IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Aggresive Dogs and Puppies:
Female Rotti Pup 10 weeks old that snaps at father of the family only

Dakota 2004
New User

Aug 2, 2004, 6:13 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1347 views)
Shortcut
Female Rotti Pup 10 weeks old that snaps at father of the family only Can't Post

We have a 10 week old female Rotti puppy that over the last week has started snapping at me sometimes when I get her in my arms and ask her for a kiss. Could someone give an idea what is going on?Smile

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 6, 2004, 10:34 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1300 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dakota 2004] Female Rotti Pup 10 weeks old that snaps at father of the family only [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Any 10week old puppy can get a little chewy and frisky ... But much will depend on what you mean by "snapping" ... It is difficult for me to say without seeing the dog ...

Rotties are big strong dogs with strong guard instincts ... Rotties also need firm but fair handling ... They also need proper training ... An untrained and rowdy full grown Rottie is going to be a handful and can be difficult to live with ... When properly brought up and trained, you can ask for no better friend.

At 10weeks its time to start basic training ...

If you are not sure what to do - then go to a book shop and get a good basic dog training manual ... and a good dog behaviour book ... Also do a search in the forum on how to start basic training ... Use the search function ...

Cheers

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my