Home: Behavioral Problems: Aggresive Dogs and Puppies:
My darling dog HATES kids, other dogs and other people

bess_kelpie
New User

Aug 20, 2004, 11:27 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1770 views)
Shortcut
My darling dog HATES kids, other dogs and other people Can't Post

Bess my rescued Kelpie is very protective of her family. But she can't interact with other dogs becuase she continously bites dogs and cause havick. She can't be sniffed she has to sniff them first. The dogscan't be taller or shorter then her they have to be either not puppies but not old dogs. She is very picky and i hate to see her not being able to run with other dogs. Bess also hates kids, when they run past or don't do anything. She lunges and nips them. I don't want anyone getting hurt so please help me!

I take her to Obedience schools and we have placed 3rd in begginers, 2nd in intermmediate and 1st in Advanced and is starting transition but her behoaviours haven't improved

Dar
Dog Kichi

Aug 23, 2004, 5:41 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1658 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bess_kelpie] My darling dog HATES kids, other dogs and other people [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

How old is your dog? You did say it was rescued; where did you rescue it from? Your dog could have a bad history with other dogs and kids or it is just trying to state its place in the pack as the boss. It is good that you are taking it for the classes but you should let your dog mix around, socialize with people and dogs.It will take time and you might see some dog fight too but try to over come the fight because you don't want to be in a dog fight do you? Don't give up the classes and do take your dog for walks and meet friends (will be better to meet friends with dogs themselves).

Good luck

Dar

animallover08
New User

Feb 19, 2005, 5:30 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1398 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bess_kelpie] My darling dog HATES kids, other dogs and other people [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Well it looks like your dog is kinda like mine...My dog is aggressive towards strangers...Welll the only thing you can do, is get professional help from a trainer that specializes in aggressive dogs...That will help the most... IF you know what your doing then you can try to teach the dog its not right to growl and stuff and Ive tried this with my dog it helps if you get a muzzle on the dog and then ask people to throw a bone like a treat to the dog so it helps the dog to learn to get used to being around strangers...If not the best thing is to get professional help... Hope it helps and Good luck!!:)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my