CONSTUCTION WORK MAY CUT THROUGH PAWS COMPOUND

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2004, 8:13 AM

Post #1 of 23 (4740 views)
Shortcut
CONSTUCTION WORK MAY CUT THROUGH PAWS COMPOUND Can't Post

Dear all,

Had to highlight the problem which has been aroud for years and years. Anyway, one of these days, if something nasty does happen, We will need to have a list of people are willing to come in and help.

I sent this note off to the President yesterday. It basically explains the situation:

"I am writing this after failing to reach you at the above number and your mobile number. There is a sense of urgency and concern amongst the regular volunteers and attendants/workers at PAWS today.

The construction works around PAWS have been ongoing for years, but only this week it became clear that ground clearing and placement of drains along the motorway will encroach into PAWS’ front compound. The huge drains and pipes will cut through the office, puppy rooms, surgery, store and cattery. It will also interfere with the electricity and water supply. This work is only 20 meters away from the fenced boundary. It will take less than half a day to clear the building and compound should the tractors move in.

Dr Maha assured us today that construction will be diverted around the site as PAWS supports MPPJ’s stray dog management effort. We were also informed that the committee is liaising with MPPJ about the matter. I failed to reach the Secretary and yourself this evening, but spoke to Mdm. Ajit who appears to not know anything about the drain works and had no communication with MPPJ. This is indeed worrying.

Volunteers are on site but are seldom informed of any development at the committee level. Donors, members and other supporters have not included in any decision-making. At the ground level, we are indeed worried about the 30 puppies and numerous kittens in the cattery. We need to know if a contingency plan exists and how volunteers can support the effort.

Please do call me, or any of the other regular volunteers if you receive this fax. We will really appreciate your input and guidance. I can be reached on my mobile"
----------------------

This evening, it appears that a committe member has finally taken ownership of the problem, but I will continue to keep tabs on what is happening. If you are keen to be involved, pls do contact me and I will add you to my list. I also have membership forms for anyone who wants to be counted.

kathleen.tay
Canine Addict

Aug 13, 2004, 7:07 PM

Post #2 of 23 (4722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cynhor] CONSTUCTION WORK MAY CUT THROUGH PAWS COMPOUND [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Cynthia

It's Kathleen here... please count me in ... I think you have my number right ? If not you can email me at

Thanks..
A Dog Never Lies About Love

renaoh
Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2004, 8:07 PM

Post #3 of 23 (4712 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cynhor] CONSTUCTION WORK MAY CUT THROUGH PAWS COMPOUND [In reply to] Can't Post

Cynhor,

I'm in Seremban, count me in. Just tell me what I have to do.

annjou
K9 Maniac

Aug 13, 2004, 8:25 PM

Post #4 of 23 (4706 views)
Shortcut

count me in also...wat shod i do?...Smilewats the job as members??Tongue

immy

Aug 13, 2004, 10:00 PM

Post #5 of 23 (4700 views)
Shortcut

hi cynthia,

this is awful!! FrownFrownFrown where are all the dogs and cats gonna stay???

plz put me in your list too..u have my email, rite?

anyway, i will get the membership form from u when we meet next week!

immy

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Aug 14, 2004, 12:27 AM

Post #6 of 23 (4691 views)
Shortcut

Dear all, thanks for your quick response. It is really appreciated. I would like all of you to visit PAWS and see for yourself.

Looking at the speed of construction, even if the builders hold on until the rest of the other drainage works is completed before doing the length along PAWS, it would be just a matter of weeks. Volunteers on site WANT ANSWERS.
I am wondering how many civil works have diverted to suit an animal charity. In fact, isn't it a known thing that authorities in this country bulldoze quatter houses without blinking twice.

Please do come in and see for yourself. I will be at PAWS tomorrow from 11am onwards.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 16, 2004, 6:12 AM

Post #7 of 23 (4664 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cynthia,

I have not been to PAWS for the passed 2 months... what have happened ? this is really bad to hear.... do keep me in your list pls... my email addy is : mingyang.lim@acapacific.com.my

I should be dropping by paws maybe on this coming week....

cheers,
minglmy

anna_kys

Aug 16, 2004, 4:31 PM

Post #8 of 23 (4657 views)
Shortcut

Does that piece of land belong to somebody? Is PAWS location legal or illegal? In most intances, government will make some compensation for relocation if it is a piece of private land ... and yes I seriously doubt that the government will divert for an animal shelter. The management will need to look for a new location.

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2004, 5:41 PM

Post #9 of 23 (4653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] CONSTUCTION WORK MAY CUT THROUGH PAWS COMPOUND [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there mingyang, bad is a good word. When you come in, do talk to Maha, and see if he is living in a dream. I thought so and confirmed with the other volunteers there. The construction plans is not something that was drawn yesterday, or even months ago. It was at least 2 -4 years ago. And I shudder to think why it was left to this late stage.

I added you to the list. Do sign up as a member if you can before probing though. We may have to collectively petition for a Emergency AGM.
Thanks.

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2004, 5:48 PM

Post #10 of 23 (4652 views)
Shortcut
Re: [anna_kys] CONSTUCTION WORK MAY CUT THROUGH PAWS COMPOUND [In reply to] Can't Post

The land belongs to Sime Darby. Land lots were sold off for development and PAWS was given its walking papers. This was so many years ago. There was talk of a piece of land in Sri Kembangan alllocated on a TOL basis. A lease would cost abt RM500K. Apparently PAWS could not raise the money.

Anyway what is so clear, is that management will not talk to each other and is in denial right up to last week.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 17, 2004, 5:01 AM

Post #11 of 23 (4624 views)
Shortcut

Hi there,

I dont think Dr Maha cares what happen to PAWS as long as he got his RM 3K ++ Pay check. He never bothers and I doubt that he will.

I have heard abt the PAWS problem with the current piece of land and Sri Kembangan from years ago.. BUT as the years goes by I thought (seriously) that things has been settle between everyone ! My god... to my surprise ... how could they ?

cheers,
minglmy

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Aug 17, 2004, 6:31 PM

Post #12 of 23 (4593 views)
Shortcut

Add me. you have my email address, right?

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Aug 18, 2004, 3:33 AM

Post #13 of 23 (4570 views)
Shortcut
Photo Attachment 1 [In reply to] Can't Post

The fast approaching utility work accross the road looks like it will cut through from the puppy room side.
Attachments: Drain construction across the road - left side.jpeg (190 KB)

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Aug 18, 2004, 3:42 AM

Post #14 of 23 (4567 views)
Shortcut
Photo Attachment 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Drain construction from the other end.

(This post was edited by Cynhor on Aug 18, 2004, 3:43 AM)
Attachments: Drain construction next to PAWS - right side.jpeg (195 KB)

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Aug 18, 2004, 3:46 AM

Post #15 of 23 (4565 views)
Shortcut
Photo Attachment 3 [In reply to] Can't Post

A view from the drain. It will cut through the PAWS site if it continues on its planned path.

(This post was edited by Cynhor on Aug 18, 2004, 3:47 AM)
Attachments: View from constructed right drain .jpeg (212 KB)

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Aug 31, 2004, 7:51 AM

Post #16 of 23 (4451 views)
Shortcut
Roadworks- Photo Attachment 4 [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Cynhor on Aug 31, 2004, 7:53 AM)
Attachments: Road expansion 5.JPG (143 KB)

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Aug 31, 2004, 7:52 AM

Post #17 of 23 (4448 views)
Shortcut
Roadworks- Photo Attachment 5 [In reply to] Can't Post

Attachments: Road expansion 4.JPG (209 KB)

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Aug 31, 2004, 7:56 AM

Post #18 of 23 (4444 views)
Shortcut
Roadworks- Photo Attachment 6 [In reply to] Can't Post

Attachments: Road expansion 3.JPG (174 KB)

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Aug 31, 2004, 8:01 AM

Post #19 of 23 (4441 views)
Shortcut
PAWS MEMBERSHIP FORMS [In reply to] Can't Post

For anyone who is interested in ensuring the safety of the animals at PAWS and transitioning of those animals to a proper home, and anyone who wants to know what has PAWS management done with all that money they accumulated but not used for the dogs and cats… please drop me a line and I will send you a membership application form.

PAWS is given until the 20th of Sept 2004 by the Registrar of Societies to furnish a complete list of their members and a set of their accounts (which is late by 7 SEVEN years).

cynhor@yahoo.com

(This post was edited by Cynhor on Aug 31, 2004, 8:03 AM)

makkok
Novice

Sep 2, 2004, 3:16 AM

Post #20 of 23 (4357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cynhor] PAWS MEMBERSHIP FORMS [In reply to] Can't Post

Please email to cynhor as per email listed above.

Admin

(This post was edited by Admin on Sep 2, 2004, 3:18 AM)

nugget
Novice

Sep 22, 2004, 5:48 PM

Post #21 of 23 (3888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cynhor] PAWS MEMBERSHIP FORMS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Cynthia!

it's past 20th September now so I was wondering, did they get sorted out with the Registrar of Societies already? If not that sounds very fishy. I mean, other societies manage to do this every year so how come it takes PAWS committee seven years and even then they still have to be called up to produce the stuff?

And what's happening about the construction? Did you hear if its going through PAWS? Any dates?? I drove out that way the other day and PAWS really is in the middle of a construction site even more than your photos show coz it used to be hidden away and now it just sticks out. The president says things will go round them but it sure doesn't look that way!

I really worry about all those animals that'll have to be moved or dare I say disposed of in a hurry! Shame on them if they don't make plans in time! What have they been doing all this time???

nugget
Novice

Oct 21, 2004, 7:40 PM

Post #22 of 23 (3637 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cynhor] Roadworks- Photo Attachment 6 [In reply to] Can't Post

No news about what's happening with PAWS so is that one of those no news is good news sitiuations or what? Unsure

I think I'd be a lot more worried and active if that was my place surrounded by construction in all directions. Only one thing's for sure, the animals are all still there and still need our help so don't everyone forget about them. If they do have to move out fast we all need to get off our backsides and come to the rescue. Maybe that's why the committee dont seem worried about doing much coz they'll just depend on the public to do all the work when the time comes! Now there's a scary thought.

nugget
Novice

Jan 4, 2005, 6:48 AM

Post #23 of 23 (3314 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nugget] Roadworks- Photo Attachment 6 [In reply to] Can't Post

Constructionworks are still all happening around PAWS. Went in the other day and got really muddy getting to the gate. Bettr maek sure you wear slippers if you want to visit the pups these days. i hear there's a new committee now so maybe they can make some sort of sense out of it all. I hope so!!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my