Hello

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

jeeyin
Enthusiast

Sep 15, 2004, 7:25 PM

Post #26 of 36 (400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bailey] Hello [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello ! Yeah..i read ur post in dog friendly places yesterday and it's very frustrating to see ppl (especially some other races) with bad responses and attitudes to our loved ones....

There are no other ways to bring Bailey to ur bf's condo besides walking her in ?? Er...not to really cheat...but can u smuggle her in in the car ??? Although that may not be really correct...Coz i think if the vet is really good, u really should continue with them, coz the vets understand more about ur dog's background and history everything...compared to new vets.

Well, same condition here. Goldie follows my dad a lot, i think he's treating my dad as the pack leader and me as the slave..Frown I wonder if all dogs treat males preferentially as their pack leader ???

Yup, be firm with her...either let her go through the door together with u or u go through first..never let her walk in front of u. And i read from a book...let's say when you are sweeping the floor and bailey is lying on the floor, make her go away so that u can sweep the floor. Yeah..must really show her that u are the leader.

Bailey

Sep 15, 2004, 8:04 PM

Post #27 of 36 (398 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jeeyin] Hello [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I do intend to smuggle her in definitely..Last weekend did not know they would behave like that cos I parked my car in the condo and did a short walk around the area. Now, I will drive her out of the condo and drive her back . There are a couple of irresponsible dog owners around that area that let their dogs roam freely without any leash and they nearly took a bit off me and my Bailey. Luckily have dog spray that BF gave me...Phew..

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

jeeyin
Enthusiast

Sep 16, 2004, 5:58 AM

Post #28 of 36 (389 views)
Shortcut

yeah, sometimes there are some dogs roaming free around my house when i bring goldie out for walk. Er, can u plz tell me more about the dog spray ? u mean the spray will make other dogs to go away ??

Bailey

Sep 20, 2004, 7:17 PM

Post #29 of 36 (384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jeeyin] Hello [In reply to] Can't Post

My BF has a dog spray to chase away all the stray dogs that comes to attack you and your furkid. Some sort like a pepper spray but only for dogs. He most probably bought it in Germany as he is from there cos I have not seen such a spray here. It works.

I am so sad today. I have decided to send Bailey to stay with my parents in Ipoh after spending 2 weeks in KL and she will be leaving me today temporarily i hope until I am able to buy a house in KL. We have a house in Ipoh with a big compound. The reason is that I feel so sad for Bailey to be alone almost 9 hours in a day in her enclosure espcially when I go to work and I feel that it is so cruel for her to be by herself despite the fact that she has tons of toys to play with. She also lacks attention during the day and she shows this by misbehaving when i take her out for walks in the evenings. SHe has been showing this behaviour since last week. She will behave very well and all of a sudden she breaks out in a run and jump at everyone. Yesterday she was like a wild puppy running around in my condo in circles and jumping from one sofa to another and banging herself into the wall or into people. She has bumped her nose a few times and I do not want her to hurt herself. I have also received some sarcastic letters from my neighbours that I am breaking the house rules in the condominium. My parents were down over the weekend and my mum and BF urged me to let go of Bailey and bring her back to Ipoh where she can run free. She has an unlimited space to run around and since they are both retired they can keep Bailey company all the time. So i gave it a lot of thought and decided not be selfish for once and let her stay with my parents who can shower her with attention the whole day. And when I have my own house to stay in hopefully in a years time, then I can start taking care of Bailey again or rear another dog (doubt my parents will give up Bailey by then). My mum is already in love with Bailey after a few days. Despite what the book says, an apartment is no place to rear a Lab at all no matter how much exercise is given to the dog. I learnt this the hard way.

I cried my eyes out yesterday night and Bailey knows that I was so sad so she snuggled close to me and laid her face on my lap. My eyes are tearing as I type as I am missing my Bailey so much already.

I want to ask is whether there are any puppy training classes in Ipoh? I want to enrol my mum for the classes so that she can handle Bailey properly especially when she takes her out for walks. I dont want Bailey pulling my mum and causing hurt to anyone as most of the people Bailey will be mixing with are the retired folks in my area!

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 21, 2004, 2:39 AM

Post #30 of 36 (378 views)
Shortcut

Hi Christine,

Am really sorry to hear about Bailey. Just ran tru your thread only to know your parent actually love in Ipoh. You bought or renting the place at Faber Heights?

I am actually staying in a condo too and looking for houses too. Most likely I'll be getting a single storey house. Cheaper mer...

Don't cry too much already. Think of it as a good thing for Bailey and be happy for her. Yeah, don't put too much hope on getting Bailey back cause your parent and Bailey would eventually build some even unseperable relationship there cause your parent had all the time for Bailey. I really do understand what you're going through and can be really painful. get yourself busy is the best way to relief the pain. Worst come worse get a toy dog lor. Easy to be kept in condo for now. But don give up searching for landed property. We dog lovers especially those weak ones in the heart and mine will always get mental torturement if living in condo with dogs. It's a pity but nothing we can do for now.
I'm just staying down the road at OUG, if you need anybody to talk to or anything at all, do give me a call.
my e-mail adress is wernnees@yahoo.com
Take Care...

CHEERS,

Wern Nee
Cheers,
Wern Nee, Piggy Puggy and Spooky Spiky

jeeyin
Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2004, 4:47 AM

Post #31 of 36 (374 views)
Shortcut

Hello !! I'm really really sorry to hear that...yeah...separating with Bailey is really suffering..since both of u have developed love...but plz think on the positive side...Bailey will get all the exercise and attention she needs...somemore your parents like her so much...rite ??? When a large breed dog is kept to a limited area for a long period, she will experience stress but nowhere to release...this might explain why she's misbehaving when you are back home. Furthermore, you can still meet Bailey when you go back to Ipoh, only a few hours drive...Cheer up !!!!

Regarding training classes in Ipoh, i'm not very sure..maybe you can post a message under the training area..but i'm sure there'll be some...Yeah, must train her, or else it will be difficult to control her when she's fully grown...

Jee Yin

Bailey

Sep 22, 2004, 10:08 PM

Post #32 of 36 (362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wernnee] Hello [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Wern Nee,

Thanks for the support . When I mentioned how I felt to my friends who are non dog owners, none of them could understand why i felt so upset over my separation with Bailey. They simply thought i was going nuts or just like to be a drama queen by nature!! Duh.. It is so nice to meet someone who can relate to how I feel. I already feel much better already. In fact I have been calling my parents everyday to check on Bailey's progress and I feel so sad just hearing Bailey bark over the phone.

I bought a unit in Faber Heights. Had I been renting I would not think twice about moving out to another place. Now i have to find an affordable house to purchase and decide whether to rent or sell my Faber Heights unit. I dont think the time is right for me to sell my unit now so I think I will hang on to it. Have not seen any nice houses that I can consider buying. The ones I like are beyond my budget!Sigh.. I have so much financial issues to solve...

thanks for giving me a shoulder to cry on

Christine

Puppy Power

Bailey

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 22, 2004, 10:20 PM

Post #33 of 36 (360 views)
Shortcut

Christine,

Of course the non dog owner won't understand. They'd never have the bond relationship with a close complanion so deep. Especially when we live in an apartment, they are always with us all the time.

Faber Hieghts has got renting value. So it's really up to you.
Hey. Come join us in OUG thread under Chit CHat. We're all looking for afordable houses there and most likely in OUG ler.

We're also plannign some get together thingy to discuss about it. Join us lor. Help each other mer...
No worries bout the shoulder. We know how hard this oughto be.
Cheers,

venessa

Sep 22, 2004, 10:32 PM

Post #34 of 36 (356 views)
Shortcut

Hi Bailey,

Welcome to this forum and I was quite new here as well. The member's here all are very frendly and helpful, i think sure you can learn as many as you want it. Wah, Bailey so intelligent ar?! She can really learned so fast?! Within a day.....great ya! Wink Oh ya, is better to finished her vaccination before you bring her out. So, will you plan to send her for the training courses?!

Tongue*venessa*

Bailey

Sep 23, 2004, 10:40 PM

Post #35 of 36 (351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wernnee] Hello [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

Hey i tried looking for the OUG thread but I cannot seem to find it. I did a search and still cannot find. Is the title of the thread called 'OUG'?

OUG is one of the few places I have considered in buying a house. Nice area, most importantly predominantly Chinese, freehold land but it has an infamous traffic problem. Has traffic improved since the authorities have upgraded Old Klang Road? Half the time the congestion is mostly it is due to traffic lights failure at the junction. However the houses are rather old. Still need more time to save up the deposit.

When is the get together eh? Let me know.

Puppy Power

Bailey

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Sep 23, 2004, 11:12 PM

Post #36 of 36 (350 views)
Shortcut

Chris,

Clink the link to the thread. http://www.puppy.com.my/...lapsed;guest=2868208
Its in Chat Chat with the topic named 'OUG mali'

Old Klang Road ar... Honestly I can't answer you this question cause I leave to work about 9.30 - 10 am and come back about 7 .30 -8 pm daily. So traffic by that time very smooth already. hehe

Chris, we're going for dim sum this sunday at Happy Garden.
Let me know in the OUG thread if you're coming. Cool
Hope to see you there....
Cheers,

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my