Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Carrot Biscuits

May
Old Hand

Feb 19, 2002, 12:43 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1449 views)
Shortcut
Carrot Biscuits Can't Post

Recently I bought a pack of dog biscuits with carrot for my pup. The package mentioned that it is suitable for puppy. Last night I fed my puppy 3 biscuits and this morning 3 too.

My mum told me the pup poo poo like kaya (normally she has firm stool) with slight orange colour. Then in the afternoon she vomit twice in orange colour too. She didn't eat her meal in the morning.

Does the biscuits cause all these problems and why? The size of the biscuits is about a 20 cents coins.

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 19, 2002, 4:07 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1445 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Carrot Biscuits [In reply to] Can't Post

Change of diet and also you gave too many at one go. These type of biscuits are treats and you should only give one, two the most. Maybe you should try to break the biscuits into 1/2 and offer.
What Brand and from which country. Not cheap I am sure?
As for orange colour stool, this comes from the colouring of the biscuits.

(This post was edited by Derrickok on Feb 19, 2002, 4:11 AM)

Pat

Feb 19, 2002, 5:07 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1440 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Carrot Biscuits [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear May,

Like my dog, your dog may have a very poor digestive system. I have to give my dog bit by bit for her to get used to something new. Usually I start off mixing her usual kibbles with at most a quarter of the new food for about a week to observe if she can take it. If she is fine with it I will gradually increase the intake. My dog is also sensitive to cakes or anything moist. Therefore I can't feed her these food as main meal.

If your dog has vomited twice and has soft stool, I am quite sure it is reacting to the new food. It may not be conclusive that there is some problem with the carrot biscuits, but perhaps your dog is not used to it being given in huge quantity.

Regards,
Pat
Pat, David
parents to Kiki-nicole choa

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 19, 2002, 5:22 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1436 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pat] Carrot Biscuits [In reply to] Can't Post

Smart girl learning fast oso eh!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my