Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
need info on poms

akaangela
New User

Jan 14, 2003, 11:50 AM

Post #1 of 4 (845 views)
Shortcut
need info on poms Can't Post

Well I did it again. I was at the vets and 3 people where comming to put their pom down "because they couldn't afford her" Well she is 12y.o, has no teeth, an has long nails. My porblem is I know NOTHING about poms. She is TINY. So can anyone give me a place to start looking about pom and thier care? She is hardly bigger than my cat ;) so what is one more animal, especially such a small one?

ginl
ALPHA

Jan 14, 2003, 6:14 PM

Post #2 of 4 (843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [akaangela] need info on poms [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi akaangela,

You can check this link out http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/pomeranian.htm ....it'll tell u a little bit about poms....put a dog down when she's old and said cudn't afford her? Mad Imgine their kids putting them down or to an old folks home when they are old next time and said they cannot afford to take care of them anymore or they hv become a burden to them Mad

akaangela
New User

Jan 14, 2003, 9:59 PM

Post #3 of 4 (836 views)
Shortcut

I agree, I mean she is maybe 7 pounds how much can a dog that size eat and not get extreamly overweight? She is also toothless so her food will have to be soaked. Thank you for the link, it helped. My cat harness fits her perfect so I use that on her when she goes out to potty. I am thinking about trying to teach her to go in a litter box. Can this be trained to an old adult? She is so funny as she was barking and growling at my 80lb GSD and he backed off. She is 1/10 his size and she is already the queen of the dogs. I must admit now I can see why the little dogs are so spoiled. It would be easy to do ;) oh by the way the vet called her an orange pom. I can't wait untill her coat is soft from eating good food and daily brushings. I am surprised how many people feed their dog poor quality food then are surprised that they have health problems.

ginl
ALPHA

Jan 15, 2003, 12:17 AM

Post #4 of 4 (833 views)
Shortcut

I guess it'll be harder to train a 12 yr old how to potty in a litter box, especially if she's used to doing it outside all this while...you can still try but it may take awhile...yes we tend to baby the smaller dogs that's how they can become spoilt little brats Tongue ....she's very lucky to hv you!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my