golden and 'mudbath'

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 21, 2003, 9:01 PM

Post #1 of 55 (5217 views)
Shortcut
golden and 'mudbath' Can't Post

issit true that goldens love 'mudbath'?Heard this from someone and this one time i went hiking,saw this golden in the mud....and he enjoyed it so very much..he was like a snake...gliding and rubbing himself against the pool of mud....ShockedThe owner didn't even lay an eye...gosh!

anyone?
Meme

odie moves MY world!

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 22, 2003, 1:59 AM

Post #2 of 55 (5206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawhoney] golden and 'mudbath' [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

when hunter was 5 months old, he had this hobby of digging holes in our beautiful garden covered with carpet glass. first, it'll be at a size of a golf hole. and he'll sit next to it, smiling. (and we think it's really cute)

couple of days later, he dug it even bigger and deeper, and sat right on the hole, smiling (yes, it fits him perfectly). of course, we covered the hole with sand.

it was raining the day he dug his REALLY big hole (we weren't in). when we came back, our fairly light brown golden became a US version of golden (dark mahogany brown) - four paws dark brown, head dark brown, body dark brown. he must've rubbed his entire body at the hole or something. and he was really happy being covered in mud. running wildly in circles.

people say goldens love digging holes. i guess it's because they love mud in the first place, that's why they became hole diggers.

luckey
ALPHA

Jan 22, 2003, 6:32 AM

Post #3 of 55 (5205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] golden and 'mudbath' [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe its not just goldens but Gundogs in general that like hole digging. Or maybe brinkley dug the hole and let luckey lie in it so she gets the blame Tongue

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 22, 2003, 11:06 AM

Post #4 of 55 (5202 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] golden and 'mudbath' [In reply to] Can't Post

Hahahahhaha~~~~~~~~~!
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
"brinkley dug the hole and let luckey lie in it so she gets the blame"Sly

Mack luv to dig holes and sit on (in?) it too.
But had no chance by now to try MUDbath.... I think he prefer SNOWbathing.... almost the same way as you all decribed in MUD.Tongue

But Max (my dog back home) used to get himself wet in the longkang, shallow one at home, with fourlegs straight, with swimming movement, until all wet and dirty! YAK~! Then dunno should cry or laugh to see him "he..he..heh.." laughing at me. Kek-sei~Mad

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

(This post was edited by mackmack on Jan 22, 2003, 11:10 AM)

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 22, 2003, 12:58 PM

Post #5 of 55 (5198 views)
Shortcut

I guess in general,goldens are not that hygienic..compared to other dogs...Unsure

I know dogs are prone to digging..sometimes to hide their food...sometimes when they are too bored...BUT the look (the one i saw) when he was 'mudbathing',it just grosses me out...PirateLuckily I've never seen Odie in mud before....yuckkk.....but once he ate some horse poo poo when we were frolicking at the beach..it was so very disgusting!!He ate it as if that was a steak!!gosh!!!And when we bring him to the beach,he digs and digs and digs....and his whole body is usually covered with sand...

Yeah,that's what I heard about Goldie...they love mud....haha,maybe they think they get better coat by that...facial mask...Slyhehe...
Meme

odie moves MY world!

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 22, 2003, 1:03 PM

Post #6 of 55 (5197 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] golden and 'mudbath' [In reply to] Can't Post

haha......if you guys wanna do some planting,just ask your golden to dig holes for you!!TongueI think they are more than pleased to do it...keh keh keh...Angelic that's so cool...better than machine...
Meme

odie moves MY world!

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 22, 2003, 9:04 PM

Post #7 of 55 (5187 views)
Shortcut

mack2,

hey where are ya living at? gee... i really hope my dog get's to snow bathe one day... what will it be like? anyway, if i get to choose, i rather want him to snowbathe - it's cleaner anyway :P

do goldens like icy cold weathers? or they just curl up and sleep by the fire?

aiyaaaa..... longkang? he sure know how to choose a good spot LOL

ps : the dog in the photo looks really handsome (what's his name). how'd u groom him so well? i mean, the fur is all neat - straight and long... my dog's fur is curly no matter how i comb him - especially the part at his backside...perhaps i'm combing with wrong techniques.

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 22, 2003, 9:10 PM

Post #8 of 55 (5186 views)
Shortcut

strawhoney,

ga! horse poop? your dog eats horse poop (like a steak)!!!??? that is... phenomenal....!

well, i feel they're not unhygienic dogs... perhaps... it's just that they LOVE to dig as a hobby or something :D

LOL facial mask :D:D:D

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 23, 2003, 12:14 AM

Post #9 of 55 (5178 views)
Shortcut

Hi~ "Hunter"!Smile

I put down quite a lot about myself and my golden, Mack, in Members Introduction session under the thread of "Super Dog Lover". Feel free to stop by there~Wink

I saw Hunter in one of the party picsWink

I am now in US. I just sent Mack back to M'sia on 3Jan. Before that, we were in Michigan, the pic attached to my posts was taken during december 02. STRAIGHT hair??Wink yes, brush him quite often, but the one u saw from the pic was actually due to strong wind blow~ it was below 10F, chilly and windy, until Mack's hair were all in ONE DIRECTION.
But most of the time, I will make sure he looks NEAT and CLEAN geh.....
About the curly spot at his backside, Hahahhah....same for Mack ler.... i prefer a bit curly... more "yook-shu-lam-foong"SlySlySly

and YES, golden LOVES snow!!! not only that, they loves summer too as it will be their hunting/swimming time! Basically, as being a hunting dog, golden could adapt to anykind of environment and weather easily.

Mack in now in KL. Adjusting himself to the HOT weather. pretty much done with his shedding..... gain back some appetite, no more "lau-sai" (due to stomach discomfort).....

Crossing my fingers.... hope MACK won't gain this habit of MUD bathing.Unsure

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 23, 2003, 2:01 AM

Post #10 of 55 (5173 views)
Shortcut

LOL no wonder ur dog's hair seems like it's all gelled up so nicely already or something. what kind of brush do u use? the flat comb? or just the big brush?

hahaa... curly hair makes my dog look messy.. (i dun think it's yook shu lam fong lo). especially after baths. he looks so... curly.

wow! really! they love snow? i can't imagine that! so u really take ur mack mack for hunting games? izzit the duck retrieving stuffs? this is so interesting! somemore, your dog looks gorgeous. have he won in trials before huh...???

LOL, yeah. just hope our dogs don't go into mud bathing interest. u better worry about your dog's longkang swimming hobby too :D:D:D

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 23, 2003, 11:40 AM

Post #11 of 55 (5170 views)
Shortcut

yes he didUnsure and it was so disgusting becuz he gobbled it up like a glutton..not that we did not give him anything to eat..like we very 'hark bok'....Unimpressed he was actually off leash lar...maybe the horse had some kind of indigestion problem and there's 'leftover' in the Crazy...grrrrr.......

we have yet brought odie to snowbath...ah...that's so nice...at least better than 'MUDBATH'...Cool but according to odie's grandpa and grandma, (they brought him to a place with snow),he really liked playing with snow...I guess snow is definitely a 'YES' for goldie...Smile

ciao
Meme

odie moves MY world!

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 23, 2003, 11:45 AM

Post #12 of 55 (5169 views)
Shortcut

Ying, does swim during summer? does he like it?Odie doesn't swim and he's afraid of waterPirate

we brought him to a beach nearby (that's where he ate poo poo) and he din dare to get into the water...until we left him alone...he joined us but still afraid of the water....like it's poisonous or something...I think it's really weird for a golden to hate playing with water...I mean they love to swim,don't they?
Meme

odie moves MY world!

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 23, 2003, 1:50 PM

Post #13 of 55 (5166 views)
Shortcut

Cool

Hunter,
Mack has most curly hair at his back, back right at the middle of his back, the hair is FLAT, why?? coz he sleeps with all four-legs pointing upwards in the airTongue that makes his back all flat and the hair coming out to the sides are curly. (can imagine?Wink)

He loves snow, he usually jump into snow pile like "diving", and "swim and swim"..... until who face and body covered by snow. Then look back at me and smileSmile
as for the "longkang swimming", mack didn't pratise it, it was my another dog back home called MAX, he is 11 yr-old now, a pitbull & mastiff mix. He did all these naughty things while he was still a pup, and taught my another pup when Max get older. (old storiesTongue)

but he never try hunting. he likes jungle tracking but scared of guns....so i guess he won't be a good hunting dog. and Thanks for your compliments, but never been to any show or competition.
Have you seen Mack's pics over at the gallery session? Mind to share some pics of hunter with us?

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 23, 2003, 1:53 PM

Post #14 of 55 (5165 views)
Shortcut

MeMe,

Mack is definitely not afraid of water but i never had chance to bring him to a beach to swim. Hey.... Upper Peninsula of MI.... no beach there. We'll have snow from october until May. But i brought him to lake/river side... didn't dare to offleash him. He seems like want to jump into the water, but i just dun wanna bet on it.Wink

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 23, 2003, 8:30 PM

Post #15 of 55 (5155 views)
Shortcut

ohyeah...there was this time...the beach where we usually frequent....apart from beach,there's also river...odie saw a duck and he wanted to jump into the river..but luckily we were fast enough to stop him before he turned into a 'wet duck'...hehe=P
Meme

odie moves MY world!

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 23, 2003, 9:20 PM

Post #16 of 55 (5151 views)
Shortcut

hey ur dog sleep with his belly up? on what surface he does that huh...? my dog definitely hates sleeping with four legs pointing up anyway since the marble surface in our house is not so comforting.
but i think, straight hair with some slight curl should look nicer lor..

wow. i really envy ur dog la. i hope i myself could dive in a snow and "swim" with my dog one day :D
ohh.. so it's max who is the longkang swimmer.. i see.......... cute! it's the first time i heard this kind of recreational activity.. just hope my dog won't have any interest in that "game" :p

yeah, i've seen the gallery yesterday. mack looks gorgeous! and as a pup, he's really cute - small small puppy like very serious looking....! (i didn't get to see my dog as a small puppy.. when i bought him he was about 4 months old, quite large already)...

i'll share some pics as soon as possible. lost all my dog pics after formatting my computer the other day.

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 23, 2003, 11:41 PM

Post #17 of 55 (5143 views)
Shortcut

on what surface he did that?
Hahahha.....basically, ANY surface!Sly
especially when he's sleeping tight with sweet dreams. When he's in US with me, carpet everywhere in the house besides bathrooms. But most of the time, he'll be on the couch or on my bed.

Can't wait to see more pics on hunter!Smile

luckey
ALPHA

Jan 24, 2003, 6:59 AM

Post #18 of 55 (5137 views)
Shortcut

brinkley's like that too! she loves to go on her back with all fours sticking up... she also has a lot of dreams, but hope they are good ones, she barks in her sleep.

oh you should def see pics of hunter... actually, that wouldnt be a 100% representation, you should see hunter in real life, really elegant... moves with head high and very graceful. Very handsome fella.

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 24, 2003, 10:22 PM

Post #19 of 55 (5127 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] golden and 'mudbath' [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah... always with good dreams, can tell from Mack's "reaction"Wink
But sometimes nightmares too, like DROWNING ,
then i'll shake him and shout "mummy help! mummy help!", but he would wake up and look at me with the face of "dun kakacuacau~"Crazy

I can imagine how hunter walks with head up, coz mack too! especially when i walk him out and meet neighbours, he will "show off" to neighbors and their dogs, like his owner is walking him, and he knows a lot of commands and bahave well. When my neighbors praised him, he'll SHOW a lot of TRICKS~ i think just to please others gua.....

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 25, 2003, 10:59 AM

Post #20 of 55 (5120 views)
Shortcut

hey guys, speaking of sleeping.. do ur dogs snore?

mine does. sometimes. the first time i heard, was when i was doing my assignment 3am in the mornin' in my room - he was sleeping under the desk i'm working....

then all of a sudden.. there's this... snore... like a man's snore - deeeep NGRRROOOOOoooo...... i was like, who was that!!!???? then noticed - it's my dog snoring :D

luckey : you're the first person who thinks that my dog is graceful LOL... normally people would say he walks like a woman (does brinkley does that?) the only thing about hunter is that he's small size for a male golden. the vet said he's the "small" type. but that's okay i love him anyway :D !

ps : looked thru the gallery, brinkley is really cute! look forward to see her/him? all grown up one day :D

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 25, 2003, 5:18 PM

Post #21 of 55 (5119 views)
Shortcut

hehe..not only snore...but 'far$' too...i don't think that word is allowed here...hehe...and the smell is worse than durian....arghhhh!!!Cool
Meme

odie moves MY world!

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 25, 2003, 5:21 PM

Post #22 of 55 (5118 views)
Shortcut

It's weird cuz Odie always sleeps in the bathroom...hehe...even tho the bathroom is kinda small for him,he sleeps there most of the time...that's why this has given me the idea that GR really loves cold places..Wink
Meme

odie moves MY world!

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 25, 2003, 5:24 PM

Post #23 of 55 (5118 views)
Shortcut

yeah..i've seen some clips oh odie's parents and siblings playing in the pool...it was really fun...it was at the breeder's house...omigod!!they (all the goldies) jumped into the pool together(splash splashLaugh) and then ODIE din wan to...he just ran around the pool side and looked at his other siblings...aiyo....odie so 'jar'...hahaha...maybe ODIE is a city dog...Unsure
Meme

odie moves MY world!

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 26, 2003, 12:45 AM

Post #24 of 55 (5114 views)
Shortcut

Hunter,

Of course, I never ask such a question coz i thought it's NORMALBlush yeah....he snores and "boot-boot" like human styleTongue. Once mack boot-boot very loud and he turned his head back and look at everyone with the "annoyed-look" like asking :"Hey~ who boot-boot?"Tongue

when Mack snores, he sure in "deep" sleep.... will snore with four-legs up, head facing at a side, then "ngorrrrrrrrr~~~~~~~~~~phiew~". But if i put a bone-bone at his nose, he'll sniff and sniff with eyes closed.....Sly

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 26, 2003, 4:56 AM

Post #25 of 55 (5113 views)
Shortcut

oOoooo...

and i thought my dog wasn't normal. so my dog is good ol' average snoring + far*ing golden. i must say i'm relieved :D

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my