IN

Home: Breed Specific: Gundog Group:
Single Testicle?? Help me pls!

alvin_augustus

Aug 20, 2004, 7:05 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1826 views)
Shortcut
Single Testicle?? Help me pls! Can't Post

Hi all, I have a 5months plus ACS puppy, and I found that he only have one side testicle instead of a pair....according to breeders experience, I have been told that my puppy should have another ball dropped on this age stage! But I checked everyday, and I can't even feel the another ball inside? Any way to solve this? Or...can I asked for any injection?

Alvin Augustus Ng
[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/537768_10151485094615786_1774682625_n.jpg[/image]

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 20, 2004, 8:42 PM

Post #2 of 9 (1807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alvin_augustus] Single Testicle?? Help me pls! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Alvin,

Did't saw you at the show.

Did you check with your Vet regarding your ACS pup?

alvin_augustus

Aug 21, 2004, 12:26 AM

Post #3 of 9 (1780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Single Testicle?? Help me pls! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chris,

I am now trying to find a good vet for my little don, because of I do not owe any debt of gratitude to my current Vet, he always do not charge any cents when my visit to him, and eventhough for vaccination and consultation...I am shame to meet him and call him so regularly. Somehow, he is busy; and he always ask me to visit him during night time. Just not feeling good to consult him lor....!

I am trying to look for new Vet which is around Desa Petaling area....wish you can recommend to me too.

I will send my eldest doggy to join this puppy.com obedience class on this coming 12th September, because this eldest puppy is over spoilt by me and out of my control already.

I found that to participating dog show was interesting and full of fun; to gain experience too. If Don really do not have another testicle, then he will disqualified for the rest of his life from participate MKA dog show. I really wish that his another one could come out soon.

I went home immediately after the minor puppy show on that following day, because Don make noise due to he haven't got his breakfast. Wish to meet you again in the real soon.

Alvin Augustus Ng
[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/537768_10151485094615786_1774682625_n.jpg[/image]
Attachments: D.5month 05.jpg (74.5 KB)

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 21, 2004, 4:52 AM

Post #4 of 9 (1766 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alvin,

Yes, I can recomemd a good vet for you. E-mail me at chrisoys@yahoo.com & I will give you the detail.

Take care,

Christopher

clangan
K9 Maniac

Aug 23, 2004, 12:30 AM

Post #5 of 9 (1651 views)
Shortcut

Hi Augutus....alvin..,

Mono and krypto is not uncommon in show or pedigree dogs. It is ok and no cause of concern. BTW, your pup is still young, I have experience where a toy poodle with only one and the other one descended at one year old and he is a champion today! So, take your time and relax. Though undescended testicles can be cancerous, you can choose to remove it or not when the time comes, take it easy! This is only a small concern!

clangan

alvin_augustus

Aug 23, 2004, 10:38 PM

Post #6 of 9 (1627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [clangan] Single Testicle?? Help me pls! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Sir,

Am Alvin here again, I have retrieved your message on this morning. I have been informed about Mono & Krypto; but I do not understand this terms and what does it stand for.

Even am just a beginner to show puppy, I really wish that I can continue to show them. Does MKA will disqualified my puppy from the show, if he is only one testicle?

Thank you very much!

Alvin Augustus Ng

clangan
K9 Maniac

Aug 24, 2004, 9:14 PM

Post #7 of 9 (1608 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alvin Augustus...

Mono or krypto cannot be shown. They are major faults but they do make good pet dogs. I am sorry that your pup cannot be shown!!! Who did you purchase your ACP from? Did he tell you it is of show quality??

clangan

alvin_augustus

Aug 25, 2004, 1:01 AM

Post #8 of 9 (1591 views)
Shortcut
Re: [clangan] Single Testicle?? Help me pls! [In reply to] Can't Post

I bought it from one of the Ipoh breeder, I purposely travel to Ipoh for picking up this little Don. I am not aware of his testicle since he was just two month old, and it still early to talk about descended or not. My friend told my to surgery that dog and pull another one out, if can't find another visible testicle when operation then it have to do neuther operation lol! What do you think? Can I try to give male hormone injection on his 5 month plus stage?

Alvin Augustus Ng

clangan
K9 Maniac

Sep 25, 2004, 2:56 AM

Post #9 of 9 (1479 views)
Shortcut

No surgery in the world will help the testicles to descend. the only way is to neuter him! BTW, even dogs that have a pair of beautiful descended balls can win in shows ulness they come from generations of show dogs and of conformation standards!!

clangan

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my