IS A SILKY TERRIER RIGHT FOR ME?

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 17, 2004, 10:14 PM

Post #1 of 5 (964 views)
Shortcut
IS A SILKY TERRIER RIGHT FOR ME? Can't Post

Is a Silky Terrier Right for Me?

Silky Terriers are wonderful little dogs. Full-grown, they weigh about ten pounds, give or take a little. They are alert, inquisitive, and intelligent. The Silky is a sturdy little dog that often seems to think he's a big dog. Silkies are fun-loving, playful, charming little clowns. They are lovable and affectionate. Even though the Silky Terrier is classified as a "toy" dog, in personality, Silkies are more like terriers...they can be stubborn and willful.

If you are interested in the Silky Terrier there are some questions you should ask yourself:

1.) Do I have time for a dog? The Silky does not like to be left alone for too long!

2.) Do I want the dog around me ALL the time? If not, this is probably not the breed for you. Silkys enjoy lots of attention from their people.

3.) Can a Silky be trusted with my child? Can your child be trusted with a Silky? Your child should NEVER be left alone with ANY dog! Although the Silky is a sturdy little dog, it is still little and can be easily harmed by a child.

4.) Can I afford a dog? The first year of a puppy's life is very expensive. Every year the dog will require shots and regular checkups, plus food & grooming.

5.) Can I commit to having a dog? The average lifespan for a Silky is mid-late teens. Think about the long term. In 5 or 10 years will you still have time, money, love for a dog?

6.) Do I want an "Inside Dog"? If not, forget this breed.

7.) Can I handle a terrier? Although the Silky is listed by the AKC as a "Toy", it is still a Terrier! NOT a "lapdog". Terriers have a mind of their own. Because of this they are not always easy to train.

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 18, 2004, 2:35 PM

Post #2 of 5 (956 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] IS A SILKY TERRIER RIGHT FOR ME? [In reply to] Can't Post

Very useful information. Where you get all this question?

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 18, 2004, 4:23 PM

Post #3 of 5 (953 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] IS A SILKY TERRIER RIGHT FOR ME? [In reply to] Can't Post

Click here http://www.geocities.com/...errierclubofamerica/

Sydney
Doggyman

Sep 5, 2004, 8:52 PM

Post #4 of 5 (910 views)
Shortcut

if u dun have anything 2 do then a silky terriers is ok 4 u

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

bettawalk

Sep 13, 2004, 11:55 PM

Post #5 of 5 (890 views)
Shortcut

I saw one at SPCA last week LOL

.:: King Of Toys , The Miniature Pincher ::.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my