Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
Domino

qelayne
Novice

Aug 8, 2004, 8:38 PM

Post #1 of 15 (427 views)
Shortcut
Domino Can't Post

Hi, just got a shih-tzu for my 11 yr old son and he's thrilled to bits. Study with him, talked to him....everything.If possible want to sleep with him but we said no. Named him Domino coz he's mostly black and white. When Daddy heard, asked if he was a pizza. So funny lah. He's the cutest thing ever and very clever too. Knows where he's supposed to go after only 1 time say no. N also know not to dirty his sleeping place!! Domino is abt 1 yr old. Am looking for a not-so-expensive groomer to cut his hair short. Just enquired from pet shop in SS2, quoted me RM 80. Hubby said he will cut it himself, please help be4 hubby turns him into something he's notUnsure. My email is qelayne@hotmail.com

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 8, 2004, 8:41 PM

Post #2 of 15 (426 views)
Shortcut
Re: [qelayne] Domino [In reply to] Can't Post

HI qelayne,

a warm welcome ot the forum here ! do enjoy and hope to meet up wiht u n ur family in gatherings.

cheers,
minglmy

yst323
Old Kaki

Aug 8, 2004, 10:21 PM

Post #3 of 15 (424 views)
Shortcut

Welcome to the forum...
It seems like a lot of shih tzu lovers here... do enjoy yourself ya...Smile

ST & PP & TT Frown

PP & TT photos
(latest upload: 3 Feb 2006)

MisterStan
Doggyman

Aug 9, 2004, 2:58 AM

Post #4 of 15 (414 views)
Shortcut

hi there

welcome to puppy.com

nathalie
Doggyman

Aug 9, 2004, 3:13 AM

Post #5 of 15 (413 views)
Shortcut

Smilehello,

welcome and congratulations on your shih tzu. Try asking around, i heard that there's a petshop in Pudu charging quite reasonable price...

anyway hope this new addition will brighten your family's life..BTW did u adopt him?

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Aug 9, 2004, 3:54 AM

Post #6 of 15 (410 views)
Shortcut

Oh... another shih tzu owner... welcome then! Domino, a balck and white... just like my Willy... I named him after I watched Free Willy hahaha and that was 10 years ago.... I also got him as a child but a bit younger lah, around 9..... basically he's like my little bro bakc then, now he likes to act like a child so I'm like his mom now hahahah..... Willy sleeps with me but not on the bed, he has his own pillow... They are really smart, just like Domino, Willy never dirties his sleeping place or my room, he goes out by himself into the garden to do his biz. I have been grooming Willy on my own.... I trim him myself and it looks just as good as a groomer's job hehehe.... I only use scissors and comb, the 1st time I tried really looked awful, like a shaved lambd but after a few times it turned out great! If you want to check Willy's style and my other dogs go to photos.yahoo.com/yuinhun_yyh

When Willy was 2, I gave him the classic hair cut.... if you want to see then you'll have to ask me heheheh....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 9, 2004, 5:54 PM

Post #7 of 15 (399 views)
Shortcut

I know a groomer in SS15 who is quite good with shih tzu. The petshop is champion. Just go and check it out but I think the price is almost the same. Normally shih tzu doesn't need to groom but just comb the hair. Leave the hair and let it grow long. Should be very beautiful when is long enough. I really love black/white shih tzu. I used to have but is gone now.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Aug 9, 2004, 9:24 PM

Post #8 of 15 (391 views)
Shortcut

Hello and welcome to the forum!

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

qelayne
Novice

Aug 9, 2004, 9:37 PM

Post #9 of 15 (387 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Domino [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

I would like to give Domino a hair cut the first time around, and take it from there. Pudu is vey far and so susah to drive. I don't like to drive in unfamilar places!!! Thanx for the suggestion!.

Actually I beli Domino from a pet shop near my place, took him to the vet and had him checked out. Everything is fine and he will go back for his final jab either this week or next, depending. No not the pet shop where all the dogs have distemper or are sick with cough nd flu.

My fren bought 1 dog (Doberman) from there, and pd RM 1500. But after 1 week, doggy fell sick and after 4 weeks of daily injection (lots of phlegm nd coughing, with fever) had to put him down. No get better...my fren so sad, cried n cried. BTW dis particular pet shop is opening a branch in Tmn Megah, next to Ming Tien. Very big!

ladee_m
Doggyman

Aug 10, 2004, 3:44 AM

Post #10 of 15 (383 views)
Shortcut

HI Smile

Welcome... hope you have lotsa fun here... hope too you find a good groomer... I know most are very costly... I groom my furkids myself... it takes practice to get lookable appearance... but its fun... maybe you shud let ur hubby try.... hahhaha Wink

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 10, 2004, 2:52 PM

Post #11 of 15 (381 views)
Shortcut

Good luck with the hair cut. I guess I know which pet shop you bought your dog from. So that pet shop opening a branch in Taman Megah. That is not good news.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

qelayne
Novice

Aug 11, 2004, 6:46 PM

Post #12 of 15 (376 views)
Shortcut

Wah how come u know which pet shop I beli my Domino from...u so good detective ah?

U really must b a big dog lover..got so many dogs!!!!! How u got time?

Also my Domino(actually my son's one but say like my one) is very itchy, always scratching. Why? I check no fleas, but scratch behind ears and underbelly. Bought ubat from pet shop, applied but still scratching. Can any1 help?

Everyday I comb him with a normal human comb, work very well. I think I will not buy dog comb for him. Yesterday I put Aiken medicated powder (for children heat rash), wah now he smell so good. It also takes away body odor. Now no more smell.

C ya

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 12, 2004, 1:50 PM

Post #13 of 15 (372 views)
Shortcut

I just make a guess. I visited a lot of shop that is why I have 5 dogs in my house. When I see some beautiful dog I will buy them. Must be crazy already can't control myself. Tongue I love dog very much and I grow up with dogs. I work only 5 days a week and 9 to 5 so should be plenty of time to spend for the dogs. On weekend and have more time with them to bath, play, execercise with the dogs.

Might not be flea. You check if there is any thing on skin of the place the dog is scratching. Is best to bring your dog to check by vet. We can't really tell sometimes. Becareful with medicated items. Some of them used for people doesn't suit dogs and can make things worse. If you see that after using is fine then continue with it. If not better stop using it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

qelayne
Novice

Aug 12, 2004, 6:36 PM

Post #14 of 15 (367 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the advice rgd medicine..the medicine I applied on Domi(for short) is doggy medicine..beli from pet shop. But dog cannot put powder ah? I dunno, but he doesn't seem worse, But c vet on friday for final jab, will ask the vet.

Domi is so funny, played so much with my son no 2 and son no3, that his leg like limping. Told my sons not to make him run so much. Now he's better.

At first he dunno how to climb stairs, when c stairs lie down on belly n refuse to move. Now can jump up d stairs. Becoz he was in pet shop for so long in cage dunno how to walk on leash 2..everything put leash, also lie down n not move. Then we carry..so funny. After 1 week, he likes to roam my garden, not scared on strangers! But sometimes tie him up becoz don wan him go to main gate and go through, n go missing. Aiyah then my son will so marah and so sakit hati.

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 12, 2004, 7:28 PM

Post #15 of 15 (363 views)
Shortcut

Normally using powder on your dog is no problem, just precaution. Need your vet to check if there is any problem with the leg. Some dog can have hip problem and can be serious. Dog when young is like that. If leg got problem don't let her climb stairs or it will become worse. Training your dog on leash is good at least next time can take your dog out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my