Hey all!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Jul 30, 2004, 4:24 AM

Post #1 of 65 (1892 views)
Shortcut
Hey all! Can't Post

Hi!I am a newbie,and i wish to get my first puppy soon.I found this cool web site from my fren.i found this puppy.com is very great! I learned many here.Tongue

I wish to find a puppy that suit me.SmileAny suggestion for me as a beginner?Do u have any suggestion tat which breed is more suitable for me?WinkAny fren here from pg??I am from pg...

(This post was edited by cherielee on Jul 30, 2004, 5:23 AM)

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jul 30, 2004, 5:25 AM

Post #2 of 65 (1886 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherielee] Hey all! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi cherie,

ask yourself what type of dogs do u like, short hair or long hair, big size or average size. sorry that is all i can afford to help,ekeke... i also newbie.. if u wanna know more bout dogs, then come for the dogathon 2004 at UPM. there shall be lots of dogs owner with different dogs... seek guidance from them...

kscheong49
Novice

Jul 30, 2004, 6:02 AM

Post #3 of 65 (1882 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cherielee,

Your question is what kind f doggie is suitable for u. Before I give u a suggestion, therre are a number of questions I got to ask u, theen you'll be able to figure out yourself:

1. Aaree U single , married or married with kids?

2. If you're having children in the family, howw old are they ?

3. Do your family members love dogs too ?

4. For the first few months, you aand your family must haave aaalot of patience with the puppy. you got to toilet train your puppy, and be ready to see that he chewing up your branded shoes and swallow your diamond ring.

5. What kind of premises are you living in ? landed property with big compound or in a condo?

6. So. U can figure out yourself what kind of dog is most suitable for u, a big dog to protect your family, or just a companion to pass time ?

Finally, my main concern is your family members must support u and love your doggie like you do.
To You he is only a dog. To him you are everything.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 30, 2004, 6:06 AM

Post #4 of 65 (1880 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cherielee,

A warm welcome to the forum ! do check out the forum call "before getting a dog" there is lots of good tips, advise n suggestion there for newbies like you ! Good luck in getting a pup and enjoy !

cheers,
minglmy

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jul 30, 2004, 6:30 AM

Post #5 of 65 (1878 views)
Shortcut

hi! big welcome to u...

yes as mingyang said u can go under before getthing a dog.. there will give u more idea... but the most import things are (beside u have to spend alot of time with ur puppy) u have to understand more about urself and life style b4 u look for a doggie... like r u active person or a layback? u like grooming everyday for a longhair puppy? etc.. b4 we sugges to u. u have to tell us more what r u looking for...

some ppl think there is some breed not good for a beginner, like my bully, but for me... i think the most importand is the doggie can suit into ur lifestyle.. then will make everything easier.. tell us more what u r looking for lah..

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!
THE BULLDOG STATION **drop us a visit **
PHOTO ALBUM : PUPPY.COM & OTHERS
Ref: Pg 18; 19

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 30, 2004, 4:32 PM

Post #6 of 65 (1874 views)
Shortcut

Hi welcome to the forum.

As for what type of puppy suitable for you, you will need to consider first the size. The place for you are living is important to consider for a big or small dog? Is very much subjective, you will know best.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Jul 30, 2004, 5:53 PM

Post #7 of 65 (1872 views)
Shortcut

Hello and welcome to the forum!! Wink

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

yst323
Old Kaki

Jul 30, 2004, 7:37 PM

Post #8 of 65 (1869 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cherielee,

Welcome to the forum...

What breeds suit u...as others have told u, is ur preference and lifestyle that decide. Besides that the commitment that u can give to your doggie. It gonna be 10-15 years commitment, are u prepared? Anyway, search under before getting a pup, it gives more tips on selection... Smile

ST & PP & TT Frown

PP & TT photos
(latest upload: 3 Feb 2006)

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Jul 31, 2004, 12:33 AM

Post #9 of 65 (1863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] Hey all! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey guys thanx for ya suggestions and opinion.I appreciate it as well.Wink

hmm...actually i am looking for a small breed doggie as companion.I am living in a double storey house with a small compound lor.I am a student at the moment.actually i had found a few breed dat i am intereted in.I do like the silky terrier,ECS,shih tzu,pekingese,beagle,miniature pinscher or mixed breed i also likeSmile........give some suggestion ler...

I like all those...especially small breed bcoz i would like to cuddle my puppy all the time...hehe.Laugh

well...i will give myself a few month to prepare myself for my first puppy.I did learned in this site.hmm......where to get my new puppy Crazy HELP!

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Jul 31, 2004, 12:43 AM

Post #10 of 65 (1861 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Hey all! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey!nice to meet u too.Ur beagle is cute...wats ur baby call??

TongueSame as me yer just a beginner.Anyway,thanx 4 ur advice.

I am Penang lang lar...so i cant attend to this amazing gatheringFrown.It is too farrrrrrrr........

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jul 31, 2004, 1:08 AM

Post #11 of 65 (1859 views)
Shortcut

hi, sorry to hear that you couldn't go for such event. the beagle name is Henry. no idea why we name him henry, maybe it sound nice though.

which part of penang ru from? I have a relative in penang. And i will be going to penang soon for holiday during weekends.. my relative stays in greenlane heights..

(This post was edited by MisterStan on Jul 31, 2004, 1:20 AM)

ladee_m
Doggyman

Jul 31, 2004, 2:13 AM

Post #12 of 65 (1853 views)
Shortcut

HI Smile

Welcome... hope you have fun meeting many fantastic ppl here and making new friends too... the members are really great...

Here is a website which can help you select a suitable breed...

http://sy.adiho.com/...id=33&appid=9901

Hope you find a suitable breed and do let me know what is the results... I'll be glad to give some pointers and share my experience wherever I can... Wink ENJOY!!!

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 31, 2004, 6:52 AM

Post #13 of 65 (1824 views)
Shortcut

Hello and welcome to the forum.... CoolSmile

Learn all the thing you can... all very very useful for a beginner.... I have for dogs and all are really lovelyBlush

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Jul 31, 2004, 8:05 PM

Post #14 of 65 (1821 views)
Shortcut

Frownyea...sad...i hope i can go too..........

Henry,very smart name Cool.hehe...I am living in Bukit Mertajam.Greenlane Heights is in Penang island.My bf i living near to greenlane too...Wink

so,will u bring along ur Henry to penang?I think sure have...Tongueur henry is so lovely....

Hope ya enjoy ur holiday lor...theres many delicacy cuisines in penang lar.dont miss them out!hehe...theres a food & fruits festival held in penang tonight.yum yum...Smilebu i dont want to b fat fatUnsure lol...

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Jul 31, 2004, 8:17 PM

Post #15 of 65 (1820 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] Hey all! [In reply to] Can't Post

heySmile

thanx for your help.I found dat american eskimo miniature is most suitable for me...where to get an eskimo??Tongue I have done a few research n i take it as reference.thanx for ur helpWink

UnsureU have a lovely n adoreable baby...

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Jul 31, 2004, 8:23 PM

Post #16 of 65 (1819 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Hey all! [In reply to] Can't Post

hiWink

thanxLaugh mind to share ur babies pic with me???

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jul 31, 2004, 9:32 PM

Post #17 of 65 (1817 views)
Shortcut

if i come to penang, i only will eat eat eat. there is this place near the sunway hotel in penang island which got of things to eat. this place opens at night. like the chee cheong fun that put prawn paste. nyamnyam!!! don't think i will be bringing henry to penang:

1) he is small

2) he have not complete his third vaccine yet

3) the place i am staying is apartment

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Aug 1, 2004, 2:21 AM

Post #18 of 65 (1815 views)
Shortcut

ShockedI know which place u mention bout...there is call New Lane.Try the chee cheong chuk there!! Quite yummieTongue!!hehe...n also char koey tew.I have been there tooWink.the hawker stalls there are located in front of an old cinema,am i rite???hehe...good...eat eat eat...haha same with me!

Unsurethen henry must b very lonely.

how old is ur henry??where u bought it?

I am still looking for small breed puppy n wonder where to get one.

MisterStan
Doggyman

Aug 1, 2004, 2:33 AM

Post #19 of 65 (1812 views)
Shortcut

henry is 2 months old. i didn't realize there is old cinema near there, ekeke. Cool ok next time i go there i try char koay teow.. well henry won't really be lonely because i got other family members will look after him.. i bought henry from a pet shop in petaling jaya. when i come to penang, you must cheng ngor sek yeh ok??? Smile

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Aug 1, 2004, 3:03 AM

Post #20 of 65 (1811 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] Hey all! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi thereSmile,

can anyone tell me what breed is the puppy in my avatar??? It is soooooooo cuteTongue

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Aug 1, 2004, 6:28 AM

Post #21 of 65 (1806 views)
Shortcut

Sure... go to photos.yahoo.com/yuinhun_yyh

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Aug 2, 2004, 6:07 AM

Post #22 of 65 (1796 views)
Shortcut

hey,

CrazyI also confuse whether theres a cinema nearby??lol...dats good la at least still have ur family member take care of him.I know u wont let him alone too lar...if me i also wont do so.if something Pirate happen to my furkid dats Frown...

o...u bought it from a pet shop..i also want to look 4 a puppy from pet shop but i heard many bad things happen on the puppy they bought from pet shop...Unsureshould i looking 4 one from a pet shop?? My aunt bought a shih tzu from a pet shop.She just got it for RM500++ is dat very cheap for a shih tzu???

this afternoon i am waiting 4 my fren reply coz i wan 2 adopt a puppy from her fren.unluckyly...no puppy left...they were adopt by other ppl...they are mixed breed.so sad...Frown

ok !cheng nei sek yeh is ok la...when will u come 2 penang?kekeke...mind to tell me how old r ya? I am 19 years old lor.Tongue am i too young or too...old?hehe...

MisterStan
Doggyman

Aug 2, 2004, 6:22 AM

Post #23 of 65 (1793 views)
Shortcut

Cool not sure when i be comin to penang. why don't u leave down your hp then i call u when i reach penang. u bring me go around penang lar when i free in ya cozy car , Tongue. i think the pet shop is reliable bcs the lady is sweet, and she is married and her husband is a vet. there is 2 vets on saturdays, so i feel safe and reliable. and when i buy from her, she give me discount and plus free items - dog food, dog cage.

500 for a shih tzu? that is cheap. but that shih tzu got cert or chip or not. or maybe that shih tzu something wrongleh. better check twice. pin tou ya qum tai kor kap lah chui kai 'tiu' (not a bad word - a phrase).

I am 20 years old from kl. sire is ....... and dam is ....... (ekeke, talking like doggy liao)

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Aug 2, 2004, 6:34 AM

Post #24 of 65 (1791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Hey all! [In reply to] Can't Post

hello,

nice pic.Smileand ur dogs look smart n cute.wow!U own 3 dogs.i cant hav so many dogs.Tongue cant spread my love to them.

is ur shih tzu mixed breed or pure breed?? How old is he/she?

MisterStan
Doggyman

Aug 2, 2004, 6:38 AM

Post #25 of 65 (1789 views)
Shortcut

crazy mouse avatar pic is so scary, like getting ready to gobble/eat/swallow/bite me up. i have nightmares since i see the pic. Cool

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my