Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
Princess Coco, the little Shih Tzu

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

cnfs

Aug 9, 2004, 2:24 AM

Post #1 of 46 (1617 views)
Shortcut
Princess Coco, the little Shih Tzu Can't Post

Hello everyone, welcome my first dog here. It's a shih tzu named Coco. She is going to be 4-month old soon. She's on Canidae mixed with steamed vege and chicken. I gave her cod liver oil too. Her coat is nice and soft. Thanks to the All Systems shampoo and conditioner recommended by her breeder. Am housebreaking her now. Still having adjustment blues. Hehehe..... check out her picture gallery in a few days time. Will be taking more pictures of her soon.... adios.

Chris

Regards,
Mr.Chris

nathalie
Doggyman

Aug 9, 2004, 3:14 AM

Post #2 of 46 (1615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cnfs] Princess Coco, the little Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

Smilehi cris,

welcome to the forum...

u muz loved COCO alot athat's why u named her princess huh? Anyway hope you'll enjoy the forum

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Aug 9, 2004, 3:44 AM

Post #3 of 46 (1613 views)
Shortcut

Hello Chris, your Coco is so cute.... just like a dainty princess hehehehe....

Well, I have a shih tzu king with me and his subjects are my boxers and lab hahahahah.... All Systems shampoo... is it expensive? I'm currently using Dog's Choice, cheap and I think it's a japanese or chinese brand coz directions all unreadable hahahah...... I used to use Rudducks but it's a bit costly for me.....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

jeeyin
Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2004, 7:36 AM

Post #4 of 46 (1608 views)
Shortcut

Hello Chirs, Nice to meet you~!!

I like ur coco very much !! She looks so intelligent !! Wink I have a yellow lab which is about 5 months old and he is very very playful and naughty!! HAHAha Laugh

Hope we'll be able to exchange more news about doggies !! and Enjoy urself here~!!

MisterStan
Doggyman

Aug 9, 2004, 4:33 PM

Post #5 of 46 (1605 views)
Shortcut

hi there and welcome to this forum,

coco right eyes is covered with brown fur, so special , like a pirate with one eye blind folded, and the 'thing' that she is biting , acts like a smoke pipe for pirates to smokeLaugh

cnfs

Aug 9, 2004, 5:24 PM

Post #6 of 46 (1603 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Princess Coco, the little Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello crazymouse, yes the all system products usually carry quite heavey price tags. Just her conditioner costs me about 70++. Phew.....just want the best for her lor.....afterall she's my princess....hehehe

Regards,
Mr.Chris

cnfs

Aug 9, 2004, 5:30 PM

Post #7 of 46 (1601 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Princess Coco, the little Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

Hehehe....you are right MisterStan!!! She does look like a blindfolded pirate with a smelly pipe. Actually, that's a greenie she was biting on....to clean her teeth and breath... The breeder told me when she grows bigger, the color will turn lighter (to light brown), and thus, a less pirate-like look.... in any event, i still love her very much!!!

Regards,
Mr.Chris

MisterStan
Doggyman

Aug 9, 2004, 5:33 PM

Post #8 of 46 (1600 views)
Shortcut

oh i see. i really want to hug her , play with her, ekeke. so adorable and cute. Blush

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 9, 2004, 5:50 PM

Post #9 of 46 (1599 views)
Shortcut

Hi welcome to the forum.

Your dog really enjoy, with all the delicious food you are giving her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

yst323
Old Kaki

Aug 9, 2004, 6:16 PM

Post #10 of 46 (1594 views)
Shortcut

hi welcome to the forum... I like your furkid, so adorable and like misterstan said...pirate look...Tongue

ST & PP & TT Frown

PP & TT photos
(latest upload: 3 Feb 2006)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 9, 2004, 7:39 PM

Post #11 of 46 (1591 views)
Shortcut

Hi cnfs,

a warm welcome to the forum ya !

cheers,
minglmy

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Aug 9, 2004, 9:27 PM

Post #12 of 46 (1585 views)
Shortcut

Hello and welcome to the forum! Wink

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

a_evie
Doggyman

Aug 9, 2004, 10:10 PM

Post #13 of 46 (1580 views)
Shortcut

hi hi!

welcome on board..she looks amazing...very intelligent look on her face.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Aug 10, 2004, 3:47 AM

Post #14 of 46 (1573 views)
Shortcut

Is it in a big bottle? If the shampoo doesn't give him hari mats then I will continue to use it lah.... Wahhh... your Coco is so so lucky... what a princess ahahah.... My Willy uses Pantene conditioner hahaha... but only recently coz I didn't like it but when I used it on him, the fur was much much softer....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

ladee_m
Doggyman

Aug 10, 2004, 3:53 AM

Post #15 of 46 (1571 views)
Shortcut

HI Smile

Welcome to you n ur furkid... looks like you are getting on a good start... keep it up... the toilet training shud work out in its time... have fun here meeting many fantastic ppl ya... ENJOY!!!

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

cnfs

Aug 10, 2004, 6:41 AM

Post #16 of 46 (1566 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Princess Coco, the little Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

yes it comes with 473ml bottle to be diluted for use. So you use pantene shampoo and conditioner for Willy, your shih tzu? Did you dilute the shampoo and conditioner? Does it dry out the coat too much? Which pantene you use? hehehe.........may try that if it doesn't give skin problem to my princess....cheaper alternative......

So anyone here experienced their shih tzu with human shampoo and conditioner? if so which brand?

Regards,
Mr.Chris

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 10, 2004, 2:40 PM

Post #17 of 46 (1557 views)
Shortcut

I used to use Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo on my shih tzu last time. It seems ok. Maybe you want to try it out. Just watch out, not all human shampoo is good for dog's hair.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

cnfs

Aug 10, 2004, 5:37 PM

Post #18 of 46 (1552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Princess Coco, the little Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah I heard mixing J&J baby shampoo with some water is fine for the furkid. how about conditioner? wouldn't the coat be too dried out by the shampoo?

My coco tears quite profusely and the area around her "whiskers" just below her eyes seems to stink despite everyday cleaning with a dampened cloth.... anyone has this problem?

Regards,
Mr.Chris

yst323
Old Kaki

Aug 10, 2004, 9:43 PM

Post #19 of 46 (1547 views)
Shortcut

I have that experience before with my pangpang even until now he still like crying a lot.... U can see from the avator actually. I used warm water to clean his eye and surrounding twice everyday, morning and before sleep. The "eye bag" seems lighten but still there, my vet said this type of breed always has excessive eye tears but not sure on shih tzu...

ST & PP & TT Frown

PP & TT photos

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Aug 11, 2004, 5:07 AM

Post #20 of 46 (1542 views)
Shortcut

Oh, diluted lah..... The pantene ah, depends on your dog loh... my Willy can't use the shampoo coz it dries out his fur if I don't use conditioner..... but I use baby johnson shampoo for his head and ears, very good. Now I only use the pantene conditioner... I'm thinking of trying a good moisturisng shampoo for damaged hair coz it's better and gentler for all types of hair.... I find loreal and vo5 good brands..... you can try... I haven't tried it yet on WIlly but it did wonders to my hair! To me lah, the best shampoo is the baby shampoo, less chemicals loh.....

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 12, 2004, 1:54 PM

Post #21 of 46 (1535 views)
Shortcut

Is good to use conditioner after bathing your dog with shampoo. When your dog grow more hair then should put more conditioner. It can help to prevent too much tangle hair. It help also when you comb the hair after using conditioner. Is much easier to comb.

You need to check if any hair is poking the eyes. Use eye solution to clean the eye. Make sure the place around the eyes is keep clean and dry if there is always tear.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

cnfs

Aug 12, 2004, 5:10 PM

Post #22 of 46 (1531 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yst323] Princess Coco, the little Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks yst323! i will try the warm water method with coco.....but i guess it's normal for shih tzu to tear frequently.....so i think the smell from her whiskers are tear-smell? or could it be saliva? i am confused lah...hehe...

Regards,
Mr.Chris

cnfs

Aug 12, 2004, 5:29 PM

Post #23 of 46 (1530 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Princess Coco, the little Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks a bunch kitconnie78! will make sure i use enough conditioner on her.....

as for the hair poking the eyes, other than tying them up, is it advisable to trim them?

also, how about the changing of the puppy coat to adult coat. will i miss the softness of the puppy coat?

Regards,
Mr.Chris

cnfs

Aug 12, 2004, 5:33 PM

Post #24 of 46 (1529 views)
Shortcut

thanks crazymouse for your suggestions! will keep that in coco's diary....(i'm quite forgetful)...hehehe..

saw your willy and taro's chit chat.......mischiveous yet adorable!

Regards,
Mr.Chris

yst323
Old Kaki

Aug 12, 2004, 6:15 PM

Post #25 of 46 (1527 views)
Shortcut

you are welcome.Smile pangpang's eye beg still there even after so many time cleaning... may be trademark kuah...Laugh

ST & PP & TT Frown

PP & TT photos

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my