IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
Having Dog in Condo/Apartment

terryf

Aug 7, 2004, 1:10 AM

Post #1 of 11 (11107 views)
Shortcut
Having Dog in Condo/Apartment Can't Post

Anyone know where and how to give a support to appeal to the ruler for NOT allowing dog in condo !

tkwoon
New User

Sep 1, 2004, 2:22 AM

Post #2 of 11 (11056 views)
Shortcut
Re: [terryf] Having Dog in Condo/Apartment [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Anyone know where and how to give a support to appeal to the ruler for NOT allowing dog in condo !

Hi, recently, a muslim tenant complain about my dog. I live in an apartment. We were ordered by the management to remove the dog as soon as possible.The management also forwarded the complaint to DBKL. What is actually the rules for having dogs/cats in apartments. Is there any rulling from the government that dogs/cats are not permitted in apartments. Can anyone help?

(This post was edited by tkwoon on Sep 1, 2004, 2:55 AM)

terryf

Sep 1, 2004, 5:04 PM

Post #3 of 11 (10999 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tkwoon] Having Dog in Condo/Apartment [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown Regretted to say, un-lawfull pet is NOT allowed in the apartment/condo ... especially Dog while you are having Muslim neighbour.

Thats's why I'm seeking for a way to appeal the current ruling, where by some other country is already allowed dog in apartment/condo, namely HongKong and Singapore.

Beside the Government should review the rulling, as the pet owner, we do have to be more responsible and discpline with our dog, keep everywhere clean and quiet while having it. ( Please do not keep big size dog in apartment/condo ).

In term of noise disturb, Cat behave the same, they do make a lots of noise ... especially when they "fa-how" ... all this just a culture and religion issue ...

This is an very obvious unfair issue for DOG, but none politician/minister willing to take further steps to resolve the matter, what to do ... we are just a minority population.

magic
Novice

Nov 10, 2004, 1:31 AM

Post #4 of 11 (10871 views)
Shortcut

Hey dears, have you got any information yet on to whom we should appeal to? I have written a letter to my area Assembly Man but still waiting for reply. I am also looking for information on this matter and sure hope more pets lovers can help out. Maybe we should start with PETS and not only dogs as we might get more support Wink

Apartments/condos have a no pets allowed rule. What I would like to know is the word PETS meaning what kind of animals? Dogs, cats and what else do mice, fish and birds count?

Bailey

Nov 10, 2004, 7:41 PM

Post #5 of 11 (10861 views)
Shortcut
Re: [magic] Having Dog in Condo/Apartment [In reply to] Can't Post

My five cents worth on this issue:-

The local authority of our area (if you are in KL, DBKL is the governing body) follows a set of bylaws which governs inter alia, the rearing of pets in residential homes. As I stay in KL, I only did research on KL bylaws. The KL by laws specifically exclude the rearing of dogs in buildings and buildings would include apartments, condos, town houses - basically all types of buildings with strata title. Link houses, bungalows and semi-D are not in this definition. Some house rules of condominiums states that no rearing of pets allowed and in this context, pets would mean dogs, cats, birds and even fish - basically any animal which is treated as a pet. As such, even though the house rules definition is wider to include all animals as pets, the management will normally take action only where dogs are involved as this will clearly contravene the respective bylaws and turn a blind eye against owners rearing other pets as there is no such legal prohibition.

So, if you want to keep dogs in particular in your apartments, condominium, you will first have to change the bylaws. I suggest that you write to your respective member of parliament on this or try and get any associations with links to dogs such as MKA etc to try and do something. However, I am of the view that it is easier to either move to a condo that turns a blind eye on resident dog owners (the condo I am staying in Taman Desa is one good example as a several of the Japanese residents have dogs and so far nothing has been done) - [suggest this as a temporary measure only] or save money and buy your own house instead of trying to lobby to Parliament to amend the bylaws. It will take many more years to come before you can change the mindset of a particular community towards dogs. Probably not in my lifetime.

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

Bailey

Nov 10, 2004, 8:06 PM

Post #6 of 11 (10860 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bailey] Having Dog in Condo/Apartment [In reply to] Can't Post

Also, suggest writing to Minister of Housing and Local Government (Ong Ka Ting is the present minister) and the Selangor State Government . One of the departments under this ministy is the Department of Local Government. Althought the local authorities are actually under the respective State Governments, no harm trying to the Federal body as well.

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

terryf

Nov 10, 2004, 10:18 PM

Post #7 of 11 (10859 views)
Shortcut
Re: [magic] Having Dog in Condo/Apartment [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing from the authories, and don't expect any progress on this matter ... caused this is Malaysia.

Pet is too wide, am I have to send out my aquarium, since it also PETs in general.

What they want to do is aiming for Dog and Cat ...

thomstan
Canine Addict

Nov 11, 2004, 12:54 AM

Post #8 of 11 (10850 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] Having Dog in Condo/Apartment [In reply to] Can't Post

you've already answered all questions...

firstly: we are minorities.. this means we will be ignored at all times.. unless it's life threatening...

second: the law set up by the govn/authorities is alwiz right... so they can't be wrong...

third: if they are wrong please refer to second...

this is malaysia... and we are sorounded by all this narrow minded people.. until they get their mentallity change... we are fighting a losing battle...

The one you love is the one that should take you higher

ROSANNAMCCALL
Novice

Dec 19, 2004, 8:59 AM

Post #9 of 11 (10774 views)
Shortcut

Hi Terryf,

Any news? Am hoping there are some progress or at least a response for your effort.

Don't think we should just accept things to change soon, but if there are enough responses and request, i'm sure we'll make some progress if requests like these keeps pouring in.

otherwise, if there are no request no one will take note!

Rosann

terryf

Dec 19, 2004, 10:12 PM

Post #10 of 11 (10767 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ROSANNAMCCALL] Having Dog in Condo/Apartment [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Rosann,

Unfortunately, i don't get any reply from any party regarding the queries/comment/complaints that I've post up to the relevent web page.

It is all depend on personal preference, if they doesn't like it, then it will be no change of happening at all.

Alternative way out is choose a more appropriate area or type of property to stay, then would be a bit more easier. else the troubles in still there.

Not we trying to escape or run away for the problem, just due to we change hope the change will be in place soon in the future and we have to live with our lovely doggie, thus that's the easy way out for this moment.

TF

chaelian
Dog Kichi

Apr 30, 2005, 3:54 PM

Post #11 of 11 (10624 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bailey] Having Dog in Condo/Apartment [In reply to] Can't Post

Please note that the upcoming YTL property development in Sentul will allow condo tenants to have dogs. The park nearby will also allow dogs and having seen the area, it will probably be the closest thing to a dog run. Check out http://thestar.com.my/...821&sec=business.

The new KL Performing Arts Centre will also be part of this development so my husband & I will take every opportunity to visit our friends there with our dogs! In fact, one of them has already brought in 2 JRTs to be the carpentry workshop "mascots".

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my