Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
Hi Everyone. Aussie need helps!

alanlim
Novice

Sep 10, 2004, 3:29 AM

Post #1 of 17 (763 views)
Shortcut
Hi Everyone. Aussie need helps! Can't Post

Hi everyone. My name is Alan Lim, I am origninally from Malaysia but came over to Australia five years ago. During that period, I bought two dogs, (cocker spaniel and Maltese). Now, I wish to bring them back with me because of work arrangement and I would like to seek him from you guys. It's good to hear that there is such a portal in Malaysia)

My first question is.
1) Has anyone here tried to bring dogs back from Australia or oversea? What's the procedure? I did some research and I know I have to get some kind of form from the government department. Then, I have to get my doggie vacinated here in Australia.

2) Since I am comming back to Kuala lumpur and my family is in Ipoh. I was wondering whether body corporate will allow people to keep dogs in the apartment or not.

3) Where can I bring my dog to socialize in Kuala lumpur? I tried to let my maltese off leash in Ipoh and get scolded by people.Mad

Thanks very much for your attention. Wish to hear from you soon. Bye!

MisterStan
Doggyman

Sep 10, 2004, 3:41 AM

Post #2 of 17 (759 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alanlim] Hi Everyone. Aussie need helps! [In reply to] Can't Post

hello there

welcome to this forum, the perfect place for dog lovers to share their experience and stories. sorry i do not about anything about bringing dogs back from Australia to Malaysia.

About the 2nd q's, we do have members living in condo's with dogs. If your dog are those that do not bark most of the time, then it would be safe. Members staying in condo's would be able to more in depth. Wink

For the 3rd q's, do refer to the event calendar. every saturday, we do have jungle trekking together with dogs. this is a good way for your dogs to socialize. Smile

when do you plan to bring your dogs back to KL?

alanlim
Novice

Sep 10, 2004, 3:52 AM

Post #3 of 17 (755 views)
Shortcut

Hi there. Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it.

Jungle Tracking. Sounds cool, where about? I would most likely be staying In Damansara because I might be working with IBM Malaysia. I am not certain yet.

Anyway, I am comming back Mid Oct, if that helps... Thanks again for your help.

Khoobg
Webmaster

Sep 10, 2004, 4:11 AM

Post #4 of 17 (746 views)
Shortcut

Please read this thread

http://www.puppy.com.my/...%20australia;#150567

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

thedogghouse
Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2004, 4:15 AM

Post #5 of 17 (738 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alan,

Glad that you are willing to take your dogs back to Malaysia. Well, as i know, last time my uncle bought a Jack Russell Terrier from Australia and did a lot of signing procedures, dog checkup, government approvement before he able to send his dog to his place which is in Singapore. I'm not really very sure about all these but then it is very troublesome and hope that you really spend some time to ask and do all these procedures. I think Malaysia's rules even more strict than Singapore because it is a Muslim country.

In my experince, cocker spaniel is likes to make noise. Hope that your dog is not. Last time i got two cocker spaniels and got so much complains from neighbour and got warning from the MPSJ.

Anywhere you can let your dog socialize. It's better not to let your dogs off leash. There are so many rules around here.

So hope can give you enough information. Take care and maybe see you soon in KL. SmileTongue

MisterStan
Doggyman

Sep 10, 2004, 4:17 AM

Post #6 of 17 (738 views)
Shortcut

no problem. glad to help you. the jungle trekking venue will be at bukit gasing. from your place to bukit gasing is not that far. see you soon in kl Smile

(This post was edited by MisterStan on Sep 10, 2004, 4:20 AM)

alanlim
Novice

Sep 10, 2004, 4:31 AM

Post #7 of 17 (732 views)
Shortcut

Hi everyone. Thanks for the reply. I almost felt like I am home already. I will have to check out whether I should get the agent to export the dog for me or not coz it will save me abit since I have two dogs.

I am really worry on the cocker spaniel. Yes, You are rite, she did bark alot, but not the maltese. I hope both of them will like Malaysia....Blush

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Sep 10, 2004, 3:00 PM

Post #8 of 17 (712 views)
Shortcut

Hi welcome to the forum.

Actually a lot of apartment won't allow dogs to be kept inside. That really depends also, if you dogs are quiet. If no complain should not be any problem keeping the dogs in apartment. Do check in the even calendar. From time to time there will be gathering. You can certainly join in.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

mrstko
Novice

Sep 10, 2004, 5:33 PM

Post #9 of 17 (705 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alan

On bringing the dogs from Oz - please check out the procedures at the Department of Veterinary Services Malaysia. I cannot remember the http but you can do a search in google, type in the full dept name, normally the site will pop out. The guidelines there are pretty clear, inclusive of a downloadable form (import permit), if I remember correctly. It has been a while since I checked there.

Basically it is not too difficult and they charge a nominal fee of about RM20, I think. However, the freight is normally the killer in bringing in dogs. Check with the airlines on the procedures. You are lucky coming back from Oz, no quarantine needed as long as all your dogs are properly checked and certified by the vets over there.

Hope this helps... I have a cocker spaniel and she never ever barks at anyone, so there you are...

If you need more help, check back with me anytime.
Resistance is futile

Bailey

Sep 10, 2004, 7:43 PM

Post #10 of 17 (697 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrstko] Hi Everyone. Aussie need helps! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Alan,

As a general rule, most condominiums have house rules which prohibits rearing of dogs in condominiums. I was told by a fellow resident that there are house rules against dogs in my condominium but I have seen several residents walking their dogs together. One of them rears a Golden Retriever. I own a Labrador Retriever which is still a puppy. As far as I am concern, if the house rules are not enforced strictly against residents then I would think that the management is ok with dog rearing in the condominium provided that the owner adheres to basic courtesy so as not to cause discomfort to his fellow neighbours such as picking up dog poo, controlling the barking, walking the dog on a leash etc. But honestly, if I were you, stay in a house because you do not have to worry about any house rules. You can rent a nice house in KL at the same or lesser rental of a condominium in the same area.

Lastly, welcome to this portal.

Puppy Power

Bailey's Owner

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

ladee_m
Doggyman

Sep 11, 2004, 12:23 AM

Post #11 of 17 (680 views)
Shortcut

HI Smile

Welcome to puppy.com & welcome back to M'sia... hehehe Laugh... in M'sia there are so many rules about keeping doggies which makes me sick... but then it is M'sia Unimpressed...

What I do to give my doggie a life outside my own house is have meetings with other members in their houses... there are not many plces where we can bring our furkids to... not even parks... the relavent ppl go to thru the trouble to make signboards not allowing dogs... I wonder why dogs get treated like that when its the untrained humans who do more damage to parks than the dogs do Crazy its okay for humans to vandalize the public equipment and other stuff... but not okay for dogs to just walk and exercise...

Anyway... I hope u have fun here meeting many fantastic ppl and make new friends too Wink

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Sep 11, 2004, 2:11 AM

Post #12 of 17 (674 views)
Shortcut

Smilehi alanlim..

nice to have you in the forum... welcome... i hope that you'll seek much more information here in this forum and hope that our members here will be able to give you the information you needed...

about you asking if your dogs are allowed in the apartment.. i think i can help you this in which i myself is a real estate agent... most of my client are foreigners and when they come they will bring their dogs along and wanting to stay in the apartments in which it's because the apartment has alots of facilities... frankly i can tell you it's a no problem .. if your dogs don't often make noises that could be a distrurbance to others, and if they are small in which don't frighten people i can tell you it's a no problem.. but it is also related if your management ... if your management are those who really do their job and it's a NO for them it's better not to bring your dog in the apartment... why not you tell me which apartment that you're staying and i will tell you if it will be ok to bring your dog there..Wink
~~~ It'S a DoGgY DoG WorLD~~

%%%%
^""'^ %%%%
( ' ; ' )
(")**(") WOW! WOW!

YUMIKO masaki @ charming PARIS girl
love's dogs... true dog lover !!!
My PETS, My FRIEND, My FAMILY

MY DEAREST MITCHER BOY MUMMY WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU 13TH MAY 2007

alanlim
Novice

Sep 11, 2004, 5:23 AM

Post #13 of 17 (661 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yumiko_masaki] Hi Everyone. Aussie need helps! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Yumiko, Thanks for your reply. I would probably stay around Damansara Putra. It that an apartment called Damansara Putra? Well, I am not pretty sure yet as I might want to catch up with you while I am in KL. I would probably come back Mid-Oct.

I realise that you are going to open a dog cafe soon. Wow! Something interesting. Over here, there are alot of dog cafe and it often filled with people. I've been to country like Taiwan and Japan and dog cafe are really hot. We might be able to share some idea when I come back. Honestly, I would like to open a dog cafe too when I come back! Talk to you soon Bye!

musashi
ALPHA

Sep 11, 2004, 6:08 AM

Post #14 of 17 (655 views)
Shortcut

SlyHi Alan,

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to Malaysia too,

You will not be left out or feel lonely if you could bring your dogs back...as some members oredi given you some info..basically Malaysia quaratine for dogs are very easy as long as you have all the required documents,the Vet in the custom/airport don't even touch your dog...my wife used to work for airlines and she told me this,OZ is free from dog diseases,so no problem at all.

I am staying in apartment too...for eight years oredi..but my dog is small and nobody complain,once someone make a general complained and the management has issued some warning notice....now quiet again..so far so good ! SInce you have two dogs and you will need to bring them out to walk,it's better to live in the landed property,rental a double storey house in Damasara Mutiara area is not so expensive either...

Blush I am the man with dog's name

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Sep 14, 2004, 6:44 PM

Post #15 of 17 (629 views)
Shortcut

Smilehi alanlim...

hmm.. Damansara putra ? well that place err.. not that happening... well as what i know that place it's a not so popular place and sometimes our clients won't want to see the place as well.. if you are really interested i can find some better place for you and bring you around to see the place in which suites to your requirements. if you are really interested you can e-mail me of your requirements in this following e-mail address : daphne_atlantis@yahoo.com (dear members this e-mail address is for my personal use for my work and also for the doggy cafe. if it's not related to it you can still e-mail me in my other e-mail address, thank you ,)

hmm about the doggy cafe the response here in puppy.com it's totally good and i'm totally convinced that this doggy cafe will do well.. currently i'm still looking for some partners for my cafe and currently i have 2 puppy.com members which it's interested and they kinda want to join in the cafe, if you are interested you can still e-mail me and we can talk about the details.. Wink

%%%%
^""'^ %%%%
( ' ; ' )
(")**(") WOW! WOW!

tomaz
Novice

Sep 14, 2004, 7:28 PM

Post #16 of 17 (622 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yumiko_masaki] Hi Everyone. Aussie need helps! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi yumiko...

i think having a doggie cafe will be an exciting idea. in fact i have been thinking of such an idea for quite sometime now. there's so many events and activities that we can hold from time to time and it'll just be a great place for doggie lovers to come together n share their experiences. or just for anybody to come and enjoy a hearty meal in a unique and lovable environment!

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Sep 15, 2004, 1:21 AM

Post #17 of 17 (614 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tomaz] Hi Everyone. Aussie need helps! [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHI THANKS FOR ENCOURAGING..
well currently were all busy with our jobs and i'm hoping that we will have enough time to really sit and discuss about this. hope that one day i'll be seeing you in the cafe ya !! as right now we have alot of events in the event list and we hope that we'll be able to organised them soon. Laugh

%%%%
^""'^ %%%%
( ' ; ' )
(")**(") WOW! WOW!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my