Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: PAWS:
SEPTEMBER 2004 - PAWS' WISH LIST

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2004, 4:34 PM

Post #51 of 60 (1380 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pei02] USED COMPUTER : TO CREATE AND MAINTAIN A CONTACT DATABASE [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds like a sponsor program. Yes, it did come to mind some time back. I have seen zoo's actually do something similar. I am sure all good ideas can be implemented if PAWS actually cared to do it.

The problem we have is that dogs come in and they get put down eventually without records. This is unfortunate since even the owner does not know until he/she visits one day. Can you imagine if a family sponsors a dog only to find it gone a month later - BIG DISASTER LOH.

Lets get this bunch of people out and do the right thing for the animals.

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2004, 4:40 PM

Post #52 of 60 (1378 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sasa] USED COMPUTER : TO CREATE AND MAINTAIN A CONTACT DATABASE [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think its PASSPORT, but free labour more likely. But we will get there eventually.

Don't know why it is so top secret... receipts are receipts. He was asked to do it himself, but was too 'you know lah' to learn how to from me. Charles just said outright no.

I guess I am quite happy to do it...

For some strange reason, he said some months back that he swears by his mother's grave that he is absolutely clean (when some other volunteers asked about no receipts or missing receipts). Dunno whether to believe or not to believe.

Will tabulate and let the AUDITORS do the rest.

anna_kys

Sep 10, 2004, 4:52 PM

Post #53 of 60 (1374 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cynhor] USED COMPUTER : TO CREATE AND MAINTAIN A CONTACT DATABASE [In reply to] Can't Post

I really do not remember how long I have not used it .. possibly couple of years. It is best you send it to a shop to see if it can be fixed and get the quote for fixing it. If the cost is more than a new one, then I prefer to buy a new one. Just tell me how much it is, if it is within my budget, I will pay for fixing it.

As for a new printer ... I am not buying PAWS one until they get their act together and first resolving the relocation issues. Otherwise, in the midst of confusion ... things will go missing.

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2004, 4:59 PM

Post #54 of 60 (1372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [anna_kys] USED COMPUTER : TO CREATE AND MAINTAIN A CONTACT DATABASE [In reply to] Can't Post

I know. And I totally agree with you. Don't even think about buying a new one now. I am very sure we can get them donated since printers are upgraded so often these days.

We can leave the printer sitting there for the time being. I cannot take it out for fear of being accused of 'stealing'. PAWS is INDEED SUCH A WEIRD PLACE, almost like someones back yard. Will get permission in writting first...

There is such a big mess to clean up at PAWS both financial and physical. Thank you so much for your support and understanding.

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2004, 6:14 PM

Post #55 of 60 (1368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pei02] USED COMPUTER : TO CREATE AND MAINTAIN A CONTACT DATABASE [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, Pei02, could you send me an email (cynhor@yahoo.com). I think I lost your email contact and only have your tel num. More stuff to share.

jojo_wm
Novice

Sep 13, 2004, 11:52 PM

Post #56 of 60 (1280 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cynhor] USED COMPUTER : TO CREATE AND MAINTAIN A CONTACT DATABASE [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

My name is Josephine. You can call me Jo.

I've been wanting to visit PAWS. As I believe PAWS need more support compared to SPCA. This is because I feel that PAWS has not gotten much exposure compared to SPCA. Last Saturday I wanted to drop by but didn't know whether it's open or close. I called the office but no one picked up the phone. I ended up going to SPCA instead as I've bought a couple of dog food and didn't want them lying at home doing nothing.

Anyway, I'm really interested to drop by PAWS and see how I could help out. However, after going through the whole forum about PAWS sounds scary just dropping by like that as I'm sure I'll be lost as to whom I should meet or what I should do. If there's anyone of you who's planning to drop by on Saturdays, do let me know. I might be able to meet up with you then.

My contact no. is 012-3230710.

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Sep 14, 2004, 12:07 AM

Post #57 of 60 (1275 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jojo_wm] USED COMPUTER : TO CREATE AND MAINTAIN A CONTACT DATABASE [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jo,

No worries about coming into PAWS. It is open 7 days a week, 9 am to 4pm. Just drop by anytime.

There is always plenty to do. If this is your first visit, then I suggest just taking a walk around the site and giving the dogs a good cuddle. If you have more than a hour to spare, then perhaps help change the newspapers in the puppy cages and the cat house. If its a nice warm day, you could take a few dogs out and bathe them.

But if you are keen to really get your hands dirty, we have plenty of repair and cleaning work at the back that has to be done. But we normally bring in our own tools and materials.

I will not be at PAWS this weekend but can point you to someone who can help you find things. If you do donate anything to PAWS, please do make sure that it is logged in a book in the office.

We also hope that you can join as a member and should there be an AGM called, do come it in and have your voice heard. Yes it is scary there, but things improve with support from the community and pressure applied in the right areas...

The people there are incredibly polite and helpful these days.

jojo_wm
Novice

Sep 14, 2004, 12:17 AM

Post #58 of 60 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cynhor,

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I could drop by this Saturday. I'll join as a member, since it's only RM20. I'll bring my Hubby along. He's into dogs lately....after my influence. LoL...At the same time, I'll see what I can donate. Anyway, am really hoping to meet all of you one day! I'm sure we'll have great fun..Laugh

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2004, 9:54 PM

Post #59 of 60 (1149 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cynhor] MATERIALS FOR A PROJECT: A NEW PUPPY PEN IN THE BACK YARD [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear all,

A few new puppy cages were donated thanks to another regular volunteer, and the old ones which were rusty beyond repair were going to be thrown away. Found that these old cages could be dismantled and set the boys at PAWS to take them apart.

The sides were then joined together using wires (quite a simple job) and we now have a new puppy pen, it even has a tiny door and latch...

It does need a coat of paint though. Can anyone come in with a tin of WHITE GLOSS PAINT, turps and brush and do the paintwork. It is a waste to use white spray paints on this. Let me know.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 26, 2004, 2:34 AM

Post #60 of 60 (1072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cynhor] MATERIALS FOR A PROJECT: A RECEIVING AREA FOR NEW DOGS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Just wondering ... are you still missing any items for the Receiving Area? ... If so, please post and I will give you a call ...

If you still need an excavator to help with the filling earth ... cannot promise but will speak to a few people and see if something can be arranged ...

Cheers

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my