Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
Hihi

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Aug 29, 2004, 10:38 AM

Post #1 of 20 (463 views)
Shortcut
Hihi Can't Post

Hi, I'm new here. I've got a 4 months old brown male miniature pinscher. May I know how to make him less energetic cos he practically rips almost everything he can find when I'm at work. He lives in my airwell during the day time but during night time, he is allowed to play in the house.
---------------------------------
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Aug 29, 2004, 6:31 PM

Post #2 of 20 (447 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TOPDOG] Hihi [In reply to] Can't Post

Btw, his name is FRANKO but I call him SCOTTY though
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

(This post was edited by TOPDOG on Aug 29, 2004, 6:33 PM)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 29, 2004, 8:49 PM

Post #3 of 20 (440 views)
Shortcut

HI TOPDOG,

Warm welcome ot the forum here.... glad to know another minpin member ! Btw, we have a minpin thread @ the toy group session Do come and join us with ur cutie fella as we might be having a small gathering somewhere in pandan area on the 4th sept.

as for minpin being less energectic one way is to exercise your dog and another thing is that some dogs tends to be more hyper when they are young so gotto bear with it lor.

cheers,
minglmy

jeeyin
Enthusiast

Aug 29, 2004, 8:51 PM

Post #4 of 20 (437 views)
Shortcut

Hi !!! It's nice to meet you here. Puppies are always like that...extremely energetic...like my 6 months old lab...terribly hyperactive too~~~Cool Do u provide him some chewing toys ?? Or u could get some toy where u can stuff treats into it....so he'll be busy trying to get the treat out from the toy for some time~!!!!!

Plz enjoy urself here !!!!! Ohh..by the way...i'm jee yin~!! Tongue

Sydney
Doggyman

Aug 29, 2004, 9:08 PM

Post #5 of 20 (436 views)
Shortcut

Dun play with him lar...

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Aug 30, 2004, 1:27 AM

Post #6 of 20 (428 views)
Shortcut

Hi and Welcome..... pups are normally energetic so you have to really play with the pup, make him tired so he will sleep the whole day... then buy some puppy toys lah....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Aug 30, 2004, 2:35 AM

Post #7 of 20 (425 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Hihi [In reply to] Can't Post

hihi, nice to meet u all

i need to know whether mosquitos can harm him or not cos my airwell got many mosquitos at night.
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

nathalie
Doggyman

Aug 30, 2004, 4:36 AM

Post #8 of 20 (421 views)
Shortcut

Smilehi

yes mosquitoes can be quite harmful especially towards puppies. These mosquitoes sometimes carries heartworm..which is fatal to pups.

Therefore we strong advise u to either net your pup, keep in indoors or start taking Heartgard (preferbly for pups beyond 6 mths) fot protection..

more information regarding dangers of moquitoes can be found :

http://www.canismajor.com/dog/hartworm.html#Para

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Aug 30, 2004, 8:09 AM

Post #9 of 20 (412 views)
Shortcut

Ah... mozzies can harm him badly.... they can infect a doggie with viruses and bacteria than they carry.... Can carry heartworm and that is very fatal........ must take heartguard pills loh but then, you have to give it according to the pup's the age.....

Must put some mosquito netting.... or you can always buy some insect repellent that is not toxic to dogs... now got sell those natural repellent spary but this won't work for the whole night lah, maybe only a few hours.... why don't let puppy sleep with you? Just in the same room coz dogs become closer to owners when they sleep in the same room......

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

JolinG
Doggyman

Aug 30, 2004, 2:54 PM

Post #10 of 20 (411 views)
Shortcut

hie there welcome to the forumSmile

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Aug 30, 2004, 3:57 PM

Post #11 of 20 (410 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] Hihi [In reply to] Can't Post

hihi

anyone can recommend me a good n reasonably priced vet around PJ? I do not want to pay Dr Yeoh's prices.
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Aug 30, 2004, 4:20 PM

Post #12 of 20 (408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Hihi [In reply to] Can't Post

FRANKO keeps on scratching the area around his nose and as a result, that particular area does not have much 'hair'/'fur'. Could it be fungus? How can I treat it?

Anyway, if my 4mths old min pin is about 1 feet long, does it mean that he is too big and therefore i have to control his diet? how much more will he grow? I dont want him to be too big cos at his size now, he is ideal for my apartment.
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 30, 2004, 5:05 PM

Post #13 of 20 (405 views)
Shortcut

Hi welcome to the forum.

You can try to give some toys for your dog. You must tell the dog "NO" when he is trying to bite some other thing that he shouldn't.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

yst323
Old Kaki

Aug 30, 2004, 7:23 PM

Post #14 of 20 (396 views)
Shortcut

Hi welcome....
You can only play with him to exhaust his energy loh... or perhaps give him toy toy to play around.

Mosquito can be harmful to doggie especially when mosquito carries virus.... 4mths pup should be able to take heart guard medicine and vet told me that once you give pup for heart guard, no other deworm medicine need to be given liao... more details information, check with vet better loh...

ST & PP & TT Frown

PP & TT photos
(latest upload: 3 Feb 2006)

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Aug 30, 2004, 9:18 PM

Post #15 of 20 (391 views)
Shortcut

hi!!
welcome here!! hahah puppy very playful one lah.. play with him lah.. u will miss these days when he grown up.. hehehe..

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!
THE BULLDOG STATION **drop us a visit **
PHOTO ALBUM : PUPPY.COM & OTHERS
Ref: Pg 18; 19

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Aug 31, 2004, 1:07 AM

Post #16 of 20 (388 views)
Shortcut

any mini pinscher owners free to talk about dog tomorrow afternoon? Cos I just got this pup only and it my first time rearing a min pin so I need some expert guidance and briefing on the pup.
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 31, 2004, 2:42 AM

Post #17 of 20 (383 views)
Shortcut

hmm...keep scratching ? any redness or pimple on that area ? maybe cud be skin allergy ... u can always go n ask ur vet for advise.

4months old minpin got long way to grow... they will slow down when it comes to abt 8 months old or so. 1 feet long is not big at all... u shd see mine LOL... both of them are really really HUGE in size for a minpin. What to do... fat kids I got here.

How much more they will grow will depends largely on the parents. Have u seen the parents before ? if yes, then ur furkid will be roughly about that size.

cheers,
minglmy

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 31, 2004, 2:42 AM

Post #18 of 20 (380 views)
Shortcut

Talk abt minpin ? go to minpin gang forum lar... hehehe !

cheers,
minglmy

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Aug 31, 2004, 5:35 AM

Post #19 of 20 (372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Hihi [In reply to] Can't Post

ok i'm oredi there Cool
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 31, 2004, 6:45 AM

Post #20 of 20 (365 views)
Shortcut

glad 2 know it.....Wink

cheers,
minglmy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my