Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Lola , my beagle [In reply to] Can't Post

ok thanks. Smile

ohmybeagle
Dog Kichi

Sep 10, 2004, 10:29 AM

Post #102 of 106 (1000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Lola , my beagle [In reply to] Can't Post

Well actually i was only suggesting that Henry is not a pure beagle......the best thing to do is to confront this issue with the breeder or the pet shop.....The cert is easy to forge actually if they have someone doing the indecent act in MKA.....it's Malaysia here...just like any other corruption that happens.....sorry to say that.....

anyway...i suggested that Henry is a crossbred based on a few points.....1st.....he doesnt have a beagle face but more like a basset.....2nd is of course the ears....they are basset's ears .....and 3rd....his face is too long with skull too narrow to be a beagle......it's easily spotted with this few points to prove suspicion to his pedigree. I have alot of books that outline the breed standard of beagle. Even some pure beagles with everything fine but just with slightly longer ears then they are disqualified from any dog shows....basically there are two types of beagles...the UK and the US version...they are identified by their height.....The australian breed is brought over from UK many years back but nevertheless they are not too different from the breed standard. U can visit some beagle sites from overseas then u will see what i mean.

Anyway,if all the suspicions has been cleared and he is proven 100% a beagle then we can only ask god. Probably it's a special gift from god to make him look different. hehe.

I only make my points about this issue cos i dont want to see anyone get conned by some dishonest breeders around and have to pay RM 1500 above to get a crossbred. So everyone should be careful and always study the breed standard carefully and dont be an impulsive buyer. IF u can dont buy from a pet shop especially the big names like Pet Safari and Pet wonderland but instead go and know some good breeders from dog shows....approach them and find out more about their dogs and they are more than willing to tell u the true facts and what u get is a cute and healthy puppy with an excellent pedigree with a reasonable price.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Sep 10, 2004, 6:16 PM

Post #103 of 106 (985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ohmybeagle] Lola , my beagle [In reply to] Can't Post

Hhhmmm.... that is very true.....Well, I've not seen Henry up close, only in pictures so I won't be able to tell..... the best thing is still confronting the breeder... petshops sometimes lie a lot so I don't trust them..... like PW, imported meh? Looks like very local to me......

Wow, you sure did a lot of research..... more than me! I only read a bit for the rest of the breeds but I concentrate more on the breeds I have...... yes, I've heard of the UK and US breeds... they are now trying to make them into seperate breeds, like the cocker spaniels and bulldogs... same like boxers, got German and US, looks a bit different wan....

Well, can ocly say now that it's nature wish then if the parentage is true blood and not cross..... Just like shih tzus, mine has a flat nose but his sister has a a bit longer muzzle, a fault in shows..... My lab, she has a smaler head and my boxers... now you can see the difference...... one has german blood while the other has US blood, the facial features a the same but the length of the muzzle and the structure of the body a bit different.....

And I agree with you, many people out there are conning people... all they want is money..... The best way to get a pup is to call up MKA and ask for a breeder, there will be no regrets at all.....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

MisterStan
Doggyman

Sep 13, 2004, 4:34 AM

Post #104 of 106 (961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wong_fui] Lola , my beagle [In reply to] Can't Post

hi wong_fui,

nice meeting you today. was kinda surprise when you mentioned your beagle is lola. lola is very beautiful. well why don't you bring her out for jungle trekking every saturday at 7.30 onwards at gasing hill. it should improve her socialization. when i first met henry, he is scared of other dogs. but now he is ok with dogs and would sniff sniff around.

hope to hear from you soon.Smile

MisterStan
Doggyman

Sep 13, 2004, 4:45 AM

Post #105 of 106 (955 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ohmybeagle] Lola , my beagle [In reply to] Can't Post

hi

nice meeting you and your beagle although i have didn't talk to you. did i see that beagle some where ar? seem familiar to me. i thought the beagle is same as the one i saw in jungle trekking. anyway , just would like to apologize for whatever that have happen about henry. no matter henry is mixed or not mixed, i still will love him. Smile see you.

Concorn
ALPHA

Sep 13, 2004, 9:24 PM

Post #106 of 106 (944 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wong_fui] Lola , my beagle [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi wong fui and lola,

First of all welcome on board,

I am Concorn and my lil beagle Coco. Sometimes, Coco also doens't like to eat for 2 to 3 days. She'll starve herself then when she's really hungry, she'll sapu anything. so don't worry, if lola's health is ok!!

Are you feeding her too much junky? Sometime, she opt for junky instead of her kibble (like Coco). If she still doesn't eat then try mixing some junky that she likes in her daily meal, hopefully this will create her appetite to eat.. This is just an opinion, b'cos most of the time it works for Coco.

concornSmile

*Coco & Concorn*

** If It's Yours it happen to be Mine, But What Is Mine Is always Be Mine - Coco's Motto**

Coco Leng Lui Album
~ latest update Oct 02

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my