Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
Looking for obedience training class

KK
Novice

Aug 16, 2004, 7:22 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1133 views)
Shortcut
Looking for obedience training class Can't Post

Hi! Anyone out there knows where I can find obedience training apart from canine good citizen. I cannot drive well so I am looking for the kind where I can leave my baby with them for a short while to undo all her bad habits. Trixie is a 7+ months lab, hyperactive, jumps and bites playfully a lot. She crashed into my sliding door yesterday and actually cracked the glass from top to bottom!! I have tried all sorts of advices from well intentioned friends as well as books. I think I have given Trixie too much love so much so that no matter what tone I use on her when I am upset or angry, she still thinks it is OK to play some more.

whity_rabirabit
Canine Addict

Aug 16, 2004, 8:54 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1124 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KK] Looking for obedience training class [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Check out the Puppycom front page. There'll be Dog Obedience Class for Puppycom members and the Public in September.

2. Ikano Shopping Centre (next to IKEA and One Utama)

3. MKA (Malaysian Kennel Association)

4. Wonderful World of Pets in SS2

These are the only four I know so far.

CGC (Canine Good Citizen) is just the exams for the doggie to test out their Obedience yo! I hope you can find the right one for you! Good Luck!

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 17, 2004, 8:48 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1104 views)
Shortcut

You cannot just leave your dog with a trainer and come back to collect the dog. That way the dog will not listen to you. The best is to train together with your dog. You might need to cage her up when she did something wrong. Punishment is important to train your dog.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Aug 18, 2004, 12:24 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1097 views)
Shortcut

hi... i am lucky with a lazy bully here... i assume lab is full with energy.... do bring ur puppy for a longer walk.. burn out more her energy... is gentle way to teach ur puppy is to praise her and give her treats and toys...

sometime a doggie will become soo crazy after she was cage for too long time.. train her with a happy and fun way when u let her out.. when she is out.. make sure some toys or treats is beside u.. praise her kuat kuat when she done good things.. or thing right..

some dog work with punishment.. like er.... what her name.. sorry.. i mean magic owner.. heheh sorry ya! forget ur name ah... but some dog don't.. so find out what work with ur baby..

my taro bang into the wall too when he play too rough.. but not always lah... or if u know once u let her out.. she will be crazy.. then leash her and straight bring her out to walk walk walk then only come home with less energy.. see how...

hope help u abit lah.. and to train ur baby.. u have to beside her... it is between u and her..have to work TOGETHER... training helps u buil a good relationship also...

good luck!

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!
THE BULLDOG STATION **drop us a visit **
PHOTO ALBUM : PUPPY.COM & OTHERS
Ref: Pg 18; 19

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my