Siberian Huskies living in Malaysia

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

munchkin
Novice

Aug 11, 2004, 10:18 PM

Post #1 of 26 (15147 views)
Shortcut
Siberian Huskies living in Malaysia Can't Post

Hi! Maybe some of you have seen my other post where I said I was interested in bringing a couple of Huskies back from NZ to Malaysia. I'm wondering what are your thoughts on that?

From reading the forum, I've seen that there are a number of SH owners here and I'm hoping you guys (and gals) could maybe give a few opinions of having SH in Malaysia. I most want to know is whether SH can survive in Malaysian weather without too much discomfort? I definately will not be able to put the doggies in an air-con room... And also any other thing I should know about keeping SH in Malaysia?

Thanks!

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Aug 12, 2004, 12:37 AM

Post #2 of 26 (15135 views)
Shortcut
Re: [munchkin] Siberian Huskies living in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi hi... I don't think there is any problem for you to bring in SH to our country, as long as you have all the documents which our Jabatan Haiwan Kebangsaan request. But I guess they should be quarantine for 30 days. SH can lives and use to Malaysia's climate, the only thing is they might not have the long coat as you expect, their coat will be slight shorter than they should have. Unless, you keep them in the air-cond room. They will prefer much in-door than you keep them out-door (in our country).

Hope these will helps.

munchkin
Novice

Aug 12, 2004, 3:49 AM

Post #3 of 26 (15134 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevin Chuan] Siberian Huskies living in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hiya! Yep that help heaps! I'm wondering tho, coz Malaysia is hot all year round..do SH shed their fur all year round in that case? I know most SH only shed like once or twice a year... I've two cats that leave their fur everywhere so it won't be a problem for me... But I would like to know how often they might shed fur Laugh

Are you a SH owner??? If yes, pictures??? Sly

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Aug 12, 2004, 6:56 AM

Post #4 of 26 (15130 views)
Shortcut

Hi... Yes, SH shed their fur twice a year. I don't have SH, but I read a lot about dogs... maybe I can say I'm a dog lover?? Actually, I'm looking for a breed call American Staffordshire Terrier. It is very rare in Malaysia, new importation on this breed are no longer allow by our government, I have only 1 female and I'm looking for a male pups. I like rare breed with big bone (big dogs), example:

Presa, Fila, Caucasian Sheepdog, Dogo Argentino, Neopolitan Mastiff, Great Pyrenees, and ETC...

kesuke
Doggyman

Aug 13, 2004, 11:32 PM

Post #5 of 26 (15109 views)
Shortcut

hi!

some huskies shed year round in our weather but some still shed only during their shedding months. are you back with your huskies yet? would love to see them..i am a crazy husky fan! Cool

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

munchkin
Novice

Aug 14, 2004, 1:45 AM

Post #6 of 26 (15105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] Siberian Huskies living in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Ahhh...no...I haven't even got the puppies yet Tongue I won't be going back to Malaysia (for good) till around mid 2006 or more. I want to bring a dog or two back with me, as I will be bringing back my cats too. Hence I'm researching to see whether it'll be ok for SH to live in Malaysia...if I decide to get them (decision also depending on another person), then I want to bring them up a bit here in NZ before bringing them back. Hmm...does that make sense?

At least that's what I'm planning at the moment....whatdayathink? Laugh Hey! Do you have a husky of your own? Pictures? Smile

munchkin
Novice

Aug 14, 2004, 2:07 AM

Post #7 of 26 (15103 views)
Shortcut

Hmmm...I'm not very familiar with purebred dogs sorry Blush But why did the government restricted the importation on that particular breed? Hey, been meaning to ask someone this but maybe you would know? Do you know whether there are a lot of MKA certified dog breeders (esp SH breeders) in Malaysia? Or where there is a list of dog breeders where I can check them out?

I like intellegent dogs...my parents have a German Shepherd crossed with Border Collie (she's called Toffee Cool)... Thing is, she isn't much of a guard dog either way...as long as a stranger shows her attention, that person is welcome to her home. If you ignore her, she will dislike you forever unless you show her affection... We got her from the pound, maybe it's some leftover 'psychology' (sp?) thing from the pound experience? Laugh

So what dog(s) do you have? Smile

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Aug 14, 2004, 7:20 AM

Post #8 of 26 (15102 views)
Shortcut

Hi there... if you wish to have the breeders contact, you can call MKA for a list of breeders they have, and SH will not be a problem because it is quite common here in Malaysia. I own a Bull Mastiff, a female American Staffordshire Terrier, and a pair of Ducshund. Will send you MKA contact tommorow, or maybe you can go directly to their website for more informations. Regarding the procedure for bringing in dogs from overseas, you may go to the website of Jabatan Haiwan Kebangsaan Malaysia for more information.

Thank you.Wink

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Aug 16, 2004, 12:30 AM

Post #9 of 26 (15079 views)
Shortcut

ehhe as u can see from the reply... its no no problem...
my husky is nearly 8 years old already and he's doing fine here ;D

its not nessesary for them to have an air cond but of coz better...
are u bringing pups or grown up doogies ?
probably if pups.. they're easier to adjust... if grown up doogies maybe u might wanna get them use to the enviroment... probably air cond is a good idea ....

or fan.... Cool

yea other than the sheding... they're alrite Wink
oh yea they get very lonely so get them a companion hehe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My pets~
http://www.geocities.com/cherrryspets/petz.htm

In Loving Memories,
Rex(10May08) & Benji(20Feb08)
http://cherryonacherrytree.multiply.com/photos/album/42/Pets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kesuke
Doggyman

Aug 20, 2004, 9:15 AM

Post #10 of 26 (14975 views)
Shortcut

hi!

sorry for the late reply.

oh so you've not yet got them..eheh..but yeah i think it's a good idea to bring them up in NZ a bit before bringing them back. but if you're bringing 2 and they're more than like 6 months old, then you'll have to get 2 crates to transport them back. if they're still puppies you can put them together in one crate.

well i don have a husky of my own right now..but i'm planning to get one too. i'm in the states studying..might be graduating in 06 so...ehhehe...hopefully i can get one back too. =)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 20, 2004, 7:33 PM

Post #11 of 26 (14949 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

Noticed u like caucasian shepeherds....hehe...want some pics? Smile

n,no,they're not from some website...doing a lil agitation.Laugh

sorry to go off topic.Blush
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

(This post was edited by RealityDreamer on Aug 20, 2004, 7:42 PM)
Attachments: Caucasian3.JPG (131 KB)

PriNc3s$
Novice

Sep 1, 2004, 11:41 PM

Post #12 of 26 (14830 views)
Shortcut

hi well umm i'm new. Well u seem like u know lots bout the siberian husky so umm do u mind helping me out?? Well ummm i just bought a pup and she doesn't want to eat. What should i do?? Is it serious? Should i take her to the vet??

tamurs
New User

Sep 2, 2004, 4:53 AM

Post #13 of 26 (14815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovedoggies] Siberian Huskies living in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

HELLO MY NAME IS TAMMY . I AM AN ALSKAN MALAMUTE BREEDER IN CANADA. I RECENTLY RECEIVED A LETTER FROM A FELLOW LOOKING TO BUY MALAMUTES TO BREED. HE SAYS HE HAS SHOW SIBERIANS AND WOOULD LIKE TO SATR BREEDING SHOW MALAMUTES. . IS THEIR A WAY TO FIND OUT IF HE IS A REPUTABLE BREEDER. I HAVE HIS NAME AND KENNEL NAME.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED AS I AM VERY CAREFUL WHERE I PLACE MY MLAMUTES ,THEY ARE PRECIOUS TO ME.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

CHEERS[email][/email][email][reply][/reply][/email][email]

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Sep 2, 2004, 7:07 AM

Post #14 of 26 (14800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PriNc3s$] Siberian Huskies living in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

hie dun mind if i butt in yeaa
i think any dogs.. not just husky... if they are not eating then there should be a problem...
so long.. how many days isnt she eating ? maybe she is moody due to missing her previous enviroment...
did you get her from a pet shop ? or a breeder ? huskies are easily "moody" ... do show her more love =D ..

My pets~

In Loving Memories,

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Sep 2, 2004, 7:08 AM

Post #15 of 26 (14800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tamurs] Siberian Huskies living in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

oh this person is from malaysia ?
not many malamutes around here... more huskies than malamutes..
yea we can search around in MKA

My pets~

In Loving Memories,

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Sep 2, 2004, 7:35 AM

Post #16 of 26 (14792 views)
Shortcut

Hi there... first of all, I would like to know where do you bought your pups from? Breeder or Pet Shop?

How many days already she doesn't want to eat? Try to ask from the person you bought it from, what type of food or brand does they give to you puppy. Try to give her the same food as they giving her B4 you bought it.

Sometimes it may be moody, SH are quite a moody dog. Even it is an adult sometime they may show their mood by doing some funny things.

PriNc3s$
Novice

Sep 3, 2004, 12:25 AM

Post #17 of 26 (14738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovedoggies] Siberian Huskies living in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Well i bought her form a pet shop. Her food is the same type as the one they gave her. Its been 2 days (including today) since she ate anything. Unimpressed I'm really worried. I took her to the vet but he said she's fine. she's sleeps most of the time at home but she runs around too and drinks water but she just refuse to eat.... Do u think its best to let her stay back at the pet shop for awhile or do i keep her here and not shift her back there again??? But if i keep her here....I'm really worried about her not eating. I do try to let her get around the house to be more comfortable and play with her tons....but she's still not eating..Frown

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Sep 3, 2004, 1:49 AM

Post #18 of 26 (14735 views)
Shortcut

2 days ha ? she should be eating already..
how old is she ? they sure she eats there ? if she's still too young still need milk ehhe but i think she'd old enough since she is sold at the pet shop..

which pet shop u brought her from ?

vet says its ok ? 2 days not eating i say is not ok wor...
to me lor... since she drinks water maybe u can try giving her milk the mean time..
better than no food at all
is she a happy or moody pup ?
maybe bring to other vet tomolo and see how leh

try posting on health thread...
not nessesary on husky thread Wink

My pets~

In Loving Memories,

bernice
Novice

Sep 23, 2004, 12:29 AM

Post #19 of 26 (14603 views)
Shortcut

hey there. i would like to try and help as i too have a malamute that i brought over from vancouver (got her in the okanagan.) I have to say it's hard to tell about the breeder and i can understand your worries. E-mail me at berniceliew@yahoo.com if there is anything i can do for you from over here in malaysia.

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Oct 5, 2004, 4:14 PM

Post #20 of 26 (14552 views)
Shortcut

hey PriNc3s$

havent heard from you for a while..
hows ur pup now ??
i hope she's healthy and well Smile

My pets~

In Loving Memories,

kesuke
Doggyman

Oct 6, 2004, 6:09 PM

Post #21 of 26 (14539 views)
Shortcut

hi tammy.

glad to know you are a good breeder. wish i could help you with finding out if that person is a reputable breeder but i am not into the show ring. however..just a tip...there are not much siberians here in m'sia and therefore even less malamutes. not many siberians are shown during dog shows...so i hope you will be *more* careful in placing your malamutes.

btw, do you happen to know any good siberian breeders in US or canada? you can email me at moon_runes@yahoo.com. thanks.

PSD
ALPHA

Oct 6, 2004, 7:02 PM

Post #22 of 26 (14536 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
HELLO MY NAME IS TAMMY . I AM AN ALSKAN MALAMUTE BREEDER IN CANADA. I RECENTLY RECEIVED A LETTER FROM A FELLOW LOOKING TO BUY MALAMUTES TO BREED. HE SAYS HE HAS SHOW SIBERIANS AND WOOULD LIKE TO SATR BREEDING SHOW MALAMUTES. . IS THEIR A WAY TO FIND OUT IF HE IS A REPUTABLE BREEDER. I HAVE HIS NAME AND KENNEL NAME.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED AS I AM VERY CAREFUL WHERE I PLACE MY MLAMUTES ,THEY ARE PRECIOUS TO ME.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

CHEERS[email][/email][email][reply][/reply][/email][email]

Hi Tammy,

I'm not really involved in shows but I do know some very good show breeders. You can mail me the particulars and I will do my best to find that info for you. Tammy, I was attracted to reply to you as I respected your policy in placing your dogs correct. This is really a commendable doing. Thumbs up to you for that.

Your email will be made available to tammy later
Webmaster

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Oct 6, 2004, 8:21 PM)

PSD
ALPHA

Oct 7, 2004, 12:10 AM

Post #23 of 26 (14520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] Siberian Huskies living in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you Mr. Webmaster. Please forward my mail address to Tammy as this is related to good doggie practice for Malaysia. I wonder if I'm regarded as dangerous to puppycom. Seams I was mostly singled up to ensure my e-mail is never known...lolTongueWinkLaughSly

NVM, I'm cool and its ok.Blush

Tammy, please contact me and I assure u I will do my best to get u the info.

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

petergeet
Novice

Oct 19, 2004, 7:41 PM

Post #24 of 26 (14459 views)
Shortcut

petergeet
Novice

Oct 19, 2004, 7:58 PM

Post #25 of 26 (14456 views)
Shortcut

Dear Munchkin,

Here are a few ideas for you.

1. Bring them in as puppies 2-3mths old in one crate. It is cheaper that way. I have done this before.

2. They do not need qurantine if they come from Australia, it has to come with b/certs and Australian vet clearence.

3. With the fax copy of birth cert . You can get a import permit that you have to fax to the exporter. The "Lesen Bagi Menimport" only cost you RM$5/= per dog from Jabatan Haiwan

4. THe huskies need a big garden, They are not guard dogs, best of all they are odour free

Best of luck and GO FOR IT ........

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my