Aggresive with people and children

gemboy
New User

Aug 3, 2004, 2:59 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1378 views)
Shortcut
Aggresive with people and children Can't Post

Hi,

i would really appreciate some help as i'm worried sick about this problem.

I have a mixed breed dog, which i had since he was a little puppy. He is an adorible dog, very sweet and caring. He is usually very obedient at home, but once we go out for a walk, he just freaks. He pulls on the leash like crazy, getting angry at people but especially children.

This problem is getting increasingly worse, as now he's getting angry with visitors he doesn't know. For example when my parents come to visit, he's overjoyed. but last week, my cousin came with her son (he has something for small children) to my house, and he went crazy: his back hair went all spikey, and was growling and barking like crazy. i just couldn't control him.

He's a very hyperactive dog.

What can i do, he's got such a sweet nature at home, he's like Dr Jackle and Mr Hyde. He never went aggressive with me.
Will neutering him make this better?
Please help me

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 6, 2004, 10:59 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gemboy] Aggresive with people and children [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

This issue has been addressed before ... Use the search function and find relevant threads ...

Try doing a search on the words ... conditioning a dog ... and ... reconditioning a dog ...

For a start try these threads:

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=conditioning&search_type=AND&search_fields=sb&search_time=&search_user_username=surchinmy&mh=25

All the best

Cheers

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Aug 6, 2004, 11:01 AM)

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 6, 2004, 6:12 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gemboy] Aggresive with people and children [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems that your dog have bad experience with children before. Normally dog will remember the people who try to hurt them. They will become aggresive when the people come again. The best is to let your dog socialize with more people and try not to let them scare the dog. Dog will be aggresive to stranger that is quite normal as they try to protect their territory. You must try to let your dog know that the people in the house are friends. This will take time. A dog won't be aggresive towards the owner or it will be big trouble. Neutering the dog won't help.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

MisterStan
Doggyman

Aug 6, 2004, 6:44 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Aggresive with people and children [In reply to] Can't Post

that means dog will know which is good and which is bad lah. which treat him good and which treat him bad. what does neuter means?

gemboy
New User

Aug 9, 2004, 6:42 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Aggresive with people and children [In reply to] Can't Post

hi ppl,

thank-you all for your reply.

Just wanted to add, that my dog never had bad experience with kids, as he don't come in contact with kids. But i do remember the first time he met a small boy; that time he was very jealous.

I'll just have to study more about training him

thanks for now

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my