may even teach you a trick or two on how to win and produce champions!!!Sly And I hope you do not have nightmares everytime you think of me, you just need to perservere a little harder!!!

Proudly The best Golden Retriever breeder and show person,

"

theme of the day "Empty barrel makes the loudest noice" Wink

sbt
Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2004, 1:17 AM

Post #24 of 27 (4536 views)
Shortcut
Re: [clangan] golden retriever breeder? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Gan,

Okay I understand your point.

My statement was to clarify to Simon, as he addressed his post to me that I am not “A fan” , (not trying to promote anyone.) I am just trying to be helpful to new GR lovers that the best available info is from the Champion breeder himself.

Normally I refer them to you, as an impartial forumer, after all let your results speak for themselves. And you are dedicated to this Breed as I gathered. Where do you think I learn about GR from in this forum, during my preparatory stage? So I will continue to share what is factual.

As for Mr. Simon let see what he can produce as a challenge, and I sure love to see a good challenge. It is good for the industry, I suppose.

Cheers! Laugh

(This post was edited by sbt on Oct 10, 2004, 1:21 AM)

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 10, 2004, 1:58 AM

Post #25 of 27 (4525 views)
Shortcut

I am glad you apreciate my opinions and advice. I am just simply being genuine. As for the challenges from the unknown person, I am very keen and eager to see him in the rings. It will be so much fun and I sincerely hope he can beat me the whole year of 2005! He will be the first to create the wave and I like that. Then my master plan will fall into places and all GR owners will benefit from it!!!

cheers,

clangan

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my