Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppy Training: House Breaking:
how can i teach my dog to stay in a crate..

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 9, 2004, 2:19 AM

Post #126 of 133 (1278 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovedoggies] how can i teach my dog to stay in a crate.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry if not busy helping taking photo I can spend time with you lo.. Sorry make you ther alone don't know people.. Be active hehehe see me I know many people hehehehehe Mainly our K9 Trekkers lo and now some from Pug Squard and Just retriever group....
I go to Pandai Cheras... My next check-up will be on November 3rd lo which is a Wednesday... Any problem to you? Hope you can teman me lo.. Husband ar.... Useless lo hehehehehehe.... Thanks wo so nice to me.... appreciated.. hehehe yeah a good experience for you.. hehehhehe But hey don' force yourslf to go because of me you know.... Fion

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Oct 10, 2004, 11:08 PM

Post #127 of 133 (1273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vicfion] how can i teach my dog to stay in a crate.. [In reply to] Can't Post

heheeh no la if can sure teman u mer... not like i got anything to do at home also..
unless have plans lor Wink

eh y go so far to check up ah
u know the way there rite Tongue

eheh u friendly mar so easier to socialize ehhee..
hey no worries about me...
go take photo and enjoy ur self next time also no prob Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My pets~
http://www.geocities.com/cherrryspets/petz.htm

In Loving Memories,
Rex(10May08) & Benji(20Feb08)
http://cherryonacherrytree.multiply.com/photos/album/42/Pets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 12, 2004, 7:25 AM

Post #128 of 133 (1260 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovedoggies] how can i teach my dog to stay in a crate.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for willingly going with me lo... I icq you a lot this time so I no need to reply here lo after people see we outta topic ma... hehehehhehe
Next time cannot take photo lo.. tummy big big lo but hope can still can take lo....
Friend ma of course hope to spend some time with you lo....
How are you celebrating your birthday? Fion

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Oct 12, 2004, 3:10 PM

Post #129 of 133 (1244 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vicfion] how can i teach my dog to stay in a crate.. [In reply to] Can't Post

eheh ya ya also....
i have replied... hehe my style.. all fit into one..
urs.. ehhehe alot Wink

sure can take wan ler... big tummy onli mar hehe...
see now ppl say u pregnant.. u can say YES Cool

My pets~

In Loving Memories,

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 13, 2004, 6:43 PM

Post #130 of 133 (1235 views)
Shortcut

Heheheh YES YES YES.. am pregnant... heheh no more fat hehehehehe
Ok ok sorry la... I often do that when I type too fast so all become messy sorry....
Ok ok now I go to ICQ and see your messenges hehehehe Fion

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Oct 13, 2004, 11:09 PM

Post #131 of 133 (1227 views)
Shortcut

haha not a problem with me mar..
easier for me to read also eekkeke....
single lines.. and thats y i dislike reading Crazy

My pets~

In Loving Memories,

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Nov 17, 2004, 11:59 PM

Post #132 of 133 (1143 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xteri0r] how can i teach my dog to stay in a crate.. [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe ur crate is too small, husky is a large dog, it needs a lot of room for it to grow... buy a bigger crate lar... or u can try to put ur dog's favourite toys inside the crate... u can also put ur clothe(make sure its urs !) inside... got ur smell mah... have u ever force him in? dun make the dog hate tyhe crate, try to make it love the crate... n 1 day u keep it inside the crate for how long? maybe the dog feel boring leh... n ur neighbours, ask them to mind their own business lar, before the call te cops, they should check first... if really abuse then only call teh coips lar... aiyah...

Justin

lapdog
Novice

Aug 17, 2005, 3:28 AM

Post #133 of 133 (1060 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xteri0r] how can i teach my dog to stay in a crate.. [In reply to] Can't Post

First start by putting down the crate with the door open. Several time a day, just throw a really good treat into the crate, something he cant resist. Dont say anything, just let him sneak in and get it and come out and eat it.

After that, bring the treat to the crate. When he looks like he wants it, throw it in the crate and tell him, "get in the crate" every time he goes in to get the treat.

Next, hold the treat in your hand and tell him to "get in the crate". Then give him the treat.

Let him jump out right away if he wants.

After awhile, start feeding him his dogfood in the crate.

When he looks comfortable going in and out, begin to close the door for short periods of time. Start with just two minutes like while he is eating and gradually make it longer and longer.

If he barks, try and ignore it. I know you cant do that where you live, but try to get him to quiet down before letting him out again, or else he will know that barking is the way to get out.

Another thing you can do is when the door is closed, stay by the crate for awhile and praise him the whole time. Then just let him out. When he stays for a little while without barking, then leave the area for a little bit longer each time, until he is quiet when you leave.

This may take a few weeks to do. Dont rush it or pressure the dog, it will only make him fear the crate. Take you time. A long time is better than not getting it done at all.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my