Me and Rufus

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

elainew

Aug 26, 2004, 6:55 PM

Post #1 of 185 (2025 views)
Shortcut
Me and Rufus Can't Post

Hi All,

I have a 4 months old puppy, Rufus. (Can anyone see his pic, not sure if it is successfully attached to my profile). Crazy

He is a Maltese who no longer looks like this, cause I have to shave him bald. (Looks like Chihuahua now) Why? He got bacteria infection, skin has red spots and scratching like mad. And I have agreed with the vet to shave him so that I can treat him right to the point. Hope he would heal fast -cause I just burnt 200RM - that is before i red about previous postings on this-and saw Mr. Derric can rectify it under RM10. Crazy . Oh well. Amazingly, i have no problem feeding him medicine, cause he is such a "rubbish bin"

Rufus does not like the Down command...he is very egoistic.

Hope to hear from all other members soon Smile

Cheerio!

elaine

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Aug 26, 2004, 6:57 PM

Post #2 of 185 (2021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elainew] Me and Rufus [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Elaine...welcome to the forum!!!! Wink

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

MisterStan
Doggyman

Aug 26, 2004, 6:58 PM

Post #3 of 185 (2017 views)
Shortcut

hi there

welcome to this forum. Smile

(This post was edited by MisterStan on Aug 26, 2004, 6:59 PM)

barry

Aug 26, 2004, 7:02 PM

Post #4 of 185 (2013 views)
Shortcut

he looks really cute,pity the little who encounter such problem at only 4 mths.When i adopted my deedee she had the same skin problem.I only cut her hair really short not totally bald.It took about 3 wks to recovered on regular vet visits.Which vet do you go to?I hope your lil Rufus will get better soon.

(This post was edited by barry on Aug 26, 2004, 7:09 PM)

ladee_m
Doggyman

Aug 26, 2004, 7:14 PM

Post #5 of 185 (2009 views)
Shortcut

HI Smile

Welcome Cool... hope u meet many wonderful ppl here and make new friends too... wishing a speedy recovery for ur Rufus... keep us updated on his condition ya... take care and have fun... ENJOY Wink

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

elainew

Aug 26, 2004, 7:31 PM

Post #6 of 185 (2004 views)
Shortcut
Re: [barry] Me and Rufus [In reply to] Can't Post

Hiee...thanks all for the well-wishes..will pass that on to Rufus

Barry, I think your puppy has Maltese blood too, because of the eyes. Wink I read your post that it has Shih Tzu blood, right? I am really proud that you made that choice...the last time I went to PAWS was giving them little stray kittens.

Three weeks sounds alright..i hope..i am spending like 1 hour before and after work just to ensure his ears r clean, paws are nicely filed (i dun do that to myself even) and ensure my mum feed him the right dosage.

Phoenix...you terrier's ears standing or floppy..i was wondering whether is it normal for a silky terrier to have floppy ears (my dear friend has one...very anti-social to all dogs and kids though..but very manja to us)

Mister Stan's i guess is a Beagle?.I always wondered how big a beagle would grow up to be...medium size?

Ladee_m...really look lady like Smile ..poodle? plan to make it french style?Wink

elaine

elainew

Aug 26, 2004, 8:03 PM

Post #7 of 185 (1998 views)
Shortcut

Barry, after the deedee's visit to the vet...when was the next?

Forgot to say that I went the the vet along the new old klang road highway...next to Esso station, nearer toward Fed Highway.

Actually, our fav vet , Dr. Mukundan, was in PJ( 9o'clock at the first roundabout after Old klang road)...looks run down ...but very good with all my cats and dog (it was a Spitz)...and price never went up to 50 RM. hmm...maybe inflation.

About Deedee's eating habits...well i tried on Woofie (my friend's terrier)...i microwave those soft food (ceasar) with lid on for like 1 min...almost explode...but really smells nice. ensure deedee is there to smell. Then cool it to room temperature. when cool...feed her bit by bit if she does not eat from the plate/bowl.

We have tried for 3 years now to find what woofie likes...and after a few months...her taste changes.

elaine

jeeyin
Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2004, 8:14 PM

Post #8 of 185 (1995 views)
Shortcut

Hi elaine !! NIce to meet you !! Plz enjoy urself here.

Sad to hear that Rufus was shaved. I own a 6 months old lab and he has experienced that before !! that was when he was 4 months...he was shaved by the vet at many places....though not all over the body, and then, we had to apply cream for him everyday. Took about 2 weeks to recover and about 1 month for him to recover his handsome looks !! Tongue He had bacteria infection too.....

By the way, may i know where is PAWS located ??

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Aug 26, 2004, 10:36 PM

Post #9 of 185 (1986 views)
Shortcut

hi welome to the big family! hope u enjoy here..

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!
THE BULLDOG STATION **drop us a visit **
PHOTO ALBUM : PUPPY.COM & OTHERS
Ref: Pg 18; 19

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

elainew

Aug 26, 2004, 10:58 PM

Post #10 of 185 (1979 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jeeyin] Me and Rufus [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jeeyin

Your labrador has looks that would make you give in to his demands . Very adorable.

PAWS is in Subang opposite Hyatt Saujana Subang, like going to the old Airport. Below link will show you the map.

http://pawsmalaysia.com/imports/findus.html

I was about to donate some cat biscuits there(cause my cat Chelsea died-roadkill) but my mum gave all to the stray cats at the back..well, samething I guess.

Seeing how cute deedee is, i guess we can find adorable animals there.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 26, 2004, 11:34 PM

Post #11 of 185 (1972 views)
Shortcut

Hi Elaine n Rufus,

A warm welcome to the forum here....

cheers,
minglmy

Koogiebus
Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2004, 11:54 PM

Post #12 of 185 (1964 views)
Shortcut

HeLLo..
a big welcome for you and ur cute little maltese...Blush
***** KOOGIE LOVES U ALL ***********

MisterStan
Doggyman

Aug 27, 2004, 12:23 AM

Post #13 of 185 (1959 views)
Shortcut

hi there

your maltese is so cute and adorable. feel like i want to give a soft pinch. Tongue yeah mine is a beagle. by referring to www.puppy.com.my, the average size is 18-30 lbs.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Aug 27, 2004, 3:00 AM

Post #14 of 185 (1943 views)
Shortcut

Hello Elaine and Rufus, welcome!!!!WinkCool

Rufus looks cute.... so sad that you had to shave his fur..... it happened to my cat, it had fungus and the vet shaved my cat bald!!!!

I also have 4 dogs, one of them is a shih tzu...... a senior dog hahaha... the rest are big dogs and they treat my shih tzu like their leader... have to obey him, if not, my Willy boy will bite their ears hahahah.....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

musashi
ALPHA

Aug 27, 2004, 3:48 AM

Post #15 of 185 (1936 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Welcome to the big family,

My dog are treated by the same Vet u've mentiond,we pay him a visit every year,this shall be the 9th years.

Just wondering why u need to use microwave for the ceasar dog food, it really smells good if just open without warm up. It used to be Taro's favorite food, but now he don't seems like it so much,may be grown up oredi & taste changed. Crazy If u really wants to warm up the dog food,I think 10 ~20 seconds is more than enough !

Blush I am the man with dog's name

MisterStan
Doggyman

Aug 27, 2004, 4:11 AM

Post #16 of 185 (1932 views)
Shortcut

hello

you were saying that you fav vet was in PJ. which part of pj? Smile

nathalie
Doggyman

Aug 27, 2004, 6:04 AM

Post #17 of 185 (1926 views)
Shortcut

Smilehello rufus and mummy....

looking at her crate reminds me of the crate my teddy used to live in 5 years ago...full of soft toys and hides. The best thing is he goes into the cage himself when he wants to play or sleep, now he hates cages and roam freely in my house

wishing both of you a warm welcome and hope rufus recover soon and may her beautiful coat grow real soon Tongue

jeeyin
Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2004, 7:34 AM

Post #18 of 185 (1917 views)
Shortcut

Hi ! So sad that ur Chelsea died by accident. Hope Chelsea could rest in peace !

Yeah..u know what..? deedee in the picture looks like he/she is one of the toys !! Wink Really cute and looks mischievous !!! HAHAhhaha

Oh..anyway, thanx for the map to PAWS yah....i'm really quite interested to visit those adorable animals there !! Smile

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 27, 2004, 1:56 PM

Post #19 of 185 (1914 views)
Shortcut

Hi welcome to the forum.

Yes the picture in the avatar is a nice little doggie. Is good to shave the hair off because skin problem is hard to heal with all the hair. No worries I am sure your RM 200 is well spend and worth it.

For your information silky will not have floppy ear. If they have floppy ear then something is not right. All silky's ear must stand straight up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

(This post was edited by kitconnie78 on Aug 27, 2004, 1:58 PM)

elainew

Aug 27, 2004, 5:49 PM

Post #20 of 185 (1903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Me and Rufus [In reply to] Can't Post

MisterStan...i dunno the road name..so I will try to describe. It is very near a chinese temple Sau Seng Lum. From Old Klang road, u'll meet the 1st roundabout. take immediate left and left again. Then right. Once you turn right you will see it on your right. Dun look very much like modern clinics though. I have not been there for like 10 years

elainew

Aug 27, 2004, 5:52 PM

Post #21 of 185 (1903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musashi] Me and Rufus [In reply to] Can't Post

Musashi..you go to the Old Klang Road one? hehe, what a coincidence. I guess whoevery lives in OKR will visit that vet. They monopolise that area already. The Vet was a girl. I think the guy was not there yet.

elainew

Aug 27, 2004, 6:06 PM

Post #22 of 185 (1900 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Me and Rufus [In reply to] Can't Post

yyh

do you still own both cats and dogs? It is amazing how they respect each other's space and they don't hurt each other.

haha...Willly has proof to all that size does not matter, as long as you have the will to show who is the leader. I can imagine howw funny it would be when Willy command all the big ones to go fetch its toys or something ...wow!

elaine

elainew

Aug 27, 2004, 6:13 PM

Post #23 of 185 (1900 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] Me and Rufus [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Nathalie

What you did to Teddy pic is very beautiful, makes him majestic looking.

Rufus still likes his crate(keeping my fingers cross). I try to be very careful not to send him to his crate if he did something wrong, and never scold him when he is in there. So he thinks that is his sanctuary...nobody can touch him there.

Do you think maybe Teddy had a nasty experience in his crate? Maybe can play with Teddy in there till he has sweet memories within his crate. Then soon teddy may make his crate his fav place again Smile

barry

Aug 27, 2004, 7:18 PM

Post #24 of 185 (1898 views)
Shortcut

The next visit after her first vet visited was 5 days later cause during that period her skin condition was really bad.I bring her to the vet,their charges was reasonable too.
The problem diet is she's allergy to certain kind of protein such as chicken breast & all meat can food but now i'm feeding her science diet with only 19% of protein.The doctor said usually dog with skin problem should stick to low protein diet.

elainew

Aug 27, 2004, 7:29 PM

Post #25 of 185 (1890 views)
Shortcut

Barry..thanks much. Brilliant info.

I will keep track on his protein intake. He has been taking Science Diet too. first was Puppy Original then I switched to Lamb & Rice. however, I kind spoiled him with treats..those milk biscuits and some meat base ones.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my