Olla!

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jan 14, 2003, 9:46 PM

Post #1 of 13 (975 views)
Shortcut
Olla! Can't Post

SmileHi, everybody,

i'm Mak from Shah Alam. I'm glad that we Malaysian dog lovers have this great website for us to gather around and share our experience.Sly

i have two english cocker spaniel here. one tan and one black. my, they r beauties. they drive me crazy day and night.Sly anyone who as crazy as me for this cocker spaniel, please contact me.Wink

but i have trouble here. the black cocker(f) is only 7 1/2 weeks old and she just doesn't feel like relief herselves at the tray that i've prepared for her. the tan (m) one is almost 2 years old, he keeps on tracking the "pee site" made by the puppy and release his "heavy down pour" on her urine. as a result, my house has become a "big potty". Mad

please help.

Mak Crazy

May
Old Hand

Jan 14, 2003, 10:19 PM

Post #2 of 13 (970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] Olla! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mak,

Welcome to the forum.

If you search in the forum, there's a topic that deal with housebreaking. You may find your answer there.

Enjoy yourself here.

lulugurl
ALPHA

Jan 14, 2003, 10:27 PM

Post #3 of 13 (969 views)
Shortcut

helo~

welcome and greetings from penang.

looking forward to knowing you betterTongue
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jan 15, 2003, 2:13 AM

Post #4 of 13 (957 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] Olla! [In reply to] Can't Post

well, thanks for the warm and nice welcome from all.

i found quite a number of good tips at this site after i wrote this. thanks all.

but i'm a working man. leave home in the morning and reach home about 7:30pm. my mom help me to look after my dogs while i 'm working but she just can't get what i told her. she let my puppy runs around and of course, my puppy will "buat kuih" around also.Unsure i'll need more effort to train her i guess.Unsure

stanley

Jan 15, 2003, 7:02 PM

Post #5 of 13 (948 views)
Shortcut

hi...welcome to the forum.....i'm owning cocker too...we have gathering on the 25th Jan in Kota Kemuning in Shah Alam....near your house rite...Check out the detail at event forum.. Smile

lulugurl
ALPHA

Jan 15, 2003, 9:00 PM

Post #6 of 13 (943 views)
Shortcut

helo~

maybe u can bring ur furkid for traning so that they can be good? at the least u can try traning them at nite when u are home?
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jan 16, 2003, 7:05 PM

Post #7 of 13 (931 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanley] Olla! [In reply to] Can't Post

Shockedoh! really, i'm glad that there will be a gathering. but.... i don't think i can attend on that day as that is also the day for my "furball" to get her vaccination.Unsure

well, if there is a gathering in future, let me know yah!Wink

by the way, how u guys put your dog's photo in?Smile

stanley

Jan 16, 2003, 8:46 PM

Post #8 of 13 (926 views)
Shortcut

we haven't decided the next gathering...on and off you can check the gathering discussion in the event column. Wink Check photo gallery help column to learn how to post your photo.

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jan 16, 2003, 10:05 PM

Post #9 of 13 (919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanley] Olla! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks my friend.Wink

cyphang
Canine Addict

Jan 17, 2003, 8:41 AM

Post #10 of 13 (910 views)
Shortcut

Chinese New Year will be a good period to train him or her. You should put him in the desired place everytime you think he needs to release himself. Puppies at his age eliminate about every half an hour. WHen you put him into the tray you should tell him something like "wee wee" everytime he pees, after a while he will get used to the command and he will pee upon your "wee wee" command, this comes in very handy. When i estimate my girl may want to pee, I just take her to her spot or sometimes just said "go wee wee, in !" and she will pee upon the command at the right spot.My girl took me about 3 - 5 weeks to get toilet trained but she still misses the spot sometimes and pee all over the place. Just need a lot of patience and try to do it consistently over a few days so that it will get register in his brain.
With warm regards,
CY Phang

Mummy of Sunnie, the happy, cheeky and naughty female shih tzu pup

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jan 21, 2003, 10:01 PM

Post #11 of 13 (897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cyphang] Olla! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smilewell, thanks for the advise. yeah, it's true. i have 5 days off for my CNY. so i'll concentrate on her on these days. now, i'm using a method that i learned from books. it says that for busy ppl who doesn't have time, it is better to prepare a small compound for her, and cover all the place with the papers (for my case, i use hard plastic board). she'll has to do her business on it and slowly she'll get used to it. when she's ready, i can let her out and play around while i'm not home! sounds great right? but will it work??Unimpressed

cheer

mak

cyphang
Canine Addict

Jan 22, 2003, 1:14 AM

Post #12 of 13 (886 views)
Shortcut

You can try it out, may take different length of time for different dogs...Hopefully with some patience and time, it will work for you ! Wink
With warm regards,
CY Phang

Mummy of Sunnie, the happy, cheeky and naughty female shih tzu pup

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jan 28, 2003, 10:47 PM

Post #13 of 13 (873 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cyphang] Olla! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smilehi, my pup now knows where to relief herself quite well. but that's only limited to the fenced area. once out, she'll forget her "toilet". but i'm happy coz the method works although this is really slow.Tongue

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my