Home: Mixed Breed: Mixed Breed and Mongrels:
Caring for Mongrels

joanch
Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2004, 9:58 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1579 views)
Shortcut
Caring for Mongrels Can't Post

hi, i've just adopted a mongrel, see my avatar. But i never had a mongrel before, may I know how to take care of it, like what kinda shampoo should I use(it has short fur) and food? I wish that her fur will be shiny and smooth as I like to sayang her a lot:-)

a million thanks:-)

Joanne
I have a Papillon and an Australian Silky Terrier. One sheds and the other one needs grooming quite a lot

mk_sara84
Dog Kichi

Aug 27, 2004, 4:00 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joanch] Caring for Mongrels [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

I have 2 mongrels myself and the look just like yours.Firstly you must remember that a mongrel just like any other pure breed dog needs good nutrition to be healthy and the food that we eat cannot provide that for them so don't feed them what we eat.

To find out more about what you should feed and use on your pup go to any pet shop and ask for their advice.You can even go to any vet for iquiries.Have you vacinated your puppy?You better do so just ask your vet.If you have transport and don't live to far away you can go to PEt Safari in Ikano power centre it's in Mutiara damansara behind one utama.the workers there will inform you on EVERYTHING you need.

hope you and your pup stay happy and healthy.

regards,

sara

-

joanch
Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2004, 4:07 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1545 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mk_sara84] Caring for Mongrels [In reply to] Can't Post

hello! Thanks for your suggestions!

Well, im not from KL so it will be difficult for me to bring it to the vet, but I already vaccinated my puppy, how many vaccination do i need for my puppy?

Oh yeah, what shampoo are you using to bath your mongrels? Of course dont worry, I never feed my puppy with what I eat. What food do you buy?
Its great to meet you here! i wont be online(unless maybe weekend) from 28/8-end of September. I miss this forum very much... Its a great place to visit right.
I have a Papillon and an Australian Silky Terrier. One sheds and the other one needs grooming quite a lot

mk_sara84
Dog Kichi

Aug 27, 2004, 4:19 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1540 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joanch] Caring for Mongrels [In reply to] Can't Post

I feed my puppies nutro puppy food it's a premium dog food.It's nutritional values are the same as alpo or pedegree but the ingredients that they use is of better quality.I use a puppy shampoo called new age dog its good for the coat but you can ask your vet what shampoo is suitable if you cant find this one.you need to vaccinate your pup 3 times once a month(3 months in a row) and then 1 time a year after that.Only a qualified vet can do vaccinations so make sure you research your vet before you send you pup their.if the vet isnt a real vet it could cost your puppy his lifeFrown.Hope this information helped you.

If your interested in joining a mongrel apriciation club please register your name and pets at http://www.puppy.com.my/...cgi?post=161297&

Take care.

-

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my